What Miss Earth Lacks

Image



  • -1

What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby sissymeow » Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 am

    

first of all, i would like to appreciate the changes in Miss Earths judging criteria. In the past years, we've seen Meh winners. What i mean about that is they lack global appeal and their judging process sometimes is a hit or a miss. The winners from latin america are amazing thats for sure however some winners from the Asian continent lacks global appeal. They are for sure good in their respective careers but they are forgettable. I will spare Angelia,Ponkan and Nicole, these beauties are amazing and really stood ground and represented the org very well.

I am very positive that these coming years, Miss Earth will give us truly amazing queens that will forever reign as time goes by.

Whats your opinion about this? Lets be open and lets make this a healthy conversation


Image


sissymeow
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 221
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: none and none
Message: Write a message here

  • 2

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Binibining ZOZI » Tue May 26, 2020 8:02 am

LAST YEAR, MISS EARTH GAVE US THE BEST WINNERS, HOPING CAROUSEL WILL BE CONSISTENT WITH THIS
Binibining ZOZI
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:10 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 25
Real Life Name/Nick: princess
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2000
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: cabin crew
Hobbies/Interests: travelling, pageantry
Message: Its ZOZI, BITCH

  • 5

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby artaestes » Tue May 26, 2020 8:09 am

i think it depends on the judges whereas some are emphasizing more in the beauty department than the intelligent or vice versa...
i think what miss earth lacks is the global appeal,
but when it comes to cause and activities of the girls,
no other international pageants can beat miss earth... :7
artaestes
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1956
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm
Location: jeddah, ksa
Country: Saudi Arabia (sa)
Reputation: 940
Real Life Name/Nick: ralhp
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1985
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Profession: blue collar
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: movies
Message: Write a message heregood day

  • 7

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue May 26, 2020 8:13 am


"Global appeal" is highly subjective and the observation must find its context. Why? Because global appeal is highly dependent on the level of one's own perception.

ME winners, due to public bias or prejudice, have been wrongfully measured against the winners of either Miss Universe or MW in various critical aspects of comparison. This issue exacerbates farther as the criteria of comparison stem from the success either by Miss Universe or MW, where deemed applicable. This, to me, seems particularly unfair. Why does ME have to strive to rival or draw from their elder counterpart when they have their own platform and unique identity to live by?

It's been our understanding through the years that ME ventured into areas where their elder counterpart had failed to introduce per their respective packaging. Though these innovative additions were seldom discussed because it's ME and no one should pay attention.

Never mind which land MEO originated from or that Filipino executives were touted world class in organizational talent. Let's call a spade a spade: ME will soar high where Miss Universe or MW had failed miserably. That is almost assured!
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Tue May 26, 2020 9:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8560
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 12778
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby sissymeow » Tue May 26, 2020 8:40 am

Binibining ZOZI wrote:LAST YEAR, MISS EARTH GAVE US THE BEST WINNERS, HOPING CAROUSEL WILL BE CONSISTENT WITH THIS


i really hope so too. Nelly's is amazing. She is beautiful, smart and very charismatic

sissymeow
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 221
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: none and none
Message: Write a message here

  • 1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby sissymeow » Tue May 26, 2020 8:54 am

beautywatchnyc wrote:
"global appeal" is a highly subjective observation and dependent largely on the level of one's perception.


A good point but lets compare this to miss universe. I know these two pageants are totally different but they do have one common thing in selecting their winners, they are looking for spoke person. Miss Universe mostly chooses amazing winners while Miss Earth in the past isnt consistent. One edition they crowned a good speaker but she lacks something, the other edition, they crowned a stunning winner but the communication skill is not that, let say, great. I think judging consistency is the key for Miss Earth to choose someone who is really has that "appeal" for the pageant fans will truly follow.
sissymeow
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 221
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: none and none
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue May 26, 2020 9:32 am

sissymeow wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
"global appeal" is a highly subjective observation and dependent largely on the level of one's perception.


A good point but lets compare this to miss universe. I know these two pageants are totally different but they do have one common thing in selecting their winners, they are looking for spoke person. Miss Universe mostly chooses amazing winners while Miss Earth in the past isnt consistent. One edition they crowned a good speaker but she lacks something, the other edition, they crowned a stunning winner but the communication skill is not that, let say, great. I think judging consistency is the key for Miss Earth to choose someone who is really has that "appeal" for the pageant fans will truly follow.


"Let's compare" finds no valid common ground. 16 years for ME as against 69 years for Miss Universe spells an enormous difference. Contextualize, if you will. May I suggest you go through the entire post rather than splice in a manner that suit your end. No offense.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8560
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 12778
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • -1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby sissymeow » Tue May 26, 2020 1:10 pm

beautywatchnyc wrote:
sissymeow wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
"global appeal" is a highly subjective observation and dependent largely on the level of one's perception.


A good point but lets compare this to miss universe. I know these two pageants are totally different but they do have one common thing in selecting their winners, they are looking for spoke person. Miss Universe mostly chooses amazing winners while Miss Earth in the past isnt consistent. One edition they crowned a good speaker but she lacks something, the other edition, they crowned a stunning winner but the communication skill is not that, let say, great. I think judging consistency is the key for Miss Earth to choose someone who is really has that "appeal" for the pageant fans will truly follow.


"Let's compare" finds no valid common ground. 16 years for ME as against 69 years for Miss Universe spells an enormous difference. Contextualize, if you will. May I suggest you go through the entire post rather than splice in a manner that suit your end. No offense.


Will the number of years matter? Is that an excuse? Miss Universe in its early years produced amazing winners, why cant Miss Earth be excluded from doing so. May i also suggest you splice your perspective and check the point of this thread. Judging criteria and global appeal. You sound very defensive.
sissymeow
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am
Country: Australia (au)
Reputation: 221
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: none and none
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby vinusya » Tue May 26, 2020 1:13 pm

it will depend on the judges, the best performer and speaker that night.

and attitude and personality is still the best judging of all.

I say nothing has change in the judging.
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Beijing
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 263
Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?

  • 4

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Jaishee » Tue May 26, 2020 1:28 pm

Miss Earth the pageant that leans mostly in intelligence and being a spokesperson (which is what Miss Universe is trying to become now).
I'm so happy with rebranding of Miss Earth, it's so original and much enjoyable now!!!
They crowned top notch titleholders two years in a row now :hx

GAZINI GANADOS - MISS UNIVERSE PHILIPPINES 2019
Jaishee
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
 
Posts: 14261
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:13 am
Country: Somalia (so)
Reputation: 6392
Real Life Name/Nick: Jaishee
Date of Birth: 08 Mar 1989
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Pislit Totoy
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants
Message: #Transgender

  • 2

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Rivermoss » Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 pm

:-* =D> THIS! (drop mic)




artaestes wrote:i think it depends on the judges whereas some are emphasizing more in the beauty department than the intelligent or vice versa...
i think what miss earth lacks is the global appeal,
but when it comes to cause and activities of the girls,
no other international pageants can beat miss earth... :7
Rivermoss
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 3218
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: USA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 895
Real Life Name/Nick: Carlos
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1973
Gender: Male
Profession: Human Resource Specialist
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Reading and martial arts
Message: Peak vs. Weak!

  • 2

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby beautywatchnyc » Tue May 26, 2020 3:03 pm

sissymeow wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
sissymeow wrote:
beautywatchnyc wrote:
"global appeal" is a highly subjective observation and dependent largely on the level of one's perception.


A good point but lets compare this to miss universe. I know these two pageants are totally different but they do have one common thing in selecting their winners, they are looking for spoke person. Miss Universe mostly chooses amazing winners while Miss Earth in the past isnt consistent. One edition they crowned a good speaker but she lacks something, the other edition, they crowned a stunning winner but the communication skill is not that, let say, great. I think judging consistency is the key for Miss Earth to choose someone who is really has that "appeal" for the pageant fans will truly follow.


"Let's compare" finds no valid common ground. 16 years for ME as against 69 years for Miss Universe spells an enormous difference. Contextualize, if you will. May I suggest you go through the entire post rather than splice in a manner that suit your end. No offense.


Will the number of years matter? Is that an excuse? Miss Universe in its early years produced amazing winners, why cant Miss Earth be excluded from doing so. May i also suggest you splice your perspective and check the point of this thread. Judging criteria and global appeal. You sound very defensive.


You'd be a cheapskate if you think that years of experience won't matter at all. Think about the learning curve. This did not only apply to ME; it also weighed in on Ms U through the years. I may sound defensive if that's what you want to hear or think. Truth be said. Ms Universe tried to adapt to changes over 69 years of its history. Reason why few years back it re-positioned its corporate structure seeking to evolve. It changed ownership hands trying to measure to the call of the time and re-calibrated the judging criteria to stay attuned. And in order to stay financially afloat. But unfortunately, the formulae did not come to work in it's favour. I don't think MsU will ever be the same it was before. It not only worsened, it sowed the seeds of its own destruction. For these reasons alone, ME shouldn't aspire to be a cheap copy of the elder counterpart. Neither should its future queens be approximating MsU winners, if at all.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.
 
Posts: 8560
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm
Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Reputation: 12778
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy
Message: Need to reflect the other side of my citizenship

  • 8

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby manoypoe » Tue May 26, 2020 4:01 pm

What Miss Earth truly lacks are political strategy and manipulation of results. They are too stickler to the scores of the judges and they dont care even if the choices of the judges are not popular with the fans. How I wish they manipulated the results and crowned Miriam instead of Karla, Sandra instead of Larissa, Fahsai, Faith or Juliana instead of Karen.

In order to appease a strong fan base, how I wish they let Indonesia place instead of Guam, Mauritius, Tonga or other countries with less fan base. How I wish, they crowned USA or Colombia instead of two Ecuadorian Queens. After all, Ecuador has no big fan base and not a powerhouse in beauty pageants. How I wish in order to be in the news, they crowned Emanii instead of Nellys (of course I love Nellys and she deserved her victory) so that Miss Earth could also be in the spotlight as major pageants crowned women of color.

Is this what you want? Manipulation and strategy which are the current norm in other pageants? For me, I want Miss Earth to stick to what they're doing right now to preserve their INTEGRITY. For me, they are the fairest amongst major pageants right now. They are maligned and belittled but they stood their ground and survived. They are surviving big time.

I expect fans in years to come to come into realization just like the Puerto Ricans who used to malign and ridicule Miss Earth, giving up hope that they would ever place or even win Miss Earth, but was surprised when Nellys won. Hope that with Nellys victory, many ND's learn a thing or two from PR, even with Ecuador and Vietnam.
Last edited by manoypoe on Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 56063
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Eastern
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 28654
Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing
Message: Write a message here

  • 8

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Handsama » Tue May 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Pageantry has become a niche market due to dwindling interest in it. So the idea of a Queen with global appeal just doesn’t apply anymore. Outside of pageantry and some pageant crazy nations, people just don’t care about pageants and their winners anymore.

Now if you mean Queens that appeal to to a broad majority of pageant fans, I don’t think the concept applies anymore either for the simple reason that the fights between fans have become so toxic that people can no longer overcome their biases towards each others’ Queens. And no matter how much Miss Earth distances itself from such petty fights, the pageant and its Queens get dragged anyway because it’s Philippine made and anything associated with Philippine pageantry is heavily frowned upon in some sectors. And these negativities are further exacerbated by Pinoy crabs who like to eat their own.

But whatever fans might think of the Earth Queens, they all won fair and square. They were never chosen to appeal to countries with the noisiest fanbases or wealthiest national organizations as other pageants seem to do where it’s pretty obvious money talks.

And say what you will about these Earth Queens, there’s one thing for sure...these Queens reigned with utmost dignity and left an indelible mark, no matter how small, in our global fight against human suffering and environmental destruction. And some of them are still fighting the fight in some ways. Can you say the same thing about the winners of other pageants? So appeal they might lack as you say but legacy they have plenty of. And I’d rather choose legacy at the end of the day.
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 10795
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am
Location: East Coast
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 13202
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Sybarite » Wed May 27, 2020 5:07 am

Ginalingan masyado kaya end of discussion. CLASS DISMISSED! =c3
Handsama wrote:Pageantry has become a niche market due to dwindling interest in it. So the idea of a Queen with global appeal just doesn’t apply anymore. Outside of pageantry and some pageant crazy nations, people just don’t care about pageants and their winners anymore.

Now if you mean Queens that appeal to to a broad majority of pageant fans, I don’t think the concept applies anymore either for the simple reason that the fights between fans have become so toxic that people can no longer overcome their biases towards each others’ Queens. And no matter how much Miss Earth distances itself from such petty fights, the pageant and its Queens get dragged anyway because it’s Philippine made and anything associated with Philippine pageantry is heavily frowned upon in some sectors. And these negativities are further exacerbated by Pinoy crabs who like to eat their own.

But whatever fans might think of the Earth Queens, they all won fair and square. They were never chosen to appeal to countries with the noisiest fanbases or wealthiest national organizations as other pageants seem to do where it’s pretty obvious money talks.

And say what you will about these Earth Queens, there’s one thing for sure...these Queens reigned with utmost dignity and left an indelible mark, no matter how small, in our global fight against human suffering and environmental destruction. And some of them are still fighting the fight in some ways. Can you say the same thing about the winners of other pageants? So appeal they might lack as you say but legacy they have plenty of. And I’d rather choose legacy at the end of the day.
Sybarite
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 2415
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1980
Gender: Male
Profession: monk
Hobbies/Interests: anime
Message: Write a message here

  • 9

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby mybadname » Wed May 27, 2020 7:50 am

I don't want to be sound cocky but for me Miss Earth lacks nothing. So are the other pageants. They have their standard and we have to respect it. The problem lies in the fan themselves for they love comparing one pageant to the others.
my name is bad but i am good

MissUniverse/MissEarth
mybadname
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 2348
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:07 am
Location: sweden
Country: Sweden (se)
Reputation: 2903
Real Life Name/Nick: ralph
Date of Birth: 19 Nov 1980
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: engineer
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: hello everyone

  • 2

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby vinusya » Wed May 27, 2020 3:17 pm

mybadname wrote:I don't want to be sound cocky but for me Miss Earth lacks nothing. So are the other pageants. They have their standard and we have to respect it. The problem lies in the fan themselves for they love comparing one pageant to the others.


You don't have to be sorry because you are right.
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Beijing
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 263
Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby hauteegirl » Thu May 28, 2020 3:09 am

its the STAGE. I want a glamorous stage. Im tired of seeing arts & crafts stage and use the same excuse as "true to their advocacy which is recycling".
Last edited by hauteegirl on Sun May 31, 2020 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
hauteegirl
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6986
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 8892
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: counting millions of $
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby cabra_chupa » Thu May 28, 2020 3:52 am

BEING BIAS TO PH CANDIDATE UGLY OR NOT! :)>- AND THE CRAPPY LIVESTREAM LMAO =;))
cabra_chupa
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.
 
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:38 pm
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 668
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Travelling
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby quelab22 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:06 am

2018-2019 amazing set of winners...
enjoy and have fun
quelab22
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
 
Posts: 13598
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:34 am
Location: philippines
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 3308
Real Life Name/Nick: Quela Andrea... (queng)
Date of Birth: 22 Oct 1993
Gender: Female
Profession: escort... of my father
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: watching fairytales
Message: bongga tayung mga taga misso...

  • 3

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby brent520 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:05 am

The problem is with you.

You keep comparing oranges from apples to strawberries

All of which are healthy, organic and biodegradable with very good nutritional value but same purpose... “to be consumed”

Pageantry is a matter of taste! It is a niche market as well, hence your statement of global appeal does not apply.

Whatever is lacking in Miss Earth is its inability to follow your norm in pageantry. It almost ALWAYS INNOVATES! It doesn’t go with the flow. My fingers will get tired if I elaborate with a lot of examples, but a perfect example is the “Online live stream of all of its preliminary judging!”

Others can add... Bye!
Last edited by brent520 on Sun May 31, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brent520
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
 
Posts: 4339
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:41 am
Location: Maynila
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 4345
Date of Birth: 20 May 2012
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Bum
Hobbies/Interests: Studying, Working (is this even a hobby?)
Message: Hi to all.. Just here to enjoy beautiful women

  • 1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby hauteegirl » Sun May 31, 2020 8:17 am

sissymeow wrote:
first of all, i would like to appreciate the changes in Miss Earths judging criteria. In the past years, we've seen Meh winners. What i mean about that is they lack global appeal and their judging process sometimes is a hit or a miss. The winners from latin america are amazing thats for sure however some winners from the Asian continent lacks global appeal. They are for sure good in their respective careers but they are forgettable. I will spare Angelia,Ponkan and Nicole, these beauties are amazing and really stood ground and represented the org very well.

I am very positive that these coming years, Miss Earth will give us truly amazing queens that will forever reign as time goes by.

Whats your opinion about this? Lets be open and lets make this a healthy conversation


Image



Not all latin american winners are amazing. Some of them are meh and forgettable as well. I think you only include Angelia in your "spare" corner because she did better after her reign. We all know that Jamie Herrell facially looks better than Angelia during crowning night. "Meh winners" is subjective. I can say the same thing to Miss Universe winners, Miss World, International.
hauteegirl
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
 
Posts: 6986
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:03 am
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 8892
Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: counting millions of $
Message: ahh shut up!

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby vinusya » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:20 pm

physical appearance and performance first then in top 8 decide whether they are worthy for the crown through the q&a and interviews.
If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?
Maybe there is no hardwork, only surgeries ?
vinusya
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.
 
Posts: 2239
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am
Location: Beijing
Country: China (cn)
Reputation: 263
Real Life Name/Nick: Nawatt
Date of Birth: 11 Aug 1994
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Red Haired Model
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Net Surfing
Message: If everyone can be a beauty queen, what is hardwork?

  • 1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby jhunz23 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:35 am

ME needs to be consistent with Beautiful Set of Winners.
Trust and Respect are Earned, it cannot be imposed.
Time will build whatever is lacking to ME.

As long as ME is reliable, fair and protecting the girls at all costs, good reputation will always attached their trade name!
jhunz23
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:09 am
Location: Pampanga
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 1722
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Gender: Male
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: reading
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Jon A » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:12 pm

I think ME will NEVER get the feedback it needs because Earthlings are blindly loyal and will destroy and silence anyone who does not say that ME is the most prestigious, well conducted and relevant contest. It's unfortunate, but that is just the truth. I know that I will be criticized endlessly even for saying this.
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 9909
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: USA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 2706
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Gender: Male
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 0

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby manoypoe » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am

Jon A wrote:I think ME will NEVER get the feedback it needs because Earthlings are blindly loyal and will destroy and silence anyone who does not say that ME is the most prestigious, well conducted and relevant contest. It's unfortunate, but that is just the truth. I know that I will be criticized endlessly even for saying this.


Dont worry, not all will criticize you. We have already given our feedback and most of them are already taken care of. Carousel listens to us.
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 56063
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Eastern
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 28654
Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing
Message: Write a message here

  • -1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby poker_man » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:11 am

The Q&A is crap. It's always about the "We should care for Mother Nature" and all those cliché answers. I know it's Miss Earth but there is zero personality in the Q&A for their girls. It's like answering an essay or like having recitation in class.
poker_man
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:42 am
Location: New York City
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 614
Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1985
Gender: Female
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Doctor
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 3

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby manoypoe » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:34 am

poker_man wrote:The Q&A is crap. It's always about the "We should care for Mother Nature" and all those cliché answers. I know it's Miss Earth but there is zero personality in the Q&A for their girls. It's like answering an essay or like having recitation in class.


They have a hashtag which is quite unique. As per the interview of Karen Ibasco with Misso which is now in announcement section, it is more difficult in Miss Earrh coz when you reply the QandA, you need to be knowledgeable of the topic. There is no middle ground. If you are wrong you are and could not just infuse any general statement.
Last edited by manoypoe on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manoypoe
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.
 
Posts: 56063
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:23 pm
Location: Eastern
Country: Philippines (ph)
Reputation: 28654
Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing
Message: Write a message here

  • -1

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Jon A » Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:57 pm

manoypoe wrote:
Jon A wrote:I think ME will NEVER get the feedback it needs because Earthlings are blindly loyal and will destroy and silence anyone who does not say that ME is the most prestigious, well conducted and relevant contest. It's unfortunate, but that is just the truth. I know that I will be criticized endlessly even for saying this.


Dont worry, not all will criticize you. We have already given our feedback and most of them are already taken care of. Carousel listens to us.


Well in that' spirit, I will give my 2 cents.

IMO, what ME lacks two important things. The first and by far most important is legitimacy. I know that many here will rail against this but just hear me out with an open mind, since this is intended not as a criticism but constructive feedback in the spirit of this thread and the message above from Manoypoe.

See, there was a point when ME was seen as the most legitimate of pageants. This was in the 2004-'6 years, when MW was making a mess of its format experimenting with public voting and continental quotas and Miss Universe was rapidly sinking with low budget production and blatant racism. Conversely, we would always look at ME's top 16 as deserving, and the results as both fair and diverse. Catherine Untalan aside, those three years in particular, had winners and finalists who were not only Miss Universe/W caliber but arguably exceeded them. And then inexplicably, a slide began.In those days, most of the delegates came from the major pageants and the big big pageants like India Venezuela France were all sending delegates to ME. Not only have they all taken them away now, but the reason they have is particularly telling -- the pageant orgs do not see ME as legitimate. Because of what I do, I am very close to most of the NDs of Miss Universe./W and without implicating anyone, most of them speak very derisively of ME -- and these are all people who for years held the franchise. Not a single one wants to return to ME, and they will take random pageants, Intercontinental, Eco, RH, Tourism, UC - over ME. I know this hurts to hear, but this is how pageant orgs view Earth today. And as for fans, they feel the same too, and there is another added challenge -- most fans do not have the time to follow multiple national contests. Even in a country as pageant crazy as Philippines or Venezuela, how many follow ME Philippines closely? ME had a big following when the RU of a national contests would go to ME....it automatically put it in the league of the other pageants that the national contest sent girls to - MW/Miss Universe and the girls had both legitimacy but also recognition -- often they were even the most loved -- because we all know that more often than not, the best girls in pageants somehow end up as RUs. Now with national orgs dropping ME, and all these random local franchises, no-one follows, no one cares. They are not seen as legitimate. This is a mistake that Nawat is also making right now.....it is all very well to want to be in the league of MW and Miss Universe but the reality is that they are truly in a different league, no matter what troubles they may have or how much people may prefer one or the other -- and thus they are still, imo, the only pageants that can pull off a standalone contests with legitimacy. In the end these are the girls whose wins get national attention and recognition, they get the audiences with the President, a stamp issued in their honor, become huge stars. It really does not matter how much one edits Wikipedia or random Chinese news outlets make proclamations (no doubt written by a novice writer taking from aforementioned Wiki) or you call yourself big 3 or whatever.
There is. a second reason why national orgs and fans don't like ME - for orgs the Russian scandal was too much, they all know it was real, no matter what defenders say. And for fans, they don't feel able to participate in ME because the predominantly Pinoy voices deligitimize any criticism - of the contest, of the results, of anything. So it is easier for most, myself included to simply stay away. Do that for a few years and it is surprising how easy it is to not return. [Conversely, you see how easy it is for others to participate in Bb. Pilipinas or Miss World Philippines dialog -- because it is not purely nationalistic then]

The second big thing ME lacks in my opinion is a glamorous high budget finale. It just all feels very downscale - like some housing society Christmas gala. Sure you can pop a few LED lights on but it doesn't fool anyone. The bad stages, dated production values, and enduring images of Versailes "Palace" - are hard to ignore. It was bad enough when it was simply trying to complete with MW/U but now with the amazing productions of MGI and MS, it is clearly and unquestionably coming across as a poor cousin.

So I think these are the real reasons. I think the activities are nice, I appreciate that in the last few years, MEO has really started to dig in and focus on some real environmental advocacy through its franchises, and I feel that even though I am hearing some criticism of the format - it is actually probably the best of all pageants still. Can they be changed? I think production is probably easier to fix than legitimacy. Anything can change, but the challenges are greater now -- it is a more crowded space - and it will only begin with a honest and deep look inward and a willingness to change.

So best of luck to the org. I remember how great a contest Miss Asia Pacific was when Carousel ran it -- even though it was small, it was always dignified, and the early days of ME when it really was a great show and eagerly watched by pageant fans across the world. It was progressive, innovative and anyone could do well -- not just Philippines and Venezuela.
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
 
Posts: 9909
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: USA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 2706
Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Gender: Male
Profession: consultant
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants
Message: Write a message here

  • 4

Re: What Miss Earth Lacks

Postby Handsama » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Sorry Jon A, I stopped reading your long commentary as a soon as I came across the words ‘lack of legitimacy’. For we all know how much you hate Miss Earth and that it will never achieve legitimacy in your eyes no matter what it does. I have yet to see you say something nice about the pageant. I can read between the lines. So just save your energy and focus on your favorite pageant Miss World which can never do any wrong in your eyes despite the obvious manipulation of results by the owner and her people.

Image
Handsama
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
 
Posts: 10795
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am
Location: East Coast
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 13202
Date of Birth: 10 Jan 1987
Gender: Male
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Secret
Hobbies/Interests: Reading
Message: Write a message here

Next

Return to Miss Earth

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: manoypoe

beauty queens

© Missosology's International Pageant Coverages ©
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Mister Supranational Miss Eco International Mister Universal Ambassador
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Intercontinental Mister International Miss Cosmopolitan World
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Miss Grand International Face of Beauty International Miss Supermodel Worldwide
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Mister Global Miss Supranational Miss Earth
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Miss International Miss World Miss Universe
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International
Man of the World World Beauty Queen Manhunt International


contact us to advertise with missosology