Miss Earth, Social Media, and South America

Miss Earth, Social Media, and South America

Postby Handsama » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:34 pm

I was waiting for CamAngel to create a separate thread for this topic posted in the Miss Earth 2021 thread as requested by some of our fellow Earthlings but I went ahead and did it for her. Hope she doesn’t mind. Carry on with your comments guys. :">

CamAngel123 wrote:Hi Earthlings!

Seems like I finally succumbed to the unwavering pageant season that is currently happening in a minor pageant that we all know very well. In line with this, I would like to have a healthy discourse regarding the topic:

How can Miss Earth fully utilize the use of social media for the promotion of the pageant?

I also noticed that the Latinas sent to the mentioned pageant are in great competitive form (in terms of styling and preparedness). What should Miss Earth do to bring back its glory days in South America?

Apologies in advance if some of you will take this negatively. That is not my intention. I just find this thread more meaningful with insightful thoughts which are actually helpful. Facebook became so stressful to me lately. :hx

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Re: Miss Earth, Social Media, and South America

Postby Handsama » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:57 pm

Social Media:

I’m pleased to see that Miss Earth org is doing a much better job nowadays at engaging the audience through its various social media accounts. I was also glad to see many international pageant bloggers invited to judge the various events in Miss Earth 2020. I thought that was a great move by the org and I hope to see these bloggers invited in future Earth events. By doing so, it shows that the org values this community. In turn, Miss Earth gets to reach a wider audience through these bloggers without having to resort to the shenanigans other pageants engage in (we know them so well ;,)) such as paying some bloggers to promote them and trash talk others, especially Miss Earth,
Handsama

Postby sleuth08 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:30 am

Handsama wrote:I was waiting for CamAngel to create a separate thread for this topic posted in the Miss Earth 2021 thread as requested by some of our fellow Earthlings but I went ahead and did it for her. Hope she doesn’t mind. Carry on with your comments guys. :">

Seems like I finally succumbed to the unwavering pageant season that is currently happening in a minor pageant that we all know very well. In line with this, I would like to have a healthy discourse regarding the topic:

How can Miss Earth fully utilize the use of social media for the promotion of the pageant?

I also noticed that the Latinas sent to the mentioned pageant are in great competitive form (in terms of styling and preparedness). What should Miss Earth do to bring back its glory days in South America?

Apologies in advance if some of you will take this negatively. That is not my intention. I just find this thread more meaningful with insightful thoughts which are actually helpful. Facebook became so stressful to me lately. :hx

IN RESPONSE TO CAMANGEL123 (DO NOT WORRY I DO NOT FIND YOUR TOPIC/QUESTION IS NOT NEGATIVE)

I THINK UPDATING SOCIAL MEDIA IS ONE OF MISS EARTH'S LEAST FOCUS OF ATTENTION IN THE PAST. BUT WITH COVID AND THE VIRTUAL PAGEANT, I THINK MISS EARTH IS DOING A GOOD JOB IN UTILIZING FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO PROMOTE THE PAGEANT AND THE CAUSE. I DO HOPE THEY CONTINUE THIS MOMENTUM

IN TERMS OF LATINAS IN GREAT FIGHTING FORM, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER MISS EARTH IS NOT ABOUT STYLING, MAKE UP, GLAMOUR. AND IN TERMS OF PREPAREDNESS - YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER AS WELL IN MISS EARTH ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND GETTING DOWN AND DIRTY IS MORE IMPORTANT. THAT'S WHY PAGEANT EXPERTS WILL SAY KNOW THE PAGEANT YOU ARE JOINING. WHAT MAY BE PREPARED IN ONE PAGEANT IS NOT THE SAME IN ANOTHER.

BUT THAT BEING SAID, EUROPE AND ASIA ARE ALSO IN GREAT FIGHTING FORM IN MISS EARTH, ESPECIALLY EUROPE - THEIR REPS ARE WAY BETTER AND MORE COMPETATIVE THAN SHALL WE SAY IN MISS UNIVERSE. AND EVEN SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TAKE MISS EARTH MORE SERIOUS THAN MISS WORLD
sleuth08
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:27 am

sleuth08 wrote:
Handsama wrote:I was waiting for CamAngel to create a separate thread for this topic posted in the Miss Earth 2021 thread as requested by some of our fellow Earthlings but I went ahead and did it for her. Hope she doesn’t mind. Carry on with your comments guys. :">

IN RESPONSE TO CAMANGEL123 (DO NOT WORRY I DO NOT FIND YOUR TOPIC/QUESTION IS NOT NEGATIVE)

I THINK UPDATING SOCIAL MEDIA IS ONE OF MISS EARTH'S LEAST FOCUS OF ATTENTION IN THE PAST. BUT WITH COVID AND THE VIRTUAL PAGEANT, I THINK MISS EARTH IS DOING A GOOD JOB IN UTILIZING FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM TO PROMOTE THE PAGEANT AND THE CAUSE. I DO HOPE THEY CONTINUE THIS MOMENTUM

IN TERMS OF LATINAS IN GREAT FIGHTING FORM, YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER MISS EARTH IS NOT ABOUT STYLING, MAKE UP, GLAMOUR. AND IN TERMS OF PREPAREDNESS - YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER AS WELL IN MISS EARTH ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE AND GETTING DOWN AND DIRTY IS MORE IMPORTANT. THAT'S WHY PAGEANT EXPERTS WILL SAY KNOW THE PAGEANT YOU ARE JOINING. WHAT MAY BE PREPARED IN ONE PAGEANT IS NOT THE SAME IN ANOTHER.

BUT THAT BEING SAID, EUROPE AND ASIA ARE ALSO IN GREAT FIGHTING FORM IN MISS EARTH, ESPECIALLY EUROPE - THEIR REPS ARE WAY BETTER AND MORE COMPETATIVE THAN SHALL WE SAY IN MISS UNIVERSE. AND EVEN SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TAKE MISS EARTH MORE SERIOUS THAN MISS WORLD

The outcome of Miss Earth 2020 proved everything. European candidates continued to dominate the semifinals since 2018, although the candidates from the Americas also have great fighting form despite Venezuela was the only South American nation who made the first cut.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:30 am

For the first time in many years that more than one Central American delegate made the first cut. Normally it's either USA or Mexico or any South American countries will made the cut. Puerto Rico just stated the momentum again at ME with two straight placements.
ajsy0203

Postby manoypoe » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:50 am

Miss Earth Nigeria posted earlier that Miss Earth requires one of the most, if not the most, extensive training or preparation amongst beauty pageants.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby sleuth08 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:47 pm

A MIXTURE OF ENVIRONMENTAL KNOWLEDGE, PLUS HUMILITY, PLUS DEDICATION, PLUS GOING MAKE UP FREE - THAT IS NOT AN EASY TASK
sleuth08

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1977
Profession: airline load controller
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: DESTROYING MISS EARTH HATERS

Postby Handsama » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:17 am

As to the other question of what Miss Earth can do to bring back South America’s glory days, I think the better question asked is what South America can do to keep winning Miss Earth,

The thing is that we all know Carousel does not play regional favorites. At the end of the day, the best performers win regardless of where they’re from. Unlike another pageant, it doesn’t favor one particular continent just to capture fan support. And it doesn’t rotate its winners amongst various geographic regions just like one owner does.

To be fair, South America has done really well in the pageant. Many former elemental winners and titleholders came from this continent. Ecuador won not along ago. And Venezuela just grabbed Miss Air last year. But as I’ve witnessed through the years, some fans from this region will never be supportive of Miss Earth primarily because of built-in rivalry and resentment towards the Philippines for its many recent successes in pageantry. There’s not much Miss Earth can do for these people. All I can say is they’re missing on a good pageant so its their loss.

But to keep winning Miss Earth, South America has to evolve. Stage performance which is its strong suit remains an important aspect of the competition but it needs to send women who are great environmental speakers who walk the talk. Because Europe, Asia, and Africa have them beat when it comes advocacies. Then there’s North and Central America who have been fielding some excellent candidates lately.

To modify a famous quote from John F Kennedy...ask not what Miss Earth can do for you but ask what you can do for Miss Earth and its cause. :-D
Handsama

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:50 am

Handsama wrote:As to the other question of what Miss Earth can do to bring back South America’s glory days, I think the better question asked is what South America can do to keep winning Miss Earth,

The thing is that we all know Carousel does not play regional favorites. At the end of the day, the best performers win regardless of where they’re from. Unlike another pageant, it doesn’t favor one particular continent just to capture fan support. And it doesn’t rotate its winners amongst various geographic regions just like one owner does.

To be fair, South America has done really well in the pageant. Many former elemental winners and titleholders came from this continent. Ecuador won not along ago. And Venezuela just grabbed Miss Air last year. But as I’ve witnessed through the years, some fans from this region will never be supportive of Miss Earth primarily because of built-in rivalry and resentment towards the Philippines for its many recent successes in pageantry. There’s not much Miss Earth can do for these people. All I can say is they’re missing on a good pageant so its their loss.

But to keep winning Miss Earth, South America has to evolve. Stage performance which is its strong suit remains an important aspect of the competition but it needs to send women who are great environmental speakers who walk the talk. Because Europe, Asia, and Africa have them beat when it comes advocacies. Then there’s North and Central America who have been fielding some excellent candidates lately.

To modify a famous quote from John F Kennedy...ask not what Miss Earth can do for you but ask what you can do for Miss Earth and its cause. :-D

Venezuela is the only South American country made the cut at Miss Earth 2020, the biggest surprise was two Central American countries Panama and Costa Rica made the first cut.
ajsy0203

Postby JustinSky » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:50 am

I just want to comment about South America sending ladies in great fighting form in a minor pageant. These ladies will not win Miss Earth. Sure they have the body and the walk but do they have the intelligence and environmental knowledge? Parasela is not part of selecting the winner at Miss Earth. Our current Miss Earth has a weak walk imo. It's all about beauty, dedication to the cause and brain.
JustinSky
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby ne0n » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:57 pm

On the topic of social media presence, I am glad that Miss Earth have made leaps and bounds in terms of their content and fan engagement, as what majority have noticed.

Do not be fooled by the number of likes as majority of these young pageant fans are just going along with the flow, herd mentality as they say. As we mature, we eventually realize that we have to expect more from pageants than just perfect hair, body measurements and catwalk. Case in point, Missology used to be a haven of pageant afficionados in it's heyday but majority have moved on with their lives now focusing on more worthy endeavors.

As long as Miss Earth stays true to its very timely advocacy, and can translate it well to the new generation of audience who uses social media, then they have already done a good job of propagating a solid pageant community that appreciates more worthy causes than mere superficiality.

ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby ne0n » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm

I believe South America have never really wane in sending strong delegates each year. Proof in point was the strong showing in the virtual finals last year. I guess they just realized that one needs to send a woman who can communicate and is genuinely passionate for the environment, rather than one who focuses on perfect make-up and well-manicured nails. I remember how Venezuela, under Osmel's time, used to send really gorgeous girls but cannot really answer the crucial final question directly.

ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Geeyourhair » Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Here is my take on this topic...

First of all...I do not think South America has lost its glory. In fact, they all have the glory almost every year. Every year they always place and the region remains to be the most competitive group at Miss Earth. So there is nothing to bring back because it's been with them ever since.

Second...if losing the glory means lacking the styling and the glamour the other pageants have...I think it is an unfair comparison. The ladies from the Americas at Miss Earth have always been very competitive (both in beauty and intelligence dept.) they were just not styled by their respective ND's the way other groups are doing because Miss Earth, as a pageant, does not require them to be. Among the big-4, only Miss Universe has this kind of styling matters. Any pageant that copies what Miss Universe does will surely follow suit. So I think for as long as Miss Earth does not care much on glossy photos, outlandish gowns, and transformative make-ups...they will always pale in comparison with Miss Universe or any other wannabe Miss Universe pageant. But lately, even if Miss Earth does not require such...I see some ND's doing their fair share of raising the bar high in terms of styling their own reps.---case in point the 2020 representatives of USA, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Aregentina and the Philippines to name a few.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby CamAngel123 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:08 am

Thank you so much Handsama for making this thread! I was hesitant to start a thread about this and decided not to because I was afraid it might cause an unwanted negative feedback. I really appreciate all your insights :hx
"One small action multiplied by a million people can transform the world."
- Nguyễn Phương Khánh, Miss Earth 2018
CamAngel123

Date of Birth: 23 Mar 1998
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: sharing pageant updates

Postby manoypoe » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:02 pm

IT'S NOT JUST A PAGEANT, IT'S A LIFESTYLE.
A MOVEMENT TO A BETTER TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:09 pm

HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY!!
Being in pageants you surround yourself with some of the most influential and inspiring women. What makes the @missearthusa / @teenmissearthusa so unique is we all have one goal, and that is to save the planet. It is a group of strong women that are dedicated to there platforms and are powerful when it comes finding and making a change in the world. I am proud to be a women and I was proud to stand next to these fabulous ladies at nationals!!
#internationalwomensday

manoypoe

Postby quelab22 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:23 pm

Miss Earth rules
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Return to Miss Earth