Catriona vs Vanessa+Mariem+Valeria+Clara (update)

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Catriona vs Vanessa+Mariem+Valeria+Clara (update)

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:29 am

In 2019 when most of the pageant fans compared Catriona's international trips against Vanessa Ponce, Mariem Velazco, Valeria Vazquez and Clara Sosa by using pictogram in comparing queens based on number of countries they visited during their reign. Some of pageant fans especially Indonesian pageant fans mocked Catriona as "jobless queen", "Miss Apartment", "Miss Starbucks" because she has the least number of countries visited during reign even Miss International 2018 Mariem Velazco booked lots of countries especially on Latin America countries.

But the "non-sense" comparison ended here.

I just read an blog from Sashes & Scripts today about the raising concerns of posting super sexy photos of several MUPh candidates when I read this one:
Her appeal then must be to a broader market, not just male audiences. This is specially true when there are major corporate sponsors of the pageant. Product promotions and endorsements by beauty pageant winners are a major cash cow for pageants. In 2019, it is rumored that the fee MUOrg charges to brands wanting get Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray to promote their product/ brand is on the 7-figure mark. And that’s in US dollars. So image is very important in these endorsements and a tainted/tarnished image not only affects the pageant’s reputation but also its financial bottom-line.

Source: https://sashesandscripts.wordpress.com/ ... pageantry/

As Tita Lavinia of Titas of Pageantry said on her vlog, Catriona's appearance fee is reportedly 10 times higher than Vanessa, Mariem, Valeria (most traveled queen) and Clara combined and their appearance fee was compared to a 1 piece Fried Chicken meal. So despite IMG allegedly mishandled Catriona's reign, Catriona was able to earn lots of money from endorsements and high appearance fees (except in Thailand when they waived her appearance fee) from her trips. She took the promise on helping her advocacy group Young Focus in providing better education.

Now after her reign was over, she continued to work in Young Focus by asking for donation like rice and online educational gadget during the pandemic, also she was named ambassador of DTI's OTOP and Philippine National Red Cross. She is also promoting her latest single for a cause. I felt she still reigned as Miss Universe but no sash and crown.

Now do you think Catriona Gray is still "jobless queen" as you claimed despite she worked hard even after her reign is over?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Catriona vs Vanessa+Mariem+Valeria+Clara (update)

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Previous Thread on Catriona vs Latina Queens
Fans of Latina Queens 2018 vs Catriona Gray+fans
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1710658

Hot Issue/Opinion: GROWING LATIN SNUB ON CATRIONA GRAY?
https://www.missosology.info/forum/view ... &t=1738540
https://heyadamgenato.wordpress.com/201 ... TR19pO3jJQ

Opinion: Why Do Some Quarters Diminish Catriona’s Reign?
https://www.missosology.info/forum/view ... &t=1733624
ajsy0203

Postby beautywatchnyc » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:10 pm

"IMG allegedly mishandled Catriona's reign." Said who? Has that been validated? Do you have factual bases in spreading this unverified information? Can you publish these verified claims if you have them documented and on records?
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:"IMG allegedly mishandled Catriona's reign." Said who? Has that been validated? Do you have factual bases in spreading this unverified information? Can you publish these verified claims if you have them documented and on records?

Some forumers and netizens claimed it because they accused MUO and IMG for not giving Catriona the opportunity to travel more countries during her reign, even what they did to Zozi right now (pre-pandemic).
ajsy0203

Postby mybadname » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:06 am

IMG is very clear on its directive: WE ARE EXPENSIVE. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. IF YOU CANNOT TAKE OUR PRICE THEN, IT IS A NO! LOL! Besides, I rather stay in America and collect BIG BUCKS, rather going to countries with no possible gain from the org. And who says Catriona stayed on her apartment only? They must be dreaming! Did they know that Cat's appearances in the Philippines is not in PESO but in US DOLLARS! Grrrrr! She has lots of commercials just like what happened to Pia!
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 am

When you say "GROWING LATIN SNUB ON CATRIONA GRAY" means insecurity.
admit it or not, Philippines is now a powerhouse of beauty together with Venezuela and USA.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:19 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:"IMG allegedly mishandled Catriona's reign." Said who? Has that been validated? Do you have factual bases in spreading this unverified information? Can you publish these verified claims if you have them documented and on records?

Some forumers and netizens claimed it because they accused MUO and IMG for not giving Catriona the opportunity to travel more countries during her reign, even what they did to Zozi right now (pre-pandemic).

Bring it on Ajsy0203. "Some forumers and netizens claimed"; and so you arrogated upon yourself the task of being their mouthpiece when nothing of that has been verified and confirmed? Why do you believe when it is so easy for others to say that; when its clear you have no personal knowledge of what you are talking about. Nakikinig ka at gusto mo pang marinig, di ba tsismis yan? Puhlezzzz!! Kasapi ka ba roon ng mahilig magkaat ng fake news para me mapagusapan lang?
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:39 am

mybadname wrote:IMG is very clear on its directive: WE ARE EXPENSIVE. TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT. IF YOU CANNOT TAKE OUR PRICE THEN, IT IS A NO! LOL! Besides, I rather stay in America and collect BIG BUCKS, rather going to countries with no possible gain from the org. And who says Catriona stayed on her apartment only? They must be dreaming! Did they know that Cat's appearances in the Philippines is not in PESO but in US DOLLARS! Grrrrr! She has lots of commercials just like what happened to Pia!

I just only summarized what happened after Catriona's reign was over because lots of pageant fans especially Indonesian pageant fans mocked Catriona during her reign. Even one of the forumers who was related to a pageant organization defended their queen because the national directors has the right to invite her.
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:

Bring it on Ajsy0203. "Some forumers and netizens claimed"; and so you arrogated upon yourself the task of being their mouthpiece when nothing of that has been verified and confirmed? Why do you believe when it is so easy for others to say that; when its clear you have no personal knowledge of what you are talking about. Nakikinig ka at gusto mo pang marinig, di ba tsismis yan? Puhlezzzz!! Kasapi ka ba roon ng mahilig magkaat ng fake news para me mapagusapan lang?

1. Comparing each queens' number of countries visit during their reign. Surprisingly Mariem visited more countries than Catriona. Some pageant fanpage "proclaimed" that Valeria was the "most traveled queen" during her reign.
2. Miss Gwand Thailand 2019 winner Coco Arayha posted the digitally altered photo of Catriona and pitted Clara Sosa as "Fat and Fit". Even Nawat defended Coco and advised Catriona to slim down.
3. Fake news about Thai Royalty invited Miss World 2018 Vanessa Ponce to King Vajiralongkorn's coronation. Some Latino fans mocked Catriona because the Thai Royal family allegedly not invited her to the royal coronation ceremony despite Princess Sirivannavari (daughter of the current king) was one of the sponsors of Miss Universe 2018 and even Catriona visited the princess after the pageant night. In the end the invitation was proven as a hoax.

These factors led to some pageant fans accused Catriona as "Jobless Queen", "Miss Apartment;", "Miss Starbucks", etc. and MUO & IMG for "mishandling" their queens. But as you know Catriona earned lots of money thru endorsements and donations that supported her advocacy.
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:55 am

Additional Sources:
Seriously? (Comparison of 2018 queens based on number of countries visited)
https://missosology.info/forum/viewtopi ... &t=1731290

MU2018 Catriona Gray answered back about lack of intl. trips
As Miss Universe, I'm the ambassador of an org who's mission isn't to visit as many countries as possible in a year but to be a charitable spokesperson and brand ambassador. I feel validated through the cause work that I do - I would rather count lives impacted, than passport stamps.

https://missosology.info/forum/viewtopi ... &t=1716301
ajsy0203

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:52 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Additional Sources:
Seriously? (Comparison of 2018 queens based on number of countries visited)
https://missosology.info/forum/viewtopi ... &t=1731290

MU2018 Catriona Gray answered back about lack of intl. trips
As Miss Universe, I'm the ambassador of an org who's mission isn't to visit as many countries as possible in a year but to be a charitable spokesperson and brand ambassador. I feel validated through the cause work that I do - I would rather count lives impacted, than passport stamps.

https://missosology.info/forum/viewtopi ... &t=1716301

Seriously, what do you believe in? Affected with what these kindred have to say? It's either you are too naive to jump into the bandwagon and process the tsimis hook line and sinker or merely kissing ass as to be an apologist of what people from other countries have to say about Catriona. Why do you allow yourself to be carried on or become the sounding board when you have no solid proof or foolproof documented evidence to back up your story. Sabi nila ganyan, sabi ng iba ganito, wala ka bang sariling paniwala at paninindigan. Are you proud of yourself doing that? If the answer is yes, that tells us the kind you are! If the answer is no, spill it out but support your stand with solid proof. There can't be a middle ground! Give us a true sense of self. If otherwise, you are no better and worse than a slapstick!
beautywatchnyc

Postby Mariana Erwin » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:45 am

What I think IMG needs to do is to make their queen travel more. If I'm not mistaken, Pia travelled more than Catriona (sadly), and I do believe that in this case, the MUO should be an independent company, not relying on any mother organization that can ruin it either by terms of its production, or how they treat the girls. I want them to be an independent organization without any reliance on a conglomerate, although I admire IMG's vision on this organization.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby beautywatchnyc » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:02 am

The hard truth stares at us straight in the face. Pia's time was no similar during the time of Catriona. Situations around them have changed. Or, perhaps the priorities changed alongside the demands of time. Is it fair play to compare what places either of them have visited? No one is privy to how much, or in terms of added value, each of them had contributed to the organization's coffers. People easily fall prey to the fallacy of comparison.
beautywatchnyc

Postby rockondude » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Can you people just STOP been so insecure about Catriona like honestly this is not a good look. Is been two years and people are still bitching. You guys got your queen enjoy her who cares what other people think about her. The one true statement that comes out of this is that IMG has completely mishandle the Miss universe pageant i{m surprise they still own it.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
rockondude

Real Life Name/Nick: julian
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1985
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: i like to go to the gym
Message: There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

Postby GlennLRehnan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:52 am

#1 IMG IS *NOT* A TRAVEL AGENCY NOR AN AIRLINE.

#2 MISS UNIVERSE IS NEITHER A FLIGHT ATTENDANT NOR A TOURISM MINISTER.

#3 HER JOB IS TO PERFORM WHATEVER HER EMPLOYER DIRECTS HER TO DO, WHICH MIGHT *NOT* NECESSARILY INVOLVE WORK OUTSIDE THE U.S.

#4 HER JOB IS *NOT* TO TRAVEL THE WORLD. WHATEVER TRAVEL SHE DOES IS ONLY INCIDENTAL TO #3 ABOVE.

DUH.
GlennLRehnan
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Glenn
Date of Birth: 09 Jan 1979
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Grad student
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:50 am

It's as simple as this...

National organizations have budgets. And yes, they have tried to invite past Miss Universe winners to their respective national pageant and paid huge amount to IMG. If it was worth it, then they would have invited the succeeding winners again. If it was not worth it, then they would stop inviting and spending such huge amount of money.

Miss International had been invited several times by national organizations but there was no one, back then, who could do the proper negotiation. It all changed when I entered into the organization, that's why we had several trips for Mariem (at least three of them got refused by Mariem because they were in conflict with her studies and graduation of her sister). The first refusal always lies on our queen. Bint would have traveled to a lot of countries too if not for the Covid19, but she is very much visible and active in her home country as a uniting figure for all Thais.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Jon A » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 pm

MUO does charge appearance fees but these are NOT 7 figure amounts. Even the hosting fee for Miss Universe in reality is closer to $7-10 M (although the asking is $15M).

As a fact in point, the appearance fee charged for Miss Universe to appear at a national crowning is $10,000 (this is a verified fact based on India). Any additional appearances probably also are the same.

Catriona probably did earn 7 figure amounts for her various endorsements of which I am sure MUO took a hefty cut.

Her appearances / lack of (however one may construe it) is almost entirely a reflection of the ORGANIZATION and not her. I do not believe that from year to year any one queen is more or less in demand - since the international entities that tend to request/pay for appearances are typically looking for an appearance by a Miss UNIVERSE or a Miss WORLD rather than specifically Cat or Demi Leigh or whoever. Of course the one variable is the country the winner comes from and the extent that home based brands or expatriate communities are interested in the winner - so for example Manunish Chhillar got a lot of requests in India and with Indian diaspora, ditto for Catriona in Philippines and places like Dubai.

MWO also charges similar fees but typically will offset the contributions via charitable donations or by donating the contributions to charities domestically since it is a philanthropic organization.
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby Sapphire » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:15 am

It was very evident the entire year that Catriona was just making $$$ and to be fair, she still travelled a LOT within the United States or just back and forth to the Philippines. But now, she's set for the future whereas unfortunately like many international queens, the rest of them will just be forgotten. I hope Vanessa has a successful career though, she's a superstar!
Sapphire

Real Life Name/Nick: Ess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: Estudiante
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:21 pm

Catriona: A Most Successful Post-Pageant Career

https://sashesandscripts.wordpress.com/ ... t-careers/

Unless you provided the bigger projects/endorsements of Vanessa, Mariem, Valeria and Clara in their post-reign, then this article is meaningless?
ajsy0203

Postby poker_man » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:35 pm

Let's face it, Catriona was the most hyped Miss Universe candidate and winner in the IMG era, so pageant fans expected a lot. Pinoy fans thought that she was going to make waves internationally, but it did not happen. Sad to say, her reigning year was the blandest of all, it's not about the travel but it just felt like she wasn't an active Miss Universe. Even Pinoys grew tired of her and it hasn't even been a year since she relinquished her crown. She was pretty much all hype and no appeal.
poker_man

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:46 am

Looking back, I think it's a classic example of REALITY vs EXPECTATIONS... and when the fans' expectations were not met, they blamed the other orgs or would downplay the efforts of other pageant orgs in order to cover up their disappointment.

poker_man wrote:Let's face it, Catriona was the most hyped Miss Universe candidate and winner in the IMG era, so pageant fans expected a lot. Pinoy fans thought that she was going to make waves internationally, but it did not happen. Sad to say, her reigning year was the blandest of all, it's not about the travel but it just felt like she wasn't an active Miss Universe. Even Pinoys grew tired of her and it hasn't even been a year since she relinquished her crown. She was pretty much all hype and no appeal.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby meenakshit chaudhary » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:10 am

Wow! Even up to this day, Catriona continues to travel worldwide with appearance fees worth millions of dollars. Meanwhile, Mariem, Valeria and Clara must be staying in their homes without definite source of income while Vanessa gets covid-19 in Puerto Rico.
meenakshit chaudhary
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: shit
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Profession: model
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: boys and men

Postby ARAYKOPO » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:58 am

SABA MO DIHA, MGA BAHU MUG BILAT! >:) >:)
ARAYKOPO

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: I.T.
Hobbies/Interests: sports

Return to GENERAL