What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Image
Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!



  • 1

What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby Zhenrick » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:42 pm

    

Hello guys, happy to share my insight regarding Binibining Pilipinas 2020 and how will Miss Universe Philippines will or may affect the most prestigious beauty pageant in The Philippines. For those of you that are not aware, BInibining Pilipinas is the main beauty pageant that sends Philippine representatives for Miss International, Miss Supranational, Miss Globe, Miss Grand International, Miss Intercontinental and Miss Universe beauty pageant. Later this year, it was confirmed, Miss Universe title won't be under Binibining Pilipinas or BPCI anymore. Hence, from 6 titles, only 5 titles will be at stake for the upcoming Binibining Pilipinas pageant.

Miss Universe Philippines will be now under the management of Shamcey Supsup, Miss Universe Philippines 2011 and 3rd runner-up in Miss Universe 2011 pageant. In this video, i will tackle who among the previous Binibini candidates and runner-ups are for me a crown worthy.

How about you? Who do you want to join Binibining Pilipinas 2020 Beauty pageant?



Thank you for watching!! :O) :O) :O)


Zhenrick
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
CUTIES are ADORABLE & CUTE members.
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:07 pm
Location: Dubai
Country: United Arab Emirates (ae)
Reputation: 93
Real Life Name/Nick: Erick
Date of Birth: 03 Mar 1984
Gender: Male
Profession: Sales Supervisor cum Party planner
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Social issues, Fashion, & arts

  • 7

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby SheMalesofVenezuela » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:22 pm

BPCI should buy the MUO from IMG, which is planning on selling the bankrupt organization, anyway. Then BPCI can decide whom it wants to give the local Miss Universe franchise to: itself! Ha ha ha ha ha! :%))

At least with the Philippines owning the MUO, fans are guaranteed no cheap Miss Universe hosting at some ballroom in Vegas or some poor city in the US, and the finals will not be held at some minuscule venue that can’t even accommodate thousands of people! =c3
SheMalesofVenezuela
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:50 pm
Country: Venezuela (ve)
Reputation: 523
Real Life Name/Nick: Verusko Ramirez
Date of Birth: 30 Nov 1979
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Tranny actress
Hobbies/Interests: Watching Venezuela's men dominate Miss Universe
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:04 pm

SheMalesofVenezuela wrote:BPCI should buy the MUO from IMG, which is planning on selling the bankrupt organization, anyway. Then BPCI can decide whom it wants to give the local Miss Universe franchise to: itself! Ha ha ha ha ha! :%))

At least with the Philippines owning the MUO, fans are guaranteed no cheap Miss Universe hosting at some ballroom in Vegas or some poor city in the US, and the finals will not be held at some minuscule venue that can’t even accommodate thousands of people! =c3


TRUE
Binibining ZOZI
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:10 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 45
Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry
Message: Its ZOZI, BITCH

  • 1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby mrgary » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 pm

So far, I have not found an alpha female who is as good as Catriona, if not better, in our Philippine pageantry system. I firmly believe that even the Binibini candidates we favoured so much in the past could still not take the Universe like how Pia and Catriona did in 2015 and 2018, respectively. Last year, I thought Hannah Arnold had it because she had been doing her charity work in orphanages both in Canberra and the Philippines since she was 16 years old, plus English was her main language. Alas, she was just too soft during interviews and clammed up so easily when the going got tough. I didn't see her star power during the finals night! She was just totally lost in oblivion. On the other hand, Julia Saubier was just too rough for me. Her voice for influence seemed to be only coming from her and not from the clamour of the entire Filipino people. She exuded this obstinate and bratty demeanour during the pre-pageant activities of Binibining PIlipinas 2019. She also had an awful pasarela. Her form was just too stiff like a tree and her movements were so graceless and thick. Her platform regarding self-defense was just too ludicrous for me to be given utmost priority because I felt that there were more important and far better social issues than this so-called "self-defense for women via Shaolin martial arts". Alaiza Malinao, Ahtisa Manalo, Karen Gallman, Sandra Lemonon, Aya Abesamis, Samantha Bernardo, Vicky Rushton, Leren Mae Bautista, Edjelyn Gamboa, Kimberly and Dindi Joy Pajares, etc weren't just articulate at all. They will have an extremely difficult time to slay the preliminary closed door interview at Miss Universe if given the chance to represent the Philippines. Meanwhile, Patch Magtanong, Karen Ibasco, Arienne Calingo, Samantha Lo, and Nichole Cordovez didn't have the wow factor at all, either. Nichole could express herself well in interviews but there's something about her smile that bothers me a lot because it reminds me of a woman who is constantly skinning a lemon. In short, Nichole has this sour smile just like Renee Zellweger's before the latter had a face lift.

To sum it all up, we need fresh alpha females for next year who are completely eloquent, confident, empowered, tall, beautiful and cultured. The search continues . . .
Last edited by mrgary on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: New York, USA
Country: Canada (ca)
Reputation: 4129
Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling
Message: "Veni, vidi, vici." - Julius Caesar; 47 B.C.

  • 3

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby akosibatman » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:11 am

No to engot memorize barangay ladies
akosibatman
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 160
Real Life Name/Nick: batman
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1972
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: scientist
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: shopping
Message: are you ready people

  • 4

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby lutosfeet » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:23 am

Its a new era just like what Catriona said. I think Bb. Pilipinas will evolve too but I have a feeling that Miss Universe franchise will just return to Araneta in the coming years, depende yan sa outcome ng MUP..
lutosfeet
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6284
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:34 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 6674
Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Rocker
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing
Message: hello everyone

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby quelab22 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:52 am

anu kaya ang magiging top three titles sa Binibini...
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 13623
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:34 am
Location: philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3331
Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Gender: Female
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales
Message: bongga tayung mga taga misso...

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby lucrecia_kasilag » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:54 am

Sa BPCI, hangga't andyan si SMA, ang gusto ni SMA pa rin ang masusunod. Ang nakakatakot lang baka balik Cumbia sila! Lerket! =/

Mabigyang hustisya pa rin sana ng Bb. Pilipinas ang entertainment value ng pageant night. I-entertain pa rin nawa nila ang Philippine designers. Iba pa rin kasi pag inaabangan ng mundo. Tanong ko lang din - kailangan pa ba ng BPCI ang advocacy-driven merlies just to win MIP/MSP?

Ngayong hiwalay na ang MUP, mabalanse ng Bb. Pilipinas ulit ang pagandahan at rampahan sa talakan portion (opening interview and final q&a).

Sa paghiwalay ng MUP, kung hindi magiging masunurin ang MUPO sa MUO, sana nga lipat-franchise agad. Kaso, gugustuhin pa ba ng maraming tao kung balik-BPCI? Oo, andun na tayo na most sensible org pa rin ang BPCI to stage beauty contest. Kaso ang ibang tao gusto ring makakita ng bagong hulma ng MUP.

Ang akin lang din, matuto sana ang MUPO sa nangyari sa femina/i am she/miss diva. I am she na ang classic case na walang pinatunguhan ang standalone MUI. Yung inaakala nilang they can bank on India's glorious Miss Universe winning days eh hindi naman naibalik ng India agad yun. Pagpagland took more than 40 years to finally won the M U crown again. Andyan pa nga ang iba ng wala pa ring placement/korona hanggang ngayon. Pero kung usapang powerhouse din lang, lumalabas na after naibigay ulit ang MUI sa femina by creating miss diva, parang kinakapa ulit ng India ang hulma para sa M U.

Syempre, andyan na ang india na tunay na makuda/maboka. Fairly recent interview lang kay Lara Dutta, nasabi nya na ang mindset pa kasi ng ibang mga sumasali para Miss Diva ay parang tengga pa ng 80s/90s kung saan sasali sa beaucon to empower themselves. Eh kaso iba na ang panahon ngayon. Inexample nya ang Philippines. Nakita nya ang power ng social media. Dahil sa socmed, ang babae hindi pa nakakarating sa host country kinkilatis na kung may pag-asa ba sa korona. Nakita din nya na ang mga sumasali ngayon ay may sinusuportahang advocacy/ies na.

Sa opinyon ko lang, lumalabas na "Public Relations" na lang ang pagsali sa beaucon. Thankfully, may edge agad ang Philippine candidates natin dahil ang iba talaga lehitimong advocate. Pero hindi lahat ng sumasali sa beaucon aminin natin na may advocacies agad. At kung meron mang advocate, for sure may mga hindi nila binubuyangyang sa camera o tahimik lang ang pagtulong. Kung PR game na lang pala ang beaucon, no wonder "tinatamlayan/ma-tamlay" na talaga ang entertainment value ng pageant.

Ang apprehension ko din sa standalone MUPO ay baka matulad (pero huwag nawang mangyari) ang pagpagland sa India na sumusundot-sundot lang sa pwestuhan sa M U sa loob ng almost 20 years. Syempre iba pa rin ang sash factor ng Philippines. Pero ibang kaso kasi kung extension ng "business activities" ni sabit et al at ng IMG/MUO ang MUPO. Nasabi ko na ito dati. Gagawing "advantage" o "legal ticket" o "security" para pumwesto ang merlie kung ang national org o bansa ay magiging pageant host o bilang dinner night host o mataas ang bigayan sa IMG/MUO. Pero kahit may advantage na, kung ipapako lang sa top 20 ang merlie kahit anong ganda pa ng merit/credentials/performance, e baka sayang lang ang effort altogether.

Kung mangyaring makita ng MUO ang tunay na kulay/kalagayan ng MUPO sa kamay ng bagong may-ari, sana nga lipat-franchise agad within the next 5/10 years. Pero papayag pa ba ang IMG/MUO na mapunta ulit sa BPCI? May Mutya pa daw char! :)>-
lucrecia_kasilag
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:12 pm
Location: PHILIPPINES
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 483
Real Life Name/Nick: leegah
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2000
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Consistent being Inconsistent
Hobbies/Interests: Windra!

  • 1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby bcdf1930 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:58 am

I GUESS GIRLS USED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas TO HAVE A CHANCE TO GO TO Miss Universe! NOW THAT Miss Universe IS GONE, I DOUBT IF GIRLS WOULD BE AS INTERESTED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas AS BEFORE :)>- :)>- :)>-
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6859
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:00 am
Location: Kochi/Trivandrum
Country: India (in)
Reputation: 4347
Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 23 Nov 1984
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet
Message: Hi everyone!

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby lutosfeet » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:29 am

bcdf1930 wrote:I GUESS GIRLS USED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas TO HAVE A CHANCE TO GO TO Miss Universe! NOW THAT Miss Universe IS GONE, I DOUBT IF GIRLS WOULD BE AS INTERESTED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas AS BEFORE :)>- :)>- :)>-


Ang sasali na lang sa Bb. Pilipinas eh yung mga merlies na gusto sumunod sa yapak ni Bea at Kylie.. But i really doubt, kaya BPCI needs to step up their game, aminin Miss Universe franchise is their bread and butter simula ng 2010s..
lutosfeet
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6284
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:34 am
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 6674
Date of Birth: 04 Mar 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Rocker
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: pageant and writing
Message: hello everyone

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby pacifico falafoxy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:07 pm

I can see messy beauty pageants in next years to come under new organization of Miss Philippines Universe.

It is going to get worse first before things get better. That’s a cycle to many new companies. That’s a given. I don’t think Jonas should have pursued this but he did. There are so many things to learn first which will affect kinds of candidates signing up, kinds of productions and qualities of winners or outcomes for Miss Universe reps from the Philippines.

That’s my realistic expectations is that in the next five years or so, it will be a dreadful roller coaster ride.

As a beginner, the new owner / management will have too many struggles and adversities just like creating a new company from scratch. With the new MUO communication format at Miss Universe pageants, Philippines reps will have a hard time at MUO. Philippines is not prepared for this. I just think that MUO should have continued working with BPCI until things start to slow down on new concepts instituted.

Philippines is on disadvantageous side at this time with new formats and new MUP franchise, knowing that winning more Miss Universe crowns is Philippines goal to catch up top performers: Venezuela, USA and Puerto Rico.

Miss Universe 2019 was a sort of rude awakening for Philippine pageantry moving forward. Many Filipina beauties are not that strong in terms of empowerment when they talk and express. Recruiting strong candidates for national pageant will be a lot of work and struggles starting 2020 pageant season.
pacifico falafoxy
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:30 pm
Country: Guam (gu)
Reputation: 1404
Real Life Name/Nick: Fico
Date of Birth: 15 Oct 1994
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Healthcare
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, travelling
Message: Open for friendships

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:17 am

di yata mawawala ang messy gramma dahil nawalan ng MUP
hauteegirl
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6993
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 8902
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: counting millions of $
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby JamesCedricLim » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:10 pm

I am still optimistic with BPCI, but let us admit Miss Universe was their only price possession. When Miss World decided to changed their franchise owner hindi masyadong naramdaman ng BPCI at nag survive pa rin sila because of Miss Universe title. They still managed to get high caliber candidates. However since now na wala na sa kanila ang Miss Universe title, siguradong ramdam na ramdam nila ito ngayon. Siguradong hihina ang quality ng kanilang candidates. 200% Miss Universe ang target ng ating mga Pinays nothing else nothing more.

If gustong ibalik ni Madam ang serbisyo ni Barrazza mas lalo lang niyang nilulugmok ang pageant nya sa kumunoy. Baka ni baranggay level ay walang sumali sa pageant nya. At baka ito ay maging History nalang in the past.. From the Prime Beauty Pageant in the Philippines/ Asia to just a history nalang...

If i were Madam i upgrade nya ang pageant nya to something else para mapag usapan at may high caliber na pinays ang mag join. I would suggest the following:

Lets start sa prices:

1. a Million pesos
2. Condo
3. Brand new car

Mamili sya dyan ng isa para may maakit sya na high caliber na pinays, pero kung puro CUMBIA wardrobe at pizza hut, DQ ice cream, Jag and Ever Bilena ang prices nya ulit, siguradong lalangawin sya.

Palitan na rin nya ang mga Ebays Crowns nya to more beautiful ones. Pero baka pati mga prime sponsors nya ay mag lipatan na rin like. Philippine Airlines, Uniliver products, P&G products etc etc.... Pasalamat si madam sila ang may ari ng Araneta Center at may magandang venue pa rin sila at gate mall or novetel hotel na gagamitin nila for press con etc for free... Dahil kung wala baka ang maging venue ay ball room nalang ng hotel at ang presscon ay sa gilid nalang ng bahay ni madam sa cubao. Pasalamat nalang at sila ang may ari ng mga facilities na ito na for FREE nila magagamit.

JamesCedricLim
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1614
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:56 am
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain (es)
Reputation: 2091
Real Life Name/Nick: JamesLIM
Date of Birth: 27 Nov 1982
Gender: Male
Profession: Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Baseball
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby stuff » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:52 pm

Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.
stuff
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 pm
Location: house
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 30
Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Gender: Male
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching
Message: hello

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby carlosebastienne » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:07 pm

SheMalesofVenezuela wrote:BPCI should buy the MUO from IMG, which is planning on selling the bankrupt organization, anyway. Then BPCI can decide whom it wants to give the local Miss Universe franchise to: itself! Ha ha ha ha ha! :%))

At least with the Philippines owning the MUO, fans are guaranteed no cheap Miss Universe hosting at some ballroom in Vegas or some poor city in the US, and the finals will not be held at some minuscule venue that can’t even accommodate thousands of people! =c3


:=p
carlosebastienne
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 333
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Studying
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby carlosebastienne » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:11 pm

bcdf1930 wrote:I GUESS GIRLS USED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas TO HAVE A CHANCE TO GO TO Miss Universe! NOW THAT Miss Universe IS GONE, I DOUBT IF GIRLS WOULD BE AS INTERESTED TO JOIN Bb. Pilipinas AS BEFORE :)>- :)>- :)>-


If there are tons of girls joining Miss Earth Philippines, and particularly if there are girls who still want to pursue Julia Morley’s joke of a cooking show crown, there is no reason girls shouldn’t aspire for Miss International, the next prestigious crown after Miss Universe. [-X
carlosebastienne
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:35 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 333
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Studying
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby *** » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:06 pm

I think Bb. Pilipinas will have it’s own niche, super and beyond gorgeous Filipinas who due to being disadvantaged in life were not able to have quality education hence the poor to mediocre communication skills. Let’s face it a Melanie Marquez, a Janina San Miguel, or a Janicel Lubina etc. are all super stunning but won’t be able to realistically clinch the Universe crown....
***
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:43 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 213
Real Life Name/Nick: ***
Date of Birth: 25 May 1980
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Stylist; MovieTV costume/wardrobe/color consultant
Hobbies/Interests: Aesthetics
Message: Opinion lang po :)

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:26 pm

*** wrote:I think Bb. Pilipinas will have it’s own niche, super and beyond gorgeous Filipinas who due to being disadvantaged in life were not able to have quality education hence the poor to mediocre communication skills. Let’s face it a Melanie Marquez, a Janina San Miguel, or a Janicel Lubina etc. are all super stunning but won’t be able to realistically clinch the Universe crown....


With the exception of Melanie Marquez, none of the Philippines’ numerous Miss International winners could be described as not possessing enough education nor good communication skills. [-X

If anything, BPCI’s niche could be focusing exclusively on producing Miss International winners; no more divided attention from Miss Universe. The other titles it awards don’t matter at all.
LovelyClapperCountry
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 pm
Country: India (in)
Reputation: 649
Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

  • 3

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:29 pm

SheMalesofVenezuela wrote:BPCI should buy the MUO from IMG, which is planning on selling the bankrupt organization, anyway. Then BPCI can decide whom it wants to give the local Miss Universe franchise to: itself! Ha ha ha ha ha! :%))

At least with the Philippines owning the MUO, fans are guaranteed no cheap Miss Universe hosting at some ballroom in Vegas or some poor city in the US, and the finals will not be held at some minuscule venue that can’t even accommodate thousands of people! =c3


Yes, time for the incompetent IMG to give up ownership of the MUO!
LovelyClapperCountry
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 pm
Country: India (in)
Reputation: 649
Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

  • 1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby uzumaki » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:13 pm

Madam should reach out to Madam Ikemi of ICA and host the 2020 edition of Miss International here in the PH. Miss Intercontinental got the curiosity of the Filipinos after a successful staging of the pageant here plus to the fact that it was won by a Filipina through Karen Gallman.
uzumaki
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:39 am
Country: Central African Republic (cf)
Reputation: 670
Real Life Name/Nick: villamor
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1982
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: call center agent
Hobbies/Interests: sleeping
Message: thank u...

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby loveme4ever » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm

What’s next?

Mage-extinct na ang BB Pilipinas. Or pwede ring gawing training ground ng mga girls for other pageants. Lol

Kidding aside, sana mag-level up si madam para hindi sya matabunan ng ibang pageants lalo na hiwalay na ang MUP!
loveme4ever
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 pm
Location: Manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 157
Real Life Name/Nick: loveme
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1980
Gender: Male
Profession: Professional
Hobbies/Interests: browsing the internet
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby trsppt » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:56 pm

stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.
trsppt
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Real Life Name/Nick: Tresemme
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1990
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • -1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby mharlon » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:24 am

trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...
mharlon
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 425
Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: poker
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby LovelyClapperCountry » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:09 pm

mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.
LovelyClapperCountry
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:09 pm
Country: India (in)
Reputation: 649
Real Life Name/Nick: Sushi
Date of Birth: 25 Feb 1995
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Celebrity
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Hobbies/Interests: Bollywooding
Message: The essence of a woman... is world peace! Ha ha ha ha ha!

  • -1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby mharlon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:25 am

LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.


Still, an investment that big meant there should be ROI. MUO under the new org (BPCI or others) would need to have earnings enough to cover production costs (pageant staging, winners' accommodations, travel costs etc.) while sparing some for their charities...

Nothing's stopping them, yeah. But a wise business decision always considers returns on investments...
mharlon
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 425
Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: poker
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby trsppt » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:18 am

mharlon wrote:
LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.


Still, an investment that big meant there should be ROI. MUO under the new org (BPCI or others) would need to have earnings enough to cover production costs (pageant staging, winners' accommodations, travel costs etc.) while sparing some for their charities...

Nothing's stopping them, yeah. But a wise business decision always considers returns on investments...


It’s a matter of managing finances. There’s the franchise fees and all the sponsorships. And for BPCI, they’re saving a lot from having to pay for a venue. They already host Binibining Pilipinas every year. They’re not a stranger nor a neophyte to pageants. Planning and thinking ahead and being strategic in their expenditures will serve them well. They already have the heart and experience for pageants; IMG doesn’t. They’ve won half the battle.
trsppt
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:28 pm
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 362
Real Life Name/Nick: Tresemme
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1990
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Watching beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • -1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby mharlon » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 am

trsppt wrote:
mharlon wrote:
LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.


Still, an investment that big meant there should be ROI. MUO under the new org (BPCI or others) would need to have earnings enough to cover production costs (pageant staging, winners' accommodations, travel costs etc.) while sparing some for their charities...

Nothing's stopping them, yeah. But a wise business decision always considers returns on investments...


It’s a matter of managing finances. There’s the franchise fees and all the sponsorships. And for BPCI, they’re saving a lot from having to pay for a venue. They already host Binibining Pilipinas every year. They’re not a stranger nor a neophyte to pageants. Planning and thinking ahead and being strategic in their expenditures will serve them well. They already have the heart and experience for pageants; IMG doesn’t. They’ve won half the battle.


That is if Miss Universe will be held each and every year in the PH. Also the mere fact IMG did not renew their franchise meant they do not see BPCI as a good business partner. Nothing is won by BPCI here...
mharlon
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 425
Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: poker
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby FutaKaNina » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:06 pm

mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
mharlon wrote:
LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.


Still, an investment that big meant there should be ROI. MUO under the new org (BPCI or others) would need to have earnings enough to cover production costs (pageant staging, winners' accommodations, travel costs etc.) while sparing some for their charities...

Nothing's stopping them, yeah. But a wise business decision always considers returns on investments...


It’s a matter of managing finances. There’s the franchise fees and all the sponsorships. And for BPCI, they’re saving a lot from having to pay for a venue. They already host Binibining Pilipinas every year. They’re not a stranger nor a neophyte to pageants. Planning and thinking ahead and being strategic in their expenditures will serve them well. They already have the heart and experience for pageants; IMG doesn’t. They’ve won half the battle.


That is if Miss Universe will be held each and every year in the PH. Also the mere fact IMG did not renew their franchise meant they do not see BPCI as a good business partner. Nothing is won by BPCI here...


Hmm. You’re conflating things that are not connected.

If BPCI makes a bid for the MUO, that means they’re confident they have the means to handle the responsibility. They haven’t, and they haven’t even raised the idea of doing it, and you don’t belong in that organization, so you don’t have the means to assess their resources nor to speak on their behalf.

You’re also not from IMG, so you also don’t have means to speak on their behalf.

All the items mentioned above are wishes and speculations.

One thing has been clearly demostrated, though, especially given the very poor (literally $$$ and figuratively) handling of Miss Universe 2019 and the significant drop of activities and travels of recent Miss Universe winners (including the worse scenarios for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA): IMG has NEITHER the means & expertise nor the interest in sustaining pageants. It’s time to give away Miss Universe to a group that can actually make the pageant thrive.
FutaKaNina
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 795
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:08 am
Location: USA
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 1162
Real Life Name/Nick: Clea
Date of Birth: 21 Jan 1991
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Dreaming
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby Kumukutikutitap » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:03 am

LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
SheMalesofVenezuela wrote:BPCI should buy the MUO from IMG, which is planning on selling the bankrupt organization, anyway. Then BPCI can decide whom it wants to give the local Miss Universe franchise to: itself! Ha ha ha ha ha! :%))

At least with the Philippines owning the MUO, fans are guaranteed no cheap Miss Universe hosting at some ballroom in Vegas or some poor city in the US, and the finals will not be held at some minuscule venue that can’t even accommodate thousands of people! =c3


Yes, time for the incompetent IMG to give up ownership of the MUO!


Somebody please take it away from IMG ASAP!
Kumukutikutitap
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:27 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 1052
Real Life Name/Nick: Bobbie
Date of Birth: 01 Jun 1991
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Lurking on the net
Message: Write a message here

  • -1

Re: What's next for Binibining Pilipinas

Postby mharlon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:52 am

FutaKaNina wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
mharlon wrote:
LovelyClapperCountry wrote:
mharlon wrote:
trsppt wrote:
stuff wrote:Bb. Pilipinas should make their own international pageant.I think they are good enough to compete against Miss Earth and Grand.


Just buy the MUO and take charge of Miss Universe.


Not gonna happen as BPCI is primarily a non-stock, non-profit charitable organization meaning all their earnings go to charity...

Araneta group of companies, however, can possibly buy MUO. But they will have to exhaust their resources dry before they can purchase MUO from IMG. They can establish a consortium with big PH corporations but then not sure these companies will be too excited to buy an international beauty pageant organization...


Nothing’s stopping any organization from remaining non-profit even with the purchase of the MUO, which extensively engages in charitable activities anyway.

If BPCI or a consortium decides to purchase the MUO, the MUO will take on whatever status its owner has. It’ll actually improve the MUO’s image as an organization to be non-profit, whose primary aim is to re-invest earnings in its charitable engagements, rather than on depositing all profits back to the hands of its stockholders.


Still, an investment that big meant there should be ROI. MUO under the new org (BPCI or others) would need to have earnings enough to cover production costs (pageant staging, winners' accommodations, travel costs etc.) while sparing some for their charities...

Nothing's stopping them, yeah. But a wise business decision always considers returns on investments...


It’s a matter of managing finances. There’s the franchise fees and all the sponsorships. And for BPCI, they’re saving a lot from having to pay for a venue. They already host Binibining Pilipinas every year. They’re not a stranger nor a neophyte to pageants. Planning and thinking ahead and being strategic in their expenditures will serve them well. They already have the heart and experience for pageants; IMG doesn’t. They’ve won half the battle.


That is if Miss Universe will be held each and every year in the PH. Also the mere fact IMG did not renew their franchise meant they do not see BPCI as a good business partner. Nothing is won by BPCI here...


Hmm. You’re conflating things that are not connected.

If BPCI makes a bid for the MUO, that means they’re confident they have the means to handle the responsibility. They haven’t, and they haven’t even raised the idea of doing it, and you don’t belong in that organization, so you don’t have the means to assess their resources nor to speak on their behalf.

You’re also not from IMG, so you also don’t have means to speak on their behalf.

All the items mentioned above are wishes and speculations.

One thing has been clearly demostrated, though, especially given the very poor (literally $$$ and figuratively) handling of Miss Universe 2019 and the significant drop of activities and travels of recent Miss Universe winners (including the worse scenarios for Miss USA and Miss Teen USA): IMG has NEITHER the means & expertise nor the interest in sustaining pageants. It’s time to give away Miss Universe to a group that can actually make the pageant thrive.


Even if 2019 is lackluster compared to previous productions, that doesn't mean they cannot sustain the pageant further. As you've said, we are both not part of IMG so do not pre-empt their business decisions before they can decide to...

Also, I may not be working within BPCI but I am a CPA and has the skills to say if they have the ability or not to purchase or bid for MUO ownership. But I won't do that analysis for them, else they need to pay me for services...

One thing is certain - BPCI has been dropped/dumped by IMG/MUO. Will they get the franchise again? Maybe or maybe not. They need to move on without Miss Universe...
mharlon
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: manila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 425
Real Life Name/Nick: mharlon
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Hobbies/Interests: poker
Message: Write a message here

Next

Return to GENERAL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajsy0203, allanville, artaestes, Fortuitous, jesnude, rexgab89, TelemahM

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology