Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco at UN's State of Planet Speech

Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco at UN's State of Planet Speech

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:27 am

Full Video:
[youtube]2BpFEoGK4jU[/youtube]

She maybe bashed by hardcore pageant traditionalists but she remained active as environmental advocate after she relinquished her crown in 2018. I think it is already a huge achievement that other Big 5 queens of 2017 don't have. I think her appearance at UN virtual address and UN Youth Climate Summit last year are bigger rewards than appearing at the national pageants in Indonesia (remember what j*f* mocked Karen 2 years ago after she was allegedly left out among the Big 5 queens)?

Full Speech:
https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/spe ... the-planet
[/size]

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco at UN's State of Planet Spe

Postby ne0n » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:00 am

Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco is definitely soaring high. As Handsama mentioned, she gave the title the gravitas which attracted women of substance (like our last three winners) to join her league.

While Karen and Miss Earth are soaring high, her detractors are wallowing in despair and anonymity.
ne0n
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:28 am

Can't help but feel proud.

This girl deserves all the success =c3
The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:48 am

ne0n wrote:Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco is definitely soaring high. As Handsama mentioned, she gave the title the gravitas which attracted women of substance (like our last three winners) to join her league.

While Karen and Miss Earth are soaring high, her detractors are wallowing in despair and anonymity.

By resorting to subvert Ms Ibasco's every move, the bashers only succeed in adding misery and substantiate the burden of their obscure forgettable life.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby ne0n » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:06 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
ne0n wrote:Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco is definitely soaring high. As Handsama mentioned, she gave the title the gravitas which attracted women of substance (like our last three winners) to join her league.

By resorting to subvert Ms Ibasco's every move, the bashers only succeed in adding misery and substantiate the burden of their obscure forgettable life.

Very true beautywatchnyc, they can never put a good woman like Karen down. Anyway, I am such a fan of yours since lurking in misso from way back. Are you in London? I used to live in the southeast side in Greenwich but have recently moved to Bracknell for work. Hope you are doing well there since lockdown has been lifted.
ne0n

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:44 am

ne0n wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Very true beautywatchnyc, they can never put a good woman like Karen down. Anyway, I am such a fan of yours since lurking in misso from way back. Are you in London? I used to live in the southeast side in Greenwich but have recently moved to Bracknell for work. Hope you are doing well there since lockdown has been lifted.

Ah, okay, thanks. I still am. Lifted nga but it's still the same daily precautions that rule our life. Parang feeling ko na stranded kasi khit pport renewal takes ages to get processed' 8-10 weeks biro mong pasakit sa mga mamamayang Pilipino. Bracknell is located which direction from Central L? Sounds countryside and peaceful? I'll pm you my fb and contact no. Stay safe and away from danger and harm.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby ne0n » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:58 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
ne0n wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Ah, okay, thanks. I still am. Lifted nga but it's still the same daily precautions that rule our life. Parang feeling ko na stranded kasi khit pport renewal takes ages to get processed' 8-10 weeks biro mong pasakit sa mga mamamayang Pilipino. Bracknell is located which direction from Central L? Sounds countryside and peaceful? I'll pm you my fb and contact no. Stay safe and away from danger and harm.

Very true, the tiered system doesn't make much of a difference from lockdown I think. Really, ganun ba katagal ang passport processing ngayon? Considering we are limited with travels, might as well wait for it. Bracknell is an hour from London, medyo tahimik nga dito since it's countryside though I missed the bustling life of London sometimes. Please do send me your fb and contact num, let's have some afternoon tea and scones once things normalize soon.
ne0n

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:17 am

Yeah, OOT: it will serve to advise prospective pp renewal applicants how slow pp processing is this time. Extremely frustrating but the protocols need to be observed. As you will know, p'port production is done in Manila and face-to-face interaction is not permitted at the Embassy except when you actually submit your applications and the support documents to the Consular Section for evaluation, payment and processing. I sought the help of a team based in Manila to help me secure an on-line appointment and it took them 2.5 months to access an open slot confirmation on-line. Can you believe that? I had a bitter altercation with an Embassy staff at the front desk. I started to ask relevant questions which she was unable to provide convincing replies' hence' I lost my cool. Brace for the stark truth. Dual citizenship pport holders are no exemption. The same procedures apply.
beautywatchnyc

Postby Geeyourhair » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:09 am

@Asjsy203 why is it a big deal to you if Karen was not invited to Indonesia? I mean common Miss Earth is not even part of Puteri so it made sense not to see Karen there in 2017. Di ko talaga ma-gets ang comparison mo sa UN apperance nya versus Indonesia non-invitation. I think you are the only one who got hurt so much about her non-appearance in Indonesia eh di ko nga maalala na nagpunta pala doon ang the other Big-4 Queens.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:34 am

Geeyourhair wrote:@Asjsy203 why is it a big deal to you if Karen was not invited to Indonesia? I mean common Miss Earth is not even part of Puteri so it made sense not to see Karen there in 2017. Di ko talaga ma-gets ang comparison mo sa UN apperance nya versus Indonesia non-invitation. I think you are the only one who got hurt so much about her non-appearance in Indonesia eh di ko nga maalala na nagpunta pala doon ang the other Big-4 Queens.

Please read it this one again:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1525646

Naging "big deal" noon ang mga bashers laban kay Karen (at Ponkan noong 2019) dahil siya lang ang hindi nakapunta sa Indonesia, para patunayan na "hindi deserving" ang Miss Earth bilang Big 5 pageant. Pero binuwelta ni manoypoe laban kay juicy_fruit146 ang mga argumento niya.
ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Return to Miss Earth