☘ Miss Ireland 2019 is Chelsea Farrell ☘

☘ Miss Ireland 2019 is Chelsea Farrell ☘

Postby IanC062 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Céad Míle Fáilte, fellow Missosologists !

The search for the 72nd Miss Ireland titleholder is about to get underway. Throughout the coming months, many lucky ladies will be chosen to represent their home counties or national businesses in the search for next the wearer of the Emerald Crown, one of the responsibilities of which is representing the Republic of Ireland in
Miss World 2019 in Thailand.

Before applying for entrance into Ireland's oldest pageant, prospective contestants must make sure that they can tick these boxes:

- Any candidate must have Irish citizenship. Obviously. Be a proud patriot, both North and South of the border with the UK.

- Be between the ages of 17 - 28. I'm afraid, ladies, you cannot be in any other age bracket. You're still beautiful, talented and intelligent though, so fear not.

- Must not be married, have been married or be a mother. Sorry, but if you really think about it, it does make sense. Your family is more important than any crown, I think we can all agree.

- Must not have a criminal record. Arguably the most important criteria. None of us are perfect, but a good moral character is an imperative.

Last year, a teacher and model from Cork, Aoife O'Sullivan, took the Emerald Crown. It was obviously a goal that was important to Ms. O'Sullivan, as she was 2nd Runner-Up at Miss Ireland 2015. Although an undoubtedly strong contestant, once again no placement was given to Ireland, something becoming all to common for us. We are closing in on a decade since our last placement.

Hopefully, this might be the year that Ireland returns to the semis of Miss World.
Here we go !

Last edited by IanC062 on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanC062
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Ian
Date of Birth: 07 Dec 1991
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Recruitment Consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: Films, music, reading, video games, running

Re: ☘♛ | Road to Miss Ireland 2019 | ♛☘

Postby IanC062 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Below, you will find the Official Media of the Miss Ireland Organisation :

Official Website
http://miss-ireland.ie/

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Miss-Ireland/105643402849134

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/missirelandorg/

Snapchat
missirelandorg

Twitter
https://twitter.com/MissIrelandORG

Below, you will find a timetable for the upcoming pageant year :

Miss Cork 2019 - 9th March - https://www.facebook.com/MissCorkWorld/?fref=ts
Miss Tipperary 2019 - 25th May - https://www.facebook.com/MissTipperary/
Last edited by IanC062 on Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:55 pm

Official Contestants:

Miss Carlow

Miss Cork

Miss Dublin West

Miss Kerry

Miss Kilkenny

Miss Tipperary
Last edited by IanC062 on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanC062

Postby Fany » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Cute post!
The golden era of Algerian pageantry ✨
Fany

Date of Birth: 02 Oct 1991
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: Beach, Food, Travel

Postby XAMURAI » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:00 am

Tried to write to Miss Ireland to send their runner-up to Miss International. Maybe your delegate will get much more attention here in Japan considering the fact that the 2019 World Cup Rugby will be held here, and will coincide with the Miss International pageant weeks.

My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby IanC062 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm

XAMURAI wrote:.

Tried to write to Miss Ireland to send their runner-up to Miss International. Maybe your delegate will get much more attention here in Japan considering the fact that the 2019 World Cup Rugby will be held here, and will coincide with the Miss International pageant weeks.

I wish Ireland would get some sort of franchise for Miss International. 32 women compete every year for Miss Ireland but only one girl walks away with the opportunity of a lifetime. I look at some of our runner-ups and finalists over the years and I think, hot damn, these women deserve more than just a consolation prize.

It would be great to see a triumphal return to Miss International with a triumph at the Rugby World Cup. We have a chance at at least one of them. :%))
IanC062

Postby IanC062 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Fany wrote:Cute post!

I aim to please !

:-D
IanC062

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:22 am

Actually it would be great to if you could help give them the heads up. I mean, I already tried with Miss Universe Ireland but I understand that they have probably exhaustged all of their finances for the Miss Universe franchise fee itself. So, Miss Ireland would be the better option, and their girls have the certain elegance and classiness which is more compatible with the MI system.

And I am serious about the 2019 Rugby World Cup thing. Last year the delegates from Argentina, Australia, New Zealand and UK etc were requested to visit Oita Prefecture because the capital city will be one of the venues for the World Cup. In fact, they requested for Uruguay too, but unfortunately Uruguay did not participate last year (although there is already a plan that Uruguay is competing this year).

Ireland has a huge fan base here!!!

IanC062 wrote:

I wish Ireland would get some sort of franchise for Miss International. 32 women compete every year for Miss Ireland but only one girl walks away with the opportunity of a lifetime. I look at some of our runner-ups and finalists over the years and I think, hot damn, these women deserve more than just a consolation prize.

It would be great to see a triumphal return to Miss International with a triumph at the Rugby World Cup. We have a chance at at least one of them. :%))

XAMURAI

Postby venice » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:12 pm

Attention? Or are you implying that Miss International is giving away placements to World Cup Rugby participants?

The money they'd spend to send a runner up to Japan would be better spent investing in a great BWP project for their queen. That's their only shortcoming compared to other girls in their region.
[youtube]mXrWiJcmvBI[/youtube]
venice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Dance Instructer
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, costume design, make up

Postby IanC062 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:38 pm

venice wrote:

Attention? Or are you implying that Miss International is giving away placements to World Cup Rugby participants?

The money they'd spend to send a runner up to Japan would be better spent investing in a great BWP project for their queen. That's their only shortcoming compared to other girls in their region.

That's not at all what Stephen is saying.

Japan is hosting the Rugby World Cup this year. Ireland is one of the favourites to win it. We have a kickass team. An Irish contestant would be able to talk about this if she was to be sent to Japan to compete. It would give her a tactical advantage, were she to use it correctly, not a guaranteed placement. Same as any other contestant, be it sash, background, education.
IanC062

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:44 am

venice wrote:

The Miss International Ireland would have attracted a lot of attention in Japan and could even raise more funds for Miss Ireland, coming from Japanese companies who may be able to bring job opportunities in Ireland if she knows how to play her cards well! What do you think the Miss International delegates from Argentina, Brazil, Russia, New Zealand, South Africa etc are doing right now? They speak in front of Japanese entrepreneurs who visit their country, and also speak about their experience in Japan during the Japan Day celebrations and other events being organized by the Embassy of Japan in their respective country. That's what a Miss International does, a true goodwill ambassador that connects her country to Japan and other countries through the friendship she builds all throughout her journey.

XAMURAI

Postby venice » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:24 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
venice wrote:

The Miss International Ireland would have attracted a lot of attention in Japan and could even raise more funds for Miss Ireland, coming from Japanese companies who may be able to bring job opportunities in Ireland if she knows how to play her cards well! What do you think the Miss International delegates from Argentina, Brazil, Russia, New Zealand, South Africa etc are doing right now? They speak in front of Japanese entrepreneurs who visit their country, and also speak about their experience in Japan during the Japan Day celebrations and other events being organized by the Embassy of Japan in their respective country. That's what a Miss International does, a true goodwill ambassador that connects her country to Japan and other countries through the friendship she builds all throughout her journey.

Is Miss International even that relevant or influential in Japan? I've seen clips of that show and I don't think it is. The fact that you are here soliciting the Irish thread starter for him to influence the Miss Ireland organization to take that franchise speaks for itself after you've failed with another pageant (MUI).

Don't try to use Rugby as a sales pitch. A pageant organizer should look at what matters to them before venturing into or try to benefit from third party events. What traction will a beauty queen get at a sport event other than being a decoration? Japanese investors are inclined to do business in any country even without a speech from a beauty queen as long as its profitable to them.
[youtube]mXrWiJcmvBI[/youtube]
venice

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Dance Instructer
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, costume design, make up

Postby IanC062 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:09 am

Our first contestant has been crowned !

Miss Cork 2019 is Sorcha McKeown !
IanC062

Postby The Duchess » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:25 pm

venice wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
venice wrote:

Is Miss International even that relevant or influential in Japan? I've seen clips of that show and I don't think it is. The fact that you are here soliciting the Irish thread starter for him to influence the Miss Ireland organization to take that franchise speaks for itself after you've failed with another pageant (MUI).

Don't try to use Rugby as a sales pitch. A pageant organizer should look at what matters to them before venturing into or try to benefit from third party events. What traction will a beauty queen get at a sport event other than being a decoration? Japanese investors are inclined to do business in any country even without a speech from a beauty queen as long as its profitable to them.

You obviously have a bone to pick with both MIO and Xamurai...
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby XAMURAI » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:09 am

venice wrote:
XAMURAI wrote:
venice wrote:

Well... sorry to burst your bubble but can you mention an international pageant out there who has an international brand name such as PANASONIC as a major sponsor ?

Can you name a pageant out there who is being supported by a reputable government in the same was the Japanese government supports Japan?

Can you name a pageant out there where in the government itself invites the delegates to do charity work for the victims of natural disasters (not some private people trying to hook them up to the government) in the same way JETRO has invited MI to visit Hokkaido last January?

ONLY MISS INTERNATIONAL can do that.

I'm so sorry to tell you, but I think you need to review your English to understand the meaning of the word "relevant". Panasonic and Toyota won't be supporting MI if it is as irrelevant as you. L-)

XAMURAI

Postby IanC062 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:25 pm

Miss Kerry 2019 was crowned.

Congratulations to Desiree Fitzgerald !

Miss Dublin West 2019 was crowned.

Congratulations to Laura Doyle !

Miss Carlow 2019 was crowned.

Congratulations to Natalia Nykiel !

Miss Kilkenny 2019 was crowned.

Congratulations to Emma McEvoy !

Miss Tipperary 2019 was crowned.

Congratulations to Kirsty Downey !
IanC062

Re: ☘ Miss Ireland 2019 is Chelsea Farrell ☘

Postby IanC062 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Miss Louth 2019 is now Miss Ireland 2019.

Congratulations to Ms. Chelsea Farrell !
IanC062

Return to Miss World