BELIZE WINS MISS EARTH 2021!

Re: BELIZE WINS MISS EARTH 2021!

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:43 pm

ARMENIA

#ARMENIA
I am very happy and proud that I've participated in this very important and purposeful pageant and represented our Armenian culture & history...
Thanks for this opportunity, for this incredible emotions & experience!
Also I want to thanks all my Friends, Fans and Sponsors who supported me during this 2 months journey!
Thanks to my family for being there with me... Finally thanks to @missearth for this amazing adventure!

Everyone who were with me during this long time, I personally thank each of you for your efforts, participation and support
#Gratefulandblessed

Your Miss Earth Armenia 2021.
#MariaShukuryan

P.s- in case the video was shooted at 5AM morning!!

manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby ClubEarthMisso » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:48 pm

We saw a lot of firsts and placement/winning streak at the 21st edition of Miss Earth. I skimmed through the telecast again on Youtube just to be thorough.

But first I want to point out some delegates were not seen in the parade of nations:

Cote D'Ivoire
Croatia
Ethiopia
Iraq
Liberia
Niger
Switzerland
Zambia

Firsts:

BELIZE
Winner
Top 4
Top 8
Top 20 (represented 9 times)

BELGIUM
Top 20 finish (represented 20 times)

BOTSWANA
Top 20 finish (represented 9 times)

CHILE
Miss Earth - Water crown

COLOMBIA
Winner of Fan Vote

CZECH REPUBLIC
Gold for Talent Competition Creative Category

GAMBIA
Debut

INDONESIA
Top 20 finish (represented 17 times)

IRAN
Debut

LAOS
Debut

MALAYSIA
Top 20 finish (represented 20 times)

NIGER
Debut

NIGERIA
Best Eco Video (Africa)

THAILAND
Miss Earth - Fire crown
Gold for Sports Wear Competition

VENEZUELA
Best Eco Video (Americas)

CASUAL CHIC COMPETITION
Introduced this year and Puerto Rico won the Gold

Streak:

BELARUS
3rd consecutive Top 20

DENMARK
2nd consecutive Top 20

NETHERLANDS
2nd consecutive year in the Top 8
5th consecutive Top 20
2nd consecutive win for Best Eco Video (Europe)
2nd consecutive Silver for Sports Wear Competition

NIGERIA
3rd consecutive Top 20

PHILIPPINES
2nd consecutive Top 8
5th consecutive Top 20
2nd consecutive Gold for Long Gown competition

SOUTH AFRICA
2nd consecutive year in the Top 20

SPAIN
2nd consecutive Gold for Talent Competition Dance Category

THAILAND
3rd consecutive Top 20

USA
3rd consecutive year in the Top 4
3rd consecutive Top 8
3rd consecutive Top 20
2nd consecutive Gold for Talent Competition Singing Category

VENEZUELA
2nd consecutive Top 8
2nd consecutive Top 20
2nd Consecutive Gold for Best in Swimsuit

Countries which have sent delegates to every Miss Earth since 2001

AUSTRALIA
DOMINICAN REP
INDIA
PHILIPPINES
SINGAPORE
THAILAND
USA

I hope I did not missed anything significant.
Hopefully next year we continue to witness a lot of firsts and consecutive streaks including another first time winner or host city/country
Last edited by ClubEarthMisso on Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The 23rd Annual
MISS❀EARTH
Competition

V I E T N A M

2023's highly anticipated international environmental event
will feature women from four corners of the globe vying for
the coveted Miss Earth crown
ClubEarthMisso
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 11 Sep 2001
Profession: Unknown
Hobbies/Interests: I don't have any interests

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:49 pm

SWEDEN

During this fall, I have grown,
I have been in uncomfortable situations where I need to believe in myself and my own strength,

I have been disciplined and worked hard for myself in this competition as Miss Earth Sweden 2021 and the same time working at my full time job.

I am grateful for being me, the one that never gives up and the one who always gives 100 %

I am proud and honored to have been a part of this journey and being the one that has represented Sweden in such a big pageant. And I know that it won’t end here.

I am of course very very very happy that I have received a lot of support from many people, my wonderful family, my friends and unknown people from all around the world. Thank you all so much

The second picture was taken while I prepared for the final that was 03:00 in the morning today (Swedish time)

Thank you so much for this opportunity @missearth @misssweden_ and for all the love

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:00 pm

BELGIUM

I woke up today with the most amazing feeling. We made History! Belgium’s first top 20 placement ever.

This isn’t the a farewell, I’m your Miss Earth Belgium 2021 and my advocacy will be heard bye the world! The time for action is NOW and let me tell you my actions will speak louder than words.

I want to congratulate my sister from the very beginning and now my Miss earth Queen @destinyewagner. I’m so so proud of you!
Also congrats to out new reigning queens @baitong__j @marisapaigebutler @romydenecken
Thank you @missearth for this beautiful journey and the new miss earth family I will cherish forever. Philippines I will see you soon.

Thank you to all the delegates for being such beautiful souls! And thank you to all Earth lovers for listening and spreading our advocacy’s.

Most importantly thank you to the most beautiful TEAM BELGIUM @missexclusiveofficial @kenofficial86 @lauralyn.vermeersch @r.skelis
Thank you for believing in me
The best team ever!

Have a lovely earth day.

Hair & make up @lauralynofficial
Dress @louispangilinan.ph

manoypoe

Postby LonFlores » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:31 pm

fermnedoza wrote:Pansin n' yo sa mga report, talagang emphasized na "Big4(FOUR)" pageant lang ang recognized ng mga media as important and relevant sa kahit sa mainstream media sa Thailand.

Misso committed a mistake elevating MS. Look at it now. Lackluster with not much substance. It was superb sa production dati. But chaka now. LED effect di na mabenta. Eh wala ring purpose masyado ang pageant.
LonFlores
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby divine_nymph » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:34 pm

Handsama wrote:In Queen Carla’s post pageant interview with the new Queens, she mentioned to expect the new elemental court to visit the Philippines soon. I hope they bring in the 2020 court as well. That would be a blast! [-O<

It would be great to see both 2020 and 2021 winners in the Philippines... I think the 2020 deserves a chance to visit the Philippines since they are the first not to compete physically but virtually so it's their chance to see the beautiful islands of the Philippines.
divine_nymph
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Scott Donahue
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1980
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: engineer and scientist
Hobbies/Interests: winter sports like luge, bobsled
Message: Hi there I want to make friends and learn something new

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:04 pm

manoypoe

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:11 pm

bukita wrote:[center][i]Baitong Miss Earth Fire 2021 attends Ann's Send-Off Party to UNIVERSE last night.

With Nuttha

Who is Nuttha? This kind of beauty is perfect for ME. I hope Baitong entice her to join MET next year.

By the way, in every post-pageant interview that Baitong participated...her personality really shined. I really like her bubbly personality. I think a TV host profession is perfect for her. I hope her win at Miss Earth will pave a way for a career in the TV industry so she can continue to advocate for the environment.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:30 pm

KYRGYZSTAN

The contest "Miss Earth" has come to its logical conclusion. This is not just a beauty contest, it is a global project to protect the environment, which makes our planet a better place.

Thanks to this project, I have made many new friends not only in our country, but also beyond its borders.

I would like to express my deep gratitude to all partners, relatives and friends. to the organizers of the Miss Earth project for this unique opportunity to use your voice to protect Mother Earth.

I also express my deep gratitude to the World League of Beauty and Fashion WLBF and the national director @begimain for not doubting me and my good intentions, supporting my candidacy and walking this path with me.

And I also want to thank everyone who supported me and was there.

I express my deep gratitude for the professionalism and creativity of my favorite team, without which I could not have done it. In such a short time, we have done an incredible job and adequately represented our country on the international platform.
I love you.

I am sincerely glad that I became a part of the history of the contest "Miss Earth"

And I would also like to congratulate all my sisters in the @missearth competition.

All the girls adequately represented their country. I am sincerely glad to be among like-minded people who are changing this world for the better
And I want to especially congratulate the newly made:
Miss earth fire @baitong__j
Miss Earth Air @marisapaigebutler
Miss Earth water @romydenecken
And the winner of the contest Miss Earth @missearth
You have come a long way towards your g[IG][/IG]oal. And they revealed the wonderful sides of their culture, beauty and the Miss Earth contest. I wish you to bear this status with dignity to the end. And keep moving towards your goals and inspire everyone on your way, in whom dreams are born.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:32 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
bukita wrote:[center][i]Baitong Miss Earth Fire 2021 attends Ann's Send-Off Party to UNIVERSE last night.

With Nuttha
[iCWj-jduLSG6[/ig]

Who is Nuttha? This kind of beauty is perfect for ME. I hope Baitong entice her to join MET next year.

By the way, in every post-pageant interview that Baitong participated...her personality really shined. I really like her bubbly personality. I think a TV host profession is perfect for her. I hope her win at Miss Earth will pave a way for a career in the TV industry so she can continue to advocate for the environment.

For sure, many Thai Queens will join MET 2022.
manoypoe

Postby ne0n » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:46 pm

divine_nymph wrote:
Handsama wrote:In Queen Carla’s post pageant interview with the new Queens, she mentioned to expect the new elemental court to visit the Philippines soon. I hope they bring in the 2020 court as well. That would be a blast! [-O<

It would be great to see both 2020 and 2021 winners in the Philippines... I think the 2020 deserves a chance to visit the Philippines since they are the first not to compete physically but virtually so it's their chance to see the beautiful islands of the Philippines.

I hope the 2020 queens will be invited to the live (claiming it) finals next year, as backstage anchors, or co-host perhaps, so they can experience an in-person Miss Earth show.
ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby ne0n » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:55 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:

With Nuttha
[iCWj-jduLSG6[/ig]

For sure, many Thai Queens will join MET 2022.

With Baitong's success in the recent pageant, I can see a bigger, grander MET next year. Dr. Sirikan is determine to get their first Miss Earth crown. Definitely exciting.
ne0n

Real Life Name/Nick: ne0n
Date of Birth: 04 Apr 2010
Profession: Medical
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:31 pm

Lord Marie_Juana wrote:
valleriam wrote:Deserving winner. However, I will alway question this pageant’s integrity and criteria of picking the semifinalists/finalists. Some placements made NO SENSE. The pageant was boring, in lasted forever with zero dynamism, if this is what you’re gonna produce for a so called Big 5 pageant, then we don’t want it. Virtual pageants are just a waste of time and boring to watch. Just wait and have a real competition if you can’t organize a proper competition.

Overall thoughts

Miss Earth: BELIZE - Very genuine, effortless beauty with substance and undeniable presence.
Miss Air: USA - I need her in another big pageant, she is gorgeous and well prepared. Pulled a Sandra Seifert.
Miss Water: CHILE - Very beautiful, great styling. This was as far as I thought she could go.
Miss Fire: THAILAND - Not a fan, I would have included Venezuela, she had a real advocaty and her answers were cohesive.

I totally understand why some placements did not make sense to you because you only watched the finals! For those people who closely followed the pageant and all its pre-pageant activities which were all broadcasted live on Facebook and Youtube, all the semi-finalists were the candidates that were expected to place! None of them were shockers or WTF placers! So I suggest, if you want to gain that sense that you are looking for, better watch the preliminary events! If it still doesn’t make sense to you, then it’s your problem already!! =b :%))

Btw, for a virtual pageant, I think this year’s virtual show is an improvement from last year! I must say, I was entertained! 8-> :hx

I THINK HE IS TALKING ABOUT SOME AFRICAN SEMI-FINALIST WHO DON'T REALLY DESERVED TO BE THERE. THEY ARE ONLY SELECTED DUE TO CONTINENTAL ALLOCATIONS.
Binibining ZOZI
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry

Postby LonFlores » Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:39 pm

Binibining ZOZI wrote:
Lord Marie_Juana wrote:
valleriam wrote:Deserving winner. However, I will alway question this pageant’s integrity and criteria of picking the semifinalists/finalists. Some placements made NO SENSE. The pageant was boring, in lasted forever with zero dynamism, if this is what you’re gonna produce for a so called Big 5 pageant, then we don’t want it. Virtual pageants are just a waste of time and boring to watch. Just wait and have a real competition if you can’t organize a proper competition.

Overall thoughts

Miss Earth: BELIZE - Very genuine, effortless beauty with substance and undeniable presence.
Miss Air: USA - I need her in another big pageant, she is gorgeous and well prepared. Pulled a Sandra Seifert.
Miss Water: CHILE - Very beautiful, great styling. This was as far as I thought she could go.
Miss Fire: THAILAND - Not a fan, I would have included Venezuela, she had a real advocaty and her answers were cohesive.

I totally understand why some placements did not make sense to you because you only watched the finals! For those people who closely followed the pageant and all its pre-pageant activities which were all broadcasted live on Facebook and Youtube, all the semi-finalists were the candidates that were expected to place! None of them were shockers or WTF placers! So I suggest, if you want to gain that sense that you are looking for, better watch the preliminary events! If it still doesn’t make sense to you, then it’s your problem already!! =b :%))

Btw, for a virtual pageant, I think this year’s virtual show is an improvement from last year! I must say, I was entertained! 8-> :hx

I THINK HE IS TALKING ABOUT SOME AFRICAN SEMI-FINALIST WHO DON'T REALLY DESERVED TO BE THERE. THEY ARE ONLY SELECTED DUE TO CONTINENTAL ALLOCATIONS.

Did he say the same thing with the continental placementa in Miss Universe? Nevertheless, continental placements are partly justified. The purpose of the pageant is environmental advocacy. Each part of the world should be given a voice in this platform.
LonFlores

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 am

Busyboy wrote:Now that the Government of Belize has took notice, it would be a good thing if Destiny will be crowned in Belize by Lindsay right before she have her homecoming parade for maximum impact.

From the Belizean PM.

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:12 am

ClubEarthMisso wrote:
BTS winning reaction

Love these pics! :%)) So happy for the new Thai org. With how fierce the competition was, this is a major win for them.
Handsama

Postby Handsama » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:36 am

It looks like Monica’s semifinal placement has been well received by Indonesian pageantry. I haven’t seen a lot of hate from their fans after the finals. :%))

Handsama

Postby The Duchess » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:46 am

I will say that while I don't understand like 3 placements there and the exclusion of my candidate who is the most enviromentally-concious rep we have sent, I am very happy with the Top 8, Top 4 and eventual winner.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby bukita » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:01 am

Geeyourhair wrote:

With Nuttha

Nuttha is one of the best face in Thai pageantry. She has joined MUT twice but end up of TOP44 in 2019 and TOP20 in 2020 same batch with Baitong. She has appointed as Miss Humanity Thailand 2021 for the upcoming Miss Humanity in Canada too. She is a flight attendant at Thai Lion Air in real life. She can speaks English, Chinese and Tagalog (she won a scholarship for study one year in Manila). Hope she join the MET 2022 but not sure about her age might cause the rules or not because she may turn 28 already. However, If she is the next MET I think she will be a great successor of Baitong and rock ME for sure.

bukita

Real Life Name/Nick: Bongo
Profession: Customer Service
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: gym, traveling, reading

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 am

The Duchess wrote:I will say that while I don't understand like 3 placements there and the exclusion of my candidate who is the most enviromentally-concious rep we have sent, I am very happy with the Top 8, Top 4 and eventual winner.

I really thought that the last spot for the America's belong to Puerto Rico. Carousel should have opted to include Colombia as the 21st semi-finalist since it was just a fan vote.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby Busyboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:16 am

The Duchess wrote:I will say that while I don't understand like 3 placements there and the exclusion of my candidate who is the most enviromentally-concious rep we have sent, I am very happy with the Top 8, Top 4 and eventual winner.

I personally understand you. As I have said while the final is ongoing, 2 slots for Africa is enough. Americas should have at least 5-6 slots, excluding the winner of the social media engagements. But I also understand MEO’s stand to distibute the semifinals evenly with the continents. I just hope that the winner of social media was made the 21st semifinalist to celebrate 21 years of ME.

Those who were included in the Americas are all strong and I think Puerto Rico could have been the 5th one.
THE BIG FOUR

M U - M W - M E - M I
Busyboy

Date of Birth: 31 May 1984
Profession: Hobbyist
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Travel/Trivia

Postby filipinoako28 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:22 am

This is the beauty of the Miss EARTH elemental court system. There really are girls who are targeting one of the elemental crowns either because they feel like it is the crown wherein they can carry the load of its duties (specially European girls. They are realists and objective in what they can or cannot deliver on) OR it has a deeper meaning for them.

It feels like from the very start, Netherlands wanted the fire crown. Maybe because it has a personal meaning for her. OR she stans the last two winners which were both European (ME Fire 2019 from Belarus & 2020 from Denmark)

I’m not sure if she was really being authentic (well I think she is. She seems like a no BS kind of girl) but post coronation interview, ME fire 2019 said that the fire element was her target crown which explains the color and design of her finals gown.

So I hope Carousel continues the tradition of giving activities to all the elemental queens as well. It is a very unique concept to Miss Earth.
filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby filipinoako28 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:22 am

Busyboy wrote:

I personally understand you. As I have said while the final is ongoing, 2 slots for Africa is enough. Americas should have at least 5-6 slots, excluding the winner of the social media engagements. But I also understand MEO’s stand to distibute the semifinals evenly with the continents. I just hope that the winner of social media was made the 21st semifinalist to celebrate 21 years of ME.

Those who were included in the Americas are all strong and I think Puerto Rico could have been the 5th one.

I can see where Carousel is coming from. You can look at it from the viewpoint of EQUITY instead of EQUALITY.

EQUALITY is very objective. Applied to Miss Earth, it’s whatever type of beauty or skin color you have, no matter the continent you came from, if you top the list after scoring high in Figure and Form, Beauty of Face & Poise, Environmental Awareness plus overall Personality, attitude, you get to place.

EQUITY however is EQUALITY PLUS SOCIAL JUSTICE. Too woke? Hear me out. EQUITY applied to Miss Earth is making sure that REPRESENTATION is made accessible to those who may not have access, in this case, to a dedicated team of mentors, enhancements (surgeries, dental work), pasarela training, stylists, topnotch wardrobe. It is bumping them upwards because if left to just putting everyone on equal footing, they will surely be left behind. How many times do we say that a girl placed:
1. Oh, she is not that beautiful but she has exemplary styling. Therefore, she made the cut
2. She may not have given the best Q&A performance but she was the best overall because she has a killer pasarela.

You may or you may not like it but I feel like this is the concept behind the increased number of slots for Africa (before it was pro rated but if they do that, there can only be about 1 to 2 slots. And consider this, amongst all the continents, Africa needs the most help in facing the Climate Crisis. The COLONIZERS pillaged and harassed their natural resources and now they are left with problems created by greed that didn’t even benefit them.

That was too long. Do I agree with the selection system? Not entirely. But I do get it.

filipinoako28

Date of Birth: 09 Mar 1983
Profession: Financial analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing the net

Postby quelab22 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:23 am

manoypoe wrote:

Bongga na nanaman ang top 4 ng Miss Earth grabe ang Ka DYOSAHAN lalo na si CHILE...
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales

Postby CamAngel123 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:47 am

filipinoako28 wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

I can see where Carousel is coming from. You can look at it from the viewpoint of EQUITY instead of EQUALITY.

EQUALITY is very objective. Applied to Miss Earth, it’s whatever type of beauty or skin color you have, no matter the continent you came from, if you top the list after scoring high in Figure and Form, Beauty of Face & Poise, Environmental Awareness plus overall Personality, attitude, you get to place.

EQUITY however is EQUALITY PLUS SOCIAL JUSTICE. Too woke? Hear me out. EQUITY applied to Miss Earth is making sure that REPRESENTATION is made accessible to those who may not have access, in this case, to a dedicated team of mentors, enhancements (surgeries, dental work), pasarela training, stylists, topnotch wardrobe. It is bumping them upwards because if left to just putting everyone on equal footing, they will surely be left behind. How many times do we say that a girl placed:
1. Oh, she is not that beautiful but she has exemplary styling. Therefore, she made the cut
2. She may not have given the best Q&A performance but she was the best overall because she has a killer pasarela.

You may or you may not like it but I feel like this is the concept behind the increased number of slots for Africa (before it was pro rated but if they do that, there can only be about 1 to 2 slots. And consider this, amongst all the continents, Africa needs the most help in facing the Climate Crisis. The COLONIZERS pillaged and harassed their natural resources and now they are left with problems created by greed that didn’t even benefit them.

That was too long. Do I agree with the selection system? Not entirely. But I do get it.

I understand all your opinions regarding this matter. I also agree with Busyboy that 2 slots would have been enough for Africa but I also understand Miss Earth's decision to do a continental selection system.

However, I think that the best way that we can be fair to all continents involved is to do a semi-continental selection system, wherein half of the semifinalists will come from the Top 10 best scorers, and the other 10 will be distributed in a weighted continental manner. This would have lessened the shock value.

I think it did work for this year because PR is the only one I could think of who they could have included as a semifinalist. If the semi-continental selection system was used, I doubt if Belgium, Indonesia, and Botswana would have placed.
"One small action multiplied by a million people can transform the world."
- Nguyễn Phương Khánh, Miss Earth 2018
CamAngel123

Date of Birth: 23 Mar 1998
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: sharing pageant updates

Postby allen_dog » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:29 am

CamAngel123 wrote:
filipinoako28 wrote:
Busyboy wrote:

I understand all your opinions regarding this matter. I also agree with Busyboy that 2 slots would have been enough for Africa but I also understand Miss Earth's decision to do a continental selection system.

However, I think that the best way that we can be fair to all continents involved is to do a semi-continental selection system, wherein half of the semifinalists will come from the Top 10 best scorers, and the other 10 will be distributed in a weighted continental manner. This would have lessened the shock value.

I think it did work for this year because PR is the only one I could think of who they could have included as a semifinalist. If the semi-continental selection system was used, I doubt if Belgium, Indonesia, and Botswana would have placed.

Guys I do believe that we all have the right to freedom of expression. However the only thing that we should do now is to accept and respect the decision of the judges, understand that the selection of the top20 is a "Management Prerogative" and move on and look forward to another year of Miss Earth. Let's just give and show our support to the reigning queens of 2021 and hoping that nextyear will no longer be virtual. :-* :-* :-*
allen_dog

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1986
Profession: dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: dancing, surfing

Postby Nand » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:45 am

Belize’s Destiny Wagner became Miss Earth 2021
WIC News

For the first-time in the history, Belizean beauty Destiny Wagner won the crown of Miss Earth 2021. The government of Belize appreciated Destiny Wagner and issued a statement. It’s not just the victory of Belize, it is the victory for Caribbean.

Govt of Belize stated, “Congratulations to our own Destiny Wagner who captured the crown in a historic win at Miss Earth 2021. Destiny, with grace, humility, beauty, intelligence and Belizean charm on full display, was chosen out of a field of over 80 contestants from around the world.”

“Hailing from Punta Gorda, Destiny is the first Belizean to win an international pageant of this magnitude. With pleasure and pride, we salute her and wish her every success as she moves on to represent the jewel on the world stage as Miss Earth 2021,” the Govt of Belize added.

Prime Minister John Briceno also congratulated Destiny Wagner and appreciated her participation and crating history for her country.

“My nation has never placed at this prestigious Miss Earth before, nor have we ever had a global crown, so right now, this is what we required, and I am happened to represent such a sumptuous nation. I am overwhelmed right now with emotions. The words and gratitude are tough to express, but I am thankful. I am grateful for the Miss Earth Organisation and pleased for my team as well,
” Destiny Wagner added.

One of Belize’s residents stated, winning the crown of Miss Earth 2021 by Destiny Wagner, “Awesome congratulations she made us proud of her and what stood out was being humble and intelligent. God bless her for being herself.”

“Wonderful! Congratulations to the young woman and to all of Belize. It surprises me that Belize has never captured more of these competitions that feature women’s beauty, charm and intelligence in which Belizean Women are so endowed,” another resident added.

Talking to the media, another resident stated, “Congratulations it’s time to show the world Belizean do have talent and not limited but tons of it. Limited resources (or none), or/and limited opportunities, definitely, but never limited capacity or talent to carry out dreams.”

Source: https://wicnews.com/caribbean/belizes-d ... 025839018/

Nand
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Postby Nand » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:48 am

A first victory for Belize – Miss Earth 2021, Destiny Wagner, congratulated by Government of Belize
Belize Breaking News

Posted: Sunday, November 21, 2021. 12:53 pm CST.

By Benjamin Flowers: On Sunday morning, the Government of Belize extended congratulations to Destiny Wagner, who made history by capturing the crown for the 2021 Miss Earth Pageant.

“Destiny, with grace, humility, beauty, intelligence, and Belizean charm on full display, was chosen out of a field of over 80 contestants from around the world,” GOB said. “Hailing from Punta Gorda, Destiny is the first Belizean to win an international pageant of this magnitude, and it is with pleasure and pride that we salute her, and wish her every success as she moves on to represent the jewel on the world stage as Miss Earth 2021.”

Following the announcement of her triumph, Destiny was crowned by her predecessor, 2020’s Miss Earth, Lindsey Coffey of the United States.

After winning the pageant Destiny said “My country has never placed at Miss Earth before nor have we ever had an international crown. So right now, this is what we needed and I am happy to represent such a gorgeous country. I am overwhelmed right now with emotions. The words and the gratitude, it’s very hard to express. But I am thankful. I am thankful for the Miss Earth Organization and thankful for my team as well”.

This year marked the 21st edition of the Miss Earth Pageant, and the second time that the pre-pageant activities and coronation night had be conducted virtually due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

Source: https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2021 ... of-belize/

Nand

Postby Nand » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 am

Destiny Wagner scripted history becoming first Belizean to be crowned as Miss Earth 2021

Belizean Destiny Wagner has brought laurels to the island and Caribbean region by being crowned as Miss Earth 2021 on Saturday night. Miss Earth pageant was conducted virtually amid the COVID-19 outbreak.

By Reporter - November 22, 20210163
Facebook Twitter Pinterest

Belizean Destiny Wagner has brought laurels to the island and Caribbean region by being crowned as Miss Earth 2021 on Saturday night. This time Miss Earth pageant was conducted virtually amid the COVID-19 outbreak, considering the safety of everyone.

With this, Wagner has scripted her name in history as she is the first one from the island to get such a title and the first Belizean representative to get a position at a Big 5 international beauty pageants, – Miss Universe, Miss International, Miss World & Miss Earth, since the year 1979.

Prime Minister Johnny Briceno, while congratulating Wagner, wrote on his Facebook post, “I congratulate Miss Destiny Wagner for her achievement and selection as Miss Earth 2021. We congratulate the Miss Earth Belize Organization”.

He added that this win of Wagner puts Belize in the spotlight for its continuous care and protection for the environment.

“Our recent representation at COP26 and our realization of the Blue Bond, and now this worldwide spotlight with Miss Destiny Wagner’s crowning is a true achievement for Belize. We have a mighty record to stand on and this bolsters our ability to influence the world’s commitment and action to environmental protection and climate change,” prime ministers’ post further noted.

While after being crowned as Miss Earth 2021 and expressing her happiness, Wagner stated, “My nation has never been placed at – “Miss Earth” before nor have we ever had an international crown – so right now, this is what we needed & I am happy to represent such a gorgeous country. I am overwhelmed right now with emotions. The words & the gratitude, it is very hard to express, but I am thankful. I am thankful for the – Miss Earth Organisation & thankful for my team as well,” Wagner cited.

Belizeans are feeling extremely proud of Wagner and are congratulating her for this achievement.

The additional titles which were given to other finalists are:

Miss Earth-Air, Marisa Butler from the – US
Miss Earth-Water, Romina Denecken from – Chile
and Miss Earth-Fire, Jareerat Petsom from – Thailand.

Source: https://writeups24.com/destiny-wagner-s ... arth-2021/

Nand

Postby manoypoe » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:37 am

manoypoe

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Earth