Lito Atienza Has No Interest Working with BBM

Lito Atienza Has No Interest Working with BBM

Postby Prozac » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:00 am

One news that caught my attention was a recent item from Daily Pedia - an internet site where the latest news, information,
trends, topics, and happenings around the globe are featured and shared online. One such item was Rep Lito Atienza's pronounce-
meant that he has no interest in working with Bongbong Marcos should he win as Vice President. Wow, big words huh? And a little bit
intriguing.

Before somebody misconstrued me, I have to say this firsthand that I am apolitical. I don't side with anybody nor do I have a party
affiliation. Besides living in America, I don't have the chance to exercise SUFFRAGE or my right to vote. So we just listen to the
news, but it aches me to ask this question to missosologists living in the Philippines and get the pulse of how they react to certain
issues like this one.

And to pageant fanatics who will remind me, "This is a pageant website ... and not a political forum ..." please give me a slack.
The pageant world is sleepy and somnolent at this time, Miss World will still be in mid-March, only Nawat is hugging the headlines
when Femina Miss India severed ties with him and Glamanand Entertainment Private Limited came to the rescue and knowing
Nawat, he wants to return the favor by giving them a melodramatic welcome on their website. So when Sarah Duterte and No
Vac No Ride policy hit Missosologist pages, even though I was hesitating whether to click or not to click this thread, my friends
say it is worth a try.

Here is the link to Lito Atienza's issue with BBM. Does he have the point or is he making sense to you?

https://www.msn.com/en-ph/news/other/re ... np1taskbar

Prozac
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Butch
Date of Birth: 16 Mar 2016
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Hospital Worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: bully buster, fake news antidote
Message: If you see bizarre behaviors in you, seek professional help.

Re: Lito Atienza Has No Interest Working with BBM

Postby Prozac » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:25 am

Here is the content of the Issue:

Rep. Lito Atienza has no interest in working with Bongbong Marcos should he win VP race
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vice presidential candidate Lito Atienza doesn’t see himself working with presidential aspirant Ferdinand
“Bongbong” Marcos Jr should they win in this year’s national elections.

Atienza will consider giving up the position to the next candidate who comes in second in the race.

“Iba po ang ugali ni Bongbong eh. Sabi nga ng kanyang sariling ama, nung siya’y lumalaki pa lamang bilang
isang batang lalaki ay tamad,” he told ABS-CBN’s Teleradyo.

Marcos is seen as lazy by voters for not appearing during the first hearing by the Comelec on the disqualification
cases against him. He also refused to be interviewed by Kapuso broadcaster Jessica Soho.

“There are great big chances I would not serve with him, even President (Rodrigo) Duterte calls him pothead. Biro
mo babantayan ko pa ang aking president. Siguro yung sumusunod sa’kin yun ang ating paglingkurin. Wala po along
gagawing iba kundi bantayan ang presidente. Lugi na naman ang bayan.” he added.

Marcos tested negative for illegal drugs following Duterte’s claim that a presidential candidate snorts coke.

He challenged Marcos’ spokesperson, lawyer Vic Rodriguez to debate and proved that the Martial Law era had some
upsides.

“If you prove me wrong, I will retire from politics altogether and apologize to the nation. But if I prove you wrong
and I’m able to prove Marcos indeed abused the Filipino people, kaya siya tinatawag na the biggest crook in the world…
Nakakahiya ang biggest thief in the world ay Pilipino,” he said.

“Hindi tayo sa social media magdedebate. Hinahamon kita ng debate face-to-face sa television o kaya naman face-to-
face sa publiko, Plaza Miranda.”

Former first lady, Imelda Marcos was convicted of 7 counts of graft while her son was convicted for failing to pay taxes.

Prozac

Postby Rosa Mystica » Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:21 am

Yan na lang ba ang pang laban kay BBM, takotin ang taong bayan? Isa lang ang ibig sabihin niyan, dehado na ang manok ni Atienza. Kaya siraan nalang ang nangunguna sa survey.

Ang tamang pagiisip ay kung sino man ang manalo na Presidente na hindi dinaya, dapat respetuhin ng tao ang desisyon ng botante. Hindi i-question ng sinuman kung bakit nanalo ang Presidente na ayaw nila.

That’s the problem with liberal progressives. Even your political views are questioned. And they “gaslight” you into questioning your sanity and conscience. My vote is nobody else’s business but mine. But not to the liberal progressives who think they have the right to interfere in your beliefs because it’s the right thing to do (according to them). I’m sick of that narrative.

One last thing. The last time I checked, we are still a democracy, and every voter has the right to vote for anyone they want. A vote is sacred; that’s why filling out ballot forms requires privacy because of the “sanctity of the ballot.”

Tapos may makikialam sa boto mo. Kasi mali daw. :%))

[youtube]hi5Ob0AiVB8[/youtube]
ImageImage
Rosa Mystica
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Call Center Agent
Hobbies/Interests: Movies
Message: Those who tried to break you are expecting you to be in fight mode. Conquer them with your peace.

Postby sophocles » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:49 pm

Wala pong tinatakot. Nasa tao na lang yon kung matatakot sila sa totoong pagkatao ng mga Marcoses. Mga magnanakaw. Torturers. Sinungaling. Ni-hindi nakatapos ng pag-a-aral dahil tamad. Tinangkang hindi mag-bayad ng buwis, buti na lang na-sita. Ano na lang kaya kung hindi?. Yan ang profile nung gusto niyong maging pangulo. Mas qualified ka pa yata kesa diyan sa pinagtutulakan mo. Peace po. :-* :-*
sophocles
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 17 Jul 1971
Profession: lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Prozac » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:38 am

Being an outsider looking in, I am perplexed on what we can do so when election day or judgment day comes
we are choosing the right people to lead and govern us. I read sentiments about how we sold our vote to the
highest bidder and it seemed like we care less about our future, and we don't give a damn what will happen
in the next 4 or six years.

Does the Filipino need voter education? Or voters should give these politicians a lesson?

Cielito F. Habito of No Free Lunch fame of The Inquirer has this to say. I am going to quote him in toto about
his stand in voter education.

"I always feel discomfort when I hear talk about the need for “voter education,” usually in the context of
lamenting the nature of the candidates who tend to get the strongest support from the Filipino voting public.
We hear terms like “bobotante” and “tangang masa” in such conversations, especially now as we again prepare
to choose new leaders in 2022.

There’s no denying that we’ve seen elected into office too many people with reputations for vote buying,
thievery, plunder, immorality, and even murder; show business or sports personalities and other public
celebrities with no known qualifications for governance; and even returning officials with past records of
incompetence and nonperformance. A quote attributed to former Singapore leader Lee Kuan Yew made the
rounds in social media years ago, where he supposedly called Filipinos “stupid” for perennially voting bad
leaders into office.

Calls for “voter education” strike me as presumptuous, even bordering on arrogance. To me, the Filipinos’
supposed lack of political maturity reflects a failure in the system that ultimately points the finger back at
society’s economic and/or intellectual elite. I’m not the first to point out that those who want voters to be
“educated” could well be the ones needing to be educated by those they want “educated.” What has been
missing perhaps is for the country’s elite and even middle class to listen more and engage more with the
so-called “bobotante,” whom we have collectively failed and neglected. After all, how they cast their votes
would have a legitimate motivation behind it.

For some, it is persistent poverty that leads them to keep looking for leaders who can promise immediate
relief—including wads of cash and promises of more to come. That is one of the strong attractions of the
candidate with whom many seem to have fallen for the yarn that once elected, he will give away the immense
riches their family amassed while in power. It is said that many in our elite actually prefer to perpetuate
widespread poverty in our midst, appalling as that may sound, because it is through the patronage relationships
it fosters by which they maintain their grip on power.

For thinking voters with a longer perspective, the motivation could be a long-simmering dissatisfaction with
the existing order, and anyone who sounds like he/she can deliver drastic change would attract their support.
Seeing little improvement in their lives across various presidencies, it’s natural for common people to embrace
leaders who break out of the familiar mold. But this one is not just about poor and less educated voters wanting
to change the power balance in our society, in the hope of better lives for themselves. Let’s not forget that the
current leader many of us love to hate found his strongest support base from the ABC classes of voters and not
the bottom ones, seduced by the promise of change, not knowing that it was going to happen in the wrong direction.

“What we see during elections,” a writer once put it, “is an accumulation of the collective resentment, frustration,
and even anger of many Filipinos from past years or even decades.” It stems from the failure of society’s political
and economic elite to sufficiently uplift the lives of the wide majority left farther behind as they uplifted their own.
And as has now emerged, our greatest failure could have well been in education in general, and with all the cross-
country evidence at hand, there is no denying this. The fact that our country has found itself at the bottom of the list
of countries ranked in the Programme for International Student Assessment—worst in reading and second to worst
(to the Dominican Republic) in math and science—speaks for itself. Our education failure has been a huge impediment
to achieving a progressive and inclusive economy and building a strong nation. Unless we change this fast, we are
condemned to more of the same for time to come.

All told, the persistent call to “educate” voters is probably misplaced. Maybe we need to be “educated” by them first,
to move us all to take a direct role in shaping a better future for the nation, and not count on one leader to do it.
Prozac

Postby sophocles » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:55 am

When you decide to sell your vote, society is not responsible for that. You made that decision, so you own the moral consequences of that decision.

I often hear the excuse that people sell their vote, or they vote for bad officials because of their poverty. I think it is the reverse. People's poverty is the direct consequence of how people vote and who they vote for.

If you keep voting for people who have already demonstrated beyond doubt that they will steal from you, society is not to blame for your poverty, or your dire circumstances. You deserve to wallow in your poverty.

No more excuses for ignorant voters, please.
Last edited by sophocles on Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sophocles

Postby sophocles » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:01 pm

The Marcoses stole from your grandparents and parents.

By voting for BBM now, you are giving the Marcos family the means to steal from you, your children, and your grandchildren.

And you will only have yourself to blame. Stop blaming society and your poverty. You are poor because you make the wrong choices.
sophocles

Postby Prozac » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:33 am

In my humble opinion, with the rise of first time voters with almost 4 million registering this year, and the rise of
fake news and the possibility of vote-buying, each one of the voters should not take the right of suffrage lightly
as this will impact our lives in the next 6 years to come.

The Johnny come lately voters need a little voter education in some way. All he needs to know is to ask himself
who am I choosing and is he the right candidate for the country right now? Did I choose him for the wrong reasons?
Did I choose him because he is the most popular or did I choose him because my friends told me so? Or did you vote
for him because he come from your province or was it because ang pogi pogi niya?

To help first-time voters, and even regular voters to make an informed decision, I read somewhere that YouthVote
Philippines has developed an acronym C.H.A.N.G.E to help guide the voters on the parameters on what to look in the
candidates. CHANGE should read as follows

C- Competency
H- Honesty
A- Accountability
N- Non-Partisan
G- Good Governance
E- Enabling Factor

It is the voters responsibility to research and know by heart the platforms of each of the candidate. The voters
needs to be armed with the right information, and they should focus on issues that are important to them. Voters
can question the authenticity of the candidates especially on their pronouncements in social media because they
might be pulling your leg just to stay in power.

Voters should focus on candidates' platforms and policies and not be fooled by their music-to-the-ears promises,
their youthful appearance, or the way they speak. Do not choose them because of their soundbites, but choose
them for their leadership and what they have done in the past.

The right of suffrage is not one to take lightly, one must remember that whatever decision we made on election
day will impact the Philippines ' future.

A cavalier attitude in an election year is a cavalier disregard for the rights of others.

Last edited by Prozac on Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:10 am

sophocles wrote:When you decide to sell your vote, society is not responsible for that. You made that decision, so you own the moral consequences of that decision.

I often hear the excuse that people sell their vote, or they vote for bad officials because of their poverty. I think it is the reverse. People's poverty is the direct consequence of how people vote and who they vote for.

If you keep voting for people who have already demonstrated beyond doubt that they will steal from you, society is not to blame for your poverty, or your dire circumstances. You deserve to wallow in your poverty.

No more excuses for ignorant voters, please.

Selling of votes is not new in Philippine politics. If someone offers P500 in exchange for your vote, by all means, take the
money. But it doesn't mean you will write his name in the ballot. You still have the option to choose the candidate you feel
is President Right.
Prozac

Postby Prozac » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:00 am

sophocles wrote:The Marcoses stole from your grandparents and parents.

By voting for BBM now, you are giving the Marcos family the means to steal from you, your children, and your grandchildren.

And you will only have yourself to blame. Stop blaming society and your poverty. You are poor because you make the wrong choices.

The solution to our political woes is for us to raise a generation of responsible voters one who from the get-go learn from
the lessons of the past, knew what is going on in the present, and has the foresight to see what lies ahead in the future.
And most importantly ... he knew what their power to vote actually meant.

And that is what’s happening now. What we’re seeing now is that there is a concerted effort made so the youth will realize
that a responsible voter, doesn’t stop with just signing up to vote. Registration is just the threshold. And once you reach the
voting booth, your main responsibility is to vote right and vote for the right persons .... for you, your family, your country,
and your future.
Prozac

Return to Politics