ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // NORTH CAROLINA IS MISS USA 2022

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // MISS USA 2022 IS........

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:52 am

Queen of the Clouds wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:
Serious question, what do you like more IMG or Crystle ? and why?

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I sincerely liked all the IMG winners. They all had substance and I truly feel they only get hated on so much because they are, except for Sarah all black or black-adjacent. That being said, I do feel that the organization basically abandoned them once they were crowned, which is why they would show up to Miss Universe and would constantly get stuck in the semis alone. Crystle has not produced enough winners for me to judge fairly how she does as a franchise holder. Things do not look promising for her though.

Kára publicly opposed giving healthcare to all Americans and refused to say she was a feminist while Asya performed at a Trump rally and you think the only reason they get hated on are because they're black???

Also I feel like its common knowledge by now, that Asya was under contractual obligation as Miss Mississippi to perform at the Trump Rally. I really don't expect the then 19-20 year old girl to straight up say no and choose to die on that hill. Who she votes for, I personally don't know, but she's sort of bland anyway (personality) so I really never got a read on her either way. And as for Kara, she was Miss USA, not anyone who could actually prevent all Americans from getting healthcare...which they don't get anyway. I liked her because she generally always spoke with conviction, among other things. Titleholders should not be reduced to their personal opinions, because not everybody is ever going to be satisfied.

That was such a fake excuse, not to mention the numerous times Asya spoke highly of her conversations with the Trump administration about criminal justice reform, the implications that she belongs to the Alice Marie Johnson camp of Trump supporters, and the homophobic slurs on her Twitter account. Many American pageant girls are Trump supporters, that's not going to change and I don't really care, but I'm not going to go around cheerleading for them. And let's not forget we're discussing this because you said there is no reason they should receive hate apart from their race – there is clearly reason. Has every black girl ever at Miss USA been worthy of a crown for you then, or else it's just their race as to why they aren't being supported?

Titleholders should absolutely be reduced to their personal opinions much like EVERY other person in this world is. I am not going to support a queen whose morals clearly differ greatly from mine, just like I will not want to befriend or date a person I meet who thinks these same things. They are free to think whatever they want, but I am free to dislike them for it. Allie Drake gave an awful, xenophobic answer at Miss Texas USA, and I went from being a big fan of hers to never wanting to see her with a crown. Apparently I shouldn't care about her xenophobia because it's about how she speaks and not what she says?

I'm not saying you should not care, I started talking about unnecessary hate towards Black titleholders, you zoomed in on 2 of the 4, who weren't popular for other reasons. Look at Zozi for god's sakes! Hate, Hate,Hate, Hate. She speaks better than anyone I've ever heard, performed like a queen on finals night, yet people still hated her unfairly! You're telling me you truly don't know where I'm coming from?

dollwithahat
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: s
Hobbies/Interests: stuff

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:54 am

dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I sincerely liked all the IMG winners. They all had substance and I truly feel they only get hated on so much because they are, except for Sarah all black or black-adjacent. That being said, I do feel that the organization basically abandoned them once they were crowned, which is why they would show up to Miss Universe and would constantly get stuck in the semis alone. Crystle has not produced enough winners for me to judge fairly how she does as a franchise holder. Things do not look promising for her though.

Kára publicly opposed giving healthcare to all Americans and refused to say she was a feminist while Asya performed at a Trump rally and you think the only reason they get hated on are because they're black???

Also I feel like its common knowledge by now, that Asya was under contractual obligation as Miss Mississippi to perform at the Trump Rally. I really don't expect the then 19-20 year old girl to straight up say no and choose to die on that hill. Who she votes for, I personally don't know, but she's sort of bland anyway (personality) so I really never got a read on her either way. And as for Kara, she was Miss USA, not anyone who could actually prevent all Americans from getting healthcare...which they don't get anyway. I liked her because she generally always spoke with conviction, among other things. Titleholders should not be reduced to their personal opinions, because not everybody is ever going to be satisfied.

It's common knowledge that's the excuse people came up with, but few people believed that

Well to be honest, at the time I scanned through her page, and that one performance at the rally as Miss Mississippi was the only thing I could find of her supporting Trump. However I think most people assume (and probably correctly) that she's republican otherwise, because she's from the deep south, and everything about her seems to swing that way even if its not in your face, but we can't actually prove that. I don't know...Dayana Mendoza was recently called out for being homophobic, as was Oxana for supporting the Russian invasion. My point being, the queens aren't perfect, they're just people, and I personally do not have the energy to police all of them. My initial point of the instant, sometimes subtle hate when a black Miss USA is crowned stands though.

I am not arguing with you about the racism. There is A LOT of racism in pageantry and I do think that some of the hate these girls received was due to racism, especially when you compare the response to the crowning of every black girl in IMG era compared to the crowning of Sarah, who was the same kind of non-competitive at Miss Universe, cute but not a queen, and good speaker type of winner as all the others. But I think that calling racism when there is legitimate criticism not only discourages legitimate criticism from being brought up, but also discourages people from taking ACTUAL racism seriously.

I also think that queens should receive consequences for whenever they show their true colors, be it racism, homophobia, or any other form of bigotry. Not losing their crowns per se, but fans whose morals do not align with these things should not put up with it because "well, nobody's perfect." Bigotry is not just a simple imperfection that everyone has, it is something that needs to be eradicated.
Queen of the Clouds
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 18 Mar 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Lawyer
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, music, film, politics, and parties

Postby kurtij » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:55 am

I LOVE THE FACT THAT KANSAS PLACED IN THE RECENTLY YEARS.
kurtij
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:58 am

kurtij wrote:

Kansas and/or Washington should go for MGI

Nebraska should go for Earth, although I'm not sure how many titles if any they have left for next year, and she is 27 now so last year is her final year most likely.
itsrowdy801
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rowdy
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1994
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Customer Service @ Travel Startup
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Comedy, Politics

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:59 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
kurtij wrote:

Nebraska should go for Earth, although I'm not sure how many titles if any they have left for next year, and she is 27 now so last year is her final year most likely.

I feel like Nebraska is a one and done girl. She said she only competed this year because she was almost aged out and wanted to try it out, and Nebraska 2022 was her first pageant ever.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:00 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
kurtij wrote:

I feel like Nebraska is a one and done girl. She said she only competed this year because she was almost aged out and wanted to try it out, and Nebraska 2022 was her first pageant ever.

I know but I could still dream lol
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:03 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
kurtij wrote:

I know but I could still dream lol

Just like I'll dream about Shandi taking over the franchise when she seems perfectly content living on her peaceful Tennessee farm as a wife and mom of three :%))
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:10 am

Congrats to Illinois for now holding the longest active placement streak, at 3!

I think a win is in their future, as Vanbros' most populous state, and two Top 4/5 placements in a row
itsrowdy801

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:10 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Congrats to Illinois for now holding the longest active placement streak, at 3!

I think a win is in their future, as Vanbros' most populous state, and two Top 4/5 placements in a row

Kinda crazy the longest streak is only 3 in a row, I thought it'd be longer lol.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:11 am

dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

It's common knowledge that's the excuse people came up with, but few people believed that

Well to be honest, at the time I scanned through her page, and that one performance at the rally as Miss Mississippi was the only thing I could find of her supporting Trump. However I think most people assume (and probably correctly) that she's republican otherwise, because she's from the deep south, and everything about her seems to swing that way even if its not in your face, but we can't actually prove that. I don't know...Dayana Mendoza was recently called out for being homophobic, as was Oxana for supporting the Russian invasion. My point being, the queens aren't perfect, they're just people, and I personally do not have the energy to police all of them. My initial point of the instant, sometimes subtle hate when a black Miss USA is crowned stands though.

I am not arguing with you about the racism. There is A LOT of racism in pageantry and I do think that some of the hate these girls received was due to racism, especially when you compare the response to the crowning of every black girl in IMG era compared to the crowning of Sarah, who was the same kind of non-competitive at Miss Universe, cute but not a queen, and good speaker type of winner as all the others. But I think that calling racism when there is legitimate criticism not only discourages legitimate criticism from being brought up, but also discourages people from taking ACTUAL racism seriously.

I also think that queens should receive consequences for whenever they show their true colors, be it racism, homophobia, or any other form of bigotry. Not losing their crowns per se, but fans whose morals do not align with these things should not put up with it because "well, nobody's perfect." Bigotry is not just a simple imperfection that everyone has, it is something that needs to be eradicated.

But here's the thing, I did not focus my intial post on Kara and Asya, I only gave my opinion on those subjects when you brought them up. I said what I said about titleholders because of who I am. I'm a gay man living on an island where homophobia is ingrained in our culture and every single day it's a constant struggle. If I had to choose not to tolerate all the people I know in real life whose views did not line up with mine, I would not get very far in my society. And yes! Those views are to my very detriment, but I'm not in a position where I'm privileged enough to be able to call out all those people and ignore them, because the number is too high! Besides that I'd be putting myself in actual danger. I simply do not have that type of energy, because in my day to day life, that sort of thing doesn't exist.
dollwithahat

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

But here's the thing, I did not focus my intial post on Kara and Asya, I only gave my opinion on those subjects when you brought them up. I said what I said about titleholders because of who I am. I'm a gay man living on an island where homophobia is ingrained in our culture and every single day it's a constant struggle. If I had to choose not to tolerate all the people I know in real life whose views did not line up with mine, I would not get very far in my society. And yes! Those views are to my very detriment, but I'm not in a position where I'm privileged enough to be able to call out all those people and ignore them, because the number is too high! Besides that I'd be putting myself in actual danger. I simply do not have that type of energy, because in my day to day life, that sort of thing doesn't exist.

I am sorry that you are in a situation like that but your entire point was that these girls only get hate for their race and I don't see what that has to do with it. Yes maybe you have reason to ignore bigotry and move on but not everyone is in your situation so we do not do the same, and thus there are more reasons for criticizing these queens than just racism. That's all.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:16 am

Vermont's 1st placement since 1982, New Hampshire's 1st placement since 2004. Nebraska's 1st consecutive placements since 1957-1958.
DC placed at the pageant for the 5th time since Deshaunna Barber won the crown in 2016.

Texas won their 10th Miss USA crown and 1st Top 5 finish since Ylianna Guerra finished 1st Runner Up in 2015.

North Carolina duplicated 1st Runner Up finish since 2018, 1st Top 5 & best finish since the late Cheslie Kryst won in 2019.

Nebraska duplicated 2nd Runner Up finish since 1955, 1st Top 5 & best finish since Sarah Rose Summers won in 2018.

Ohio duplicated 3rd Runner Up finish since 2006, 1st Top 5 & best finish since Audrey Bolte finished 2nd Runner Up in 2012.

Illinois placed in the Top 4/5 for the second straight year. 1st back to back Top 4/5 finish for Illinois since Amanda Jones & Karen Morrison won back to back Miss USA crowns in 1973 and 1974.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:18 am

Even here, not this specific thread, but on forums I'm always seeing pageant fans saying "make Miss Universe great again." or "Bring back the Trump era." and I think to myself, how on earth can they possibly want that? To me...he degraded these pageants from what they used to be. The mid 2000s to early 2010s had to be the most hypersexualized versions of the pageant to ever exist. The top 5 from 2003-2005 were proven to be based on swimsuit scores alone, and he started handpicking semifinalist just because one of his favourites didn't make it which always disgusted me.If I saw a cohesiveness with pageant fans about what we stood for, and what we want, maybe I'd care more, but there's too much flip flopping for me. Same way you can't separate a girl from her views, is the same way you can't separate a man from his pageantry, and I loathed Trump's pageantry.
dollwithahat

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:19 am

itsrowdy801 wrote:Congrats to Illinois for now holding the longest active placement streak, at 3!

Kinda crazy the longest streak is only 3 in a row, I thought it'd be longer lol.

Illinois just made it to the Final 4/5 twice consecutively since the back to back wins of Amanda Jones & Karen Morrison in 1973 & 1974.
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:24 am

2019 has African descent Miss America (Nia), Miss USA (Cheslie) and Miss Teen USA (Kaliegh) winners

2022 has Asian descent Miss America (Emma), Miss USA (R'Bonney) and Miss Teen USA (Faron) winners
ajsy0203

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:27 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I am sorry that you are in a situation like that but your entire point was that these girls only get hate for their race and I don't see what that has to do with it. Yes maybe you have reason to ignore bigotry and move on but not everyone is in your situation so we do not do the same, and thus there are more reasons for criticizing these queens than just racism. That's all.

You don't think I know that? Of course black queens are open to criticism, but (at least for me), Kara and certainly not Asya are not the first women I think of when I think of the IMG era. I sooner think of Zozi, Deshauna and Chesli and the unfair bashing they received. Also I think of years of reading comments under videos of Wendy, Mpule, Chelsi Smith, faceless profiles calling them derogatory names. I get where you're coming from and I'm assuming you understand me. This is the last thing I'm saying. My comments weren't meant to suggest black queens should be praised for simply being black, but rather how the hate seemed to be magnified, because of how they came one after the other and the inevitable slew of "another black queen...great 8-|" which is something else I recall seeing. You never saw that sentiment from 2012-2014 when every Miss USA crowned was a white brunette, and you know its true.
dollwithahat

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:28 am

4th straight POC Miss USA winners and 6th POC winners in the last 7 editions (post-Trump era)
ajsy0203

Postby Queen of the Clouds » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:31 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

You don't think I know that? Of course black queens are open to criticism, but (at least for me), Kara and certainly not Asya are not the first women I think of when I think of the IMG era. I sooner think of Zozi, Deshauna and Chesli and the unfair bashing they received. Also I think of years of reading comments under videos of Wendy, Mpule, Chelsi Smith, faceless profiles calling them derogatory names. I get where you're coming from and I'm assuming you understand me. This is the last thing I'm saying. My comments weren't meant to suggest black queens should be praised for simply being black, but rather how the hate seemed to be magnified, because of how they came one after the other and the inevitable slew of "another black queen...great 8-|" which is something else I recall seeing. You never saw that sentiment from 2012-2014 when every Miss USA crowned was a white brunette, and you know its true.

I don't disagree with any of that. What I was disagreeing with was "I truly feel they only get hated on so much because they are, except for Sarah all black or black-adjacent." Black queens do get hated on more than white queens, but some black queens deserve hate irrespective of their race. That's all I'm saying.
Queen of the Clouds

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:32 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I absolutely am aware how much racism sadly exists amongst pageant fans, and I understand that can make alarm bells ring off for people of color whenever they see a black queen criticized for any reason, but at the same time it's not fair to implicate all of us for that if we criticize Asya for reasons having nothing to do with her being black
itsrowdy801

Postby bootsguy » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:42 am

Who designed Miss USA 2022, TEXAS - R'Bonney Gabriel gown?
Watchful Eyes Of A Silhouette http://hamsternice.blogspot.com

bootsguy
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 25 Oct 1960
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: customer service representative soldier
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: reading, watching television, boots, boys
Message: i want to make friends and learn from fellow pageant fanatics.

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:43 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

I don't disagree with any of that. What I was disagreeing with was "I truly feel they only get hated on so much because they are, except for Sarah all black or black-adjacent." Black queens do get hated on more than white queens, but some black queens deserve hate irrespective of their race. That's all I'm saying.

Eh, I meant the group when I said "only" not the individuals.
dollwithahat

Postby itsrowdy801 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:44 am

I know they don't usually award Miss Tocuyo for USA, but we're all in agreement right?

itsrowdy801

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:47 am

Speaking of groups, Texas has ten winners now @-) @-) @-) @-) . We can now categorize into two equal groups. The Texas Aces (1985,1986,1987,1988,1989) and the individual victories
(1977,1995,2001,2008,2022)
dollwithahat

Postby dollwithahat » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:53 am

dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
itsrowdy801 wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
dollwithahat wrote:
firerprince wrote:

Eh, I meant the group when I said "only" not the individuals.

Ah, this demonstrates my point clearly. If we switched out, Deshauna for Chelsea Hardin and Chesli for Alejandra Gonzalez, I don't think as a group, they would have been treated with such disdain by pageant fans, even with Kara and Asya still in the mix, and that is basically what I've been trying to say all evening.
dollwithahat

Postby kurtij » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:58 am

BTW, R'BONNEY NOLA KINDA REMINDS ME OF AUREANA TSEU.
kurtij

Real Life Name/Nick: m_cronin
Date of Birth: 27 Dec 1989
Profession: Missosologist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: CURSING

Postby manoypoe » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:01 am

Congrats Texas. I believed in you. Onlu Washington on my list did not qualify. Hope she tries other pageants.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby MOCHA » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:57 am

That's all. :-*
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Re: ROAD TO MISS USA 2022 // FINALS HAPPENING NOW

Postby qwertyu » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:20 am

missfinlandia wrote:Come on it's matter of opinion. There are many of us who think Texas was the best.

No one was robbed here. There wasn't a totally random winner. Just because your favorite didn't win the pageant isn't rigged.

THIS!!

i think most pageant pages have either Kansas or Texas as their winner, so i'm not sure why bitches here are whining as if Texas stole the crown or something 8-} R'Bonney performed and deserved her win!

USA has a good chance with Texas! this will be the first time since 2015 that I will not be mad if USA makes the semis in Miss Universe! unlike her recent predecessors who obviously made it because of their sash!

Nebraska is fine, i became a fan when i saw her glam shot, but quite underwhelmed when i saw her in motion and candids. styling was her downfall, her mouth and smile were a bit off, and i really think she's the typilcal Miss USA who just disappear during Miss Universe, then miraculously be called in the semis :%))
qwertyu

Real Life Name/Nick: kevin
Date of Birth: 21 Jul 1989
Profession: something
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: something

Postby qwertyu » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:24 am

bootsguy wrote:
Who designed Miss USA 2022, TEXAS - R'Bonney Gabriel gown?

Filipino designer, Rian Fernandez
qwertyu

Postby qwertyu » Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:27 am

also, i really dont like their opening outfit since last year!

what's with crystle and her fascination with leotards as an opening outfit @-)
qwertyu

PreviousNext

Return to Miss Universe