THERE IS NO BIG 5 PAGEANTS

Re: THERE IS NO BIG 5 PAGEANTS

Postby lucy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:55 am

pwa wrote:
Ex Miss wrote:
joshua wrote:
Ex Miss wrote:I might be very old fashioned, but for me personally even the Big 5 is too much. I grew up with Miss World and Miss Universe and to this day those are still the only 2 BIG pageants I follow from start to finish...

Yes you are right. But due to passage of time there are pageants born. But if you are old fashioned, how come you don't recognize Miss International and Miss Asia Pacific? Because I think Im also old fashioned but I knew Miss International and Miss Asia Pacific back then than Miss World. Miss World was not that popular in Philippines during my childhood. In the modern time as now, only Miss Earth that is worth up there. Miss Earth was just lucky to be recognized at a young age after surpassing the number of delegates in Miss International

Honestly??? You asked someone who was raised in AFRICA why they don`t recognize Miss ASIA Pacific??? Your answer is in the continents...

South Africa has been sending Miss South Africa to both Miss World and Miss Universe for many, many years. I think that is why I only paid attention to the Big 2. No offence to any other International pageant, but South Africans in general talk about the Big 2 only, because very little coverage is given to the other pageants. I sometimes have to wait for the leaderboards to see what the South African representative looks like!!! (So I need to keep my fingers crossed that they will make it into the selected group!!)

For a couple of years South Africa would send the official Miss South Africa to Miss World and another girl will be chosen to represent the country in Miss Universe. Representatives to other international pageants still receive very little, if any, exposure!!

I do have to stress that I did mention that it is my PERSONAL opinion on the so-called Big 5. For me, there will always only be Miss World and Miss Universe: In South Africa THE BIG 5 are the Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino and the Lion!!

I agreed with you. Only MW and Miss Universe. If I remember correctly, after 2000 all the winners from MW and Miss Universe both had a chance to meet their countries' leader (president or PM) except USA and China. I know pinoy here always discredited MW and credited ME, but the truth is MW and Miss Universe are highly recognized and respected from over the world. The TV news from the country I live right now showed Miss Universe and MV competitions and winners, including winners' personal info. But they never showed any info of other beauty pageants.

In terms of other pageants, I feel MGI is getting better and better. I hope MI should be operated by another country.

I'M A FILIPINO, BUT I PREFER MISS WORLD THAN MISS U BILLION TIMES!, DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OTHER MINOR PAGEANTS LIKE MESS EARTH! 8-} , MISS INTERNATIONAL IS FINE :=p

lucy
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: lucy
Date of Birth: 12 Dec 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: professor
Hobbies/Interests: pageants, tennis, beaches, heritage sites

Postby RainBernardi » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:14 am

Just 3:
Universe
World
International

the rest are minor pageants
RainBernardi

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: IT
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Postby sharpEYED » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:50 am

[quote="pippo93"][size=150]ONLY BIG 2
[color=#FF0080]1. MISS UNIVERSE[/color] (QUALITY OF THE SHOW, HIGH LEVEL OF WINNERS & CONTESTANTS, EXCELLENT COVERAGE, HOSTS & PERFORMERS)

[color=#FF8000]2. MISS WORLD [/color](TRADITIONS, HIGH QUALITY OF THE WINNERS, GOOD COVERAGE, THE BEST PRE-PAGEANT ACTIVITIES BUT VERY VERY VERY BORING FINAL SHOW WITH NO CLEAR WAY OF SELECTIONS)

THE OTHER ARE ONLY MINOR PAGEANTS

[color=#008040]MISS INTERNATIONAL:[/color] BOOOOOOOOORING TO DEATH. THIS PAGEANT IS NEAR TO THE EXTINTION. INSTEAD OF CREATE NEW PAGEANTS EVERY SECOND, SOMEONE SHOULD BUY THE ENTIRE PAGEANT AND MAKE IT GREAT AGAIN, AT LEAST FOR THE FINAL SHOW. SOME OF THE WINNERS ARE OF HIGH LEVELES (EDYMAR :hx :hx :hx :hx & ALSO KYLIE)

[color=#FF0000]MISS EARTH:[/color] AFTER MISS WORLD, THE BEST PRE-PAGEANT ACTIVITIES. BUT EVERY YEAR THIS PAGEANT LACK SOMETHING. PRODUCTION IS NOT SO GOOD (BUT NOT WORST, IS STILL EXCITING TO SEE) BUT THE BIGGEST DOWNFALL OF MISS EARTH IS THE CHOSEN WINNERS (AND THIS YEARS IS THE CLEAR EXAMPLE). EXCEPT THE GODDESS TRIO OF 2012, 2013, 2014 (I LOVE EVERY OF THOSE THREE, GODDESS ON EARTH, THEY SHOULD HAVE COMPETED IN MISS UNIVERSE, EXPECIALLY TEREZA THAT ARE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL MISS EARTH EVER), THE OTHERS WINNER ARE BETWEEN THE WORST, THE MEDIOCRE AND SOMETHING GOOD

[color=#0000BF]MISS SUPRANATIONAL:[/color] AFTER MISS UNIVERSE, MISS SUPRANATIONAL IS THE BEST IN TERMS OF PRODUCTIONS. ITS FINAL SHOW IS REALLY GREAT AND GLAMOROUS AND WHEN I SEE IT, I SEE THE IDENTITY OF MISS SUPRANATIONAL (INSTEAD OF Miss Gwand INTERNATIONAL, THAT IS A BAD COPYCAT OF MISS UNIVERSE). I THINK THAT MISS SUPRANATIONAL IS ON THE RIGHT TRACK TO BECOME ONE OF THE BIG. BUT ITS BIGGEST DOWNFALL IS THE LOWER LEVELS OF THE CANDIDATE AND THE WTF WINNERS (EXCEPT IN 2013 AND 2015, TWO GODDESS).
I THINK THAT WBA SHOULD FOCUSE MORE ON THE MALE PAGEANT, BECAUSE IN ONLY TWO YEARS HAS MADE THE BAR REALLY HIGH. NO ONE IS NEAR TO MISTER SUPRANATIONAL IN TERMS OF PRODUCTIONS AND ALSO THE TWO WINNERS ARE HANDSOME. IF THEY FOCUSED ON THE MALE PAGEANT, THEY WILL BE THE FIRST.

THE OTHERS PAGEANTS DOESN'T NEED MY TIME. THEY ARE MORE THAN IRRELEVANT.

MY RANKING
1. MISS UNIVERSE
2. MISS WORLD
3. MISS SUPRANATIONAL
4. MISS EARTH
5. MISS INTERNATIONAL[/size][/quote]

I must agree with the big 2 since they are the oldest

But saying Miss World has the best pre-pageants activities? YOU ARE JOKING right? Miss Earth activities is incomparable in the last 2 years. The only let down of this year's Miss Earth is the crowned queen, she may not be beautiful to majority of pageant fanatics but we cannot ignore the fact that Miss Earth has improved a lot.

Miss World is slowly fading and Miss International is making a come-back with how they support their Queen's project and travels, they only need to make more extra effort.

Miss Universe is Miss Universe!
sharpEYED
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Missharry
Date of Birth: 31 Jan 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: P.R Executive - Vlogger
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Events Planning

Postby Oma-san » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:49 pm

lucy wrote:
pwa wrote:
Ex Miss wrote:
joshua wrote:
Ex Miss wrote:I might be very old fashioned, but for me personally even the Big 5 is too much. I grew up with Miss World and Miss Universe and to this day those are still the only 2 BIG pageants I follow from start to finish...

Yes you are right. But due to passage of time there are pageants born. But if you are old fashioned, how come you don't recognize Miss International and Miss Asia Pacific? Because I think Im also old fashioned but I knew Miss International and Miss Asia Pacific back then than Miss World. Miss World was not that popular in Philippines during my childhood. In the modern time as now, only Miss Earth that is worth up there. Miss Earth was just lucky to be recognized at a young age after surpassing the number of delegates in Miss International

Honestly??? You asked someone who was raised in AFRICA why they don`t recognize Miss ASIA Pacific??? Your answer is in the continents...

South Africa has been sending Miss South Africa to both Miss World and Miss Universe for many, many years. I think that is why I only paid attention to the Big 2. No offence to any other International pageant, but South Africans in general talk about the Big 2 only, because very little coverage is given to the other pageants. I sometimes have to wait for the leaderboards to see what the South African representative looks like!!! (So I need to keep my fingers crossed that they will make it into the selected group!!)

For a couple of years South Africa would send the official Miss South Africa to Miss World and another girl will be chosen to represent the country in Miss Universe. Representatives to other international pageants still receive very little, if any, exposure!!

I do have to stress that I did mention that it is my PERSONAL opinion on the so-called Big 5. For me, there will always only be Miss World and Miss Universe: In South Africa THE BIG 5 are the Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Rhino and the Lion!!

I agreed with you. Only MW and Miss Universe. If I remember correctly, after 2000 all the winners from MW and Miss Universe both had a chance to meet their countries' leader (president or PM) except USA and China. I know pinoy here always discredited MW and credited ME, but the truth is MW and Miss Universe are highly recognized and respected from over the world. The TV news from the country I live right now showed Miss Universe and MV competitions and winners, including winners' personal info. But they never showed any info of other beauty pageants.

In terms of other pageants, I feel MGI is getting better and better. I hope MI should be operated by another country.

I'M A FILIPINO, BUT I PREFER MISS WORLD THAN MISS U BILLION TIMES!, DON'T CARE ABOUT THE OTHER MINOR PAGEANTS LIKE MESS EARTH! 8-} , MISS INTERNATIONAL IS FINE :=p

Miss World may be boring but the advocacy of the organization is clear and genuine unlike Miss Universe. How many Miss Universe winners have made an impact in the HIV/AIDS cause? I think the pageant was considered prestigious just like Miss Universe and after Trump bought, he kept it relevant but purely based on entertainment. So now, it's becoming difficult for Miss Universe to surface without the entertainment factor of course. Analyzing it now, it seems that's what Miss Universe was all about.
Oma-san
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby mybadname » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 am

I only watched Miss Universe and Miss Earth. The rest are irrelevant.
my name is bad but i am good

Miss Universe only and nothing else!
mybadname

Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:27 pm

BIG4 ONLY

MISS UNIVERSE
INTERNATIONAL
EARTH
WORLD

in that order
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Malcanthet » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:02 pm

In terms of name recognition by non-pageant follower, the everyday person on the street who do not care about beauty pageants, only two names will emerge, Miss Universe and Miss World.
Malcanthet
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: TCL
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1969
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Adm Asst
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Music, swimming

Previous

Return to Miss Grand International