THE DUCHESS REVIEWS | SOUTH AFRICA

All TOP QUALITY threads of Missosology

THE DUCHESS REVIEWS | SOUTH AFRICA

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:21 am

HELLO again my fellow missosologists, we gather once more to talk about another candidate from the Miss Universe 2018 edition. Last time we went to the Americas to talk about the beautiful Miss Costa Rica, Natalia Carvajal, and from what I can tell it went well. So now lets go to the next continent, the beautiful Africa to talk about the freshness that is Tamaryn Green from South Africa. I wanted to do Europe first but between France’s small indecision and the fact that Malta was just crowned, I decided to take on South Africa. Now I decided to do a frontrunner next because I figured it would be a nice changed after an underrated candidate. I have seen requests for like 5 or 6 girls and I will keep them in mind trust me, but for now I will be focusing on putting the girls I find should gain entry in that Top 15. The only ones I know for sure will be there are (and this is not necessarily an order of publication): Costa Rica, USA, South Africa, Malta, Philippines, Australia, Ecuador and depending on the representative France and Russia. Those are the ones I will really like to get out there, hopefully I will be about to. About the Pocahontas…. There’s just too many, I have to sit down and pick one or two to talk about hahaha sorry. I see some request from girls like Albania and Thailand but in the former’s case I just don’t see her doing the necessary 180 and the latter hasn’t impressed me at all. No shade, just facts. I am still waiting for countries like Ukraine (always a favorite), Colombia and Puerto Rico to see if they will be featured here. Regardless thank you for your attention and and if you wanna check out the other thread, here it is:

COSTA RICA
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1527010

Now for this sequel we will be talking about Tamaryn who to me is such an enticing candidate. She looks to me like this girl whose personality and fresh beauty could take her very far, I feel it. I think she was a great successor to Demi even though I think I had her for Miss World, I can see now why she won. Now I contacted the Miss South Africa organization to get to know her more in terms of background and advocacy but their answer was:

“Good Day, ________ (my name)
Yes, Tamaryn does. We will release these details when we get clearance from the organization.

Warm Regard,
Miss SA Social Team”

And to be honest since there’s no official date in that message it could take anything from a couple weeks to months. So I rather go with the information I know and take the advocacy from my pre-arrival review. Regardless, I think that she is so strong in all the other aspects that discussing her advocacy may not even be that necessary here. If any of you have that information I would gladly update this thread as soon as possible. But without further ado I will be going through the mechanics of this once again so we are clear and then go into further detail in the individual sections. Also, I hope you enjoy this installment and that my series is not a one hit wonder hahahahaha. Also I wanna thank the great wishes and comments I got in my first thread, you guys were very helpful. So, for the mechanics.

At the beginning I will be choosing a girl from each region to talk about and discuss. Regions are: Americas,Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and/or Wildcards.

Each girl will be given an element or item that I believe it’s the element they should model themselves after or try to emulate ex. Gold, Water, Flowers ect.

The girls will be evaluated in Facial Beauty, Body, Styling, Comm Skills, Backstory (to an extent) and how they are doing as of now.

After my evaluation, I will try to go in depth to talk about each area mentioned above and mention pros and cons. Most importantly, how I would fix it.

DISCLAIMERS:
This series of observations are not meant to be a read or an insult against a country and/or contestants, many of you know this about my person.
I will not, I repeat, I WILL NOT be answering to disrespectful comments against a country and/or candidate. If you cannot respect women and/or have a personal vendetta against a queen or country take it to a threat meant for that. This is a serious thread.
I encourage discussions of contestants in the comments and will partake in them if we follow the above disclaimer.

Everything clear? Okay, Let’s Go.

Tamaryn Green is the representative for the exotic South Africa in this edition of the Miss Universe pageant. Now, she has been mentioned a couple times during these past couple of days but to be honest I don’t think anyone has truly spoken about her in depth. So I decided to make this second one about her because she has grown on me intensively over the months. She has a good age at 24 (soon to be 25) which we know IMG does not mind for their queens have been 26, 24 and 22; I think they are looking for more matured women. Whether that is in age, mind or both. I think gone are the days in which countries refused to crown older women because they only wanted to crown 17-22 year olds. And I’m kinda glad for that. Now she also has very good height standing at a whooping 5’11” which makes her look very elegant too so I’m sure that’ll help. Now this is her first pageant (besides the national obviously) so I am very surprised of how good this girl is already. She, like any other queens, needs some fine tuning yet for a pageant newbie I would say many of you should keep your eyes open. For her element I chose GOLD because to me it describes her perfectly, elegant yet edgy and strong while there’s also a certain delicacy.

For those who do not know Tamaryn is a final medical student in the University of Cape Town, like Miss USA 2018. So this girl is just not a pretty face but also an educated woman which is something that seems very attractive to IMG. She is of Cape Coloured origin like around 5 other Miss SA in the 00’s and 10’s which from what I read could serve as an interesting topic for discussion of her. Now the only platforms I have noticed (we have to wait for the announcements) are affairs involving the youth and women. We shall wait for the official announcement to see if there’s specific organizations and a more specific list of advocacies.

Now the next part I would like to talk about briefly is what I believe, and how to fix, her Strengths & Weaknesses are. Now I will name them along with the areas to watch because sometimes in this review they will intertwine as they go together. Now as you can see the only things I feel could keep her from actually getting that Top 15 spot is Catwalk/Performance and her Body. That last one is where the areas of Overproduction and Styling will come to play, hence will intertwined in this review. For her strengths there’s actually a lot but the ones that I will talk about will be her Communication Skills, Edginess, Personality & Facial Value . Facial Value will also intertwined with her weakness/areas to watch ergo it will go last.

Tamaryn is actually such a silent killer in this department that I actually feel bad for those who do not see this. This is a woman who speaks so naturally and in a relatable way that it entices people so easily. When she opens her mouth she doesn’t seem rehearsed or coached, you can tell what comes out of her is from a place of honesty. That to me is very important because when she speaks of the causes that matter to her she expresses it with such excitement and importance it’s contagious. And this is not coming from a TV host, a seasoned queen nor a person that is supposed to be better at it, this is coming from a model going after her big first pageant. Just imagine how well she could sound with even more polishing, she will create so many waves. She kind of reminds me of Dayanara Torres, that sort of diamond in the rough feeling in the personality area. And we all know how she made everyone fall in love with her in and out of the stage. She answers every question she is given in a very honest girl next door-ish way which makes her perfect for interviews. I even see her make a couple of mistakes while talking and that is actually something very human and natural that sometimes gets lost in pageant girls. One of the things that I loved from Zuleyka’s final question was how she got so carried away that the translator was like “hold on” and she caught herself and smiled. That is a very human thing. IMG and MUO are not, I don’t even think they ever did, looking for a perfect woman that speaks perfectly. I mentioned this the last time, imperfection is attractive especially now. If you sleep on this girl thinking this pageant is written is stone, I think you need to take a look back at plenty of Miss Universe winners. That is all

[youtube]X0deRXslXng[/youtube]

[youtube]BkT1o-UjLyg[/youtube]

[youtube]vuZYZHYDN58[/youtube]

[youtube]wU_yO6nOxMM[/youtube]

I do want to talk a little bit about both her personality and catwalk which go along with how she projects herself in and out the stage. The reality is that through the interviews posted above along with her social media platforms you can totally see how that personality can be dangerous to the rest of the candidates. She looks like a girl that you would love to meet, a girl that has a good yet not overwhelming personality. And she projects that in the stage and her interviews too which will be extremely helpful in the competition on December. It will make judges like her, the public like her and could get her closer to the crown. That is her plus, the aura that she projects to the world when she is approached. Now her catwalk and performance to me where solid to win Miss SA but not strong enough to win Miss Universe. We are coming from a 2017 edition that had stunning walks and attitude as well as herself being surrounded by 2018 fellow competitors with big personalities. She needs to make her presence known and she needs to perform perform perform from beginning to end. If she can get sassier in that walk and have a tad more presence that personality could bulldoze many favorites.

[youtube]XuruNtevY9k[/youtube]

Now this is I think personally her biggest enemy which probably is not even that big of an enemy in general. I do have to be honest and admit Demi’s body was far from my favorite in the pageant. I don’t know if it was because she looked too short in some areas or perhaps her proportions were a bit off, I’m not sure. Yet she won. I actually like Green’s body a bit better, perhaps because it’s more elongated ergo it gives her a bit more height which is great for someone looking to get the approval of MUO but also IMG. Now to break down her body proportions we will speak again [b]respectfully about this woman and I ask that you do the same. Now from top tomorrow she has small chest and small hips, the problem is not that part, women don’t necessarily need huge breast or hips. The thing that truly messes that more petite frame is the fact that her waist is not a small one, it’s barely there. And that to me messes up a bit her body. Problem is that sometimes they keep putting her in outfits for a woman with more breasts. I think this won’t matter much in Thailand as long as she is styled appropriately for her shape and also because I think IMG/MUO actually helps the girls a lot with styling. One of the things I like from how they style the contestants for the swimsuit competition is that they put them in the swimwear that looks the best. To me, that’s great although they still need to work in at least picking just a couple styles and colors so there’s some cohesiveness. So her shape could be helped plenty by wearing the right swimwear, to me it should be a slimmer bottom and a top that doesn’t require her to have Pia’s chest. Perhaps one that does the same effect as a sports bra but perhaps less coverage.

Now in my reviews there will be a couple more girls that will have this waist problem, like Philippines and USA. But the difference is Catriona had more hips and added more chest to balance out the waist issue, I personally don’t think Tamaryn should have breast implants. We will talk about USA later. To me she is too tiny there and the hips will still be small, but not to fear really. I think she should take what she has, go for it and figure out what works for that body. But I think that the fact that there’s so few things I would pick as weaknesses for this girl should tell you how strong she actually is. And as long as she has the right styling to go with a petite body (more on that further down) it may not even be a huge problem.

Now for her facial value, and this is the part in which we are going to be touching the styling/areas to watch department slightly again. I actually have one problem with her face and that is her under eye area which sometimes look baggie at times. I actually truly don’t know if you fix that or how but in the case it can be changed is honestly not that big a deal. Now I do think Tamaryn has very good symmetry (yes I am aware of the spelling in the graphic) from both sides of her face, which is a plus to me. I have seen both her candids and professional pictures to confirm this, even tho like Natalia she takes plenty of pictures bobbing her head. To me her features are very harmonious too which will help her achieve more face value with less makeup. Her skin is actually ridiculously fresh looking and smooth, which I think is one of her main focuses when doing her makeup. Her beauty is also fresh, very youthful yet the right kind of youthful which will do wonders for her in Miss Universe. This mean that she literally does not need overproduction, if you do that I can assure you right now it will ruin her chances. If you put too much makeup on this girl, an overdone gown or a super elaborated hair will only make her look atrocious. So I hope that anyone who is working with her understands the very clear aesthetic of this girl and that they don’t force her to change herself. Now I understand some organizations are more dictatorship-ish than other so who knows, but Miss SA thankfully doesn’t give me that vibe. But let’s begin.

Tamaryn can achieve the qualities of her element just by continuing with like 80% of what she already, just a few tweaks here and there. A bit of editing perhaps. Keywords: Fresh and Balanced. To me this girl is almost the perfect canvas for someone who is not afraid to try more risky things on her and experiment which is great to me. It will allow her to map out all the things that work and those who bring down her face value ect. The versatility that this shows will always be well received specially by a modeling agency which thrives in the versatility of their models.

Let’s talk Haircolors: Don’t even try it. No.

As for hairstyles uf, I truly love this girl’s hair and how they style it! I also like the fact that she shows us different hairstyles constantly in her social media at the same time that she shows us her signature look. It provides us with many looks that show her versatility and what looks best on her. Personally I love her straight hair but I don’t like when people have the broke down the middle look, it still looks good on her but I’d rather she would divide the hair more to one side than the other. For buns I think a very well made upper bun that won’t look like it will drag her down is acceptable too. Now for waves and I have to say she does not use them enough, they look so absolutely good on her. BUT, I have noticed that waves parted in the middle with the usual straighter top and wavy ends (first picture below ), it sometimes drag her down. To me she should use a very natural looking full wavy hair sometimes (second picture below) with a beautiful red color. I wouldn’t actually mind if I see her on the final night with a nice pearly looking gown and that hair and red lipstick.

Makeup is something that I think this girl actually doesn’t need much help with because from what I can see 90% of her looks follow the makeup rules. There’s a point of focus, there’s balance in the face and most importantly it is done with actual skill. I noticed she goes for 3 looks usually:

* The “no makeup” look in which the emphasis is her skin.
* The “minimal makeup” look in which the emphasis is her lips (usually red)
* The “formal makeup” look in which the emphasis is her eyes

Now those are very great looks to have specially if you are able to do work each of them, and Tamaryn is very good at them. Specially the no makeup look she has, it will help her so much in the pageant activities. Now for the pageant I really hope they won’t try to put her in really heavy makeup because she really doesn’t need it. She looks better with the looks I’ve mentioned. For the minimal makeup looks I would like to see her with a bit of Liquid Eyeliner on the lid but the fact that she focuses on one area means she knows a bit about makeup. Ergo she usually uses bright red lipstick on that look, I personally would like to see her try more reds and perhaps a pink or orange (just to see). For the formal makeup I actually have actually zero complaints because she does eye makeup that is actually not to much. The nude shades that she uses are actually a very good match for her and don’t look to light on her. Another thing I would like for her to try is to try other colors in her eyes to see which work for her, specially browns.

Now for makeup that I don’t like are a couple of looks she has in which they put a bit of color on the eyes but then they put this berryish color on the lips. It really does nothing for her in my opinion. Same thing when they put her in makeup like the second example below, she looks very meh.

Now again we will discuss fashion but this time I am actually going to talk more than usual because this girl has gotten my attention here. The picture that made me realize this was the following:

I have heard so many different reactions to this picture and for some reason some people did not like that. What this picture showed me was that this girl was not afraid to try more edgier colors and look which to me it’s absolutely amazing. To me sometimes women are a little bit afraid to try more vibrant and/or edgy looks, for many reasons actually, yet in this girl I see potential for her not to have this issue. She has also being blessed with a beautiful skin tone that makes her look amazing in vibrant warm colors as you can see in her instagram (as pictured below). Her complexion is very specific and beautiful in which colors as bright and medium reds, yellows and oranges look stunning in her. What bright colors I have yet to see her try yet would love to? A green like in the graphic below, which I am aware is a little risky but I think she could pull it off. Now the trick with vibrant colors is that either you combine them amongst themselves (very possible and beautiful if done correctly) or pair them with pieces of either a bright white or a very opaque black. The latter usually gives some balance if you do not want to be too risky. I know the graphic below may look a bit too much for some but to me if there is someone who can bring it in these colors is Tamaryn. I used those two pictures because I basically want to see her using different fabrics, textures and color combinations. I also want to see her experiment with layers too and play with light and dark combinations.

Now she also looks very good in bright white which I am very pleasantly surprised to notice, for me she should mix different whites. Yes, there’s different types
haha. I would do that while mixing textures just to break a little bit the monotone nature sometimes monochromatic looks have. Now to the other part of the spectrum I actually don’t think black does that much for her to me. Like many of her dark colored clothing, black to me just kinda takes away from that rich beautiful skin of her. The most I could do would be dark blue but that would be a stretch, to me she should stick with the light. Now I don’t think many pastels except pastel bright pick does that much for her either.

Now as I mentioned in the body portion, Tamaryn has a very small chest ergo I would suggest she would go for high necklines would be better. Basically the main purpose shouldn’t be to show cleavage, the main focus should be elsewhere. She could also use clothing that are fitted to her body since even though is not exactly curvy it does help a lot to create the illusion like in the example below. I think that as long as she has beautiful feminine cuts and combinations that goes with her body and personally she will be okay. I would personally put her in high necklines, capped sleeves (very in now), layers and colors ect. It’s better if I just provide examples.

*The gown in the graphic reflects more of my desired shape not the desired fabric nor the color. To me it could sort of this shape but done in a pearly color with a different fabric or even a bit like the technique used in Zuleyka.

Now as I have said before IMG doesn’t seem to care much for sashes and such things so to me a back to back is more possible in this era than any other. I think that if she does exactly what she should be doing and avoid going the France 17’ path she will be just fine. I like that South Africa said “No, we will crown another great girl to go to Miss Universe” instead of what many countries sometimes do when they win a crown and send an ok girl the next year. And I get that we mostly do it because the chances of winning a back to back to back are slim but the reality is a crown is not the only thing you should try to achieve in Miss Universe. You should try to establish yourself as a strong country in pageants in which you send candidates of quality. South Africa has participated 43 times in Miss Universe and has a 51% placing record, and it is one of the countries that we are excited to see on stage. They have sent 73 women to 61 editions of Miss World, with a 73% placing record and 3 Miss Worlds. They sent very good candidates constantly and think the MUO sees and appreciates that. So to me a back to back is possible as long as she performs well which up until now ergo we shall see.

___________________________________________________________________________________

In this 4 months I hope that Tamaryn gets to train to become better and a full frontrunner, but most importantly that she gets those things I mentioned. Because I would like for this girl to be able to not only be a great successor to Demi as Miss SA but also a great contestant of her own. She is the kind of candidate (atleast to me) that you want to see succeed and honestly to me she would make a great option for the crown. Like I said she has great potential to leave a mark on the pageant whether she wins or not. But that will depend entirely on her on her organization, they have a perfect fresh canvas to work with and hopefully compliment. They did wonders with Demi and made her an even better candidate than before and if it wasn’t for her preliminary she would have had a perfect performance. Now this is the chance of the South Africans to win a third crown and bring a second back to back. So time will tell if this woman has what it takes to snatch the 67th Miss Universe crown and hopefully what they have in mind for this girl looks something like my vision.

Thank you so much for reading this sequel and hopefully you will join me next time.

XX, The Duchess
[/b]

Last edited by The Duchess on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: THE DUCHESS REVIEWS | SOUTH AFRICA

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 am

For some odd reason there was some pressure to writing this one, I almost didn't want to post it =;))
The Duchess

Postby panchopolo » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:17 am

The Duchess wrote:For some odd reason there was some pressure to writing this one, I almost didn't want to post it =;))

Well, I'm glad you did! That was a lot of reading, but worth it. Thanks for sharing your views (and those images)!

I completely agree with you about her girl-next-door appeal. The past three IMG winners have both the accessible aura and the looks of being "premium". As your rightly said, Tamaryn is a fresh canvass that can easily be painted on to evoke the overall quality of the three Miss Universe titlists. I think her strongest asset is in looking universal--and she thinks that way, too--in a manner that she can be mistaken as a Malaysian, a Latina, or a Northern African.

We will now see if IMG is ready to do a back-to-back country win, as Tamaryn is so far one of the few deserving titlists so far.
panchopolo
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2012
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Croquis and Maquette Maker
Hobbies/Interests: Providing arcane information on need-to-know basis
Message: Post messages that matter for posts that don’t matter

Postby Clorentine » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:28 am

she gives Oxana Fedorova vibes but in dark mixed race, they dont look alike but she gives me the same vibes
Clorentine
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1991
Profession: My hobbies
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Boss people around
Message: Im here to criticize haha, thats what you all do right!!??

Postby chellomellow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 am

Another brilliant thread. She is wayyy better than Demi.
─▀██▀▄███▄─ ▀██─██▀██▀▀▀█─
──██─███─███─██─██─██▄█──
──██─▀██▄██▀─▀█▄█▀─██▀█──
─▄██▄▄█▀▀▀─────▀──▄██▄▄▄█

[youtube]1rmr_z5bWgo[/youtube]

TEAM TYA JANE
chellomellow
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: I am an Angel sent from heaven ❤
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, Reading, Music, Drawing, Anime, Piano

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:55 am

The Duchess I just wanted to say you are awesome! I always love your posts and opinions and your commentary is always so well thought out. I think you are a great writer and you clearly study these girls intensely. You put so much effort into this and you deserve a pageant expert tag!

Anyways, I love Tamaryn Green! I probably prefer Demi over her but I was more sentimental with Demi I felt like because when I first saw her photo before she was even Miss South Africa, I knew she'd win Miss Universe and she did. As for Tamaryn, she was the easy standout from Miss SA and she's a huge crown contender, a perfect 10 in my opinion and totally IMG. She's more softspoken than the very bubbly and outgoing Demi from what I've seen but she still seems so genuine and kind and she's clearly a woman of substance! She's not just a pretty face and IMG will love that. I haven't seen her walk but remember Demi's walk wasn't out of this world, her presence was and that's what got her the crown and I think it will be the same this year with Tamaryn. Her body I don't see that many issues with but I'm not as nitpicky about girls bodies because there are many body types. I see her winning the crown and in this day an age, a back to back is possible. She has been consistently in my Top 3 and I expect her to be Top 5 minimum but no matter what, if she makes the Top 5 at least it will be huge for her country because they won the previous year as well!
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby PeterPaul » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 am

Clorentine wrote:she gives Oxana Fedorova vibes but in dark mixed race, they dont look alike but she gives me the same vibes

I had exactly the same observation, especially during her Miss SA swimsuit walk.
Great article,The Duchess, by the way.
PeterPaul
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 13 Dec 1988
Profession: Lurker since 2006
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Photography, Endless existential crisis

Postby Miss Bicolandia » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:27 am

I enjoyed reading this! I completely agree with you on all your points about Tamaryn! I also discovered a lot of things I never noticed in her. I am excited to read your thoughts on Catriona and learn how she may improve as the pageant approaches.
I didn't know I was looking for love until I found you, Babe!
Miss Bicolandia

Real Life Name/Nick: Venus :)
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 1980
Profession: Teacher, Freelance writer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, travel, literature, music

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Congrats on your tag friendship! Missosology needs people like you.
Ea'rend¿l
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby Handsama » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm

I’ve got to admit I’m probably one of the few people here who isn’t that enamored with South Africa this year. Nevertheless, this is another well written article from the Duchess.

And congrats on the tag upgrade. =c3 Please keep it well-grounded. Don’t let the tag get into your head as we’ve seen happen in others.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby manoypoe » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:35 pm

THIS IS SUCH A "LONG AND WINDING" READ BUT WORTH IT. CONGRATS TO THE NEW TAG. YOU DESERVE. ONE OF THE MOST LEVELHEADED FORUMERS. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby The Duchess » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:27 pm

As soon as I get home and recollect my thoughts I promise I'll answer all these comment. But wow, today proved to be a great day.
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:33 am

panchopolo wrote:
The Duchess wrote:For some odd reason there was some pressure to writing this one, I almost didn't want to post it =;))

Well, I'm glad you did! That was a lot of reading, but worth it. Thanks for sharing your views (and those images)!

I completely agree with you about her girl-next-door appeal. The past three IMG winners have both the accessible aura and the looks of being "premium". As your rightly said, Tamaryn is a fresh canvass that can easily be painted on to evoke the overall quality of the three Miss Universe titlists. I think her strongest asset is in looking universal--and she thinks that way, too--in a manner that she can be mistaken as a Malaysian, a Latina, or a Northern African.

We will now see if IMG is ready to do a back-to-back country win, as Tamaryn is so far one of the few deserving titlists so far.

Thank you very much dear, when I put the next girl I'll DM you :hx
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:35 am

Clorentine wrote:she gives Oxana Fedorova vibes but in dark mixed race, they dont look alike but she gives me the same vibes

I actually know what you mean for they have kind of that fresh more shy personality, it makes a lot of sense
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:42 am

chellomellow wrote:Another brilliant thread. She is wayyy better than Demi.

Thank You, I'll keep you in mind for the next one :hx
The Duchess

Postby Marionneaud » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 am

What a well written article, and your analysis is on point, congratulations. I'm Team Tamaryn for Miss Universe
Marionneaud
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 28 Dec 1993
Profession: Cashier
Hobbies/Interests: Dance

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:52 am

Juan Sebastian wrote:
The Duchess I just wanted to say you are awesome! I always love your posts and opinions and your commentary is always so well thought out. I think you are a great writer and you clearly study these girls intensely. You put so much effort into this and you deserve a pageant expert tag!

Anyways, I love Tamaryn Green! I probably prefer Demi over her but I was more sentimental with Demi I felt like because when I first saw her photo before she was even Miss South Africa, I knew she'd win Miss Universe and she did. As for Tamaryn, she was the easy standout from Miss SA and she's a huge crown contender, a perfect 10 in my opinion and totally IMG. She's more softspoken than the very bubbly and outgoing Demi from what I've seen but she still seems so genuine and kind and she's clearly a woman of substance! She's not just a pretty face and IMG will love that. I haven't seen her walk but remember Demi's walk wasn't out of this world, her presence was and that's what got her the crown and I think it will be the same this year with Tamaryn. Her body I don't see that many issues with but I'm not as nitpicky about girls bodies because there are many body types. I see her winning the crown and in this day an age, a back to back is possible. She has been consistently in my Top 3 and I expect her to be Top 5 minimum but no matter what, if she makes the Top 5 at least it will be huge for her country because they won the previous year as well!

Thank you so much dear, it actually happened and I couldn't believe it; I'm very glad you guys have mentioned this so much :hx

Her catwalk is decent, I just wish it had that little extra umph needed for that SS to be stunning.

Now I think it may have been misunderstood but I actually don't need candidates to have a specific measure or shape but I do think that they should have balanced proportions. I just think if she had a bit less waist her body would be very harmonous.
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:56 am

PeterPaul wrote:

I had exactly the same observation, especially during her Miss SA swimsuit walk.
Great article,The Duchess, by the way.

Thank you very much :hx
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 am

Miss Bicolandia wrote:I enjoyed reading this! I completely agree with you on all your points about Tamaryn! I also discovered a lot of things I never noticed in her. I am excited to read your thoughts on Catriona and learn how she may improve as the pageant approaches.

To be honest I have been putting off Catriona because I just don't want my threads to be filled with haters because I covered her and defenders because I pointed out the things that worry me. A couple graphics are made actually because I was going to open with her. I think you can see where I coming from. I actually think she is a formidable candidate, just a bit of editing needed. Guess Ill have to make a choice soon.
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:13 am

Ea'rend¿l wrote:Congrats on your tag friendship! Missosology needs people like you.

Thank You dear, your comment made me realize :hx >=p
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:22 am

Handsama wrote:I’ve got to admit I’m probably one of the few people here who isn’t that enamored with South Africa this year. Nevertheless, this is another well written article from the Duchess.

And congrats on the tag upgrade. =c3 Please keep it well-grounded. Don’t let the tag get into your head as we’ve seen happen in others.

I will try my best to do something more with this tag than merely just have it, thank you so much for the kind wishes
The Duchess

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 am

manoypoe wrote:THIS IS SUCH A "LONG AND WINDING" READ BUT WORTH IT. CONGRATS TO THE NEW TAG. YOU DESERVE. ONE OF THE MOST LEVELHEADED FORUMERS. :=p :=p =D> =D>

Thank You dear :hx
The Duchess

Postby jennifer_finger09 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:49 am

Great thread!!!

Personally, I feel the crown is hers. Whatever weaknesses she have will easily be shattered by her magnetic personality. The moment she opens her mouth people stop and listen. She isn't perfect - who is anyway - but she's the best, the strongest I've seen so far in this year's Miss Universe batch. I can't wait to see her wearing the Miss Universe 2018 crown.
jennifer_finger09
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 18 Aug 1968
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo

Postby lesham » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:12 am

The Duchess wrote:
Miss Bicolandia wrote:I enjoyed reading this! I completely agree with you on all your points about Tamaryn! I also discovered a lot of things I never noticed in her. I am excited to read your thoughts on Catriona and learn how she may improve as the pageant approaches.

To be honest I have been putting off Catriona because I just don't want my threads to be filled with haters because I covered her and defenders because I pointed out the things that worry me. A couple graphics are made actually because I was going to open with her. I think you can see where I coming from. I actually think she is a formidable candidate, just a bit of editing needed. Guess Ill have to make a choice soon.

Please Duchess, make a review for Catriona also. Her handlers might take in consideration some notes on your review. :hx
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby The Duchess » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:20 am

lesham wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Please Duchess, make a review for Catriona also. Her handlers might take in consideration some notes on your review. :hx

Do you know if Binibining is an organization open to suggestions like this, most importantly is there time to make the necessary changes (my main worry is styling not physical so maybe there is)? If you can gather some pinoys to help me with pictures and her advocacies it will help me a lot in the time sense, I will research as much as I can of course but im always open for help. I was planning to close the first 5 with her but if I can get it faster maybe not?
The Duchess

Postby Beta » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:03 am

What a breath of Fresh Air! This is fabulous, Duchess -- very in-depth observations, on-point suggestions and candid,constructive criticisms! If you can post just one picture of Tamaryn that epitomizes the best of her, which one would it be?
Beta
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Date of Birth: 30 Jul 2008
Profession: BOSS
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: EVERYTHING

Postby valleriam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 am

Way superior than Demi in many aspects, especially since her beauty is so natural and effortless.

Congrats on the tag, well deserved! :-*
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Postby arkenken » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:50 am

great review!
Everything is so finite. But don't you think that that's what makes our time, at specific moments, so important?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
arkenken

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1990
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: watching movies.

Postby lesham » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:53 am

The Duchess wrote:
lesham wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Do you know if Binibining is an organization open to suggestions like this, most importantly is there time to make the necessary changes (my main worry is styling not physical so maybe there is)? If you can gather some pinoys to help me with pictures and her advocacies it will help me a lot in the time sense, I will research as much as I can of course but im always open for help. I was planning to close the first 5 with her but if I can get it faster maybe not?

Bb. Pilipinas is very much open to suggestions nowadays than before. It's their handlers who are preparing the girls. I've sent you pm.
Thank you FunX3 for this amazing collage!
ALPHA OF 2010s
MW-2013
MU-1969,1973,2015,2018
MI-1964,1970,1979,2005,2013,2016
ME-2008,2014,2015,2017
MS- 2013
MIC- 2018, 2021
lesham

Real Life Name/Nick: Lesham
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1997
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby Ex Miss » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 am

What a read!!! Absolutely amazing facts and analysis from a true pageant expert!!! (One slight hiccup though... Demi is not of Cape Coloured origin!)
Ex Miss

Real Life Name/Nick: Missy
Date of Birth: 10 Dec 2011
Profession: Hospitality Industry
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Tennis, reading, pageants, painting
Message: Believing in yourself is the first step towards being the best!

Next

Return to SEAL OF EXCELLENCE