Ukrainian beauty queen sues Miss World

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

Ukrainian beauty queen sues Miss World

Postby xis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:12 pm

Ukrainian beauty queen barred for being mother sues Miss World
Agence France-Presse
Published 11:39 PM, December 02, 2019
Updated 11:39 PM, December 02, 2019

PUSHING BOUNDARIES. Veronika Didusenko sues the Miss World organization. Photo from Veronika Didusenko's Instagram

KIEV, Ukraine – A former Miss Ukraine stripped of her crown and barred from competing for Miss World because she is a mother has launched legal action against the contest, demanding a rule change.

"We demand a change of rules, @missworld", allowing all women to participate, 24-year-old Veronika Didusenko said on her Instagram on Monday, December 2, after launching a campaign called #righttobeamother.

Didusenko was crowned Miss Ukraine in 2018, but was dethroned after the organizers found out that she has a five-year-old son and disqualified from going on to compete for the Miss World title.

"The reason I was not allowed to compete in Miss World after winning the title #MissUkraine is because I had been married and have a child," she wrote on Instagram.

The rules of Miss World ban mothers and married women from taking part in the beauty pageant and oblige the contestants to sign a corresponding agreement.

Didusenko accused organisers of "discrimination" and said that global beauty pageants "seem to be stuck in the dark ages."

"I don't want the crown back," she wrote on her Instagram page on Sunday.

"I want to get the rules changed for wider society."

Didusenko has launched legal action in London claiming Miss World organizers are breaching the terms of the Equality Act of 2010 that protects against discrimination based on certain characteristics, including marriage, maternity and gender.

There has not yet been any comment from Miss World on the issue.

This year, the Miss World final will take place in London on December 14. Ukraine will be represented by Margaryta Pasha, a law student.

Miss World is the world's oldest beauty pageant, first held in Britain in 1951. – Rappler.com

Source: https://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/ ... miss-world

xis
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: xxx
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1917
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: xxxxx
Hobbies/Interests: xxxxx

Re: Ukrainian beauty queen sues Miss World

Postby xis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 pm

Here is Veronika Didusenko instagram post:

Dear friends, I am happy to share the exciting news with you. Today #righttobeamother has made a huge leap forward. I have launched a legal challenge against @MissWorld and this marks the new phase in our joint fight for justice.

I am proud to be represented by Ravi Naik, Human Rights Lawyer of the Year 2018, and Leading Counsel Marie Demitriou QC. Ravi represents clients in some of the world’s most high profile cases. This includes the first case against #CambridgeAnalytica for political profiling and claims against Facebook for their data practices. Marie Demitriou was a barrister on the legal team acting for South African athlete Caster Semenya who was subjected to sex testing following her victory at the 2009 World Championships.

We say that under the #EqualityAct 2010 the entry policy operated by #MissWorld is discriminatory on various grounds, namely marital status, and pregnancy and maternity.
The Equality Act protects against discrimination based on certain characteristics, including marriage, maternity and sex. The reason I was not allowed to compete in Miss World after winning the title #MissUkraine is because I had been married and have a child. Denying me the chance of competing on those bases breaches those protections against discrimination.

I don’t want the crown back. I want to get the rules changed for wider society. These rules are a systemic, widespread and international policy that results in discrimination on large scale across many countries.

This year the 69th Miss World Final returns to London on 14 December 2019. We believe it is the right moment for @MissWorld to introduce the change.

I am really glad to see that our story has resonated with the UK national media such as @dailymail, @telegraph, @thesun, @skynews, @thetimes, @bbcnews, @bbcnewsbeat, @dailymirror

Photo credit: David McHugh/Brighton Pictures
xis

Postby xis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:19 pm

My dear followers!

I’m so impressed, happy, proud and overwhelmed with our media coverage in the UK.

I can’t believe we could raise so much awareness to our campaign #righttobeamother which aims to change the discriminatory entry requirements of international beauty pageants to allow all women to participate.

I would like to see @Missworld and the other global running beauty pageants which seem to be stuck in the dark ages lift all entry restrictions so that these competitions are truly representative of all women in society today.

Thousands of people have supported my campaign #righttobeamother across social media and I regularly receive thank you notes. I’m grateful to each one of you!!! Nothing would happen without your support, inspiration, help, courage, all of the stories you shared with me.

THANK YOU!
xis

Postby xis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 pm

A Miss World contestant who had her crown taken away after officials discovered she's a mom is taking legal action
Darcy Schild

Veronika Didusenko was stripped of her Miss Ukraine 2018 title when the organization found out she was a mother. VALENTYN OGIRENKO/Reuters

Four days after model Veronika Didusenko won the title of Miss Ukraine in 2018, Miss World officials took away her title after they discovered she is a mom, which violates the pageant's rules.

Didusenko said in an interview for the BBC's Radio 1 "Newsbeat," published Sunday, that upon entering to compete in Miss Ukraine, she was aware of the policy that prohibited mothers from entering the competition, but said that pageant organizers encouraged her to enter anyway.

"Why should a woman be excluded from entering just because she's a mother? It doesn't make any sense," the 24-year-old model, who has a 5-year-old son, told the BBC's Cherry Wilson.

Veronika Didusenko, former Miss Ukraine 2018, carries her son in her arms. VALENTYN OGIRENKO/Reuters

The list of requirements for entry in a Miss World pageant says that a contestant must be someone who "has never given birth to a child."

According to a statement provided to Insider by a representative for Didusenko, she is now taking legal action against Miss World in hopes that the organization will change its policy that prohibits mothers from entering in the competition.

Didusenko made the announcement to challenge Miss World in an Instagram post on Saturday, not long before this year's Miss World pageant finale, which takes place in London on December 14.

"Today #righttobeamother has made a huge leap forward," Didusenko wrote on Instagram. "I have launched a legal challenge against @MissWorld and this marks the new phase in our joint fight for justice."

n the post, Didusenko added: "We say that under the #EqualityAct 2010 the entry policy operated by #MissWorld is discriminatory on various grounds, namely marital status, and pregnancy and maternity. The Equality Act protects against discrimination based on certain characteristics, including marriage, maternity and sex."

Didusenko, who has enlisted the representation of attorneys Ravi Naik and Marie Demitriou, referred to the Equality Act, which went into effect on October 1, 2010, according to the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The act contains nine pieces of legislation that provide Britain with a "discrimination law which protects individuals from unfair treatment and promotes a fair and more equal society."

In her Instagram post, Didusenko added that she does not want her crown back, but instead wants "to get the rules changed for wider society."

A representative for Didusenko reiterated that message in the statement provided to Insider, saying that Didusenko hopes the pageant rules can be changed "not for her, but for larger society."

The statement continued: "The Equality Act 2010 protects discrimination against certain protected characteristics, including marriage, maternity and sex. The reason Veronika was not allowed to compete in Miss World is because she was married and had a child. Quite simply, denying her the chance of competing on those bases would seem to breach those protections against discrimination."

"This is a systemic, widespread and international policy that may result in discrimination on large scale across many countries," the statement read. "We await Miss World's full response to see if they can justify their entry policy."

Didusenko told Radio 1's "Newsbeat" that she wants to "make sure the rules of Miss World move with the times."

"I want to make them more fit for nowadays and reflect women's reality today — who can perfectly balance between their careers and their personal life," Didusenko told the BBC.

As the BBC's article points out, in a 2018 interview with Good Morning Britain, Julia Morley, the CEO of the Miss World Organization, spoke about the rule that prohibits mothers from competing in the pageant. In the interview, Morley defended the rule, saying: "When you're trying to get a worldwide organization to agree, you have to look to everyone and they vote as to what is acceptable."

Didusenko is not the first mother who has lost a pageant title due to organization policies

In 2018, a Miss Universe winner lost her title after becoming pregnant.

In February, Yahoo!'s Kerry Justich reported that Miss Bolivia Universe 2018 Joyce Prado was stripped of her title after she became pregnant. Yahoo! reported that Prado may have lost her title because of pageant rules that prohibited contestants from being pregnant.

Former Miss Bolivia Universe 2018 Joyce Prado, who may have lost her title due to becoming pregnant. Gemunu Amarasinghe/AP

Miss Universe outlines its rules and requirements on its website, stating that competitors cannot be pregnant, married, or have ever parented a child.

Bolivian modeling agency Promociones Gloria shared a statement on Facebook at the time, which said Prado was dismissed from her title due to a "breach of contract."

"Promociones Gloria is announcing to Opinion Publica that the current Miss Santa Cruz and Miss Bolivia Universe 2018 has been stripped of her titles of Miss Santa Cruz and Miss Bolivia for reasons strictly related to a breach of contract, noting that we maintain cordial relations in an area of mutual understanding, honoring the confidentiality clause," the modeling agency wrote on Facebook.

A representative for Promociones Gloria later provided a statement to Insider at the time, saying that "it was agreed between" Prado and the modeling agency that she would focus on her pregnancy and continue to be a model with the agency despite not being "able to fulfill any of the activities that she had to do as Miss Bolivia."

Representatives for Miss World and Veronika Didusenko's attorneys, Ravi Naik and Marie Demitriou, did not immediately respond to Insider's requests for comment.

Source: https://www.insider.com/miss-world-ukra ... te-2019-12
xis

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Helen Morgan resigned as Miss World 1974 because she was a unwed mother with a young born son. I think MWO already amended that rule that only single female can compete at the pageant along side with transgenders with legally female status.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby madamebovarry » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:08 pm

Miss Italy allowed married women and with sons too, Miss Italia 2018 is married and have a son
madamebovarry
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 23 Feb 1969
Profession: dancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: eurovision song contest beauty pageant lifeguards

Postby DUBROVNIK » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:15 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:Helen Morgan resigned as Miss World 1974 because she was a unwed mother with a young born son. I think MWO already amended that rule that only single female can compete at the pageant along side with transgenders with legally female status.
Helen Morgan did not quit in 1974.
She was the winner of 1974 Miss World pageant, was held on 22 November 1974. Ironically she was crowned by Julia Morley, not by the previous Miss World 1973 (Marjorie Wallace).

However, Helen Morgan was FORCED TO RESIGN only four days after winning the pageant, upon the media creating extremely negative and lurid headlines as she was an unwed mother with an 18-month-old son.

This had never been hidden from the time she was crowned Miss Wales, but the lurid headlines in the hours immediately following her win at Miss World, particularly interviews given by the wife of the child's father, created extreme pressure on Morgan and the Miss World organization.
DUBROVNIK
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1997
Profession: Employee - Part time librarian
Hobbies/Interests: International current events, trips, Classic songs

Postby Queen Kurdapia » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:38 pm

The pageant is called MISS WORLD and not mrs. world. Get real you attention seeking who-re and dumb biat-ch!

xis wrote:Ukrainian beauty queen barred for being mother sues Miss World
Agence France-Presse
Published 11:39 PM, December 02, 2019
Updated 11:39 PM, December 02, 2019

PUSHING BOUNDARIES. Veronika Didusenko sues the Miss World organization. Photo from Veronika Didusenko's Instagram

KIEV, Ukraine – A former Miss Ukraine stripped of her crown and barred from competing for Miss World because she is a mother has launched legal action against the contest, demanding a rule change.

"We demand a change of rules, @missworld", allowing all women to participate, 24-year-old Veronika Didusenko said on her Instagram on Monday, December 2, after launching a campaign called #righttobeamother.

Didusenko was crowned Miss Ukraine in 2018, but was dethroned after the organizers found out that she has a five-year-old son and disqualified from going on to compete for the Miss World title.

"The reason I was not allowed to compete in Miss World after winning the title #MissUkraine is because I had been married and have a child," she wrote on Instagram.

The rules of Miss World ban mothers and married women from taking part in the beauty pageant and oblige the contestants to sign a corresponding agreement.

Didusenko accused organisers of "discrimination" and said that global beauty pageants "seem to be stuck in the dark ages."

"I don't want the crown back," she wrote on her Instagram page on Sunday.

"I want to get the rules changed for wider society."

Didusenko has launched legal action in London claiming Miss World organizers are breaching the terms of the Equality Act of 2010 that protects against discrimination based on certain characteristics, including marriage, maternity and gender.

There has not yet been any comment from Miss World on the issue.

This year, the Miss World final will take place in London on December 14. Ukraine will be represented by Margaryta Pasha, a law student.

Miss World is the world's oldest beauty pageant, first held in Britain in 1951. – Rappler.com

Source: https://www.rappler.com/life-and-style/ ... miss-world
It's Queen Kurdapia to you B I A A A T C H!
Queen Kurdapia

Real Life Name/Nick: Maldita Ka
Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1968
Profession: Muse
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 am

She was also trolling our Miss International account, sending us mails, private messages in our Instagram account and accusations against the organization. I admire her passion to become a pageant queen, but not everything belongs to her and not everyone should abide to her wishes. Organizations have rules, in the same way that competitions have rules.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:49 am

DUBROVNIK wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:Helen Morgan resigned as Miss World 1974 because she was a unwed mother with a young born son. I think MWO already amended that rule that only single female can compete at the pageant along side with transgenders with legally female status.
Helen Morgan did not quit in 1974.
She was the winner of 1974 Miss World pageant, was held on 22 November 1974. Ironically she was crowned by Julia Morley, not by the previous Miss World 1973 (Marjorie Wallace).

However, Helen Morgan was FORCED TO RESIGN only four days after winning the pageant, upon the media creating extremely negative and lurid headlines as she was an unwed mother with an 18-month-old son.

This had never been hidden from the time she was crowned Miss Wales, but the lurid headlines in the hours immediately following her win at Miss World, particularly interviews given by the wife of the child's father, created extreme pressure on Morgan and the Miss World organization.

After her resignation MWO amend the rules to just single woman to compete at the pageant. Most likely after Jenna T.'s issue that MWO followed MUO suit in allowing to accept transgenders with female legal status to compete.
ajsy0203

Postby bcdf1930 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:50 am

SHE SHOULD KNOW THE RULES BEFORE COMPETING! THIS IS NOT MRS WORLD, BUT MISS WORLD!
bcdf1930
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Anonymous:)
Date of Birth: 20 Nov 1984
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: IT professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Reading books, browsing Internet

Postby Maquedonia » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:52 am

Too bad, she is beautiful but rules are rules!
Maquedonia
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Profession: Missologo
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe

Postby marianh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:05 am

create your own Ms Mother World pageant!!
marianh

Real Life Name/Nick: melchor
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1990
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Nurse
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 am

Impacts if a unwed mother or single mother will win Miss World?
1. Expenses for the child like housing, living and travel expenses
2. Separation anxiety for the child
ajsy0203

Postby your_hotness » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 am

Got not sympathy for this girl. She lied on her application and now she wants the rules to be changed. Come on! 8-}

Also, her case is different from Helen Morgan because the former is a divorcee.

https://www.gistmania.com/talk/topic,411585.0.html

Miss Austria's Best Finishes:

MU-1977 (1st RU)
MW- 1969 & 1987 (Winner)
MI- 1963, 1979 & 1982 (2nd RU)
ME- 2013 & 2018 (1st RU)
your_hotness

Date of Birth: 31 Dec 1992
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Pageant Enthusiast
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageant, Sports and Food

Postby blunderer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:03 pm

So a someone born as a man and decided to have a sex change has more chance to compete in a FEMALE pageant than someone born as a woman and have the ability to bear a child? Talk about double standard.
blunderer

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby ChelseaHotelNo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 pm

XAMURAI wrote:She was also trolling our Miss International account, sending us mails, private messages in our Instagram account and accusations against the organization. I admire her passion to become a pageant queen, but not everything belongs to her and not everyone should abide to her wishes. Organizations have rules, in the same way that competitions have rules.

But how that rules are justified? I mean, why is prohibited to married women and mother to participate in beauty pageants? I think that the reasons behind that prohibition, in fact, discriminate women due that mothers and married women are not different from single women and childless woman
ChelseaHotelNo

Real Life Name/Nick: Santiago
Date of Birth: 24 Dec 2000
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Does it matters?

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:32 pm

ChelseaHotelNo wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:She was also trolling our Miss International account, sending us mails, private messages in our Instagram account and accusations against the organization. I admire her passion to become a pageant queen, but not everything belongs to her and not everyone should abide to her wishes. Organizations have rules, in the same way that competitions have rules.

But how that rules are justified? I mean, why is prohibited to married women and mother to participate in beauty pageants? I think that the reasons behind that prohibition, in fact, discriminate women due that mothers and married women are not different from single women and childless woman

Different Pageants, Different Standards, Different Criteria in selecting the winner.

Long Term effect:
One possible issue had Veronika won Miss World is the child itself if MWO will shoulder travel and living expenses during her mom's reign. If now will the child be depressed or anxiety once being separated by his/her mom if MWO will not accommodate the child?
ajsy0203

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:11 am

ChelseaHotelNo wrote:

Well, because back in the old days, single women were called Miss. Thus, we had the incubation of Miss World... Miss Universe... Miss International. All these three pageants started way way before millennials were even conceived.

A Miss is a single lady. A single lady, back in the old days, didn't just make babies by herself! She must have had a husband.

Nowadays, it's different because anyone can get pregnant without being married and justify it as freedom of choice. They could even kill a fetus and still justify it as their personal "choice". Nowadays, anyone can do whatever they want and justify them as their privilege and the consequence of their actions are being defied as invasion of their rights.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:28 pm

blunderer wrote:So a someone born as a man and decided to have a sex change has more chance to compete in a FEMALE pageant than someone born as a woman and have the ability to bear a child? Talk about double standard.

Well i think Miss World doesn’t allow mothers/married women to compete because they don’t want to interrupt these women’s responsibilities as mothers and wives. Being a Miss World, a woman has to travel non stop and work really hard. She won’t have enough time for her child(ren) which is extremely unfair for her child(ren) and family.

For a transwoman, there is nothing standing between her and her reign. So, Julia lets transwomen compete as long as they are legally documented FEMALE.

Miss Ukraine will lose this fight. MWO doesn’t violate human rights.

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby ChelseaHotelNo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:36 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
ChelseaHotelNo wrote:

Well, because back in the old days, single women were called Miss. Thus, we had the incubation of Miss World... Miss Universe... Miss International. All these three pageants started way way before millennials were even conceived.

A Miss is a single lady. A single lady, back in the old days, didn't just make babies by herself! She must have had a husband.

Nowadays, it's different because anyone can get pregnant without being married and justify it as freedom of choice. They could even kill a fetus and still justify it as their personal "choice". Nowadays, anyone can do whatever they want and justify them as their privilege and the consequence of their actions are being defied as invasion of their rights.

Wow it's incredible how so many GUYS of this forum, 'cause most of the members of this forum are men, promote discriminatory ideas. Nowadays, women have achieved so many rights (as the abortion that doesn't implies kill a fetus, implies to have power over your body) that it's sad how you guys use beauty pageants to say that women are free to decide to enter or not and that beauty pageants don't promote irreal ideas of beauty, even by participating in a beauty pageant women are using their freedom. But at the same time, you say that not all women got that freedom and that each pageant has its own rules. So if a pageant decides to not letting black and Latina women participate, are they using their own rules? are they discriminating against women? Anyone here has said to be a reason why mothers and married women shouldn't enter beauty pageants. The idea that I think that is behind that prohibition is that women are only acceptable to the beauty industry when they "don't belong to a man". Being mother means that you belong to a mam and that kind of women seems unacceptable and undesirable
ChelseaHotelNo

Real Life Name/Nick: Santiago
Date of Birth: 24 Dec 2000
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Does it matters?

Postby tristanjosh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:59 am

For me, it is within the prerogative or discretion of the organizations (such as in this case, Miss World) to set the rules/guidelines and qualifications/criteria for their owned pageant. if the rule says,"A contestant must have never been a mother (or a father) " , a violation of the rule can cause disqualification, among others.
Mabuhay! Goodluck Miss Philippines and All the best To All The Candidates of Miss Universe !
tristanjosh

Date of Birth: 28 Dec 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: .
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby ajsy0203 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:24 am

It seemed that her issue was related to the final question at Miss America 2020 about if married/unmarried women with children can compete at the pageant.
ajsy0203

Return to GENERAL