Fermnedoza"s Miss Philippines Earth 2020 Review

Fermnedoza"s Miss Philippines Earth 2020 Review

Postby fermnedoza » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:26 am

Flaunting their ability to adapt to the challenges of the changing times Carousel Productions staged the first ever virtual national pageant in the Philippines (or the world perhaps?) with the 20th edition of the Miss Philippines Earth contest.

The staging reminded me of Angelia Ong's "We will because we can" slogan that bagged her the international Miss Earth title on on 2015 as Carousel Production pushed this year's national pageant despite restrictions caused by the quarantine imposed by the government to address the COVID-19 pandemic.

For a trial and experiment. Carousel did pull it off beautifully and impressively.

The result was both surreal and needs getting used to
as the 33 candidates and the people that judged them did their stuffs in the comfort of the venues of their choice - mostly in their respective homes using the Zoom online meeting platform.

[/size]
The Host: Paolo Bediones

A veteran host of beauty pageants, Bediones proved himself dependable in getting the show going on. Its been a long while (two years) since we saw him on tv and hosting MPE for his comeback proved to be a good venue for him. While he lacks the vibrance of james Deakin and the youthful vibe of Robi Domingo he certainly was among the better choices from the limited roster of GMA 7's mele emcees/hosts.

The Show

[youtube]VQgyA9ulm4[/youtube]

There were a number of things we missed in this kind of staging of a pageant. For one, it lacks the pomp, glitter and glamour of a pageant held in an actual venue. We missed the performance of
an opening number by the delegates to set the tone of the evening (or day). We missed the noise from a live audience.

A virtual pageant lacks the excitement and entertainment that we came to expect from how Philippines pageants used to be. as it also robbed the delegates the opportunity to showcase the skills of setting a stage on fire with their pasarelas during the swimsuit and long gown competitions.

The Judges

Certainly, this year's panel is among the most impressive roster to ever judge MPE as it includes former Miss Earth titleholders Alexandra Braun (2005) and Nicole Faria (2010), GMA Network VP for Program Management Joey Abacan, environmentalist Matthias Gelber, Hana Shampoo Marketing Manager Carlos Bacani and former Miss RP Suzanne Gonzalez Gommer who represented the country in Miss World 1975.

The Delegates

This year's batch of 33 delegates was to me an improvement or an upgrade from last year's batch in terms of quality and crown worthy contenders.

The Winners

Without question this has to be one of the strongest top 10 and top five we've seen at MiPE in terms of beauty and ability to handle the questions and answer portion though things could have turned differently had the girls got the opportunity to strut and made their presence be felt on a stage.

While I thought that the fight for the MPE 2020 crown will actually be between Misses Daraga and Mandaluyong City who gave "Empathy" and "Compassion" as their answers to the final question in the end I deemed that the named winner Roxanne Allison Baeyens of Baguio City as indeed the right choice. and nope, we did not have a Tereza Fajksová moment wherein beauty won over brains which rarely or even remotely happens at Carousel's pageant rather we are given a beautiful winner who also has the ability to come up with unconventional and unexpected answer to a question that tempts a respondent to give pageant patty and cliche answers.

Miss Earth 2020[/b]

[b]Over the years, we look at Miss Philippines Earth for portent of things to comer in the international Miss Earth pageant as what happened with the MPE are usually applied and adapted by Carousel Production to their international pageant. Thus should we now prepare ourselves to a virtual edition of the 20th ME contest? Will this year's Miss Earth be also crowned virtually? I hope not!

A virtual staging of a national pageant is fine just for the sake of having it over and done with but I want to see the 20th edition of ME being done in an actual stage and in a traditional way with all the pomp and glitz and festivities we came to associate with ME that I rather have it stage next year when things are a lot safer.[ Why deprive the members of batch 2020 the life-changing experience of building friendship, of learning from their fellow delegates different cultures, traditions and even coping mechanisms on how to deal and adapt to our changed ways of life
[

fermnedoza
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Re: Fermnedoza"s Miss Philippines Earth 2020 Review

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:18 pm

Yeah I agree. Let's just pray that this pandemic will be over. I really miss watching ME national pageants (all pageants in general).
Ea'rend¿l
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Knight of Templar
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby SisterStella » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:58 pm

HELP HELP HELP ——— where or which link could we view the entire show? please post below — THANKS SO MUCH :D/ :D/ :D/ =D> =D> =D>
SisterStella
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 19 Mar 1970
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: CEO
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby Ea'rend¿l » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:02 pm

SisterStella wrote:HELP HELP HELP ——— where or which link could we view the entire show? please post below — THANKS SO MUCH :D/ :D/ :D/ =D> =D> =D>

MPE Facebook page.
Ea'rend¿l

Real Life Name/Nick: Earendil
Date of Birth: 12 Sep 1986
Profession: Knight of Templar
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Astronomy and Chasing Time

Postby manoypoe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:14 pm

I enjoyed it though it lacks the grandeur and excitement of seeing all the girls on stage. Still, Carousel did a great job. Congratulations for putting it off beautifully. :=p :=p =D>
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby SisterStella » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:06 pm

True, let's give credit where credit is due. CONGRATULATIONS CAROUSEL for making history in the pageant world. I think this is the only pageant in the world who has done a virtual competition, ANOTHER CREATIVITY and INNOVATION from Carousel Productions which I am quite sure GAGAYAHIN ng other pageants worldwide and universe wide. I am sure we will have a virtual ME pageant coming soon. I have a very strong feeling that the ME from other countries are being asked to watch the conduct of the pageant so they might try it in their own domain.

I just have a few suggestions:
1. Let the candidates do a runway in all segments that require catwalk skills so we can at least get a glimpse of "grace under pressure." Maybe they can hold their respective video cast inside a gym where they can improvise a runway.
2. During the various segment competition can we have a uniform backdrop color or design. For example in the beach wear segment can we have an ocean or a waterfalls or a river backdrop so that there will be unity and coherence.
3. In the interview portion can we also have a uniform backdrop color say white or cream or pastel color so we can focus more on the candidate answering the question.
4. Composition of the camera, if it's an interview can we have all the delegates taken as CLOSE UP like shoulder and head only
5. Can we also have a very brief segment where we also see and hear some comments and remarks from the judges so that we will have a consciousness that this is a competition and the ladies are being judged virtually.
6. Maybe a co-host will be good also.
SisterStella

Date of Birth: 19 Mar 1970
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: CEO
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby Arctic Fox » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:55 pm

SisterStella wrote:True, let's give credit where credit is due. CONGRATULATIONS CAROUSEL for making history in the pageant world. I think this is the only pageant in the world who has done a virtual competition, ANOTHER CREATIVITY and INNOVATION from Carousel Productions which I am quite sure GAGAYAHIN ng other pageants worldwide and universe wide. I am sure we will have a virtual ME pageant coming soon. I have a very strong feeling that the ME from other countries are being asked to watch the conduct of the pageant so they might try it in their own domain.

I just have a few suggestions:
1. Let the candidates do a runway in all segments that require catwalk skills so we can at least get a glimpse of "grace under pressure." Maybe they can hold their respective video cast inside a gym where they can improvise a runway.
2. During the various segment competition can we have a uniform backdrop color or design. For example in the beach wear segment can we have an ocean or a waterfalls or a river backdrop so that there will be unity and coherence.
3. In the interview portion can we also have a uniform backdrop color say white or cream or pastel color so we can focus more on the candidate answering the question.
4. Composition of the camera, if it's an interview can we have all the delegates taken as CLOSE UP like shoulder and head only
5. Can we also have a very brief segment where we also see and hear some comments and remarks from the judges so that we will have a consciousness that this is a competition and the ladies are being judged virtually.
6. Maybe a co-host will be good also.

Your suggestions are really great but definitely not feasible. Think about how each candidate do all of those knowing that not all of them have the resources.
Arctic Fox
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Date of Birth: 11 Feb 1990
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Fashion Marketing
Hobbies/Interests: Design

Postby Handsama » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:39 am

Nice review ferm! :=p

Kudos to Carousel for giving us a virtual show to remember since it’s the first one of its kind in the world of pageantry. But I share the same sentiments as most others in that I would love to see a live format for Miss Earth 2020 (including its pre-pageant activities) even if modified to keep the ladies safe. I hate the thought of this year’s delegates deprived of what many consider to be an experience of a lifetime.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Return to Miss Earth