WATCH: Beauty Talks with Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

WATCH: Beauty Talks with Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco

Postby HARAYA » Sun May 31, 2020 5:03 am

Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco shows off her fun side in this exclusive interview with Missosology! Know more about her most memorable moments as a former Bb Pilipinas candidate to finally transitioning to Miss Earth and the secrets to winning the crown! She also shares how she handles criticisms as well as some tips on how to face the dreaded Q&A portion. You don’t wanna miss this!'

HARAYA.

HARAYA
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Drew
Date of Birth: 16 Sep 1989
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Editor
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: Prediction Games Season 2 HALL OF FAMER | Team PG Season 5 CHAMPION

Re: WATCH: Beauty Talks with Miss Earth 2017 Karen Ibasco

Postby manoypoe » Sun May 31, 2020 2:54 pm

One of the most intelligent Queens. It is always a joy watching her interview. She made an excellent answer regarding a beauty queen must have a 'good mind'. How I wish she spoke in straight English so that other nationalities can understand her better. :=p :=p
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:43 am

i love karen... if only she did not have another important interview afterwards, we could have gone forever just talking about anything! but we had to give her time and space to prepare for that one too. and the little girl who just popped up from out of nowhere was sooooo cute! hihihihi.. :-*
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm

quelab22 wrote:Once Karen opened her mouth.... everybody will listen... she is the type of queen that while she kept on talking she is becoming more beautiful...

Agree on this. She is one of the few queens I love to listen. I love how she answers with so much positivity. Some people will realize that later on that she is one of most special Queens. Other more beautiful may fade away in the background, but Karen will keep on soaring. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:39 pm

XAMURAI wrote:i love karen... if only she did not have another important interview afterwards, we could have gone forever just talking about anything! but we had to give her time and space to prepare for that one too. and the little girl who just popped up from out of nowhere was sooooo cute! hihihihi.. :-*

Which another interview she was going to? That little girl popping out was indeed cute.
manoypoe

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:26 am

manoypoe wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:i love karen... if only she did not have another important interview afterwards, we could have gone forever just talking about anything! but we had to give her time and space to prepare for that one too. and the little girl who just popped up from out of nowhere was sooooo cute! hihihihi.. :-*

Which another interview she was going to? That little girl popping out was indeed cute.

Our interview is always recorded. It's never LIVE. And we started at around 4:30 PM in Manila and ended atnearly 6:00 PM. Karen had a scheduled LIVE interview with a different group from 7:00 PM that same day. We wanted to air this interview before her LIVE would start so we had to wrap things up. Unfortunately we were not able to post it on time, and just decided to have it "premiered" later that night.

XAMURAI

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:14 am

I don't normally finish watching interviews na mahahaba but this time talagang tinapos ko sya kasi ang sarap nyang pakinggan. Of all the things she said there is one thing I am most intrigued about and I was hoping the interviewers pursued that topic. It was about her make-up during the final night of Miss Earth. I think she was ready to tell the stories but I wonder why the three interviewers seemed not interested. I remember her look during the final night was the most heavily bashed part of her win. Parang interesting sanang mapag-usapan yon.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:50 am

Geeyourhair wrote:I don't normally finish watching interviews na mahahaba but this time talagang tinapos ko sya kasi ang sarap nyang pakinggan. Of all the things she said there is one thing I am most intrigued about and I was hoping the interviewers pursued that topic. It was about her make-up during the final night of Miss Earth. I think she was ready to tell the stories but I wonder why the three interviewers seemed not interested. I remember her look during the final night was the most heavily bashed part of her win. Parang interesting sanang mapag-usapan yon.

Hi Gio! Is that you? ;/))

I have to be honest. I was NOT interested about her make up during the final night. And I did not want to go back to why people bashed her. She won not because of the make-up, and although there were those who bashed her for that, I convinced more than ever that Karen won because of her brain. That's the reason why, as an observer, the story about the make up did not matter.

But speaking of make-up, I would be more interested to talk about it if it's really good! Like the one during the interview. It's on point. That's what I was able to mention it.

XAMURAI

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Much appreciated for giving Karen another chance to tackle spontaneous Q&A that bares her strength in public speaking. I don't pay attention at trivial replies because some of the questions thrown at her weren't intellectually stimulating. It's feels good that Karen has transitioned and articulated credible answers where other queens her age may probably buckle under the pressure. Her aura permeates as she fires back a reply. Queen Karen's confidence is noticeable all throughout the interview.
Kudos!
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:56 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:I don't normally finish watching interviews na mahahaba but this time talagang tinapos ko sya kasi ang sarap nyang pakinggan. Of all the things she said there is one thing I am most intrigued about and I was hoping the interviewers pursued that topic. It was about her make-up during the final night of Miss Earth. I think she was ready to tell the stories but I wonder why the three interviewers seemed not interested. I remember her look during the final night was the most heavily bashed part of her win. Parang interesting sanang mapag-usapan yon.

I have to be honest. I was NOT interested about her make up during the final night. And I did not want to go back to why people bashed her. She won not because of the make-up, and although there were those who bashed her for that, I convinced more than ever that Karen won because of her brain. That's the reason why, as an observer, the story about the make up did not matter.

But speaking of make-up, I would be more interested to talk about it if it's really good! Like the one during the interview. It's on point. That's what I was able to mention it.

First of all I am not Gio :-O (sino ba yan?)

Yon na nga...you should have asked that part because she seems to be very game with tackling that topic...natatawa pa nga siya eh. Looks like she is insinuating that someone is sabotaging her final night looks or maybe she was doing it by herself? Shallow topic lang naman ang make-up pero her willingness to share her stories about that really means how cool she is when it comes to harsh criticisms about her looks. That is one of the things I admire about her really. Mas nasasaktan ang mga ME fans sa mga batikos sa kanya eh siya wala lang pala.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby manoypoe » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:57 pm

Geeyourhair wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:

First of all I am not Gio :-O (sino ba yan?)

Yon na nga...you should have asked that part because she seems to be very game with tackling that topic...natatawa pa nga siya eh. Looks like she is insinuating that someone is sabotaging her final night looks or maybe she was doing it by herself? Shallow topic lang naman ang make-up pero her willingness to share her stories about that really means how cool she is when it comes to harsh criticisms about her looks. That is one of the things I admire about her really. Mas nasasaktan ang mga ME fans sa mga batikos sa kanya eh siya wala lang pala.

She is a very strong woman, very confident of herself. After all, she wont achieve whatever she has right now if she is a weaker specie of a woman. I think she has no insecurities or even if she has, she masters the art of hiding them. I really like her positivity and the way she answers any questions thrown at her. Amongst all beauty queens, she is the one I am more than willing to hear what she has to say. I always look forward to her interviews.
manoypoe

Postby Handsama » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:14 am

Did I hear someone say make-up? ;,)

Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:45 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
Much appreciated for giving Karen another chance to tackle spontaneous Q&A that bares her strength in public speaking. I don't pay attention at trivial replies because some of the questions thrown at her weren't intellectually stimulating. It's feels good that Karen has transitioned and articulated credible answers where other queens her age may probably buckle under the pressure. Her aura permeates as she fires back a reply. Queen Karen's confidence is noticeable all throughout the interview.
Kudos!

Being able to pay attention to the most minute/trivial detail of an interview is actually intellectually stimulating. That's where you get to know the real personality. Checking how a person reacts to petty questions or how can that person expound it is a technique done by a lot of smart interviewers (be it in a show or job interview).
Intellectually stimulating answers that sprout from "difficult" questions could sometimes take away the proper evaluation of a person's real ability to respond to normal situations. I am glad that Karen was able to handle BOTH difficult and petty questions with ease and candidness. That's the woman who won the crown, and that's the real her.

XAMURAI

Postby JustinSky » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:55 am

She already gave a hint about her make up during the finals. She already mentioned it in her interview with an indonesian vlogger she the MUA sabotaged her look that night and until now that mua never apologized or gave an explanation to her even when they see each other.
JustinSky
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 07 Jul 1998
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Marketing Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling

Postby manoypoe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:41 am

Handsama wrote:Did I hear someone say make-up? ;,)

She has resemblance with Miss World Phils 1992 Marina Benipayo.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:09 am

She has one of the best speaking voices. I really love when she speaks. She looks great in these two videos. Fresh looking.

Handsama wrote:

Last edited by manoypoe on Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
manoypoe

Postby mybadname » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:07 pm

Such a spontaneous speaker, be it in Filipino or in English. No wonder Miss Earth Org loved her. I actually like the way the interviewer threw questions to her. I like the petty questions because these things show a person's personality.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby Rendezvouz » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:48 am

Loved the interview and I appreciated Karen more after watching this. We all know she is a good speaker so I don't think she still needs to prove that she can answer "intellectually stimulating" questions. I loved the trivial, casual questions because we got to know more of Karen beyond pageantry. Kudos to Missosology! =c3
Rendezvouz

Date of Birth: 25 Dec 1990
Profession: Dreamer
Hobbies/Interests: Daydreaming

Postby ajsy0203 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:39 am

Possibly score perfect 10 in the Is she intelligent for Queen of the Decade game had she made it to the Top 20.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby carlosebastienne » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:59 am

A true queen! :-*
carlosebastienne

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Studying

Postby manoypoe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:47 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:Possibly score perfect 10 in the Is she intelligent for Queen of the Decade game had she made it to the Top 20.

I would score her perfect 10 in Intelligence. :=p :=p =D> =D>
manoypoe

Postby hinata12 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:14 am

Does anyone else hate Asian candidates putting Latin songs for their social media posts?...
hinata12

Profession: student

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:20 pm

hinata12 wrote:

CACF35_gWI-[/ig]

Does anyone else hate Asian candidates putting Latin songs for their social media posts?...

Not really. Why should there be hate? Latin songs are famous nowadays, and really sound good and upbeat. They give good moods to the whoever hears them.
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:21 pm

Here is another video showing her natural beauty without make up. Swipe to see her in motion.

manoypoe

Postby hinata12 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:27 pm

manoypoe wrote:
hinata12 wrote:

CACF35_gWI-[/ig]

Not really. Why should there be hate? Latin songs are famous nowadays, and really sound good and upbeat. They give good moods to the whoever hears them.

Actually only Filipinas and Indonesians use Latin songs... they are trying so hard to have the Latin flavor...
hinata12

Profession: student

Postby manoypoe » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:14 pm

hinata12 wrote:
manoypoe wrote:
hinata12 wrote:

CACF35_gWI-[/ig]

Actually only Filipinas and Indonesians use Latin songs... they are trying so hard to have the Latin flavor...

Music is universal and Filipinos, in particular, love music no matter where the origin is. We just don't love Latin songs, but many are crazy about Kpop and English songs. Is it a bad thing? Aren't you happy that your songs are famous worldwide?
manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:03 pm

This is long post~~~~ Everyone knows how much I treasure education so I was touched when I saw the photo (photo courtesy of John Mico Tan swipe) of Nanay Emma giving her grandson a cellphone so that he can do online classes this coming school year. Mind you, Nanay Emma saved her money from selling vegetables everyday so that she can help her apo’s education. And to add to this I get many comments and DMs from random people, mostly students (Yes, I do read your messages personally) asking for help if they can win the phone giveaways I posted for school purposes because classes will go online this year. I collaborated with a phone giveaway and they are REAL! trust me. People do win brand new iPhones through them although I don’t control who gets to win in that.

So this led me to think of a way how I can reach out by doing this post. Honestly, I don’t like using social media to show that you’re helping others but this is the only way for me to connect to random students whom I can extend help to and who really need help. Don’t get me wrong, I understand if you have donations drives, social media is a tool and you really have to post about them. I know because I also use social media to share about donation drives I’m involved in.

The idea I thought of is doing a personal giveaway but NOT with brand new iPhones instead my 2 used iPhones (fully functional and all accessories included but not the latest models) that I was supposed to sell. I know this will be a HUGE help to the less fortunate students who need them for online classes this year. If you or you know someone who needs a phone for online classes and who cannot afford one, DO TAG THEM in this post. This is my small way of helping. I will always uphold the importance of education. No one should ever be deprived of it for a better future. I would like to repeat, I’m NOT giving away brand new iPhones. These phones are my previous iPhones. I’m doing this because I want these students to have means so they can still do online classes this school year.

1.) Send me a DM why you deserve to be chosen. I would love to read your story.
2.) Pls. Tag your friends in the comment section.

#education

manoypoe

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 pm

manoypoe wrote:

She has resemblance with Miss World Phils 1992 Marina Benipayo.

Marina Benipayo previously competed at Miss Chinese International in 1988 prior to Miss World 1992.
ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby manoypoe » Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:08 pm

Glammed up inside the house? ⠀
Why not?
Say hello to the new normal!⠀
Okay, time for webinars, hostings and interviews to attend to. Later!

#NewNormal #glammedup #stayinside #keepsafe

manoypoe

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 am

Another must watch interview of Karen.

brent520 wrote:Check out how eloquently she answers the final Q&A relay (former Miss Earth winners final Q&A)

I stan! She really is queen
manoypoe

Next

Return to GENERAL