NGOC CHAU is MISS UNIVERSE VIETNAM 2022

Re: NGOC CHAU is MISS UNIVERSE VIETNAM 2022

Postby billibilla » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:19 pm

I don't know how you guys thought Huong Ly has good answer in Vietnamese.
During the reality show, yes. During the Finals, she failed big time. "Yeu la cu yeu thoi" seriously girl? This is not you sitting at Starbucks talking to your friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkjJFWmbrbQ

Her body language while speaking also failed her on top of her poor answers. I was even thinking "what is this disaster???" =O/
Can't deny her beauty though. In fact, she's the most beautiful one IMO.

Last edited by billibilla on Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
billibilla
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 27 Sep 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: vagabond
Hobbies/Interests: books

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:25 pm

Ngoc Chau’s official thread as Miss Universe Vietnam 2022
http://missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1930457&start=30

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby kalan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:32 pm

Iamvietnamese wrote:
Declan wrote:
Iamvietnamese wrote:Le Thao Nhi had already known she could not win because she still does not officially have Vietnamese citizenship.
Her citizenship application is still in the process of being approved (her best friend - Emma Le has comfirmed this)
So The 1st Runner-up is the highest placement for her and she got it.
President Paula really likes Le Thao Nhi, you can see in the city tour and gala dinner.
Btw, Ngoc Chau deserves to win.

WAIT WHUT?? WHERE IS SHE ORIGINALLY FROM?

THE TOP 3 CAN REPRESENT VIETNAM ANYTIME. GORGEOUS LADIES.

Thao Nhi was born and grew up in Germany.
Her parents are Vietnamese pure. But she just has German citizenship. She needs 5 years long live in Vietnam to get Vietnamese citizenship. She has come and lived in Vietnam since 2018. So at least in 2023, she could get Vietnamese citizenship.

Nope .. it’s not true . I was not born in Vietnam, but I’ve got my citizenship because my parents were born there and I didn’t have to live in Vietnam for 5 years . Don’t worry .. the MUV org know what to do .
kalan
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: kALAN
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: fashion

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:06 pm

Iamvietnamese wrote:Le Thao Nhi had already known she could not win because she still does not officially have Vietnamese citizenship.
Her citizenship application is still in the process of being approved (her best friend - Emma Le has comfirmed this)
President Paula really likes Le Thao Nhi, you can see in the city tour and gala dinner.

Wait, i remember that Miss Universe Vietnam only accepts girls who have Vietnamese citizenship/passport. If Thao Nhi didn’t have one, how could she be allowed to compete in Miss Universe Vietnam 2022?

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:57 pm

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Iamvietnamese » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:41 am

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Wait, i remember that Miss Universe Vietnam only accepts girls who have Vietnamese citizenship/passport. If Thao Nhi didn’t have one, how could she be allowed to compete in Miss Universe Vietnam 2022?

I had same question with u when i got this infor from Emma Lê (Thao Nhi’s friend).
I asked some staffs of MUVn and they said the contestants only need father or mother is pure Vietnamese to join in the contest. But the winner must get Vietnamese citizenship.

And I remembered Thuy Vy Victoria who finished at 1st RU in Miss Vietnamese World 2010 and represented Vietnam at Miss World 2011 without Vietnam passport.

@kalan: I find out that Germany has just approved dual citizenship since November 2021. Maybe this is the main cause.
Iamvietnamese
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 11 Apr 1990
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Playing Rollercoaster

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:13 am

Iamvietnamese wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

I had same question with u when i got this infor from Emma Lê (Thao Nhi’s friend).
I asked some staffs of MUVn and they said the contestants only need father or mother is pure Vietnamese to join in the contest. But the winner must get Vietnamese citizenship.

And I remembered Thuy Vy Victoria who finished at 1st RU in Miss Vietnamese World 2010 and represented Vietnam at Miss World 2011 without Vietnam passport.

@kalan: I find out that Germany has just approved dual citizenship since November 2021. Maybe this is the main cause.

Oh i see. But i don’t think Thao Nhi didn’t win because of that reason. I think Miss Universe Vietnam org knows what to do. They have plenty of time to prepare everything for Thao Nhi.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby EbonyJenkins » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:02 am

Finally had time to post my thoughts.

This was the best pageant show I've ever watched, second only to Miss Universe 2018. 3 hours and not a single dull moment.

Strongest top 5 in history. And base on their international performance, the top 3 is coming for 2017's weaves.

Some shout outs:

- Bui Ly Thien Huong: deserved top 10, wtf was the basketball girl doing in the top 10 instead of this queen?

- Tran Tuyet Nhu: my comeback queen this year, she needs to comeback next year improved, so much potential

- Le Nam: a goddamn mess

- Thanh Khoa: happy for this queen, soo close to top 5

- Huong Ly: we all saw her stopping in top 5 after the the statement. to me the best performer to ever grace MUV stage. my heart breaks a little for her, but top 5 is suitable.

- Hoang Phuong: i know i been hard on miss girl but the moment she made top 5 was one of my favorite moments of the evening. so happy for her and she deserves it. now go register for MGV hoe

- Thuy Tien: girl the moment i saw you in the casting interview i been telling the girls to be very very scared of you. i will forever love you my babyy

- Thao Nhi: it's strange because i'm mixed between loving her unpolishness and innocence on stage (how Ngoc Chau kept on having to tell her where to walk, how she cried making the top 3), and being impressed by her. she knew exactly what she was doing. her swim was one of the best performances. her eg got me scared of her but now i grew to like it a lot (unlike Thuy Van's gown that gets worse the more i look at it). her viet is rough but her english answers, imo, are the best answers of the night. came out of nowhere, and showed the other girls what they shoulda did. what an ICON

- Ngoc Chau: i'm most impressed by her security and unwavering demeanor the entire night, something i did not see in prelims. she was the only one i was sure would make it further and further every time they announce. well deserved victory. and definitely an upgrade :%))

----

Ngoc Chau needs training in English, more exciting performances, more explosive layout. for now, i see her making top 10 at Miss Universe 2022 =c3

and in 2023, the improved Thao Nhi Le will be Vietnam's best chance for the crown yet.

EbonyJenkins
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: NhokShjn
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1992
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby blunderer » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 am

Forever will be a fan of Hoang Ly (sp?) and I wish she joins another pageant. Ngoc Chau's win though definitely elevated SEA as the region to beat. I do want a fellow SEA win Miss Universe and Ngoc Chau and Celeste are the main bets of the region. Latin America might be very scared.

PS. MUV really is the best national batch this year. Watching the finals night, I couldn't predict who will win, lots of gorgeous glamazons.
blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby EbonyJenkins » Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:32 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:

Can y'all believe we have an all speaker top 3?? We have no choice but to stan
EbonyJenkins

Real Life Name/Nick: NhokShjn
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1992
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby billibilla » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:52 pm

EbonyJenkins wrote:Finally had time to post my thoughts.

This was the best pageant show I've ever watched, second only to Miss Universe 2018. 3 hours and not a single dull moment.

Strongest top 5 in history. And base on their international performance, the top 3 is coming for 2017's weaves.

Some shout outs:

- Bui Ly Thien Huong: deserved top 10, wtf was the basketball girl doing in the top 10 instead of this queen?

- Tran Tuyet Nhu: my comeback queen this year, she needs to comeback next year improved, so much potential

- Huong Ly: we all saw her stopping in top 5 after the the statement. to me the best performer to ever grace MUV stage. my heart breaks a little for her, but top 5 is suitable.

- Hoang Phuong: i know i been hard on miss girl but the moment she made top 5 was one of my favorite moments of the evening. so happy for her and she deserves it. now go register for MGV hoe

- Thuy Tien: girl the moment i saw you in the casting interview i been telling the girls to be very very scared of you. i will forever love you my babyy

- Thao Nhi: it's strange because i'm mixed between loving her unpolishness and innocence on stage (how Ngoc Chau kept on having to tell her where to walk, how she cried making the top 3), and being impressed by her. she knew exactly what she was doing. her swim was one of the best performances. her eg got me scared of her but now i grew to like it a lot (unlike Thuy Van's gown that gets worse the more i look at it). her viet is rough but her english answers, imo, are the best answers of the night. came out of nowhere, and showed the other girls what they shoulda did. what an ICON

- Ngoc Chau: i'm most impressed by her security and unwavering demeanor the entire night, something i did not see in prelims. she was the only one i was sure would make it further and further every time they announce. well deserved victory. and definitely an upgrade :%))

----

Ngoc Chau needs training in English, more exciting performances, more explosive layout. for now, i see her making top 10 at Miss Universe 2022 =c3

and in 2023, the improved Thao Nhi Le will be Vietnam's best chance for the crown yet.

Lol i thought exactly the same about how Thien Huong got robbed by the volleyball girl.
billibilla

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:28 pm

Huong Ly seems still suffering from the defeat and trying to cope with the results. She hasn’t posted anything on Instagram after the pageant concluded. I hope she gets over it soon and wastes no time to improve her speaking if she still wants to try for pageantry.

Hoang Phuong, on the other hand, seems to accept her fate. She is happy and grateful with her top 5 placement. IMO, Hoang Phuong is a solid top 5 but that is all she can get since her Q&A is very weak. Hope to see her and Huong Ly back in pageantry with better versions of themselves.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Capitella9 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:07 am

billibilla wrote:
EbonyJenkins wrote:Finally had time to post my thoughts.

Some shout outs:

----

Lol i thought exactly the same about how Thien Huong got robbed by the volleyball girl.

This girl Thien Huong is gorgeous with a captivating great smile. The bright red lipstick ruined her look. She should have wear a ligher shade. I' love the #114 (Ti Nhung?) girl with that vavoom body and catwalk. She can easily transformed in a diva. Also love the Tuyet Nhi girl and the girl with the Dien Bien sash who made top 10. Three of them were my dark horses and i'm so glad they made top 10-15. Thi Nhung girls was robbed big time. She should have replaced 2 or 3 of the other less beautiful girls. I see the most potential in #114 Thi Nhung girl out of these 4 girls if we don't take English into the equation. Are any of these 4 girls young enough to compete again???

Overall, the cailiber of the girls were top notch. So many gorgeous girls with good catwalk and body. As much as I love Huong Ly for her looks and performance, she comes across as a diva with not such a good attitude. Am i the only one seeing this?? i hate to say this but i was more excited and follow Miss Universe Vietnam more than I did with Puteri Indonesia[size=150][/size]
Capitella9
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Dec 1996
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: NOYB
Hobbies/Interests: Food, travel, Youtubbie

Postby blunderer » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:59 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Huong Ly seems still suffering from the defeat and trying to cope with the results. She hasn’t posted anything on Instagram after the pageant concluded. I hope she gets over it soon and wastes no time to improve her speaking if she still wants to try for pageantry.

Hoang Phuong, on the other hand, seems to accept her fate. She is happy and grateful with her top 5 placement. IMO, Hoang Phuong is a solid top 5 but that is all she can get since her Q&A is very weak. Hope to see her and Huong Ly back in pageantry with better versions of themselves.

Huong Ly was all over the internet after prelims, some even prediciting her to win the Miss Universe itself. Perhaps it has gotten to her and she expected too much? Feel bad for her though.
blunderer

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:18 pm

blunderer wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:Huong Ly seems still suffering from the defeat and trying to cope with the results. She hasn’t posted anything on Instagram after the pageant concluded. I hope she gets over it soon and wastes no time to improve her speaking if she still wants to try for pageantry.

Huong Ly was all over the internet after prelims, some even prediciting her to win the Miss Universe itself. Perhaps it has gotten to her and she expected too much? Feel bad for her though.

The higher hope you have, the more it hurts when you lose. What most instagram people didn’t know was her weak speaking skill and therefore they hyped her to death. She deserved the hype but i was not surprised at all when she finished only in top 5. I started to give up on her as early as when she delivered the cringe worthy opening statement. So nervous and not confident at all. I do feel bad for her and hopefully she is still eligible for the next Miss Universe Vietnam edition age wise.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby blunderer » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:08 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
blunderer wrote:

The higher hope you have, the more it hurts when you lose. What most instagram people didn’t know was her weak speaking skill and therefore they hyped her to death. She deserved the hype but i was not surprised at all when she finished only in top 5. I started to give up on her as early as when she delivered the cringe worthy opening statement. So nervous and not confident at all. I do feel bad for her and hopefully she is still eligible for the next Miss Universe Vietnam edition age wise.

Or maybe a different pageant where QnA are not much of a big deal. Miss International do give memorize speeches, maybe that? Miss Supranational only has 1 QnA.
blunderer

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:51 pm

OMG Huong Ly and Hoang Phuong, what were they doing? =;))

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:04 pm

Watching this makes me so happy that Miss Universe Vietnam didn’t crown non-speakers this year. I love Kim Duyen so much but i always have this secondhand embarrassment whenever i watch her Q&A. Doraemon??? Seriously??? I know it’s not right to call out a Viet person trying to speak English. But this is truly a disaster. I’m glad that Miss Universe Vietnam 2022 dodged a bullet.

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby billibilla » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:55 pm

"Tấm hình định mệnh lúc 3h sáng , và cũng là tấm hình duy nhất của em gái Ngoc Chau gửi cho Chung Thanh Phong lần đầu tiên fitting chiếc váy dạ hội trước thềm chung kết . Bao ngày cả ekip mất ăn mất ngủ,như ngồi trên đống lửa để chăm chút cho chiếc váy , cũng không được gặp trực tiếp Châu để fitting hay chỉnh sửa,chỉ toàn làm việc từ xa bởi lịch trình làm việc quá dày đặc của cả 2 anh em. Và sau khi nhận đc tấm hình này và Châu nói : “ Anh ơi vừa như in “ khiến cả ekip thở phào và được ngủ ngon vì quyết định thay đổi thiết kế phút chót không thể hợp lý hơn và chiếc váy này sinh ra là dành cho Ngọc Châu .Chuyện hôm nay mới kể ,và đây sẽ là một kỷ niệm khó quên."

billibilla

Previous

Return to Miss Universe