THE DUCHESS PRE ARRIVAL PICKS | MISS WORLD 2019

THE DUCHESS PRE ARRIVAL PICKS | MISS WORLD 2019

Postby The Duchess » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 am

THE DUCHESS PRE-ARRIVAL PICKS:
MISS WORLD 2019:

Hello everyone, how is this fine day treating you? To be completely honest, I kinda forgot Miss World is happening in a month. With all the things going on in the real world and also having so many pageants coming so close together, I lose track. But then I saw that my candidate left a couple days ago and I decided we have to write at least a little bit who my choices are for the blue crown. It is still pre-arrivals to me because I will start following the girls in the competition today hahaha so yes its late. Now, I haven’t fully made up my mind about who is the actual winner but I will talk about who the Top 5 is as of now and a little bit about my girl. I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I understand Miss World, I obviously don’t. If you see any of my predictions you can tell that. I’ve had Mexico in my Top 3 the last two years and when I had one winning she ended up first runner up and vice-versa. So apparently I can never guess them right hahaha. I think Manushi was in my Top 11 so I have at least gotten better at situating my winners and the eventual winners. Now, I am not sure of the format this year but I have based my Top 12 in the format of last year. At least for this list. So 12 girls are from the judge’s choice, 10 from the head to head challenge, 4 by fast tracks and 4 that were runner ups to the BWAP projects. So after the 15-18 (depending if they give spaces to runner ups again) is selected, all I have to do is chose 12 girls but that will be way later down the line. So right now I will talk about my top choices for the crown and a bit about Puerto Rico So let’s begin.

QUEEN OF AMERICAS: VENEZUELA (Isabella Rodriguez Guzman)

If you think I was shook with Nellys’ transformation from crowning to ME 2019, I am deceased about the transformation of Isabella. Nobody, and I mean nobody understood why she was crowned but then with the months we saw this quite impressive transformation. Now I have this feeling that Isabella may be able to walk around with the crown and I don’t know why I ever doubted Venezuela hahaha. She has had almost a year to prepare, which is a benefit not every girl has (Kiara had two months in comparison) and it shows. To start this woman has a sort of rags to riches story having lived all her life in the slums of Venezuela in a family of 5, working from a very young age to help her family. She has this platform of not only girl empowerment but also a platform of dreamers, I dream, therefore I can. Which I think will be an absolute hit in London, I cannot wait to see officially what her BWAP project will be in depth. Now for the performance area I think Isabella will excel because she has this very intelligent and unimposing attitude that is key to becoming a Miss World. She may not have the best pronunciation but her words are understood and she can deliver the message which is very important. I think she will be very good in the Top Model and BWAP fasttrack but I do think she will be a judges choice too. If she were to win Venezuela would break the tie with India and become the first spot in the leatherboard. They already won Miss Grand (not talking about it) but I actually think that Team Venezuela’s best candidate is Isabella. I want her in a styling similar to this but in another color (for god’s sake no more pink) because she looks beautiful in that dress.

QUEEN OF ASIA: INDIA (Suman Ratansingh Rao)

Like Venezuela I think India’s closest chance to a crown this year is Miss World and like Venezuela it has a chance to break the tie. This girl is beautiful and well spoken, an aspiring accountant that helped put her siblings through college. I’m not quite sure what her BWAP project is fully but it appears to be women empowerment, employment and education which is very important to do in India. So that to me will read very well with the jury, and it will read very well in the fast-track competition. If I wear a national director I would make her evening gown look more like the indian clothing, like couture. I am hoping I get to see that on the Miss World stage soon because she has some pictures in oranges that look AMAZING. In summary I think India has INCREDIBLE chances of being crowned and I think she will stand out against 112 fellow candidates. I hope she will be featured in the dances of the world portion because I saw she appears to be a dancer.

QUEEN OF EUROPE: RUSSIA (Alina Sanko)

Miss Alina is another one of those great transformations this year, even if she was already beautiful I felt she needed that extra umph, and I am happy to say I consider her a choice for the crown. To me Alina went from a pretty girl to a stunning woman, suddenly I was like “excuse me, who are you?” and I have to say I’m very glad because I love seeing Russian women transform. I think she has fantastic chances of becoming Russia’s 3rd blue crown, her beauty and personality I think it’s very Miss World. She is an architectural student, a very creative person and wants to work charity with children so my guess would be her BWAP project has to do with that. I don’t know, I personally feel that she has the potential to do very well in this competition. If she can perform well in the interviews and fast tracks, I don’t see a reason for her not to be in that Top 5. I would love her gown to be inspired by this dress but in red and beaded, and having her hair straight. I really don’t want more pink gowns hahaha it’s getting tiresome, also it doesn’t suit her as well as red.

QUEEN OF AFRICA: SOUTH AFRICA (Sasha-Lee Olivier)

This woman has won me over with the months between her face, her personality and lately her BWAP project. I was actually left in tears when reading about this project and I wish for her to win the fast track. Which is why I’m going to give it some special mention here so we can all get to know it and if you can help, then great. So Sasha-Lee is a childhood sexual abuse survivor and her BWAP campaign is titled #itsnotyourfault which provides “Comfort Packages” to sexual assault survivors. These comfort packages are made so when women, men and children go through the ordeal of reporting their experience they are given these bags with key items to help them post-report. It includes hygiene products, underwear, snacks as well as a teddy bear and a personalized note. I know it may not seem like much, but if you know anything about the subject you know kindness like this in a moment so bleak can make the difference for these victims. The packs for women even include sanitary napkins which is very important. The initial goal is to be able to distribute 10,000 packs to key places (police stations, shelters, ect) which come at a cost of R120 per (some conversions below). She needs to reach R 1,120,000.00 to be able to produce all those packs, if she becomes Miss World she wants to be able to further pursue this project. Honestly I wasn’t the biggest fan of her when she was named Miss World SA but as I got to see her in videos and pictures I have to say that she has a lot of qualities to win that 4th Crown for South Africa. But like with Venezuela I am worried about her age because I just realized only 3 Miss Worlds have been 24 and older and along with Venezuela they are both the second oldest candidates. So I hope that last year’s win of 26 year old Vanessa can set a precedent to give way to women like these.

https://www.backabuddy.co.za/champion/project/sasha-lee-olivier

USD 8.16
EUR 7.38
AUD 11.96
BRL 34.17
CAD 10.79
GBP 6.25
INR 582.16
VND 187,169.87
PHP 411.169

QUEEN OF CARIBBEAN: TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (Tya Jane La Shon Ramey)

Now to be completely fair, and this is not to sound harsh but I predict there won’t be an 11th caribbean crown but I do think as of right now Trinidad and Tobago is the best one from the region. But speaking of Tya she is a 21 year old athlete and student who aspired to be a UN ambassador and a teacher of social work. That is also part of her BWAP project, she wants to work with children and families so I think that in terms of professional portfolio she is super well credited. She is a cancer survivor and I think that is also part of her advocacy although she doesn’t talk much about it. She also dances and plays the saxophone so basically this girl is a very well rounded girl in the backstory department. To me she is a beautiful girl that its very well taught in the art of public speaking so I wouldn’t be anywhere near surprised to see her get really far in Miss World in the following weeks. I do think styling wise I want her in loose her because that is honestly her best, I do not like her with buns.

6TH PLACE: BRAZIL
7TH PLACE: VIETNAM
8TH PLACE: WALES
9TH PLACE: NIGERIA
10TH PLACE: FRANCE
11TH PLACE: INDONESIA
12TH PLACE: BARBADOS

REST OF TOP 30:

PUERTO RICO (Daniela Rodriguez Laureano)

Okay so I find myself conflicted with Daniela because I find her to have good qualifications but to be honest I don’t find her that beautiful. I feel like her face does have a lot of beauty and potential but her smile and certain styling takes away from it. In her portfolio she is pretty okay, she is a marketing student and it’s fully bilingual given she studied in the US. She aspires to have her own business in the beauty and skincare business while working with children like she is doing now. But honestly I’m kind of disappointed at my local organization, I feel that Puerto Rico should have more crowns because we had girls with the right potential. But I don’t think we have harvest it enough for them to actually win, but then again I have a lot of conflicting feelings.

CHILE, ECUADOR, THAILAND, CZECH REPUBLIC, BULGARIA, UGANDA
SLOVAKIA, PHILIPPINES, MONGOLIA, NEPAL, GEORGIA, JAMAICA
BELARUS, MALAYSIA, COLOMBIA, ENGLAND, TANZANIA

Last edited by The Duchess on Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
|Miss U 2019 First List|
[url]missosology.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1759981[/url]
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Re: THE DUCHESS PRE ARRIVAL PICKS | MISS WORLD 2019

Postby the critic » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:48 am

BULGARIA IS MY FAVOURITE TO WIN AT THIS STAGE.
EUROPE AND ASIA PACIFIC WILL LIKELY SATURATE THE FINALS. THIS WILL BE ONE OF THOSE YEARS THAT THE WINNER MIGHT BE SOMEONE WHO'S UNDER THE RADAR.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Re: THE DUCHESS PRE ARRIVAL PICKS | MISS WORLD 2019

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:24 pm

Europe and Asia are strong this year. Venezuela got bashed when she was crowned but she might pull a Ivian Sarcos. Ivian won in London too, so watch out for Isabella. Alina Sanko might pull another Sofia Nikichuk. As far as i observed, whenever countries like Russia and South Africa prioritized Miss World over Miss Universe, they always placed high. I don’t think South Africa this year will win the continental title.

KHANH VAN - MISS UNIVERSE VIETNAM 2020
Jonathan Nguyen
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Hai Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Return to Miss World