|| Ian's Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 List ||

|| Ian's Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 List ||

Postby IanC062 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:06 pm

Ian's Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 List

Are we truly saying goodbye to Kiara 'Kiki' Ortega ? I can't believe it. One of the greatest revelations in pageantry of the past 10 years, she will be burned into the minds of pageant aficionados for many years to come.

As you may probably have guessed after that introduction, I'm not shy in admitting my fondness for the Queen's of the island nation of Puerto Rico. For such a small place, they have conquered numerous accolades in the pageant world and it truly is no mystery why they have been so successful. Their beauty, their spontaneity and their drive seems embedded into their culture. Yeah, there has been a rough patch since Zuleyka Rivera, Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2006 and Miss Universe 2006, last brought the Miss Universe title home, but since Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2001 and Miss Universe 2001, Denise Quiñones, took over the franchise last year, resulting in a Top 5 finish from Ms. Ortega, new life has been breathed back into the Puerto Rican franchise.

I couldn't not upload a list of who I believe should succeed the great Ms. Ortega. The drawback: this is one of the few times I have ever released an analysis of a pageant were I don't speak the language. Not a word: zilch, nada. Is 'Nada' Spanish ? I did it for Miss Venezuela 2013 and it was a disaster, so hopefully I can do more justice to the women of Puerto Rico. I have been low key following the 'Road to Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019' thread, reading the posts of many of the Puerto Rican forumers here, who were good enough to upload their analysis in English for all to read. And of course, my own personal taste must also be taken into consideration.

With all that being said, let us begin...

Top 16

Huh ? What ? Why ? Someone will have to explain to me why someone as youthful and pretty as Miss Aguada, Naomi López, would wear that atrocious gown at prelims. The way she speaks as well is very irritating. Every sentence ends with an inflection. I think she can still snag a spot but no more, please. Imagine a Q&A with her ? *Shudders*

I thought performance-wise, Miss Aguadilla, Shaleyka Vélez, had a good night at prelims. She has fallen under the radar though, which is unusual, considering she was 1st Runner-Up at Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2012. Gosh, that seems like a long time ago. I'm doubtful she will be able to replicate that night, especially with this batch of women.

I know that Miss Cayey, Verónica Montano, should be higher on this list. If I was Puerto Rican, she might very well be. But, hey, I am not, so she is not. With her experience as an actress, I wouldn't exactly fret over her communication skills, although judging by her gown choice, her taste levels maybe should be questioned. I suppose I am underwhelmed by her, so I will leave her here.

Baby girl is soo pretty. Miss Hatillo, Zorelys Lisboa, is, however, just that, a baby. I called it earlier though in the competition, that she has one of the strongest faces, which is clearly why she won the Photogenic subsidiary. Please, come back in 4 -5 years, Zorelys.

Miss San Sebastián, Estefania Soto, is to Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 what Miss North Carolina was to Miss USA 2019. Luckily, this is still Miss Universe Puerto Rico and beauty is still a major factor in deciding the winner. I would probably rank her though as the most admirable and best educated candidate.

I feel like I should have Miss Toa Alta, Ivana Irizarry, much higher on this list. I adore her profile, her philanthropic work particularly, and facially, I think she bares a resemblance to Monic Pérez, Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2013. However, according to this forum, she is hopeless at interviews, so alas, Ivana, you stops here.

Top 10

I have always found Miss Bayamón, Laihany Pontón, to have very strong features, to the point that I find her beauty to be divisive. I did, however, see one photo on the Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 thread were she was stripped bare, make-up wise, and she was stunning. But, her interview skills are apparently not up to scratch, but hey, she could go farther. She does have an unquestionably high profile.

I love this woman's complexion. How does Miss Lares, Auda López, manage to stay so pale when she is from the Caribbean ? I prefer the black hair on her also, as it makes her stick out more. One of the most elegant women in the batch, this chemistry student in training has never disappointed.

I think though, she might be a bit more reserved, than what we would be used to from a representative from Puerto Rice. Strong fan-base, though.

Another woman who apparently came out of nowhere, Miss Salinas, Virnalís Santiago, has interview skills that are right up there with the best. When you look into her profile, you can really see why.

Currently studying for her doctorate, that time spent in the library has developed one hell of an intelligence. She will have to do a lot more to really standout among the glamazons, but if this was the Miss USA pageant under IMG, Virnalís would be leading the pack.

She has one of the most unquestionably beautiful faces in the competition and I regard her beauty as being very IMG: approachable and charming, not intimidating. She has also managed to do a Ms. Ortega and win the Total Look subsidiary.

Miss Villalba, Vivianie Díaz, could very well take it all. I admire her work with deaf people, she's a good speaker and that blue gown at prelims stood out like there is no tomorrow. However, I find in group photos, her height is her waterloo. She gets overshadowed, quite literally.

Top 6

I can feel a pang of guilt by placing Miss Carolina, Tanya Romero, at this point. This black barbie is one of the strongest contestants in the roster.

However, I have had misgivings with her styling of late. She photographs old, which is absurd I know, but she does. I also would prefer if she kept her curls. Lately, she has abandoned them in favour of straight hair and I miss her Afro flare.

However, her saving grace is her educational attainments. In her interviews, her intelligence shines through and she knows what she's talking about. If she does get this far, she could steal the crown.

I'm still rooting for you, Tanya !

I was disappointed to read that Miss Loíza, Dorayma Mercado, had kind of flunked her interviews. She had started as a spark, transformed into a burning fire and than simmered down again. Than, prelims hit, and that white gown. Oh, mama ! She burst back into life.

I am expecting her to do quite well from the fan vote, but I don't believe she is the most beautiful contestant. I like that she has stayed au naturelle with her hair and she has a vibrancy sorely lacking in other contestants. Yet, would she really standout among contestants at an international level ?

My favourite underdog and one of my sentimental favourites, Miss Morovis, Hazel Ortíz, consistently has proven to be a pleasant surprise to me. I know that many here don't seem to have her on their radar but I have always liked her. She has a freshness that reminds me of Ms. Ortega and her degree in public relations is evident in her confidence and charisma. I think she can do really well come finals.

2nd Runner-Up
Is there a more beautiful face in this year's competition ? I wanted to place Miss Dorado, Rebeca Valentín, as my winner when she was announced as a finalist. And am I the only one who thinks she bares a striking resemblance to Denise Quiñones herself ? She has not disappointed, beauty-wise. She took a Top 5 position in Total Look and added the subsidiary title of Best Skin. At the preliminary, that gown, that face, it all just comes together.

But, and it is a big but, she displays almost no discernible personality in front of the camera. Everything about her is a blank stare. By all accounts, her interview skills leave a lot to be desired. If she wins and be under no illusions, she could certainly win, it's the oomph I worry about. She needs a kick up the- well, she needs some drive to really earn the crown.

1st Runner-Up
Can I hear the collective gasps all the way here in Ireland !? Maybe if I strain my ears, but, hear me out ! Undoubtedly, unquestionably, Miss Toa Baja, Madison Sara Anderson, is the favourite, especially of Puerto Rican's themselves, where it counts the most. But, and I have noticed my pal, fireprince, vocalise this opinion too: I just do not get it.

Being raised in the USA by a Puerto Rican family gives her the advantage of having fluency in English, although the Top 3 at Miss Universe 2016 did not speak English, so I'm not convinced this is a prerequisite to winning at IMG's Miss Universe. Yes, she is beautiful and she now has the Best Catwalk as a subsidiary title and was a Top 5 in Total Look, so the judges are clearly in sync with the Puerto Rican public but, I just really don't understand the hype. I'm assuming this is a sentimental thing, that maybe you just have to be Puerto Rican to get it ?

As I said, I love Puerto Rican Queens, and I'm sure if Madison wins she will be trained exceptionally well, yet it is there in the back of my mind that at this point in the game, I really think I should be on the bandwagon by now.

Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019
Now that the big favourite of just about everyone finishes at 1st Runner-Up on my list, there really is only one woman who can take the Puerto Rican crown in my eyes.

Always one of the favourites and never one to be left behind, Miss Camuy, Fabiola Valentín, has been consistent throughout her time in the competition: from photoshoots, to interviews and finally prelims, she has been inarguably a show of force. Her styling during evening gown was exquisite. It's all about projection with Fabiola. When she smiles, she lights up a room and she effortlessly draws the attention towards her. It's the Kiara effect.

I know she is young, still a teenager in fact, but the ambition and path of success she has so far trod upon are all plainly in sight. Adding the sash and crown to it is not out of the question.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is that.
Thank you to all for reading and I hope the language barrier was not too obvious in my analysis.

Best of luck to everyone in Puerto Rico on the June 13th. I cannot wait to see the results.

IanC062
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Re: || Ian's Miss Universe Puerto Rico 2019 List ||

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:21 pm

Babe, I actually love your list althought I would havewaited until prelims aired tonight for the sake of just confirming if those are your choices. But I have to say its not bad at all, I think we have the same Top 6 just shuffled. Very solid and possible list, imma counter a couple of those comments on my review but I have to say this is #DuchessApproved
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby Boricua21 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Mi amor i love your list hehe Fabiola is on my top 3 so hey i don't mind her winning the whole thing, she nailed every interview she has being, with a few flaws but fixable, she can prepared in time for Miss Universe and be set! you're approved jiji
Boricua21
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Boricua21
Date of Birth: 07 Aug 1988
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Listen to Music and Beauty Pageants
Message: "Voy a reir, voy a gozar, vivir mi vida la la la la"

Postby Tsatsabi » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:11 pm

Pretty accurate commentaries, a great top 16 and a very possible outcome! You've really been paying attention. I don't know why you said we wouldn't like your list! :%)) I love it!
Madison Anderson
Tsatsabi

Real Life Name/Nick: Carolina
Date of Birth: 07 Jun 1987
Profession: Freelancer
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Art & Photography

Postby The Duchess » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:48 pm

We are sensible people, Ian hahahaha
The Duchess

Postby TheGenuineBeauty » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:59 pm

Love your predictions :D/ :D/ :D/
PUERTO RICO REBORN

2018: Kiara Ortega (Top 5)
2019: Madison Anderson (1st RU)
2020: Estefania Soto (Top 10)
2021: Michelle Colon (Top 10)
2022: Ashley Cariño (TBA)
TheGenuineBeauty
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Date of Birth: 24 Jul 1996
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Promote what you love instead of attacking what you hate.

Postby IanC062 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:33 pm

You guys ! :%))

The Duchess wrote:Babe, I actually love your list althought I would havewaited until prelims aired tonight for the sake of just confirming if those are your choices. But I have to say its not bad at all, I think we have the same Top 6 just shuffled. Very solid and possible list, imma counter a couple of those comments on my review but I have to say this is #DuchessApproved

Babe !

:hx :hx :hx

Boricua21 wrote:
Mi amor i love your list hehe Fabiola is on my top 3 so hey i don't mind her winning the whole thing, she nailed every interview she has being, with a few flaws but fixable, she can prepared in time for Miss Universe and be set! you're approved jiji

Thank you !

Fabiola has the X-Factor for me but honestly, any of my Top 3 would give PR a sure fire place in the Top 10, minimum.

Tsatsabi wrote:
Pretty accurate commentaries, a great top 16 and a very possible outcome! You've really been paying attention. I don't know why you said we wouldn't like your list! :%)) I love it!

Just making sure I wasn't offending anyone. Always prefix to avoid confrontation. :%))

Thanks so much. That means a lot coming from you !

TheGenuineBeauty wrote:
Love your predictions :D/ :D/ :D/

Thank you !
IanC062

Postby Kukay » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Madison has this in the bag but Fabiola is giving her a run for her money with her exceptional catwalk .
PR will be spectacular this year .

So many girls are very fit btw .
They really prepared for this pageant.
Kukay
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.
SUPER SONICS are SPEEDIEST posters.

Date of Birth: 16 Nov 2007
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Tambay
Hobbies/Interests: Mang asar

Postby lingintexas » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Miss Toa Baja, Madison Sara Anderson is my pick but seriously most of the top 16 in your list can kill it at Miss Universe this year
lingintexas

Real Life Name/Nick: Alvin-Michael Tiago Linton
Date of Birth: 23 Jan 1984
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Chemical Engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: Computers

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:58 am

You gotta watch the Prelims
The Duchess

Postby Zinnia » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 am

Miss Camuy and Miss Dorado are pretty :hx

Miss Universe 2022 is like a rollercoaster ride.
FULL OF SURPRISES !!!

Zinnia
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 02 Apr 1995
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Fashion, Music, Food

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:39 pm

lingintexas wrote:Miss Toa Baja, Madison Sara Anderson is my pick but seriously most of the top 16 in your list can kill it at Miss Universe this year

I wish they had more titles...Like if Toa Baja wins Miss Universe, I would love Camuy for Supra. :hx
IanC062

Postby The Duchess » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:44 pm

IanC062 wrote:
lingintexas wrote:Miss Toa Baja, Madison Sara Anderson is my pick but seriously most of the top 16 in your list can kill it at Miss Universe this year

I wish they had more titles...Like if Toa Baja wins Miss Universe, I would love Camuy for Supra. :hx

That's where I see her right now and the pageant where you crown Supra (along with other) is actually open to auditions; I think they are waiting for MUPR to end to see which girls wanna cross =;))
The Duchess

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:56 pm

The Duchess wrote:
IanC062 wrote:

That's where I see her right now and the pageant where you crown Supra (along with other) is actually open to auditions; I think they are waiting for MUPR to end to see which girls wanna cross =;))

I would 100% support that scenario.
Camuy belongs on an international stage. :hx
IanC062