██QARLO'S 20 SIRENS OF BEAUTY(MISS UNIVERSE '19 PICKS)

██QARLO'S 20 SIRENS OF BEAUTY(MISS UNIVERSE '19 PICKS)

Postby Qarlo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:19 am

This edition of Miss Universe is one of the toughest batch yet and it was quite a challenging task to come up with just top 20 choices when there are underdogs that surprised many pageant aficionados during the preliminary competition, even outshining the more popular candidates this year. Expect many surprise placements especially when there is still the closed-door interviews with the judges that could really determine which countries sealed the deal on this year’s Miss Universe pageant. Now, here are my 20 sirens of beauty who I think could likely make it to the first cut and have the chance to compete in this cutthroat pageant arena!

20th to 16th place

CROATIA

Mia is the legit fierce goddess of beauty of this year's Miss Universe pageant, the type of beauty
that Trump would go head over heels with during his Miss Universe regime. Unfortunately, it can
never be the case anymore as his era is over and beauties such as Mia are almost nearly extinct
on the Miss Universe stage.

TANZANIA

Shubila has the makings of a supermodel! Her distinct features make her such a standout and
this is really important when faced with really tough competition in one of the best batch of
contestants in Miss Universe history. I wish the judges could quickly pick up on this and place
her accordingly.

INDONESIA

I am self-confessed hater turned admirer of Frederika. She has proven me wrong, once thinking
that she's just another spoiled teenager coming from an influential family who could buy her
anything, including her placement on everyone's list. She has grown on me seeing how genuinely
friendly and endearing she is to her fans and fellow contestants and being an animal welfare
advocate, and all these attributes will always be rewarded with good karma. You have a winner in
her, Indonesia, and I hope she'll make y'all proud.

HAITI

The other Gabriela! She is silently killing this competition. The afro, facial features, bone
structure and styling make her overall look really edgy. She is one of the biggest surprises who
we could expect in the finals.

PERU

Kelin puts up a very good fight with a sleek performance at the preliminaries and I observed
how she's always in competition mode even if the cameras aren't focused on her. She just has to
standout more to get noticed in this really tough batch.

15th to 11th place

USA

Putting Miss USA in every prediction list is already a giveaway because the Miss USA pageant
system is its reps' training ground, making Chelsie a formidable competition in this year's
pageant apart from having impressive credentials and a sculpted body of a disciplined beauty
queen.

NETHERLANDS

Sharon could be the pleasant surprise in the finals. There is this air of sensuality that surrounds
her and she's very comfortable in her own skin. She's definitely the type of person you'd hangout
with in an island or a nudist beach.

ALBANIA

Cindy is the type of beauty that is a casualty from this day and age in beauty pageants wherein
the competition is all about social media hype and popularity, and real beauty doesn't even
matter anymore. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it far in the competition just
by traditional beauty pageant standards alone.

SOUTH AFRICA

Sassy-Zozibini! It always seems that there's never a dull moment whenever she's around and this
translates in the way she moves and interact with everyone, especially the crowd and her fellow
contestants. She was great in her national pageant and was even better during preliminaries,
possibly securing her a firm spot in the finals.

FRANCE

My heart goes to Maeva after that unfortunate slip on the floor, but still all-smiles during that
quick recovery making the audience love her even more. I often say that Maeva is too good for
beauty pageants even Miss Universe, because her beauty, alone, could land her a big break in
Hollywood. She looks expensive and always red carpet ready. Just put on a good dress and the
cameras will go clicking again! She is simply in a league of her own.

10th to 6th place

INDIA

There is really something wrong with the pageant system or selection process if India won't
make the cut again this year. This country has been a hit or miss in Miss Universe in recent years,
but now that they've chosen an actual crown-worthy beauty, it's about time to put India back in
the finalists roster and reclaim their place as a powerhouse country in Miss Universe.

VIETNAM

Hoang was a sight to behold on stage. Her commanding presence sealed the deal for me.
Probably one of the most spotless performances during the preliminary round and I can't wait to
see more of Hoang Thuy so I hope she really makes the cut!

ICELAND

Birta has a really good story to tell enduring racial discrimination and surviving hate crimes, very
fitting for host city, Atlanta, that celebrates black pride. I have a feeling that once she makes it
to the questions and answer round, a related question would be asked of her and the rest will be
history!

KENYA

Stacy, in my opinion, is the best among the ebony beauties this year. With that Riri vibe and Tyra
Banks forehead, what more could we ask for? She is easily top 5 material, but then again, there
are several top five-worthy girls this year so I will just leave it to how she will continue to shine
until the finals night.

PUERTO RICO

As much as I'd like to say that Maddison is the total package fit for the title, she somehow
flatlined in the competition, but after seeing her performance, the Puerto Rican flare has always
been there after all and it just got ignited on stage during preliminaries. This brought back my
faith in her, enough to secure her for a finalist spot.

5th place to Miss Universe 2018!

IRELAND

What better way to crown a Miss Universe than with crowning a NASA Datanaut 50 years after
the first man landed on the moon. Fig is surprisingly good on stage although Europeans normally
lack performance in Miss Universe and she has the brains to back it all up apart from making
history as the first NASA data analyst to compete in Miss Universe.

BRAZIL

My fascination with Julia can only come from me fantasizing about her having a buzz haircut,
that she'd actually look like my ultimate teenage crush, Mario Lopez. Aside from that, she lived
up to the hype since day one in Atlanta. Her pizzazz is just undeniable and her presence always
seem to illuminate an entire room, and evidently, the Miss Universe stage as well.

PHILIPPINES

The contestant with the toughest act to follow! Many were quick to judge her capabilities
especially on interviews, but she proved her critics wrong! She is so at ease when speaking and
there is just something in her that draws you more to her the more you listen and watch her. It's
almost like taking a chill pill and we can't get enough of it. She obliterates the competition even
if she wears the country sash of the current Miss Universe. Only haters could be in complete
denieal of this fact. Gazini is her own brand and she is not competing under anyone's shadow,
not even her behemoth predecessor, Catriona. A back-to-back victory for the Philippines is very
likely!

COLOMBIA

The untouchable. The Alpha Female. Colombia's sweet revenge from last year's non-placement.
There's just nothing but good words to describe Gabriela. She is packaged like the actual winner
and her stature is like she is the current Miss Universe titleholder already. Only the Mouawad
crown is missing on her head and she's good to go, ready to move to her NYC apartment.

THAILAND

The copycat (Copy-Catriona), and why not? It is always better to do things inspired by the winner
anyway, if that's what it takes to win. The more people talk about Paween, the more evident it is
that she is still a major threat in this competition. I don't mind if she's the chosen one or if people
want to put it that way based on the signs pointing to how favored she is to win, but she still
has to rightfully earn the title. What's even more daunting is her making it past the first cut from
a bevy of equally competitive girls especially after that average preliminary performance, but I
trust that her pleasing disposition could win the hearts of the judges. Thailand has been sending
strong contestants for this pageant and Paween is the most complete so far, so if she doesn't
bomb her answer in the finals, another title for Thailand is at hand!

Thank you for reading and may the most deserving contestant win!

(click image)
Qarlo
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 06 Aug 1980
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: pet groomer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: cats & dogs
Message: The foundations of freedom are edged on solid ground.

Re: ██QARLO'S 20 SIRENS OF BEAUTY(MISS UNIVERSE '19 PICKS)

Postby tristanjosh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:40 am

WOW.

Apart from the cool animations of each delegate you reviewed, this is a quality post worth reading.

And My God. You maybe right. :=p

Keep it up!
Mabuhay! Goodluck Miss Philippines and All the best To All The Candidates of Miss Universe !
tristanjosh
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 28 Dec 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: .
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: .....

Postby Qarlo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:46 am

tristanjosh wrote:WOW.

Apart from the cool animations of each delegate you reviewed, this is a quality post worth reading.

And My God. You maybe right. :=p

Keep it up!

Thank you for reading, though I am now receiving a lot of hate for these choices. It's just a personal opinion. And like I said, may the best girl win.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby akosibatman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:13 am

KENYA AND CROATIA WILL SLAY THE OVERRATED GIRLS :!! :!! :!! :!!
akosibatman
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: batman
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1972
Profession: scientist
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rat
Hobbies/Interests: shopping

Postby Qarlo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:18 am

akosibatman wrote:KENYA AND CROATIA WILL SLAY THE OVERRATED GIRLS :!! :!! :!! :!!

I think so, too. Thanks for reading.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:58 pm

We talk everyday, we exchange opinions and views everyday along with our Misso friends Nhoigee MarckPrince Tala and Kirina Urduja. And it is always a fun time sharing our thoughts at this year’s Miss Universe.

I really love Iceland last night along with Kenya. Gazini will always be controversial as she’s wearing the Philippine sash. There will always be this damn if u do, damn if u dont scenario, and I’m lovin it. I like that even up to now, there is this intense suspense. Part of u is hoping and wishing and part you just simply do not wanna entertain the thought of a back to back as you do not want to be affected and hurt.

As I have said, Colombia Brazil and Philippines are the trifecta. Kenya, France, Vietnam, India and South Africa are not far behind.

With Fahsai, I wouldn’t mind her winning. If she wins, maybe it is indeed her destiny. Thailand this year has produced a Miss International and a Miss Supranational. Both girls are indeed beautiful, humble and authentic. Those things made them a winner. I really hope Fahsai will deliver and wow me. Part of my disappointment comes from seeing her a second rate version of Catriona.

UNO - God of Beauty
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Qarlo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:

Part of u is hoping and wishing and part you just simply do not wanna entertain the thought of a back to back as you do not want to be affected and hurt.

This is exactly how I feel and as much as I want to put Gazini as my winner, the last time we both put the same winner, Jinxed Mariam Habach, which lead to the birth of Miss El Tocuyo (thanks to us).
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Qarlo wrote:
UNO - God of Beauty wrote:

Part of u is hoping and wishing and part you just simply do not wanna entertain the thought of a back to back as you do not want to be affected and hurt.

This is exactly how I feel and as much as I want to put Gazini as my winner, the last time we both put the same winner, Jinxed Mariam Habach, which lead to the birth of Miss El Tocuyo (thanks to us).

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:22 pm

One like for the animations :=p

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby alikafashion » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:56 pm

Thanks for your review
But only for your record, Indonesia never bought her placement on everyone's list, the rumour was made and invented by the one and only pinoys. Many pinoys have been trying to destroy Frederica's reputation since months including making a fake Instagram account to insult Iris' family.
So as a pageant expert, you should have done some deeper fact-checking
Because Frederica has always been on big pageant portals including missiology , and now she is on many ex miss universe and candidate's lists so quality talks first . thanks
alikafashion

Real Life Name/Nick: quarts
Date of Birth: 21 Mar 1989
Profession: blogger
Hobbies/Interests: singing

Postby MISS COSMOPOLITAN » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:49 am

Pretty good list!

MU-Diaz, Moran, Wurtzbach, Gray
MW-Young
MI-Cruz, Pijuan, Marquez, Quigaman, Santiago, Verzosa
ME-Henry, Herrell, Ong, Ibasco
MS-Datul
MIC-Gallman, Obeñita
MISS COSMOPOLITAN

Real Life Name/Nick: Justine Cairo Larosa-Esquivel
Date of Birth: 16 Aug 1983
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Experto en concursos de belleza
Chinese Zodiac: Pig
Hobbies/Interests: Concursos de Belleza

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:21 am

alikafashion wrote: Thanks for your review
But only for your record, Indonesia never bought her placement on everyone's list, the rumour was made and invented by the one and only pinoys. Many pinoys have been trying to destroy Frederica's reputation since months including making a fake Instagram account to insult Iris' family.
So as a pageant expert, you should have done some deeper fact-checking
Because Frederica has always been on big pageant portals including missiology , and now she is on many ex miss universe and candidate's lists so quality talks first . thanks

Apparently, you didn't read enough. It is why I said I had a change of heart towards Fred and I am now a fan, cos all the misconceptions about her I found out to be wrong!
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:24 am

MISS COSMOPOLITAN wrote:Pretty good list!

Thank you. It could really be Thailand's year.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby RJ Dela Vega » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:09 am

Hi Qarlo miss you.. I love that mermaid animation that is cool..
RJ Dela Vega
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: RJ
Date of Birth: 25 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: Chef
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Baking

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:20 am

RJ Dela Vega wrote:Hi Qarlo miss you.. I love that mermaid animation that is cool..

Thank you very much! Missing everyone too, especially the old feel of Missosology. Gone are those days, especially when it's Miss Universe season :cry:
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby taleyblue » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:47 am

You shouldn't write about Thailand like this!!be professional! [-X
taleyblue
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Date of Birth: 17 Apr 1981
Profession: God of beauty!
Hobbies/Interests: Running ,Gym & beauty pageant
Message: Once You Start Believing In Yourself, Magic Starts Happening!

Postby brent520 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:13 am

Good list!

Fahsai will not bomb her final answer this time because she will use an interpreter.

It’s all over pageant portals now.

A fluent English speaker who will use an interpeter.

Hmmm sounds weird
brent520
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:19 am

brent520 wrote:Good list!

Fahsai will not bomb her final answer this time because she will use an interpreter.

Hmmm sounds weird

This has been tried and tested over the years, especially by Latina candidates when answering questions. It gives them more time to think about the question while the translator is doing his/ her job.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:21 am

taleyblue wrote:You shouldn't write about Thailand like this!!be professional! [-X

Truth is like a bitter pill, usually hard to swallow.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby brent520 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:14 am

Qarlo wrote:

Hmmm sounds weird

This has been tried and tested over the years, especially by Latina candidates when answering questions. It give them more time to think about the question while the translator is doing his/ her job.

A view it differently, it’s a form of cheating.. anyway let’s move on
brent520

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am

brent520 wrote:
Qarlo wrote:

Hmmm sounds weird

This has been tried and tested over the years, especially by Latina candidates when answering questions. It give them more time to think about the question while the translator is doing his/ her job.

They're really strategizing and doing everything they could to make it easier for her to win. Also, I think they are being more careful this time especially after her q&a track record from the previous pageants she joined in.
(click image)
Qarlo

Postby brent520 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 am

Qarlo wrote:
brent520 wrote:
Qarlo wrote:

Hmmm sounds weird

They're really strategizing and doing everything they could to make it easier for her to win. Also, I think they are being more careful this time especially after her q&a track record from the previous pageants she joined in.

It means she is NOT all that. I’ll just wait for her runner ups. This is waaaay too obvious. But as the old addage goes if you can’t beat ‘em, cheat ‘em
brent520

Postby arkenken » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm

In social media, Philippines is almost being ignored by some of the biggest fan pages. What is the disconnect here?
I think people in Misso is more credible. But what do you guys think?
Everything is so finite. But don't you think that that's what makes our time, at specific moments, so important?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
arkenken

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1990
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: watching movies.

Postby Qarlo » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm

arkenken wrote:In social media, Philippines is almost being ignored by some of the biggest fan pages. What is the disconnect here?
I think people in Misso is more credible. But what do you guys think?

I AGREE. Many of these pages especially the latino page makers deliberately lowballed Gazini. Sadly, The hate towards Pinoy beauty queens are really rampant these days, no matter how deserving or competitive our girl is. All I can say is don't mind these people. They could hate all they want, but there's no stopping us in this industry. We can't to anything, especially to those Puerto Ricans, who already come to a point of inflicting physical injuries, like what recently happened, cos of their jealousy and self denial. They couldn't accept that their time and consistency in Miss Universe is over. Honestly, as much as Maddison is really competitive, she is a much weaker rep than Kiara last year and she is more likely not to place while Gazini is sure to place tomorrow although they are putting Maddison very hight on their list. Let's just watch their heartbreak and disappointments tomorrow.
(click image)
Qarlo

Return to Miss Universe