|| Ian's Binibining Pilipinas 2019 List ||

|| Ian's Binibining Pilipinas 2019 List ||

Postby IanC062 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Ian's Binibining Pilipinas 2019 List

Another year, another Binibining Pilipinas to analyse. This is my third year writing a wish list for the Philippines most popular pageant. After the bitter disappointment that was Miss USA 2019, I think it is now 100% fair to say that Binibining Pilipinas is the best national pageant on the planet. joint with Miss France.

With this roster, how do I feel ? Excited, in so far as it is anyone's game. That makes for a much more enjoyable watch than last year, were it was only one woman's right to take the top plum. Meh, as in so far as I am not blown away by many of them. I mean they are beautiful but I am doubtful that there will be any more crowns added to the Philippines trophy room. I could be wrong though.

Anyway, let's get it underway...

Top 15

I know that there is a Top 25 but that would take too much time to analyse. I do have a full time job, you know ? So I'm going to start with my Top 15 instead. These are the ladies who have survived swimsuit and evening gown. Now, they just have to succeed at the Q&A.

This is in random order, folks, but I think any of these 7 women can go farther and possibly even end the competition with a crown on their head.

Opening with...

A very beautiful, articulate contestant, Miss Los Baños, Laguna, Leren Mae Bautistaactually has a proven success in pageantry and her first attempt at her nation's biggest pageant has seen her become a major threat to the frontrunners. I actually think she could easily take the Miss International title if she plays her cards right.

I know she has passed relatively under the radar but Miss Iloilo City, Sigrid Grace Flores has actually impressed me during this competition. Like, from the get go, you can see she has put in a lot of effort to gain some momentum and improve upon her previous placement in 2018.

Okay, okay, she is a shorty, but Miss Pangasinan, Denielle Joie Nuñez Magno is a beauty and I think she is a really good speaker. If she was 5'8'', she would be a crown contender.

This lovely lady, Miss Cebu, Samantha Ashley Lo, gets so lost in a crowd and I don't think photos do her justice. But, when she talks, it is like she is meant to be on stage. If the interviews ring true, I can't imagine her not getting this far.

She came back with a vengeance, when it comes to her image, and Miss Pasig City, Maria Andrea Verdadero Abesamis should be commended for that. But, I'm still not convinced she is up to the task of going abroad to compete. I actually had her in the same ranking last year.

Agh ! I actually had Miss Sorsogon, Maria Isabela Galeria, as my Supranational winner until her 'Free Speech' moment. That face will easily get her this far but...Agh !

I am 50/50 on this contestant. I get the hype in so far as she has basically the same make-up, ethnically and culturally, as Catriona Gray. But, I also don't get the hype in the fact she bores the life out of me. Yet, we all know that fans and hype go a hell of a long way, so, I think it is possible Miss Masbate, Hannah Consencino Arnold, will prove me wrong. As I said, I am not blown away by her, but if she has the backing of her nation, than that is really all that matters.

The Runners-Up

I always feel that the runner-up positions should be filled by women who have just, and I mean just, been beaten to the finish line, but, can still come back in later years. Do you remember Hannah Ruth Sison ? My heart broke for her. That's why both of my runner-up positions have been filled by women who still have time to improve and compete again.

They are...

2nd Runner-Up
A lot of people really love this woman. I could see her making a splash at Grand International or Supranational. However, I feel she has just been beaten to post, which is why I have Miss Pampanga, Emma Mary Tiglao, as 2nd Runner-Up. Beauty-wise, Ms. Tiglao reminds me of Dindi Pajares (Remember her ?). She has the beauty, unequivocally, but I don't feel the charisma or intelligence is there just yet to warrant a sash, crown and of course, the responsibility that comes with it.

1st Runner-Up
The above criteria also fits Miss Puerto Princesa, Jessarie Dumaguing, as 1st Runner-Up. I actually love her face. It's very feminine. Her answer on 'Gender Equality' was one of the best, but, I saw a bit of nerves which made me nervous for her. She reminds me of Maxine Medina, but you know, with a brain. I can see her actually taking one of the crown's if everything goes in her favour on the final night.

Winner's Circle

Here they are, the crème de la crème of Ian's Binibining Pilipinas list. I know that this inevitably comes down to my own personal tastes, but I am happy enough with my results. Yeah, it has changed, especially with the video interviews and 'Free Speech' sessions, but for the most part, I think the consistency of these 6 ambitious Filipinas is why they are now standing pretty, heads and shoulders above the rest.

We begin with...

Bb. Pilipinas Globe 2019
I honestly don't know too much about this pageant, other than the super-beauty, Ann Colis, won it a few years ago for the Philippines. I think this is probably the least interesting title to win and I can't imagine there is much excitement to it.

But, it has to be won. After watching all the interviews and 'Free Speech' seesion, it is obvious to me that that this contestant must go international : Miss Daraga, Albay, Julia Eugenie Augustias Saubier, for Miss Globe 2019. I love how she stuck it to her critics, who hide behind keyboards and have the audacity to critcise someone. Fat ? FAT !? I have seen more fat on a chicken wing. You go, girl !

Bb. Pilipinas Intercontinental 2019
The first of two titles where the reigning Queen is from the Philippines, Karen Gallman brought pride to her nation by snatching this title last year. Could it be a Back2Back this year. Honestly, besides Ms. Gallman, I have always found the winner of this pageant hard to predict, the Philippines could do it, and than again, they could not.

One of my sentimental favourites, who I just couldn't leave out of my winner's circle, I think it is best to send Miss Maguindanao, Resham Ramirez Saeed, to Miss Intercontinental 2019. She has the beauty and her half-Pakistani ethnicity makes her a standout in any pageant, because, well, Pakistani people tend not to get a lot of representation in pageants. She proved her beauty is matched by her brain at the 'Free Speech' session. Any pageant would be lucky to have a woman of Ms. Saeed's calibre.

And can we agree that she is pure sexiness ? Thank you.

Bb. Pilipinas Grand International 2019
Like a sacrificial lamp to the slaughter, I am sending Miss Palawan, Samantha Mae Bernardo, to Miss Gwand International 2019. Now, I don't share in the entitlement of some Filipino's that you automatically deserve a placement wherever you go. That's nonsense and shows a complete lack of intelligence on the part of the individuals who think this, so I didn't have much of a problem with the Philippines clapping at Miss Gwand International 2018.

However, I do feel guilty for sending Ms. Bernardo here as I dislike immensely the rotten personality of Miss Gwand International's owner, whether it is telling contestants they need to lose weight or actively insulting them online. I also can't believe it is being held in Venezula. Like, are we serious ? A country that is on the brink and we are sending women to a competition there ? Ok, that isn't a recipe for disaster.

But, someone needs to win this title, and with a 2nd Runner-Up placement from last year and a noticeable improvement this year, Ms. Bernardo snags this title.

Bb. Pilipinas Supranational 2019
Every year I say it, and every year, without fail, my written wish doesn't come to fruition. I am begging, please, send a super beauty to the youngest of the 'Big 5'. Unlike most other pageants, it doesn't claim to be relevant and groundbreaking, whilst it's titleholders sit at home and do nothing. It is a beauty pageant, plain and simple, who's criteria is relatively easy to discern: beautiful, articulate and fun. It's current titleholder is the most travelled Queen of 2018 so far. It's not a job most would turn their noses up at.

Hence, I have chosen Miss Talisay City, Cebu, Gazini Christiana Jordi Ganados for Miss Supranational 2019. In my opinion, the most beautiful contestant this year, I was actually only going to put her in my Top 15 after seeing her Q&A videos, as they came off rehearsed, but than I saw her 'Free Speech' session and I was really impressed. If she can keep up that attitude and momentum, the Philippines could easily return to the Top 5 at Miss Supranational if Ms. Ganados takes this title.

Bb. Pilipinas International 2019
The pageant where the Philippines arguably has had the most success, this Tokyo based pageant, the 3rd oldest of the 'Big 5', has always loved Filipinas and they have taken the crown as recently as 2016. I will admit, I'm not quite sure what the criteria is to win. Beautiful, obviously, elegant and demur, from what I can gather, and a proficiency in English seems to help.

I will admit, that I am not a fan of this particular contestant, to the point that I left her completely off my 2018 list, but, and here comes the 2017 reference again, she seems to be inexplicably popular with her countrymen, just like the 2017 contestant who took this title, so I will honour their preferences by choosing Miss Negros Occidental, Vickie Marie Milagrosa Sausa Rushton, for Miss International 2019. I can see her fitting into the categories I have listed above and she has performed well in almost all aspects of the competition so far, taking even a subsidiary title, and her 1st Runner-Up status from last year almost inevitably gives her an edge over the other contestants.

Miss Universe Philippines 2019
This is it, the big one. The most popular pageant on the planet and unequivocally, the most popular pageant in the Philippines. The reigning Miss Universe 2018 ? Philippines very own Catriona Gray. Will there be a Back2Back for this Asian archipelago ? My head tells me no, for two reasons:

1) No woman in this roster is anywhere near the level of the most recent titleholders from this country, Pia Wurtzbach or Gray.
2) If IMG crowns another Filipina winner, 60% of it's Miss Universe titleholders will have come from here. That would be absurd, to say the least.

So, the real challenge, and I think most of you know it, is to continue the fabled streak, started in 2010. For that, you need beauty, brains, charisma and ambition. With this batch, I think we will have a repeat of 2017, where a very obviously intelligent and articulate candidate takes the top plum.

So, I give you Miss Bataan, Bea Patricia de Guzman Magtanong, for Miss Universe 2019. I was blown away by her interview skills, solidified further after her 'Free Speech' session. Girl has a brain ! Her advocacy is commendable and of course, personal to her profession, which I like. It shows she hasn't just picked something for the sake of it. And, have we talked about that profession ? Law seems to be the career of the year and the Philippines would join fellow powerhouses Colombia and the USA, in being represented by lawyers. I would love that coincidence.

That's it, everyone. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to read this and best of luck to the Philippines on the 9th June.

P.S. Please, bring back the numbers. I hate the sashes. They're just very American.

IanC062
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Re: || Ian's Binibining Pilipinas 2019 List ||

Postby blunderer » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:44 pm

Wow extensive list man. Kudos.
blunderer
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Buong Buong Marcos
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1988
Profession: Hot
Hobbies/Interests: Menace

Postby lunica » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:45 pm

i hope your list will materialize esp. your top choice.
lunica
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: model
Hobbies/Interests: modelling

Postby sophocles » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:28 pm

Very nice job. I agree with your choice for the top plum. As for Patch's chances if she becomes MUP, I will have to wait until after her 6-month preparation for Miss U.

There was a time after Catriona was crowned MUP when she was gaining weight and pictures of a slim, trim, and ethereal Tamaryn were coming out, and I was not all that optimistic about Catriona's chances. But when Cat emerged months later at the airport in Bangkok in that green ensemble, I immediately saw a winner.

Maybe Patch will win, maybe she won't. The point is, we sent our best.
sophocles

Date of Birth: 17 Jul 1971
Profession: lawyer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby lunica » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:13 pm

sophocles wrote:Very nice job. I agree with your choice for the top plum. As for Patch's chances if she becomes MUP, I will have to wait until after her 6-month preparation for Miss U.

There was a time after Catriona was crowned MUP when she was gaining weight and pictures of a slim, trim, and ethereal Tamaryn were coming out, and I was not all that optimistic about Catriona's chances. But when Cat emerged months later at the airport in Bangkok in that green ensemble, I immediately saw a winner.

:-* :-* :-*
lunica

Postby bluff » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:07 am

Ako after I watched the pre pageant. Na realize ko maybe Dumaguing, Saubier, and Magtanong. Sana kung manalo ang isa sa kanila sa MUP. Runner up yung dalawa para may next fight pa. Rushton and Arnold for international. Abesamis locked for supra. Globe for Bautista. Intercon for Tormes. And MGI for Ganados.
bluff
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: jeff
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: basketball, sex

Postby The Alchemist » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 am

OMG Ian you dropped Gazini from MUP?

I do like Patch Magtanong but I just want a statement candidate for 2019, a stellar beauty and only Gazini fits this and to some extent Emma Mary Tiglao.

Patch is the safest pick, that I get.
The Alchemist
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: Mar
Date of Birth: 15 Jul 1984
Profession: Traveler
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling

Postby The Alchemist » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:06 am

No Love for April Short? Joanne Tolledo? And Martina Diaz?
The Alchemist

Real Life Name/Nick: Mar
Date of Birth: 15 Jul 1984
Profession: Traveler
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling

Postby abid » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:17 am

sophocles wrote:Very nice job. I agree with your choice for the top plum. As for Patch's chances if she becomes MUP, I will have to wait until after her 6-month preparation for Miss U.

:=p
abid

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1995
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: bartender
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: playing billiards, swimming

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:46 pm

blunderer wrote:Wow extensive list man. Kudos.

Thanks, buddy.
Appreciate it ! >:D<
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:47 pm

lunica wrote:i hope your list will materialize esp. your top choice.

I love Patch too.
She is everything a modern Queen should be. :hx
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Catriona was always a certified Top 5 placement and when she landed in that green outfit, it was game over for all the other contestants.
I even knew that and I have never been her biggest fan.

I think with this batch, your placement streak isn't in danger. :=p
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:55 pm

The Alchemist wrote:OMG Ian you dropped Gazini from MUP?

I do like Patch Magtanong but I just want a statement candidate for 2019, a stellar beauty and only Gazini fits this and to some extent Emma Mary Tiglao.

Patch is the safest pick, that I get.

She is still the most beautiful contestant in the batch and she scraped back ALOT of points after the 'Free Speech' round. She was actually adorable. :hx
But, her rehearsed sounding videos make me nervous. I can't do a Sirene Sutton and base it all on beauty.

The Alchemist wrote:No Love for April Short? Joanne Tolledo? And Martina Diaz?

I only have 15 spots ! :%((
IanC062

Postby lunica » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:23 pm

IanC062 wrote:

I love Patch too.

Take a glimpse of Patch in the "Universe gives back Gala Night" just happened 4th june. :-*
lunica

Postby labelleza » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:33 pm

Patch Magtanong for MUP 2019! :!! :!! :!!
labelleza

Date of Birth: 01 Dec 1989
Profession: Engineer
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby purplesay » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 am

Definitely can see your list possibly materializing on June 9! Love your analysis, and agree with a lot of your points!
purplesay

Date of Birth: 05 Jul 1987
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professor finishing up the doctorate
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Cooking

Postby IanC062 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:20 pm

lunica wrote:
IanC062 wrote:

I love Patch too.

Take a glimpse of Patch in the "Universe gives back Gala Night" just happened 4th june. :-*

She was beautiful. :hx
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:21 pm

purplesay wrote:Definitely can see your list possibly materializing on June 9! Love your analysis, and agree with a lot of your points!

Thanks !
Appreciate it ! >:D<
IanC062

Postby Mildred Styles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:35 am

A great list! Patch is a very beautiful girl, she may not be the most beautiful but she's the most transformable. Her walk, her styling, her posture, her delivery in answers can be fixed easily but you can't fix intelligence and substance that easily in a couple of months and those two qualities are what makes Patch ahead of the other girls. If we are going to follow IMG's criteria in choosing a queen, She's the best we can offer.

ISILDA MOREIRA FOR MISSO'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Mildred Styles

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria Matilda
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1990
Profession: None
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby IanC062 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:58 pm

Mildred Styles wrote:
A great list! Patch is a very beautiful girl, she may not be the most beautiful but she's the most transformable. Her walk, her styling, her posture, her delivery in answers can be fixed easily but you can't fix intelligence and substance that easily in a couple of months and those two qualities are what makes Patch ahead of the other girls. If we are going to follow IMG's criteria in choosing a queen, She's the best we can offer.

Thanks very much, Mildred. I always appreciate your objectivity.

I think Patch is the one. It is hers to lose but yet still an open field, if you know what I mean ? :%))
IanC062

Postby Mildred Styles » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 pm

IanC062 wrote:
Mildred Styles wrote:

I think Patch is the one. It is hers to lose but yet still an open field, if you know what I mean ? :%))

I get what you mean. It's everyone's ball game at this point but Patch is the better choice if we want to at least reach the top 10.

ISILDA MOREIRA FOR MISSO'S NEXT TOP MODEL

Mildred Styles

Real Life Name/Nick: Maria Matilda
Date of Birth: 21 Sep 1990
Profession: None
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby IanC062 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:33 pm

Mildred Styles wrote:
IanC062 wrote:
Mildred Styles wrote:

I get what you mean. It's everyone's ball game at this point but Patch is the better choice if we want to at least reach the top 10.

She's the all rounder. Fingers crossed for her tomorrow.
IanC062

Return to Miss Universe