Letter to a King for Cambodia to compete in Miss.Universe

Letter to a King for Cambodia to compete in Miss.Universe

Postby Asian Princess » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:03 am

Hi there everyone :"> I haven't posted here in awhile but someone brave wrote a letter to our King in Cambodia and it wasn't written by me but by another Cambodian person from a Khmer blog news site. Here is what he wrote to our King about allowing Cambodia to compete in Miss.Universe which he already sent to. I'm proud he wrote this nice beautiful letter since I was afraid to write one myself and I can't even write a good letter lol. Hopefully people read this letter and comment on it. I hope that my wish and the other Cambodians and people here on Misso wish comes true seeing a Miss.Cambodia in Miss.Universe someday. I hope this letter written by a nice Cambodian person can make a difference but its still up to the PM of Cambodia to decide. What do you think of this letter? Was it well written? >=p I really love this letter and he did such a good job writing it :=p

brought to you instantly.ពត៌មានកម្ពុជាសុទ្ធសាធ​នាំមកជូនលោកអ្នកដោយទាន់ចិត្ត។
Monday, 22 August 2011
Warrior Blood implores the king to allow Cambodia to enter Miss Universe Pageant

By Warrior Blood
21st August

Re: Senior Official, Cambodian King Reaffirm Bilateral Bond

Dear King Sihamoni:

The relationship with China and Cambodia continue to be strong; however Cambodia needs to be stronger at international level. I realized that this article probably no where close or related to my comment; some might says, why bother to comment about unrelated subject. However, I think it is much more relevant to Cambodia while our leaders continue to strengthen their relationships with the world's superpowers.

Cambodia needs to expose its culture to the world so that attention can be placed on this small nation which used to be the greatest empire that ruled Southeast Asia which produced many magnificent ancient temples such as Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon, etc. I realized that your power as a king of Cambodia has its boundary but what I am asking you to do is not beyond your scope of power. I know for a fact from Son Soubert, you are the man who worships and preserves Cambodian culture and heritage. You love Cambodia and worship it with your life.

Miss Universe Pageant is competing this year. Where is Cambodia's involvement in this event; please don't think this is just a small event or unworthy event to show off beauty. It is a very powerful tool that Cambodia ought to put its hand on. This year, Cambodia will have a chance to catch public attention and bring Cambodia into the limelight, including its beauty, culture, politics, economic, history and traditions etc.

I am asking for your leadership to encourage PM Hun Sen to seek ways to put Cambodia on the map by getting Cambodian women to compete in Miss Universe. I know it seems a far off political agenda of PM Hun Sen; however it is much more a powerful tool then people think. Many Cambodian leaders might think it is not important or they don't want to exploit Cambodian women's beauty or expose Cambodian culture to the world etc.

The list can go on and on. Why are we poor? Why we send our children to become princess at other countries to get physically abused? Why we seek other countries' for jobs? We have to learn how to promote our country. This is the most powerful way to do it. This is a chance for the world to shine the light on Cambodia- a poor country that not many people have heard about and the country people only knows about the killing fields. What else they know about Cambodia? We have to brand our country to become the tourist destination, economic engine with many potentials. As a matter of fact, it will bring so much pride for Cambodian throughout the world to be on international stage and we can promote economic, tourism, name recognition, education, culture, Khmer beauty, etc.

The positive outcome is unlimited for Cambodia. This is like a free publicity/commerical for Cambodia at the world stage. Imagine if Cambodia won the pageant; you will bring the world's attention to Cambodia. Cambodia is always afraid of its neighboring countries to steal its land, border encroachments etc.

Well, you can use this event to capture the world's attention and the spotlight will be on Cambodia. Our neighbors such as Thailand and Vietnam have competed in the Miss Universe Pageant all the time. Why can't we find resource to do it? Who would be in the right mind to try to steal Cambodian land if Cambodia exist in the world's eyes? The world will judge theft and Cambodia will have many countries to help protect its culture, land, heritage etc. I noticed there were many comments in the past regarding this event but it was not connected to any articles, therefore the matter was left without much attention from the media or Khmerization to publish it because folks didn't know how powerful Miss Universe pageant can do for Cambodia. I am asking the king of Cambodia to assist in this matter and provide another hope for Cambodia to become well known to the world.

Asian Princess
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Date of Birth: 03 May 1988
Profession: Student
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball/Jog/TV/Games

Re: Letter to a King for Cambodia to compete in Miss.Universe

Postby gemsparks » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:12 am

I wonder why Cambodia had a delegate in Miss World 2006 in Poland but not Miss Universe?
Majority of pageant critics firing scathingly remarks and unleashing vilest of comments to some candidates,ironically, are not even beautiful themselves aesthetically and worst characterwise.
gemsparks
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Daydreamer
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, Super Mario Bros.
Message: If you could send an anonymous text to yourself 5 years ago what would you write?

Postby JorgeInternational » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:31 am

CAMBODIA COMPETE IN THE MISS WORLD PAGEANT 2006 WITH SUN SREY MOM... AND PERHAPS COMPETE IN THE MISS UNIVERSE SOON!!!

JorgeInternational
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 25 Jul 1999
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Gossips Official Informant
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: rugby, kicking - Read detective stories

Postby Asian Princess » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:48 am

gemsparks wrote:I wonder why Cambodia had a delegate in Miss World 2006 in Poland but not Miss Universe?

Same here I always wonder why 2006 was the last year Cambodia competed in any international pageants. But I think its money issues like always.

JorgeInternational wrote:CAMBODIA COMPETE IN THE MISS WORLD PAGEANT 2006 WITH SUN SREY MOM... AND PERHAPS COMPETE IN THE MISS UNIVERSE SOON!!!

Yeah I remember her and she is really pretty! But yup hopefully Cambodia will finally compete in Miss.Universe!!! >=p
Asian Princess

Postby greenforest » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:09 am

Cambodia should send candidate to go to Miss World instead of Miss Universe.. Cambodia girl's beautiful and traditional.. I think it's difficult for them to compete with other sexy and hot Latinas.. But Miss World will love Miss Cambodia, as Julia Morley love the new country to compete in Miss World to increase the amount of the candidate, to let it become a biggest beauty pageant..

One think I know for sure if Cambodia compete in Miss World or Miss Universe, I know their National Costume should be noticed as one of the best costume in Asia along with Thailand.. I love the costume of Apsara dancers.. :-P

greenforest
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 03 May 1986
Profession: self management
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: sleeping

Postby Asian Princess » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:43 am

greenforest wrote:Cambodia should send candidate to go to Miss World instead of Miss Universe.. Cambodia girl's beautiful and traditional.. I think it's difficult for them to compete with other sexy and hot Latinas.. But Miss World will love Miss Cambodia, as Julia Morley love the new country to compete in Miss World to increase the amount of the candidate, to let it become a biggest beauty pageant..

One think I know for sure if Cambodia compete in Miss World or Miss Universe, I know their National Costume should be noticed as one of the best costume in Asia along with Thailand.. I love the costume of Apsara dancers.. :-P

I actually want to see Cambodia compete in both Miss.World and Miss.Universe. I know Miss.Universe favors the Latina's but I want to see more new Asian countries compete. I wish Miss.World would be popular like Miss.Universe.

I agree about you with the costumes and I love the Apsara costumes also :hx
Asian Princess

Postby Dionysus » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:17 am

just want to say hi to u, P :-*
[youtube]g_Cy-Z0new8[/youtube]
Dionysus

Real Life Name/Nick: DIONYSUS
Date of Birth: 03 Dec 2010
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: XXXXX
Hobbies/Interests: XXXXX
Message: ♥ Karisma Kapoor, Renée Zellweger, Christina Aguilera ♥

Return to Cambodia