OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN dead at 73

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN dead at 73

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:00 pm

OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN DEAD: ‘GREASE’ ACTRESS AND SINGER WAS 73
"Dame Olivia Newton-John passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends.
We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time."
her husband, John Easterling, wrote in a statement on the singer's verified Instagram account. "Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer."

Olivia Newton-John, the Australian singer whose breathy voice and wholesome beauty made her one of the biggest pop stars of the '70s
and charmed generations of viewers in the blockbuster movie ‘Grease’, died on Monday August 8, according to a statement from her husband.

The singer revealed in September 2018 that she was treating cancer at the base of her spine.
It was her third cancer diagnosis, following bouts with breast cancer in the early '90s and in 2017.

DUBROVNIK
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs

Re: OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN dead at 73

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:00 pm

HER RISE TO FAME

Thanks to a string of country and soft-rock hits, Newton-John was already a popular singer by the late 1970s. But her co-starring role opposite John Travolta in 1978's "Grease” arguably the most popular movie musical of all time, lifted her to a new level of stardom.

 Although she had little acting experience (and turned 29 during filming), Newton-John gave an indelible performance as Sandy, a sweet-natured Australian transfer student who romances Travolta's alpha greaser Danny at a Southern California high school in the 1950s.
Their onscreen chemistry as mismatched lovebirds who undergo final-act makeovers to win each others' hearts -- she ditches her frilly dresses for heels, leather, spandex and a cigarette -- anchored the movie and inspired repeat viewings by legions of fans.

 “I don't think anyone could have imagined a movie would go on almost 40 years and would still be popular and people would still be talking to me about it all the time and loving it”, Newton-John told CNN in 2017. “It's just one of those movies. I'm very lucky to have been a part of it. It's given so many people pleasure”.
Newton-John sang on three of the movie's biggest hits: the duets “You're The One That I Want” and “Summer Nights” with Travolta, and her swoony solo ballad, “Hopelessly Devoted To You”.
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:30 pm

BIO
Born in Cambridge, England in September 26, 1948, Olivia Newton-John moved with her family to Melbourne, Australia, when she was five.

After winning a talent contest on a TV show, “Sing, Sing, Sing” as a teen she formed an all-girl group and began appearing on weekly pop music programs in Australia.
Newton-John recorded her first single in England in 1966 and scored a few international hits, but she remained largely unknown to US audiences until 1973, when “Let Me Be There” became a top-10 hit on both the adult contemporary and the country charts.

 A series of No. 1 easy-listening hits followed, including “I Honestly Love You”, “Have You Never Been Mellow” and “Please Mr. Please”.
Then came “Grease” which was 1978's top-grossing movie and became an enduring cultural phenomenon.

The movie gave Newton-John an opportunity to change her squeaky-clean image.
The cover of her next album, “Totally Hot” featured the singer in black leather, while its songs had an edgier, more contemporary pop sound.
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:35 pm

In 1981, she took her new, sexier persona a step further with “Physical” a dance number with such suggestive lyrics as, “There's nothing left to talk about unless it's horizontally”. Banned by several radio stations, it became her biggest hit, spending 10 weeks atop the Billboard Hot 100.

She also appeared in several more big-budget movies, including the musical fantasy “Xanadu" with Hollywood legend Gene Kelly in his final screen role.
The film bombed, but its soundtrack sold well and spawned “Magic” a Nº 1 hit.

In 1983 she teamed with Travolta again for “Two of a Kind” a romantic comedy-fantasy, but it failed to recapture their “Grease” spark.
Over a lengthy career Newton-John won four Grammy Awards and sold more than 100 million albums.

“I've had many lives in music. I've had country when when I started, then I crossed over into pop," she told CNN.
“I had “Xanadu” and “Grease” many songs in between. I feel very grateful. I have such a large repertoire to choose from”.
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:00 pm

OVERCOMING TRAGEDY

But Newton-John also faced her share of troubles and tragedy. Her breast cancer diagnoses forced her to postpone and cancel several tours.
And in 2005 Newton-John's then-boyfriend, Patrick McDermott, disappeared at sea while on a fishing trip off the coast of California. He was never found -- an unsolved mystery that haunted the singer for years.

“It's very hard to live with that”, she told CNN's Larry King in 2006.
“It's probably the hardest thing I've ever experienced, and I've been through a lot of things”.

Although her career profile dimmed in her later years, Newton-John never stopped recording and performing.
Among her highlights were guest appearances on “Glee” a long-running “Summer Nights” residency at the Flamingo Las Vegas and a dance-club hit, “You Have to Believe” recorded with her daughter Chloe Lattanzi.

 “I love to sing, it's all I know how to do” she told CNN in 2017.
“That's all I've ever done since I was 15, so it's my life. I feel very grateful that I can still do it and people still come to see me”.
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:00 am

She experienced business and personal setbacks in 1992. Koala Blue, a chain of boutique shops she operated with her onetime singing partner Pat Carroll, folded amid bankruptcy. She experienced a serious health scare when she was diagnosed with breast cancer; following a mastectomy, she became a high-profile spokesperson for cancer awareness, and established the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Victoria, Australia.

Following her Nashville return “Back With a Heart” (1998), Newton-John’s albums sold principally Down Under; a late exception was the 2012 Yuletide album “This Christmas,” a pairing with Travolta that reached No. 81 domestically.

She toured successfully with Aussie star John Farnham, and dueted with him at the opening ceremony of the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. She continued to act, taking an unusual turn as a gay ex-con country singer in the feature “Sordid Lives” and its cable TV spinoff. After guesting as herself in 2010 on Fox’s hit “Glee,” a remake of “Physical” with the cast reached No. 89, becoming her first pop single to reach the chart in 12 years.

She returned to the road in the U.S. for a well-received 2017 trek.

Her family has requested donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund (ONJFoundationFund.org).

She is survived by her husband, John Easterling; daughter Chloe Lattanzi; sister Sarah Newton-John; brother Toby Newton-John.
Nieces and nephews Tottie, Fiona and Brett Goldsmith; Emerson, Charlie, Zac, Jeremy, Randall, and Pierz Newton-John;
Jude Newton-Stock, Layla Lee; Kira and Tasha Edelstein; and Brin and Valerie Hall.
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 am

ImageImage
DUBROVNIK

Postby DUBROVNIK » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:00 am

DUBROVNIK

Postby esperasave » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:36 am

RIP OLIVIA BUT YOUR LEGACY, TALENTS AND CHARACTER WILL LIVE ON TO THE MEMORIES OF THE PEOPLE WORLDWIDE FOREVER.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Mariana Erwin » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:59 am

This is so sad to hear. Rest in peace, Olivia. :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%(( :%((
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby madamebovarry » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:27 am

R.I.P. beautiful Olivia, you are now in the Daivah's Paradise, with Ofra Haza, Raffaella Carrà, Irene Fargo....
madamebovarry
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 23 Feb 1969
Profession: dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: eurovision song contest beauty pageant lifeguards

Postby esperasave » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:02 am

INTELLECTUALLY BEAUTIFUL MISS UNIVERSE WE NEVER HAD.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:42 am

rip... such an icon! :%((
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby ARAYKOPO » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:09 am

DUBROVNIK wrote:.
She experienced business and personal setbacks in 1992. Koala Blue, a chain of boutique shops she operated with her onetime singing partner Pat Carroll, folded amid bankruptcy. She experienced a serious health scare when she was diagnosed with breast cancer; following a mastectomy, she became a high-profile spokesperson for cancer awareness, and established the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Victoria, Australia.

Following her Nashville return “Back With a Heart” (1998), Newton-John’s albums sold principally Down Under; a late exception was the 2012 Yuletide album “This Christmas,” a pairing with Travolta that reached No. 81 domestically.

She toured successfully with Aussie star John Farnham, and dueted with him at the opening ceremony of the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney. She continued to act, taking an unusual turn as a gay ex-con country singer in the feature “Sordid Lives” and its cable TV spinoff. After guesting as herself in 2010 on Fox’s hit “Glee,” a remake of “Physical” with the cast reached No. 89, becoming her first pop single to reach the chart in 12 years.

She returned to the road in the U.S. for a well-received 2017 trek.

Her family has requested donations be made in her memory to the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund (ONJFoundationFund.org).

She is survived by her husband, John Easterling; daughter Chloe Lattanzi; sister Sarah Newton-John; brother Toby Newton-John.
Nieces and nephews Tottie, Fiona and Brett Goldsmith; Emerson, Charlie, Zac, Jeremy, Randall, and Pierz Newton-John;
Jude Newton-Stock, Layla Lee; Kira and Tasha Edelstein; and Brin and Valerie Hall.

I can honestly say, she is the most beautiful singer i have even seen. She got it all, beauty, talent and heart. Her song "Magic" is my favorite She is a rare gem and her contribution in Tinseltown is remarkable because she made history with John Trabolta in the movie Grease. You wil be missed. RIP. :=p :=p :=p :=p
ARAYKOPO
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby Darna na Dyesebel pa » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:51 pm

This is a very sad story .
My mom just passed away and my sister died of breast cancer a few years ago .
I’m not surprised that she became an active high profile breast cancer awareness advocate . It’s a very debilitating and aggressive disease especially at the latter stages .
Once you’ve seen it happen to your love one you’ll be scared and I’m not surprised that Angelina Jolie subjected herself to double mastectomy as prevention even though she does not have cancer .
Angelina Jolie is a very strong willed person , she decided to have the ultimate thing to do for her not to have breast cancer.

Awareness is very important to fight breast cancer. Early detection is the key .
Every screening test that your doctor suggests ... do it .
That’s what I do .
Darna na Dyesebel pa

Real Life Name/Nick: Darna Dyesebel
Date of Birth: 27 Oct 2010
Profession: ==========
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: ==========

Postby Darna na Dyesebel pa » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:09 am

Breaking News !

Philippine athlete Lydia de Vega dies because of breast cancer.

https://sports.inquirer.net/473061/fili ... es-aged-57

Sprint legend Lydia de Vega dies aged 57
INQUIRER.net / 11:52 PM August 10, 2022

MANILA, Philippines–Filipino sports legend Lydia de Vega-Mercado has died after a battle with breast cancer. She was 57.
Her daughter Stephanie Mercado announced her mother’s death in a Facebook post late Wednesday.

“On behalf of our family, it is with absolute grief that I announce the death of my mother, Lydia De Vega this evening, August 10, 2022, at the Makati Medical Center. She fought the very good fight and is now at peace,” the post said.
De Vega was once the fastest woman in Asia, winning the 100-meter gold medal in the 1982 and 1986 Asian Games and ruling the sprint double in the Asian Athletics Championship in 1983 and 1987. She is also a nine-time Southeast Asian Games gold medalist.

Stephanie recently revealed that the sprint queen was in “very critical condition.”
De Vega underwent several procedures, including brain surgery, over the years since being diagnosed with the disease in 2018.

Her last public appearance was when she served as one of the Philippines’ flag bearers during the 2019 Southeast Asian Games opening ceremonies.

The Philippine Athletics Track and Field Association (Patafa) extended its condolences to the family of de Vega, who was one of the best athletes the country has ever produced.
“On behalf of the men and women of the Patafa, our deepest condolences and prayers to the family of the great Lydia de Vega. We lost one of our own, one of our best but her spirit will live on in our hearts,” said athletics chief Terry Capistrano.

Darna na Dyesebel pa

Real Life Name/Nick: Darna Dyesebel
Date of Birth: 27 Oct 2010
Profession: ==========
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: ==========

Return to GENERAL