BE HONEST ABOUT CELESTE

Re: BE HONEST ABOUT CELESTE

Postby frederick » Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:55 am

There are some WTF placements, like Miss Canada, TnT, and Haiti. I'm sad celeste did not place.

frederick
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Net surfing/National Geographic, Sciences

Postby kurtij » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:25 am

TBH, MISS SPAIN IS MORE IMMERSED WITH THE FILIPINO CULTURE.
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby Declan » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:35 am

VERY BEAUTIFUL / GORGEOUS INDEED NO DOUBT

BUT:
- LACKS SUBSTANCE / EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- DOESNT HAVE THAT GREAT STORY TO TELL
- TOO MANY TATTOOS
- NOT FILIPINO ENOUGH (SPAIN IS MORE FILIPINO THAN HER)
Declan
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Jun 1984
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Bar owner
Hobbies/Interests: net surfing, Guiness beer

Postby beautywatchnyc » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:01 am

I simply don't understand. Why should mixed lineage Filipinas and their origins be disenfranchised in joining the annual search (who's winner would represent the country in international competitions?) As we speak, close to 11.5M Filipinos live, work, and have settled overseas. Many of this number established families with their foreign spouses in the host country of employment destination. This phenom has started since the early 70's and still increasing. You can imagine the expanse of mixed marriages and the total number of direct legit offspring that that has produced today.

These mixed daughters with Filipino blood in them are as "native" as their kababayans living in the native archipelago. They may not be able to speak the national language like a native does but growing up learn all about the culture and desirable values that only their travelled educated mom or dad from the Phil teaches them to imbibe and embrace. The Phil Constitution further defines and makes a clear definition who they are. Even the local pageant search criteria do not discriminate against them. In fact, if you look closely at the individual search criterion, the advantage is skewed more to these mixed girl's side.

So why cast aspersion on their eligibility to join when, thus far, no law (local or international) prohibits any of those qualified from joining or pursuing their aspiration to conquer the int'l stage? "Pure", "Native" Filipino is a complete anachronism. It must not exist in the language of pageants today. The world's borders started becoming porous since the earliest 19th century. Ethnic, indigenous to describe the make up of certain groups of peoples across the world is a complete misnomer. That ceased with the dawn of exploration and trade. What then is new?
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Ian Sebastin » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:56 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
I simply don't understand. Why should mixed lineage Filipinas and their origins be disenfranchised in joining the annual search (who's winner would represent the country in international competitions?) As we speak, close to 11.5M Filipinos live, work, and have settled overseas. Many of this number established families with their foreign spouses in the host country of employment destination. This phenom has started since the early 70's and still increasing. You can imagine the expanse of mixed marriages and the total number of direct legit offspring that that has produced today.

These mixed daughters with Filipino blood in them are as "native" as their kababayans living in the native archipelago. They may not be able to speak the national language like a native does but growing up learn all about the culture and desirable values that only their travelled educated mom or dad from the Phil teaches them to imbibe and embrace. The Phil Constitution further defines and makes a clear definition who they are. Even the local pageant search criteria do not discriminate against them. In fact, if you look closely at the individual search criterion, the advantage is skewed more to these mixed girl's side.

So why cast aspersion on their eligibility to join when, thus far, no law (local or international) prohibits any of those qualified from joining or pursuing their aspiration to conquer the int'l stage? "Pure", "Native" Filipino is a complete anachronism. It must not exist in the language of pageants today. The world's borders started becoming porous since the earliest 19th century. Ethnic, indigenous to describe the make up of certain groups of peoples across the world is a complete misnomer. That ceased with the dawn of exploration and trade. What then is new?

:-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@

AGENT OF BEAUTY
Ian Sebastin
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Profession: Insurance
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling and Beauty

Postby Supremo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:35 am

Ian Sebastin wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

:-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@ :-@

What? Can't form a decent rebuttal? Train of thought lacking enough?
Supremo
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Hex
Date of Birth: 14 May 1985
Profession: Analyst
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Game of Thrones

Postby Polla » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:14 pm

Well to be honest...
I am no pageant expert but I am a fan and a big supporter of Celeste when she won MUPH....
But as months passed by i was kinda skeptical if she can bring home the crown....
I saw it in her eyes. As if she was not the Celeste we saw on MUPH finals night.

I even said to my mom that she will not win...
My mom got angry at me because she too was a fan of Celeste, for her it was the opposite of what i felt, Celeste will win.

Come prelims I was praying that Celeste will give a stellar performance. I have this okayish feeling during her presentation in swimsuit round...In Eveing Gown My jaw drop when she came out because of her underwhelming gown thus solidifying my thoughts that she will not make it...
And when she came out wearing a Darna. I was in shock not because it was a cosplay thingy... But with that sun and star thing behind her that doesnt compliment the darna...

My mother this time said that she will not make it and her gown was chaka...

My mom and I were upset because mahal namin si celeste pero sinayang siya ni Jonas et al... :%(( :%(( :%((
Experiment pa more Galema.. =/ =/ =/
Confidently beautiful with a heart
Polla

Real Life Name/Nick: james
Profession: singer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: singing, composing songs

Postby bloomfield » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:48 am

frederick wrote:There are some WTF placements, like Miss Canada, TnT, and Haiti. I'm sad celeste did not place.

Oh I definitely agree with you ........ I partly blamed WENDY for including her fellow fugly woman in the semis !!! EEEewwwwww !!! And that miss Canada that looks like MIU MIU eewwwww !!! Haiti also should have not included there !!!! On the other side of the fence, I also partly blamed Celeste for NOT giving the best of what she can do in the prelims, I heard that she was reserving her energy for the finals, THAT IF SHE PENETRATES THE SEMIS !!! But unfortunately she did not, she should've showcased her skills on stage .... NEXT time, tell all future pinay queens and their mentors/trainers to give all the best they can in the prelims, because you never know if they make it to the semis ..... CELESTE broke the philippines' streak, It's a wake up call really !!!!
bloomfield

Real Life Name/Nick: ton
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1985
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: pt
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: tennis, movies,driving

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:41 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:

Agree...

Gloria is a Diaz which is a Spanish lineage.

Margie is a Moran which is an Irish lineage.

Pia is a Wurtzbach which is a German lineage.

Catriona is a Gray which is an Australian lineage.

So tell me, is having a mix blood an advantage or disadvantage.? [-X

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:49 am

Virginia Dalisay wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Agree...

TBH, I can't think of any valid reason why it is a disadvantage for Filipinos and the country.

On the other hand, a slew of those who hate and are cowed by rotten insecurities know the official records too well, the stats will bear that for everyone else to see. Fact:- ambitious Filipinas with the winning attitude and personality who spent years living and studying abroad are at a major advantage. Why? Becoz these Filipinas share an internationalist purview of things and are able to articulate their thoughts with relative ease confidence. Compared to those those who have never left the islands nor set foot on foreign soil, Filipinas residing abroad are often more cosmopolitan owing the ease of travel and actual immersion with cultural imperatives outside of their own household.

I can cite a litany of more reasons with no qualifications nor justification required.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:10 am

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby lingintexas » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:57 pm

bloomfield wrote:
frederick wrote:There are some WTF placements, like Miss Canada, TnT, and Haiti. I'm sad celeste did not place.

Oh I definitely agree with you ........ I partly blamed WENDY for including her fellow fugly woman in the semis !!! EEEewwwwww !!! And that miss Canada that looks like MIU MIU eewwwww !!! Haiti also should have not included there !!!! On the other side of the fence, I also partly blamed Celeste for NOT giving the best of what she can do in the prelims, I heard that she was reserving her energy for the finals, THAT IF SHE PENETRATES THE SEMIS !!! But unfortunately she did not, she should've showcased her skills on stage .... NEXT time, tell all future pinay queens and their mentors/trainers to give all the best they can in the prelims, because you never know if they make it to the semis ..... CELESTE broke the philippines' streak, It's a wake up call really !!!!

Hmmmm lol bitter melon, it`s probable behavior like this why she did not place. Nasty fandom mentality. One judge can`t get a contestant in the semis. Sorry y the rest of us had to deal with some of your mediocre reps placing when they should not of. Karma be a bitch
Last edited by lingintexas on Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby Polla » Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:33 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Virginia Dalisay wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:

Agree...

TBH, I can't think of any valid reason why it is a disadvantage for Filipinos and the country.

On the other hand, a slew of those who hate and are cowed by rotten insecurities know the official records too well, the stats will bear that for everyone else to see. Fact:- ambitious Filipinas with the winning attitude and personality who spent years living and studying abroad are at a major advantage. Why? Becoz these Filipinas share an internationalist purview of things and are able to articulate their thoughts with relative ease confidence. Compared to those those who have never left the islands nor set foot on foreign soil, Filipinas residing abroad are often more cosmopolitan owing the ease of travel and actual immersion with cultural imperatives outside of their own household.

I can cite a litany of more reasons with no qualifications nor justification required.

Scottish po yata ang papa ni Catriona nag migrate lang sa Australia dahil sa job opportunity
Confidently beautiful with a heart
Polla

Real Life Name/Nick: james
Profession: singer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: singing, composing songs

Postby slappahyoface » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:17 am

She got too comfortable coasting on just "good".
And she felt the pull of her country would carry her into the semi-finals.
Her swimsuit performance was just "good". Her evening gown was just "good". And I bet her interview was just "good".
But to be a Miss Universe, you need to be flawlessly and compellingly charismatic.
Good will not cut it. The whole "know when to peak" was bad advice to begin with. And whoever came up with it needs a backhanded slap for good measure.

Her swimsuit performance at nationals was way better than what she put out at Miss Universe.
Her evening gown was such a safe design that there was nothing at all that stood out as the gown a Miss Universe would select for herself. (light blue that bordered on silver? YAWN)
And she didn't really endear herself to her followers- she wasn't personable. And she kept going on about "being her most authentic self" but she never really demonstrates in words nor in actions how is she proving to us that she is those things?

Spain's Alicia had a similar message and campaign throughout her Miss Universe journey about being true to herself and self love, but she did it in a way that she was so impassioned with what she spoke of and told her experiences. What I could see of Celeste was she just going through her training and just going through the motions.

I had Philippines in my Top 16 because I really wanted her to place. She was just "good".
But I wanted her to be excellent.

slappahyoface
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: cary
Date of Birth: 08 Nov 1989
Profession: Forum Lurker
Hobbies/Interests: Side-eyeing the lot of you...
Message: "A lot of you are all dumb shits, sorry I'm not sorry for pointing it out."

Previous

Return to Miss Universe