ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // NORTH CAROLINA IS MISS USA 2022

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // R'BONNEY FOR TX + CO TOMORROW

Postby firerprince » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:45 am

cindy_kato wrote:
kurtij wrote:OH.
BOTH NEW MISS TEXAS (to Miss America) AND MISS TEXAS USA ARE OF FILIPINA DESCENT.
:-O :-O :-O

WELL, TEXAS WAS ONCE CALLED THE NEW PHILIPPINES.

Imagine calling Texas that now, that'll be such an insult.

firerprince
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Real Life Name/Nick: JC
Date of Birth: 05 Mar 1997
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Pageant Lurker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry?

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:24 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
BOTH NEW MISS TEXAS (to Miss America) AND MISS TEXAS USA ARE OF FILIPINA DESCENT.

That was a first in Texan pageant history?

I don't believe there's ever been an Asian-American in general who has won Miss Texas or Miss Texas USA until now.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby Dibss » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:25 am

firerprince wrote:
cindy_kato wrote:

And I oop--

Bestie, don't say that. We are entering the GOLDEN ERA now, right?... right?
Dibss
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Dale
Date of Birth: 19 Dec 1993
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: sleeping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:15 pm

This was Maelia's last chance before she aged out I can't believe she clapped.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby firerprince » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:18 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:This was Maelia's last chance before she aged out I can't believe she clapped.

I actually thought she'll win. This was horrible.
She should've tried Paraguay as she plans it anyway.
firerprince

Postby chorr » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:42 pm

firerprince wrote:
cindy_kato wrote:

Well with the way the people think in both places, maybe they wont know the difference. =;)) :O) :O) :#)]

Anyway congrats to Miss Texas. I want to see all the girls lumped together before I thoroughly follow this pageant. Do we have a date of the finals night?

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:42 pm

chorr wrote:
firerprince wrote:
cindy_kato wrote:

Well with the way the people think in both places, maybe they wont know the difference. =;)) :O) :O) :#)]

Anyway congrats to Miss Texas. I want to see all the girls lumped together before I thoroughly follow this pageant. Do we have a date of the finals night?

Not yet. There are some rumors going around that are unconfirmed, but we have yet to get an official announcement.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:This was Maelia's last chance before she aged out I can't believe she clapped.

I'm still so upset about this. Like, I'm thrilled with the winner, but Maelia absolutely deserved to place. Like yeah, maybe she failed to impress at prelims, but some of those actual finalists were pretty weak performers.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:50 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

I'm still so upset about this. Like, I'm thrilled with the winner, but Maelia absolutely deserved to place. Like yeah, maybe she failed to impress at prelims, but some of those actual finalists were pretty weak performers.

Yeah it'd be one thing if this was a bloodbath but it really wasn't. There were only 5 or so semifinalists that I thought were crown-worthy, I have no idea how Maelia clapped while 75% of those semifinalists placed.
Queen of the Clouds

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // R'BONNEY FOR TX + CO TONIGHT

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:15 pm

Interestingly, the Miss USA bimonthly newsletters for directors have been accessible for quite some time. The July 1 newsletter has a big section on judging criteria, and although some of it is kind of obvious, I think it does provide some insight as to what the Crystle era is looking for, and what the selection committee will be instructed to look for.

https://missusa.com/directors-portal/ju ... ewsletter/
itsrowdy801

Postby missfinlandia » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:19 pm

I'm so glad Texas didn't f* up their choice! R'Bonney is gorgeous and looks like a Miss USA already. As of now she's the strongest candidate imho. :hx
missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:26 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:Interestingly, the Miss USA bimonthly newsletters for directors have been accessible for quite some time. The July 1 newsletter has a big section on judging criteria, and although some of it is kind of obvious, I think it does provide some insight as to what the Crystle era is looking for, and what the selection committee will be instructed to look for.

The newsletter says it'll be on FYI again =O/ =O/ =O/
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:41 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:Interestingly, the Miss USA bimonthly newsletters for directors have been accessible for quite some time. The July 1 newsletter has a big section on judging criteria, and although some of it is kind of obvious, I think it does provide some insight as to what the Crystle era is looking for, and what the selection committee will be instructed to look for.

We did kinda already know that due to Reno's refusal to provide the requested funds because of that fact, but it still sucks to hear. I'll at least enjoy getting to watch it live on the west coast but I really want to see Miss USA on a major network again.

In terms of the judging criteria....this is interesting to me. Not as much as an emphasis on career & technical abilities as I would like in the judging parameters, but honestly Miss USA hit it so far out of the park with choosing Elle that I have a lot of faith in Crystle's methods.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:21 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

We did kinda already know that due to Reno's refusal to provide the requested funds because of that fact, but it still sucks to hear. I'll at least enjoy getting to watch it live on the west coast but I really want to see Miss USA on a major network again.

In terms of the judging criteria....this is interesting to me. Not as much as an emphasis on career & technical abilities as I would like in the judging parameters, but honestly Miss USA hit it so far out of the park with choosing Elle that I have a lot of faith in Crystle's methods.

This may be a ~controversial opinion~, but I think IMG crowned some of the worst Miss USAs in history so I am glad to see us *officially* moving away from what they were looking for. Now don't get me wrong, I like Deshauna, Sarah Rose, and Cheslie (Kara and Asya, not so much), but when each of them competed at Miss Universe it felt almost embarrassing because it was so clear that what IMG was looking for in a Miss USA was not what most of the other countries were looking for in their titleholders. It'd be one thing if Miss USA or a girl similar to her was winning Miss Universe every year, but that wasn't what was happening, and almost every year Miss USA looked out of place next to the frontrunners in her year. All these girls IMG was crowning (well... most) were good Miss USAs, but they were never going to be Miss Universe when they were up against Filipinas, Latinas, Frenchwomen, Thai women, etc.

I think it's clear that IMG was never looking for an American Miss Universe while choosing their Miss USA, but Crystle really is, and so I'm glad to see less of a focus on education and career and more of a focus on actual beauty and traditional technical abilities since this is still above all a beauty pageant and despite the changes to Miss USA under IMG, it is beauty, charisma, and technical skills that have continuously been winning Miss Universe crowns in the IMG era, not schooling or careers. Could we even name the schooling/careers of each of our recent Miss Universe winners like we can Miss USA winners?

I still think that a Miss USA should of course be well-spoken, intelligent, worldly, and all of that, but I'm glad to move away from elite university-educated lawyers and entrepreneurs and soldiers and "scientists" and whatnot stealing spots (and crowns!) from beautiful, intelligent, and confident women who may have just decided to pursue a career as a model or not go to college for whatever reason – let's also remember how university education in the US is unfortunately a privilege that not everyone can afford, ESPECIALLY elite university education. As somebody who is "well-educated" with an "impressive career," what that has taught me is that my résumé makes me no better nor more capable than someone else who chose a different path, and I know people who went to law school with me or have worked in legal settings with me that lack so much common sense and self-awareness, and would be an awful representative no matter how intelligent or well-spoken they may be.

So yeah, reading the judging criteria laid out in that newsletter was actually a pleasant discovery for me since it seems like we may finally be going back towards where we send frontrunners to Miss Universe year after year, which we have not done since IMG took over Miss USA in 2016.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:38 pm

itsrowdy801 wrote:

This may be a ~controversial opinion~, but I think IMG crowned some of the worst Miss USAs in history so I am glad to see us *officially* moving away from what they were looking for. Now don't get me wrong, I like Deshauna, Sarah Rose, and Cheslie (Kara and Asya, not so much), but when each of them competed at Miss Universe it felt almost embarrassing because it was so clear that what IMG was looking for in a Miss USA was not what most of the other countries were looking for in their titleholders. It'd be one thing if Miss USA or a girl similar to her was winning Miss Universe every year, but that wasn't what was happening, and almost every year Miss USA looked out of place next to the frontrunners in her year. All these girls IMG was crowning (well... most) were good Miss USAs, but they were never going to be Miss Universe when they were up against Filipinas, Latinas, Frenchwomen, Thai women, etc.

I think it's clear that IMG was never looking for an American Miss Universe while choosing their Miss USA, but Crystle really is, and so I'm glad to see less of a focus on education and career and more of a focus on actual beauty and traditional technical abilities since this is still above all a beauty pageant and despite the changes to Miss USA under IMG, it is beauty, charisma, and technical skills that have continuously been winning Miss Universe crowns in the IMG era, not schooling or careers. Could we even name the schooling/careers of each of our recent Miss Universe winners like we can Miss USA winners?

I still think that a Miss USA should of course be well-spoken, intelligent, worldly, and all of that, but I'm glad to move away from elite university-educated lawyers and entrepreneurs and soldiers and "scientists" and whatnot stealing spots (and crowns!) from beautiful, intelligent, and confident women who may have just decided to pursue a career as a model or not go to college for whatever reason – let's also remember how university education in the US is unfortunately a privilege that not everyone can afford, ESPECIALLY elite university education. As somebody who is "well-educated" with an "impressive career," what that has taught me is that my résumé makes me no better nor more capable than someone else who chose a different path, and I know people who went to law school with me or have worked in legal settings with me that lack so much common sense and self-awareness, and would be an awful representative no matter how intelligent or well-spoken they may be.

So yeah, reading the judging criteria laid out in that newsletter was actually a pleasant discovery for me since it seems like we may finally be going back towards where we send frontrunners to Miss Universe year after year, which we have not done since IMG took over Miss USA in 2016.

Yeah I think this makes a lot of sense. I think they do need to think about a) who will be the most competitive at Universe, and b) who would be thee best Miss USA, because those are often different. I think it's an important balance to strike. I also don't necessarily think career should be everything, but I do think it's a factor, as it gives our titleholders more broad appeal and gives the general populace something to look up to. Obvs, pageant fans are going to look up to Miss USA regardless, but I think there's a lot to be said about other people looking at Miss USA and be like, "wow, she's a lawyer/scientist/engineer etc, she went to this school, that's really impressive". I feel like it helps erase some of the negative stereotypes the American public often hold about pageants seeing women with such impressive credentials compete in & win pageants.

At the end of the day, it's not everything, I want the person who will be the best Miss USA across the board. But having an impressive career & education has always been a factor in my lists, and partially the reason why Nebraska is my winner right now. I think that Natalie is just fabulous across the board, but her career is what really gives her that final boost to the top for me.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm

I'm bored and procrastinating so I tuned into Colorado despite my better judgment. I missed the semifinalists but here's top five:

Cimarron Hills – Tiana Cooks
Colorado Springs – Alexis Glover
Lafayette – Makenna Turner
Frederick – Ariana Lemus
Fountain – Serin Dunn

Based on appearance alone, I think Frederick is the best bet.

Also the Colorado Teen top five is really strong. They're all gorgeous and all but one was a great speaker.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:59 pm

Cimarron Hills:
"Describe to us your worst habit, and what you should do to break that habit."
• She said her worst habit is saying yes to everything, and talked about how active she is in her community, although it can lead her to taking on too much. It was an effective answer to turn this dull question into a way to brag about your credentials. She's cute.

Colorado Springs:
"What is your most prized possession?"
• She said it's her little brother (is a human a possession...?). He was born after her mother had several stillbirths and miscarriages, and her little brother is her best friend. He's 5 years old. It was cute but nothing more than that imo.

Lafayette:
"What is the best gift that you can give someone?"
• She said she loves making gifts for friends and the best gift is something someone spent time creating. The question was dull but she is cute. She also mentioned she's a computer science major and kind of has a dorky voice which is cute since she physically gives off very different vibes than that.

Frederick:
"What role has social media played in your life, and what are some ideas about how you could use it to inspire other women?"
• She said she took a break from social media during the pageant and that she is proud to be standing here as a confident woman and youth mentor. Mentions social media is a balance and we can use it for positive things but need to stop when we're in a negative mindset. I don't know if she really answered the question well.

Fountain:
"If you could be invisible for one day, would you want to do it, and if so, what would you do?"
• She said she would do it and she would go around to take leftover food and give it to the homeless. Mentioned her time as a waitress and noticing how much food is leftover at the end of the day. I think she turned a dull question into a good answer about her advocacy.

Overall these questions were bad but some were able to use them very effectively. I think Frederick is the most physically beautiful but also probably gave the weakest answer. I'd say crown Lafayette or Fountain.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 pm

I forgot how Future Productions does this "reading the most emotional letter written by a parent to one of the contestants during the letter-writing activity" and they make the parent and daughter stand on stage together crying as the hosts cry as well. It's moments like this when I realize how Estonian me and my family are because this makes me so uncomfortable and I am thankful my family would never in a million years do anything like this lmao.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:39 pm

MISS COLORADO USA 2022 IS ALEXIS GLOVER

This was Alexis's second time competing in Miss Colorado USA. She previously was the 1RU in 2021, and was also crowned Miss Colorado Teen USA 2017. She is a native of Colorado Springs and works as a real estate agent.

Full results:
Miss Colorado USA 2022: Alexis Glover
1RU: Ariana Lemus
2RU: Tiana Cooks
3RU: Serin Dunn
4RU: Makenna Turner

I don't have the semifinalists.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:42 pm

Whatever choice for Colorado, but I wasn't expecting much. Alexis was the most blah of the top five imo, which is pretty disappointing. I thought she gave a pretty blah answer and she didn't stand out physically either, but of course being both the returning 1RU and a former Teen titleholder should have made it clear she was the frontrunner. I don't think she'll do much damage at Miss USA.

But Colorado Teen is a STUNNER. Gorgeous girl who is a great speaker and has quite the story too. She touched on it in her final answer but she mentioned being raised by drug addicted parents and working her way into becoming an international model. I would LOVE for her to cross over into Miss in a few years.

Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:48 pm

Queen of the Clouds wrote:Whatever choice for Colorado, but I wasn't expecting much. Alexis was the most blah of the top five imo, which is pretty disappointing. I thought she gave a pretty blah answer and she didn't stand out physically either, but of course being both the returning 1RU and a former Teen titleholder should have made it clear she was the frontrunner. I don't think she'll do much damage at Miss USA.

But Colorado Teen is a STUNNER. Gorgeous girl who is a great speaker and has quite the story too. She touched on it in her final answer but she mentioned being raised by drug addicted parents and working her way into becoming an international model. I would LOVE for her to cross over into Miss in a few years.

OMG I'm over the moon for Colorado Teen. As usual, I haven't really been playing that close attention to the Teens this year, but I think she might be my favorite for Miss Teen USA.
itsrowdy801

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // R'BONNEY FOR TX + ALEXIS G. FOR

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:14 am

More Delaware love from me :hx

Queen of the Clouds

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:30 am

I'm trying to go through and prep the contestant profiles so that once we get the headshots I can post all of them, but I'm stuck on Nevada because I cannot find anything about her. No school, no job, normally I can just default to "professional model" but it doesn't seem like she's that either. I have no idea what this girl does.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:30 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:I'm trying to go through and prep the contestant profiles so that once we get the headshots I can post all of them, but I'm stuck on Nevada because I cannot find anything about her. No school, no job, normally I can just default to "professional model" but it doesn't seem like she's that either. I have no idea what this girl does.

That's really my biggest problem with her. I know absolutely nothing about her other than her former Miss WA Teen USA experience and the fact that she's Stormy's sister. She's still on my list because I love love love her, but she really needs to step it up, work on her branding, and allow the fans to get to know her.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:35 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
Queen of the Clouds wrote:I'm trying to go through and prep the contestant profiles so that once we get the headshots I can post all of them, but I'm stuck on Nevada because I cannot find anything about her. No school, no job, normally I can just default to "professional model" but it doesn't seem like she's that either. I have no idea what this girl does.

That's really my biggest problem with her. I know absolutely nothing about her other than her former Miss WA Teen USA experience and the fact that she's Stormy's sister. She's still on my list because I love love love her, but she really needs to step it up, work on her branding, and allow the fans to get to know her.

Yeah definitely. I'm almost done, and she is the only contestant where I have virtually no information on her. She also has no discernable connection to Nevada, her Facebook still says she lives in Washington.

But some good news, I discovered Suzanne's connection to New Mexico. She seems to originally be from California but is a graduate student at Eastern New Mexico University.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby firerprince » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:20 am

Class of 2022 is now complete :hx

Here are my faves in order:

1. Texas
2. Kansas
3. Tennessee
4. Nebraska
5. Maryland

So hard to push a list more than 5 :%))
firerprince

Postby yellowyam1 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:28 am

Delaware, Texas, Kentucky I’ll be happy with anyone of theses girls
yellowyam1

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby itsrowdy801 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:55 am

It's official, I'm an Alabama stan

also that cover-up she's wearing is to. die. for.
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:52 am

At this point, my top five is probably:

1. Delaware
2. Texas
3. Nebraska
4. Mississippi
5. Alabama

I'm prepared to drop Alabama off of this list if she turns up at prelims and has not improved her walk. I still think this batch is fairly uninteresting overall, but we have the potential to have a great Miss Universe representative should we crown the right girl. Judging by Crystle's success with Elle, I think one of the right girls will end up winning too.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby kurtij » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:23 pm

COLORADO DOESN'T REALLY CHANGE THE GAME.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe