Miss World Finland 2019 is Dana Mononen!

Miss World Finland 2019 is Dana Mononen!

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:22 am

After a surprise twist Finland will be sending delegate to Miss World after all! Apparently Miss World organization contacted Miss Suomi organization and begged them to send someone since Finland has been competing non-stop since 1960s. And the girl they've picked is Dana Mononen, Semi-finalist of Miss Suomi 2019.

missfinlandia
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Re: Miss World Finland 2019 is Dana Mononen!

Postby Badkitty » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:10 am

Now that is a surprise indeed! I was sorry that she left the competition before the finals, since I liked her and wanted to see her there. >=p
Badkitty
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 26 Mar 1977
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Video gaming

Postby the critic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:22 pm

CONGRATS TO DANA. IT LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS ROB BECAUSE SHES MORE INTERESTING AND BEAUTIFUL THAN THE ACTUAL WINNERS OF MISS SUOMI.

the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby missfinlandia » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:04 pm

the critic wrote:CONGRATS TO DANA. IT LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS ROB BECAUSE SHES MORE INTERESTING AND BEAUTIFUL THAN THE ACTUAL WINNERS OF MISS SUOMI.

If I remember correctly she wasn't actually robbed but was one of the two girls who left the competition pre-final because of personal reasons. Glad to see she's been able to overcome whatever those reasons were and is now heading to Miss World.

missfinlandia

Real Life Name/Nick: MissSuomi
Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1913
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: This and that
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Shopping

Postby Stoichio » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:10 pm

If MWO contacted and begged the national org, then expect Finland to place this year. :-j
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Chelsea » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm

the critic wrote:CONGRATS TO DANA. IT LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS ROB BECAUSE SHES MORE INTERESTING AND BEAUTIFUL THAN THE ACTUAL WINNERS OF MISS SUOMI.

Dana was not robbed. I mean clearly she would have been robbed, had the judges made the decision. But they didn't.
Dana dropped out during semifinals stage, she made the decision herfelf, because she felt that she was not ready to be Miss Finland just yet.
She stated then that she will be back in a few years.

But now, who knows what will happen. Maybe after her decision she had some regrets afterall and now getting the chance to represent Finland she grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

But this is a funny twist, cause Miss Finland organisation already made the decision to skip this year.
Clearly Miss World did everything in their power to get them back >=p
Chelsea
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 06 Dec 1917
Profession: reporter
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Music

Postby Jon A » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:54 pm

Chelsea - did I not say that Miss Suomi was just planing to skip a year and not drop the license. The issue is that the girls are not well prepared enough for MW which has a very different format than Miss Universe or MI

Of course I don't deny that there are reservations re fees etc but
Jon A

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby Stoichio » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:17 pm

Chelsea wrote:

Dana was not robbed. I mean clearly she would have been robbed, had the judges made the decision. But they didn't.
Dana dropped out during semifinals stage, she made the decision herfelf, because she felt that she was not ready to be Miss Finland just yet.

But now, who knows what will happen. Maybe after her decision she had some regrets afterall and now getting the chance to represent Finland she grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

But this is a funny twist, cause Miss Finland organisation already made the decision to skip this year.

That is one case of an idiotic comment from someone who didn’t actually know what happened! :-j
Forgive him! =;))
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Chelsea » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Jon A wrote:Chelsea - did I not say that Miss Suomi was just planing to skip a year and not drop the license.

And did I not say that I bet Miss World is doing everything in their power to get them back 8->

Clearly they were, since the discussions ultimately paid off. I mean comon, THEY contacted Finland after the decision to skip this year and potentially future years also.
Had they not been in contact I bet Finland would have skipped next year also (cause honestly, I assure you the owner has NEVER said that they will arrange a separate competition in 2020 for Miss World Finland. There is still no such plans)

I actually checked the Miss World website weeks ago when we were having our little battle on the other topic and it still read FINLAND - COMING SOON in the contestans area.
It does not say that to Sweden or Norway, they are not on the contestants list. That is how I KNEW they are trying to get FINLAND back. And I also am 100% sure it is because our long history! The Miss Finland organisation has sent a delegate since the 60's. Never ever has Miss World had to look for another license holder for Finland, cause we have been loyal. And regardless of the fact that we haven't had success in the pageant at all in recent years, I bet Miss World organisation does value and respect Finland's loyalty to the pageant. [-O<
Chelsea

Postby Jon A » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:07 pm

This girl is stunning - the best I have seen since Lola Odusoga and imo even prettier. She is like a baby Naomi Campbell - definitely has that immediate wow factor!

But I am not sure if she is a MW type - lets see!!! I hoe she is prepared - I'd love for her to do well. Finland has been placing every 5-6 years and it is exactly 5 since they last placed!
Jon A

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby Chelsea » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:53 pm

Jon A wrote:Finland has been placing every 5-6 years and it is exactly 5 since they last placed!

At Miss World? Nope, we have not...
Five years ago was the last time yes, Finland was top25 in 2014, but before that you have to go aaaaaaaaaaal the way to 1993 for our last placement in top 10.

1990 TOP 5
1992 TOP 10
1993 TOP 10
2014 TOP 25
Chelsea

Postby the critic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 am

Jon A wrote:This girl is stunning - the best I have seen since Lola Odusoga and imo even prettier. She is like a baby Naomi Campbell - definitely has that immediate wow factor!

But I am not sure if she is a MW type - lets see!!! I hoe she is prepared - I'd love for her to do well. Finland has been placing every 5-6 years and it is exactly 5 since they last placed!

I THINK AT FIRST GLANCE SHE LOOKS LIKE A MISS UNIVERSE TYPE BASED ON HER INSTAGRAM PHOTOS. SHE SEEM TO HAVE PERSONALITY AND STAR QUALITY. SHE MIGHT DO WELL IN TOP MODEL.

SWEDEN WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON. SWEDISH GIRLS TEND TO HAVE MORE OF A MISS WORLD VIBE EVEN IN THERE RAWEST STATE.
the critic

Postby the critic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:38 am

Chelsea wrote:

SHE LOOKS LIKE A WINNER SO ITS GOOD TO KNOW SHE WASN'T ROBBED BUT RETIRED FROM THE COMPETITION AND WITH A STROKE OF LUCK IS GIVEN A CHANCE TO REPRESENT HER COUNTRY.

YOU MADE IT SEEN AS IF FINLAND HAD WITHDRAWN FROM MISS WORLD INDEFINITELY BECAUSE OF FRANCHISE FEES. THE PRESS RELEASE STATED THAT THEY DECIDED TO SKIP 2019 BUT AFTER HAVING DISCUSSIONS WITH MWO ON THE WAY FORWARD THEY HAD RIIKA IN MIND AS THE REPRESENTATIVE. ITS ULTIMATELY UP TO MISS SUOMI ON WHAT WOULD HAPPENS SINCE THEY ARE STILL THE FRANCHISE HOLDERS...ITS THEIR DECISION. ITS CLEARLY NOT ABOUT MONEY FOR THEM. THAT WAS YOUR OPINION.

RIIKA WOULD HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND THE DECISION WOULD HAVE BEEN KNOWN LONG AGO IF SHE WASNT UNABLE TO DO SO DUE TO HER WORK AND EDUCATION.
the critic

Postby Belle » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Chelsea wrote:
Jon A wrote:Chelsea - did I not say that Miss Suomi was just planing to skip a year and not drop the license.

And did I not say that I bet Miss World is doing everything in their power to get them back 8->

Clearly they were, since the discussions ultimately paid off. I mean comon, THEY contacted Finland after the decision to skip this year and potentially future years also.
Had they not been in contact I bet Finland would have skipped next year also (cause honestly, I assure you the owner has NEVER said that they will arrange a separate competition in 2020 for Miss World Finland. There is still no such plans)

I actually checked the Miss World website weeks ago when we were having our little battle on the other topic and it still read FINLAND - COMING SOON in the contestans area.
It does not say that to Sweden or Norway, they are not on the contestants list. That is how I KNEW they are trying to get FINLAND back. And I also am 100% sure it is because our long history! The Miss Finland organisation has sent a delegate since the 60's. Never ever has Miss World had to look for another license holder for Finland, cause we have been loyal. And regardless of the fact that we haven't had success in the pageant at all in recent years, I bet Miss World organisation does value and respect Finland's loyalty to the pageant. [-O<

Well it say COMING SOON about Sweden. Sweden is now listed on the candidates. Maybe Sweden will make a comeback this year. Let's wait and see.

Btw Dana is gorgeous. She will do great in MW 2019. Good luck.
Image Image

SWEDEN IS THE WINNER OF EUROVISION SONG CONTEST 2015!!!!!!!!!
Belle

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2009
Profession: -
Hobbies/Interests: -------------

Postby Chelsea » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Belle wrote:Well it say COMING SOON about Sweden. Sweden is now listed on the candidates. Maybe Sweden will make a comeback this year. Let's wait and see.

Btw Dana is gorgeous. She will do great in MW 2019. Good luck.[/size]

Yes, that just changed like yesterday.
Earlier this week it still had no Sweden on the list AT ALL

But now Finland and Sweden are back on the running, so my posts on the other thread were also correct.
MW does value Nordic Countries (even if the fans thisk we are boring), and clearly has done everything in their power to get all Nordic Countries back.

I mean the owner of Miss Finland said that MW actually called her. So they really did everything in their power to get us back.
Anyways, good to see Iceland won't be alone cause it looked like that for a while. Now, if only MW can get Norway back also then everything is okey.
Chelsea

Postby Chelsea » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

the critic wrote:YOU MADE IT SEEN AS IF FINLAND HAD WITHDRAWN FROM MISS WORLD INDEFINITELY BECAUSE OF FRANCHISE FEES. THE PRESS RELEASE STATED THAT THEY DECIDED TO SKIP 2019 BUT AFTER HAVING DISCUSSIONS WITH MWO ON THE WAY FORWARD THEY HAD RIIKA IN MIND AS THE REPRESENTATIVE. ITS ULTIMATELY UP TO MISS SUOMI ON WHAT WOULD HAPPENS SINCE THEY ARE STILL THE FRANCHISE HOLDERS...ITS THEIR DECISION. ITS CLEARLY NOT ABOUT MONEY FOR THEM. THAT WAS YOUR OPINION.

RIIKA WOULD HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND THE DECISION WOULD HAVE BEEN KNOWN LONG AGO IF SHE WASNT UNABLE TO DO SO DUE TO HER WORK AND EDUCATION.

No, I did not say it was just about he franchise fees. I stated that clearly there is somesort of frustration going on with all the fast tracks and unfairnes conserning BWAP, since for a while it looked like Iceland was the only nordic country that was going to compete. Something was cooking with all Nordic Countries, since Sweden had already dropped out last year and this year both Norway and Finland DID NOT crown a World representative. Norway is still not on the list.

Miss Finland pageant was held and the ONLY selected MISS UNIVERSE FINLAND and MISS INTERNATIONAL FINLAND, there was NO MISS WORLD FINLAND crowned, so clearly FINLAND had already made the decision to drop out before their national final. They even deleted MISS WORLD FINLAND text form their instagram profile. Now it only states UNIVERSE and INTERNATIONAL.

At that point they didn't even know that Riikka would be second runner up. So her studies and work had nothing to with this since there were no plans to send a delegate at all.

It was ONLY after FInland made an official statement that they will not be sending a delegate to Miss World this year, did the MWO start contacting and phoning them and asking them to please send a delegate. After these negotiations the 2nd ru Riikka was offered the title but she had already made other plans that she could not pass on anymore with such short notice.

So they made an inner choice and decided to send Dana Mononen.
Chelsea

Return to Miss World