Bollywood has more value than Miss Universe?

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Bollywood has more value than Miss Universe?

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue May 17, 2022 8:22 pm

Urvashi Rautela UNPLACED at Miss Universe 2015 and after being a judge at last year's Miss Universe competition, is seen at Cannes Film Festival walking the red carpet

Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Re: Bollywood has more value than Miss Universe?

Postby XAMURAI » Wed May 18, 2022 1:08 am

Damn,... it's a no brainer! BOLLYWOOD is a multi-billion business and the opportunities are endless! You are representing a market that is based in India, with more than ONE BILLION people! That's not to include Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka who are also huge Bollywood fans!
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Iknowbeauty » Wed May 18, 2022 1:14 am

XAMURAI wrote:Damn,... it's a no brainer! BOLLYWOOD is a multi-billion business and the opportunities are endless! You are representing a market that is based in India, with more than ONE BILLION people! That's not to include Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka who are also huge Bollywood fans!

And that is exactly my point. Has me questioning if pageants are still beneficial to Indian women as they may be for other countries. You don't need to win or enter pageants to make it in Bollywood. Sadly pageants seem to be turning into just another hurdle before making it into the film industry.
Iknowbeauty

Postby XAMURAI » Wed May 18, 2022 4:16 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:Damn,... it's a no brainer! BOLLYWOOD is a multi-billion business and the opportunities are endless! You are representing a market that is based in India, with more than ONE BILLION people! That's not to include Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka who are also huge Bollywood fans!

And that is exactly my point. Has me questioning if pageants are still beneficial to Indian women as they may be for other countries. You don't need to win or enter pageants to make it in Bollywood. Sadly pageants seem to be turning into just another hurdle before making it into the film industry.

In general, beauty pageants in India are not that lucrative anymore. I know of former Miss International and Miss Earth India winners who are now doing well in Bollywood despite not placing in their respective international pageant. Jhataleka and Sobhita, to name two! It's not really about the result that would matter anymore. In Bollywood, if you have the looks, the talent and the right attitude, you will make it big in the industry. However, it can't be denied that the Femina Miss India experience has helped paved the way for these ladies to earn a spot in Bollywood.

XAMURAI

Postby Iknowbeauty » Wed May 18, 2022 4:54 am

XAMURAI wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:

In general, beauty pageants in India are not that lucrative anymore. I know of former Miss International and Miss Earth India winners who are now doing well in Bollywood despite not placing in their respective international pageant. Jhataleka and Sobhita, to name two! It's not really about the result that would matter anymore. In Bollywood, if you have the looks, the talent and the right attitude, you will make it big in the industry. However, it can't be denied that the Femina Miss India experience has helped paved the way for these ladies to earn a spot in Bollywood.

I think for girls who want the whole pageant experience obviously pageants are for them, but for girls who are using pageants as stepping stool to be in Bollywood, I'd advice skip pageants & go straight to Bollywood. They've been conditioned to think this is way to do it because they are trying to follow the path of Lara, Sush, Aish, Priyanka but its not necessary these days at all. Going straight to Bollywood seems better option than some pageants like Miss Universe sadly, who seem to be holding on by a thread these days.
Iknowbeauty

Postby esperasave » Wed May 18, 2022 5:02 am

Miss Universe Org boxed their winners to be involved in Socio-economic issues of The World nowadays. Unlike MUO under Catalina SwimWear and Gulf + Pacific Winners in the past several decades ago, their Winners were being used for Commercials to sell Women products and Services so most of them became famous Actresses in Hollywood with Film and Television credits like Angela Visser, Margarette Gardner, Cecilia Bolocco etc. With Urvasi, she outsmarted The Winner Pia W. to use her talents, beauty and connections in Bollywood to gain ticket for Cannes entry with her film because she's not boxed in for any Socio-economic issues in her country. But if she could cross over to Hollywood, it would be a great achievement because the competition is so tight. She has to compete with hundreds of American born Actresses to be famous there. In fact, Gal Gadot was the pioneer in that premise to have a film credit in Hollywood with her successful movie worldwide. However, Urvasi has not penetrated the Hollywood market yet at this time for worldwide exposure.
Last edited by esperasave on Wed May 18, 2022 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby manoypoe » Wed May 18, 2022 5:05 am

I believe that this can be applied to all, not only in Bollywood.

Joining or competing in pageants will help in contestant's exposure and meeting connections for possible showbiz's foray.
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby XAMURAI » Wed May 18, 2022 6:17 am

Iknowbeauty wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
Iknowbeauty wrote:

I think for girls who want the whole pageant experience obviously pageants are for them, but for girls who are using pageants as stepping stool to be in Bollywood, I'd advice skip pageants & go straight to Bollywood. They've been conditioned to think this is way to do it because they are trying to follow the path of Lara, Sush, Aish, Priyanka but its not necessary these days at all. Going straight to Bollywood seems better option than some pageants like Miss Universe sadly, who seem to be holding on by a thread these days.

In the end, it's their choice. Just like in sports, there are those who preferred to go pro after high school, while there are those who would go into college/university before turning pro. Kobe Bryant came to my mind as someone from my generation who skipped college and moved to NBA straight from high school. It really depends on the priority and luck, as well. Some girls who became good Bollywood stars may have discovered their love for acting and being on the spotlight through pageantry. If they didn't try pageants, they probably would not have been scouted by Bollywood agents. I guess there's just no specific rule or formula for it for as long as the girl knows what she's doing and what she really wants to achieve.

XAMURAI

Postby ARAYKOPO » Wed May 18, 2022 8:11 am

esperasave wrote:Miss Universe Org boxed their winners to be involved in Socio-economic issues of The World nowadays. Unlike MUO under Catalina SwimWear and Gulf + Pacific Winners in the past several decades ago, their Winners were being used for Commercials to sell Women products and Services so most of them became famous Actresses in Hollywood with Film and Television credits like Angela Visser, Margarette Gardner, Cecilia Bolocco etc. With Urvasi, she outsmarted The Winner Pia W. to use her talents, beauty and connections in Bollywood to gain ticket for Cannes entry with her film because she's not boxed in for any Socio-economic issues in her country. But if she could cross over to Hollywood, it would be a great achievement because the competition is so tight. She has to compete with hundreds of American born Actresses to be famous there. In fact, Gal Gadot was the pioneer in that premise to have a film credit in Hollywood with her successful movie worldwide. However, Urvasi has not penetrated the Hollywood market yet at this time for worldwide exposure.

How is Urvashi outsmarted Pia? Just because she walked at the red carpet during Cannes Film Festival doesnt make her famous. There are several hundreds or even thousands of people who have walked in that carpet over the years, most are not even famous . What international movie did she make that became a hit? The last time i checked, she is still stuck in Bollywood doing low budget movies because she is a D-List actress. When she hit big in Hollywood, then you can say she outsmarted Pia because the later is also doing movies in the Philippines and she also has lots of endorsements under her wings. Pia could have been in Big Brothers, US verion had her schedule fit but she declined the invitation. To each her own and you do where it feels right.
ARAYKOPO
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed May 18, 2022 10:20 am

esperasave wrote:Miss Universe Org boxed their winners to be involved in Socio-economic issues of The World nowadays. Unlike MUO under Catalina SwimWear and Gulf + Pacific Winners in the past several decades ago, their Winners were being used for Commercials to sell Women products and Services so most of them became famous Actresses in Hollywood with Film and Television credits like Angela Visser, Margarette Gardner, Cecilia Bolocco etc. With Urvasi, she outsmarted The Winner Pia W. to use her talents, beauty and connections in Bollywood to gain ticket for Cannes entry with her film because she's not boxed in for any Socio-economic issues in her country. But if she could cross over to Hollywood, it would be a great achievement because the competition is so tight. She has to compete with hundreds of American born Actresses to be famous there. In fact, Gal Gadot was the pioneer in that premise to have a film credit in Hollywood with her successful movie worldwide. However, Urvasi has not penetrated the Hollywood market yet at this time for worldwide exposure.

"Losing is the New Winning"?

Logical or Illogical argument: Hollywood and Bollywood were the standard in finding a successful post-pageant career and claimed to be better career than actual pageant winners?

Like:
1. Halle Berry was more successful than Christy Fichtner and Giselle Laronde?
2. Aishwarya Rai was more successful than Sushmita Sen?
3. Priyanka Chopra was more successful than Lara Dutta?
4. Gal Gadot was more successful than Jennifer Hawkins?
5. Jacqueline Fernandez was more successful than Zuleyka Rivera?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby XAMURAI » Thu May 19, 2022 1:13 am

ajsy0203 wrote:

Logical or Illogical argument: Hollywood and Bollywood were the standard in finding a successful post-pageant career and claimed to be better career than actual pageant winners?

Like:

Bianca Manalo is more successful than all of her successors (except for Pia and Catriona) who placed well at Miss Universe.

XAMURAI

Postby LonFlores » Thu May 19, 2022 3:24 am

XAMURAI wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:

Like:

Bianca Manalo is more successful than all of her successors (except for Pia and Catriona) who placed well at Miss Universe.

Huh? Being the GF of politicians is successful?
LonFlores

Real Life Name/Nick: Lon Flores
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing

Postby FaruqHuda » Thu May 19, 2022 9:51 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:

Like:

Success is relative. Just because one ex-beauty queen earns less money or is less famous than another ex-beauty queen doesn't mean that the latter is not successful in what she does. As long as she is happy in what she does and she has no regrets, then that's success!
FaruqHuda

Real Life Name/Nick: FaruqHuda
Date of Birth: 25 Jul 2001
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Construction worker
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: working out, gaming, watching pageants, eating

Postby XAMURAI » Fri May 20, 2022 1:21 am

LonFlores wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:

Like:

Huh? Being the GF of politicians is successful?

Oh... So she just became the GF from out of the blue? She didn't become an actress prior to that? She didn't work hard straight from losing at Miss Universe to be where she is right now? Come on... don't be so shortsighted.

XAMURAI

Postby fortela » Fri May 20, 2022 3:45 am

WELL URVASHI WAS ALSO A MISS INDIA AND IM SURE THAT HELPED PUSH HER CAREERS..BEAUTY PAGEANTS HELP YOU GET NOTICED
fortela
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: ninen
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: paralegal
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: beauty pageants

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue May 24, 2022 8:13 pm

You go girl >=p

Iknowbeauty

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue May 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Iknowbeauty

Postby velvetsoul » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:38 pm

Urvashi was already a Bollywood starlet before she joined Miss Universe 2015 as she was previously crowned Miss Diva 2012 but was dethroned because she was underage. She was clearly able to capitalise on her Miss Universe stint to further her acting career. Bollywood is the biggest entertainment industry and a lot of Bollywood movies gets shown at Cannes Film Festival so it's only natural she'll get invited especially if her movie is being shown.
velvetsoul
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: ferdie salas santiago
Date of Birth: 11 Sep 1982
Profession: stylist/make-up artist
Hobbies/Interests: surfing the net,indulging myself into pageantry
Message: you don't know how much you've made my life complete.

Return to GENERAL