WATCH: Beauty Talks with MW 2015 Mireia Lalaguna

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

WATCH: Beauty Talks with MW 2015 Mireia Lalaguna

Postby HARAYA » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:54 am

Spain's first Miss World winner Mireia Lalaguna opens up in this must-watch Beauty Talks with Missosology. She even gamely answered the same question she asked Catriona Gray in the Miss World 2016 finals!

[youtube]RtO9Ir0QifY[/youtube]

HARAYA.

HARAYA
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER | Team PG Season 5 CHAMPION

Re: WATCH: Beauty Talks with MW 2015 Mireia Lalaguna

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:57 am

After talking with Mireia, I realize why she became Miss World 2015 despite being an unpopular choice. She's very charming, humble and easy to talk to without being over the top. She is very relatable and has a good Spanish sense of humor. And her revelations made even more convinced why Catriona did not get Julia's nod for the crown.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby renegade » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:11 am

XAMURAI wrote:After talking with Mireia, I realize why she became Miss World 2015 despite being an unpopular choice. She's very charming, humble and easy to talk to without being over the top. She is very relatable and has a good Spanish sense of humor. And her revelations made even more convinced why Catriona did not get Julia's nod for the crown.

Ang cute ni Stephen
"OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS..." ---MATTHEW 12:34

IF LOVE IS YOUR WEAKNESS, THEN YOU ARE THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE WORLD...
renegade
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 08 Aug 1988
Profession: full-time lover
Hobbies/Interests: ANYTHING UNDER THE SUN FOR AS LONG AS I'M WITH U..

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:35 am

renegade wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:After talking with Mireia, I realize why she became Miss World 2015 despite being an unpopular choice. She's very charming, humble and easy to talk to without being over the top. She is very relatable and has a good Spanish sense of humor. And her revelations made even more convinced why Catriona did not get Julia's nod for the crown.

Ang cute ni Stephen

=;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

Thank you.. :-*

But to be honest, this has got to be my worst look in the Beauty Talks series.
We actually thought that we would just cancel it because two of our regulars got problems with the internet connection (hello PLDT!!!)
So we started really late... around 12:30 past midnight in Japan!!! Before we started, I was already sleepy (I normally sleep at around 10:45 PM) .. I looked like a zombie. My face was so oily... But, the show must go on and we did!

Thankfully, Phil came to "phil" in! Thank you DOPE!!! So we were able to pull it through. Mireia was fun to talk to so I did not feel sleepy as we progressed...

XAMURAI

Postby mybadname » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:01 am

After watching the interview, im still convinced that Julia played favorites in selecting winners. But Mereia is such a bubbly personality. That personality made her win Miss world.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Jon A » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:52 pm

This may be my favorite of all the Beauty Talks so far! Not that Mireia was better than the others (all are amazing in their own ways) was but because unlike most of the others we have seen so far, she is the winner we know the least of - so it was really a wonderful insight into her personality. Can I just say that I ADORED how she always answered the questions, while still being diplomatic!

I was blown away - first of all, thanks to the moderators for a great job! + it was lovely to see you!

Mireia was so natural, poised, charming. She is right that all MWs have a similar aura. Like every winner I have encountered she was natural, down to earth and genuinely aware of and conscious of her responsibility to make a difference in the world. It was not forced, or fake but came from a. place deep down. Plus she had zero airs, in a genuine way - it wasn't the acquired or fake humility we sometimes see. It was easy to see why she became Miss World, after spending years pining for Valerie About-Chacra.

I will also let you in on a "secret" - I watched MW 2016 (my seat mate was actually Cory Quirino, who is a friend) and spent a lot of time with the girls there....so between her, Ksenia, Stephanie, Azra, Megan and Catriona -- it was a close up view and interaction with multiple MW/Miss Universe winners. And let me tell you that Mireia is by a LONG margin, the most beautiful of all in person. Something about photographs and videos doesn't do her justice. Maybe it is because you don't get a sense of how tall and imposing she is. But in person, she just blew everyone away, so much so that when we saw her, we (and we were not on her bandwagon before!) felt that she must have been the presumptive winner from the minute she set foot in China.

I for one therefore, am happy that everyone got to see this absolutely wonderful woman up close!
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby Jon A » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:03 pm

mybadname wrote:After watching the interview, im still convinced that Julia played favorites in selecting winners. But Mereia is such a bubbly personality. That personality made her win Miss world.

For sure! I think Julia has a HUGE say, and why not? It is her contest, her legacy and she works most closely with the new queen. What is important is that people appreciate that she makes no calculus other than who she feels is best suited to the job, and although her influence is outsize, she treats every girl with an equal chance. The second is that while people criticize MW for "predetermined winners" - they have never made a secret of the fact that the girls are judged from the minute they enter the contest -- the entire month is a long judging process and one of the reasons why it is so long. The finale is only used to break the tie between 5-6 girls who they consider equally worthy. I believe it is the case with all competitions to be honest....otherwise there is no way someone like Zozi would have entered the top 5 with that body and presentation.
Jon A

Postby Stoichio » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:40 pm

Jon A wrote:
mybadname wrote:After watching the interview, im still convinced that Julia played favorites in selecting winners. But Mereia is such a bubbly personality. That personality made her win Miss world.

For sure! I think Julia has a HUGE say, and why not? It is her contest, her legacy and she works most closely with the new queen. What is important is that people appreciate that she makes no calculus other than who she feels is best suited to the job, and although her influence is outsize, she treats every girl with an equal chance. The second is that while people criticize MW for "predetermined winners" - they have never made a secret of the fact that the girls are judged from the minute they enter the contest -- the entire month is a long judging process and one of the reasons why it is so long. The finale is only used to break the tie between 5-6 girls who they consider equally worthy. I believe it is the case with all competitions to be honest....otherwise there is no way someone like Zozi would have entered the top 5 with that body and presentation.

I don’t have a problem with Julia having a huge say on who will win.

The real problem of Miss World is that it is very easy for them to let a former British colony or territory win the crown. Looking at all the winners in history of MW, more than 50% of these winners are ither from UK or former British colonies. What’s funny is that a lot of these British colonies don’t do that good in other pageants (LOL), which makes them obviously fishy.

Another perfect example is the reigning MW (who is probably the ugliest winner in history of Miss World). In the past, when they had contestants who were as good or even better singers and at the sane time, MUCH, MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL, it was hard for Julia to make them win because they have no relation or whatsoever to UK. In short, these girls did not come from any of UK’s colonies.

In the last 4 years, they were crowing average looking Winners so they will have a valid reason to finally crown Indonesia (despite sending average and below average girls). Indonesia, like China is pouring money to the org in exchange of a crown 8-} .
Also, Julia knows that Indonesia will have hard time advancing or winning the crown coz of the quality of beauty of Indonesian girls, that’s why she created the BWAP as a fasttrack to give Indonesia a reason to place LOL. See, since the BWAP became a fast track, Indonesia would always win that fast track =;)) =;)) =;))
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby XAMURAI » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:52 am

Stoichio wrote:
Jon A wrote:

I don’t have a problem with Julia having a huge say on who will win.

The real problem of Miss World is that it is very easy for them to let a former British colony or territory win the crown. Looking at all the winners in history of MW, more than 50% of these winners are ither from UK or former British colonies. What’s funny is that a lot of these British colonies don’t do that good in other pageants (LOL), which makes them obviously fishy.

Another perfect example is the reigning MW (who is probably the ugliest winner in history of Miss World). In the past, when they had contestants who were as good or even better singers and at the sane time, MUCH, MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL, it was hard for Julia to make them win because they have no relation or whatsoever to UK. In short, these girls did not come from any of UK’s colonies.

In the last 4 years, they were crowing average looking Winners so they will have a valid reason to finally crown Indonesia (despite sending average and below average girls). Indonesia, like China is pouring money to the org in exchange of a crown 8-} .
Also, Julia knows that Indonesia will have hard time advancing or winning the crown coz of the quality of beauty of Indonesian girls, that’s why she created the BWAP as a fasttrack to give Indonesia a reason to place LOL. See, since the BWAP became a fast track, Indonesia would always win that fast track =;)) =;)) =;))

Hi Stoicho... Sorry but there were a few points that I felt like I should pin point and I just could not let it pass until I get them off my chest.

Former British colonies as winners of MW is not an issue. Well, we can say the same with Miss Universe for crowning former Spanish/Portuguese territories (7 Venezuela, 5 Puerto Rico, 4 Philippines, 2 Colombia, 2 Mexico, 2 Brazil, 1 Angola, 1 Peru, 1 Chile, 1 Argentina, 1 Panama, 1 Dominican Republic, etc..) In fact, we can't blame MWO for crowning former British territories in the early years because those countries/territories comprised the majority of the roster of contestants.

Yes, I agree that some better singers and more beautiful delegates get ignored in MW, but as what Mireia said, it's the MW aura that they probably lacked, which prevented them from winning the crown. Like for example, Catriona Gray. The perfect one - well, at least to us Filipinos. Proof of which was me spending a lot of money just to cover the pageant in the US that year, thinking that I was so sure that she's gonna win. However, like what we probably didn't know, the MWO did not feel the chemistry of working with Catriona for a year, so instead, they had Stephanie as the winner.

I also have to disagree when you say that MW has crowned average winners in the last four years. Stephanie was stunning! Have you met her in person? She's a doll! Vanessa Ponce was stunning!!! Manushi was just okay, but not totally unfortunate looking. Toni needs a lot of justification, but well, we both know who was the most bashed Big4 winner these past four years, right? So I think we just need to accept that beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

By the way, the BWAP was not created for Indonesia. Remember how Carlene lost to Korea in 2005? The BWAP is something that the Indonesians have somehow perfected, so we cannot blame them for winning it almost every year. Nepal also do great in that category! Less we forget, it's like those years when we perfected winning the Miss Photogenic award of Miss Universe, until the MUO just stopped doing the online voting. So, if we credit the BWAP as the only reason for Indonesia to place high in Miss World, then how can we justify Miss Earth's heavy emphasis on "brains" which gave the PH a crown three times in a span of four years?

What I am trying to say is, Miss World, just like Miss Earth or my org Miss International, is just a pageant with winners that always fit a certain mold. There were years when I was so mad at MW because of their inconsistency and the way they made the Philippines looked bad (especially in 2005). But now that I am involved with a reputable pageant organization, I realize that no matter what we do, and how transparent we try to be, there will always be people who will find something wrong with the pageant. In our case, MI will always live under the shadow of being the only major pageant without an African winner. People will always accuse us for being "racist" and against black...

Anyway... going back to Mireia, despite my disappointment with the result in 2015, I find myself corrected for underestimating her. She's indeed a great winner. She's a wonderful person, and from physical point of view, I think she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in person! She's a living mannequin!

XAMURAI

Postby the critic » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:46 pm

MY FAVORITES IN 2015 WERE VALERIE ABU CHACRA (LEBANON) AND SOFIA NIKITCHUK (RUSSIA). I WAS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT LEBANON WOULD WIN WHEN SHE WAS LEFT ON STAGE WITH SPAIN AND JAMAICA.

I DID RECOGNIZE MIREIA'S BEAUTY AND STRONG PRESENCE BUT AT THE TIME I DIDN'T THINK SHE POSSESED THAT SOFT, DEMURE AURA OF MWS BEFORE HER BUT AFTER WATCHING THIS INTERVIEW I SEE HOW SHE WOULD HAVE CONNECTED WITH THE JUDGES AND WIN. SHE HAS THIS GENUINE AND WARM PERSONALITY.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:47 am

the critic wrote:MY FAVORITES IN 2015 WERE VALERIE ABU CHACRA (LEBANON) AND SOFIA NIKITCHUK (RUSSIA). I WAS ALMOST CERTAIN THAT LEBANON WOULD WIN WHEN SHE WAS LEFT ON STAGE WITH SPAIN AND JAMAICA.

I DID RECOGNIZE MIREIA'S BEAUTY AND STRONG PRESENCE BUT AT THE TIME I DIDN'T THINK SHE POSSESED THAT SOFT, DEMURE AURA OF MWS BEFORE HER BUT AFTER WATCHING THIS INTERVIEW I SEE HOW SHE WOULD HAVE CONNECTED WITH THE JUDGES AND WIN. SHE HAS THIS GENUINE AND WARM PERSONALITY.

:=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p :=p

XAMURAI

Postby Jon A » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:17 pm

I also want to challenge this notion of former British colonies being unduly favored.... first off it is a bit misleading because at its peak, a very very large part of the world outside Europe was part of the British empire....so the odds of this happening are kind of higher than most other things. It's one thing if there is disproportionate winning from the Commonwealth or the UK, but that is hardly the case.

Even discounting that....let's look at the Julia era....

2002 - Turkey
2003 - Ireland
2004 - Peru
2005 - Iceland
2006 - Czech Rep
2007 - China
2008 - Russia
2011 - Venezuela
2012 - China
2013 - Philippines
2015 - Spain
2016 - PR
2018 - Mexico

That's not so bad....I think a lot countries have a chance....
Jon A

Postby Sapphire » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 am

I still think Lebanon should have won, but from this interview, you can kind of tell why she won, and I guess as observers on the internet, we just never really know what they're like unless we're there.
Sapphire
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1990
Profession: Estudiante
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Return to GENERAL