♔ Miss World 2019 | Toni-Ann Singh ♔ homecoming p12

Re: MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2019 | SEP 21

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:48 am

ITS ON MJW INSTAGRAM LIVE TOO.

the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby Lex Talionis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:26 am

the critic wrote:ITS ON MJW INSTAGRAM LIVE TOO.

Thanks!
Lex Talionis
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Student
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:51 am

BEST PERSONALITY - TONI-ANN SINGH
MISS PHOTOGENIC - TONI-ANN SINGH
MOST IMPROVED- DANAVIA POWELL
PEOPLE'S CHOICE- BRIANNA KNIGHT
MISS CONGENIALITY- HAQIKAH GREAVES
the critic

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:56 am

MISS JAMAICA WORLD 2019
the critic

Postby Lex Talionis » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:06 am

The top three was as expected. Congrats to Toni-Ann!
Lex Talionis

Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:13 am

MISS JAMAICA WORLD- TONI-ANN SINGH
1ST RUNNER UP- ROSHELLE MCKINLEY
2ND RUNNER UP- ALANNA WANLISS

PERFECT RESULTS!
the critic

Postby yellowyam1 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:10 am

Once again Rochelle is the runner up, why even have a pageant when the winner is already chosen? Rochelle was outstanding tonight aced her interviews clear leader of the pack but still fail , she might as well go back to modeling.Congrats to the new queen ,
yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby bigmanting » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:23 am

yellowyam1 wrote:Once again Rochelle is the runner up, why even have a pageant when the winner is already chosen? Rochelle was outstanding tonight aced her interviews clear leader of the pack but still fail , she might as well go back to modeling.Congrats to the new queen ,

Yes - I agree. I really liked Toni Ann Singh before tonight but she came across as very fake, and almost cringeworthy when answering her questions and bursting into opera. Rochelle answered her questions perfectly and with passion, and she also looked fantastic. Alanna Wanliss was great too. Roshelle should have been 1st, if not - Alanna. Jamaica would have stood a chance of winning Miss World with either of those two, but no chance with Toni Ann unfortunately.
bigmanting
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: big man ting
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: professional
Hobbies/Interests: being me

Postby the critic » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:29 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:Once again Rochelle is the runner up, why even have a pageant when the winner is already chosen? Rochelle was outstanding tonight aced her interviews clear leader of the pack but still fail , she might as well go back to modeling.Congrats to the new queen ,

ROSHELLE IS THE NEW CHANTEL DAVIS OF JAMAICAN PAGEANTS. CHANTEL WAS 1ST RUNNER UP TO YENDI, CROSSKILL AND BAYLIS EVEN THOUGH SHE DESERVED TO BEAT THE LATTER 2. ROSHELLE HAS BEEN 1ST OR 2ND RUNNER UP.

BUT ROSHELLE MIGHT BE A GOOD LUCK CHARM. ALL THE WOMEN WHO WON OVER HER PLACED TOP 5 INTERNATIONALLY...KACI AND SANETA. I THINK TONI-ANN WILL DO GREAT AT MW TOO. I DON'T KNOW IF WE WATCHED THE SAME PAGEANT BUT TONI WAS CLEARLY THE WINNER AND SHE MADE SURE TO HAVE THE BEST PERFORMANCE ON FINAL NIGHT NOT TO LEAVE A SPECOF DOUBT. THE ONLY THING I HEARD PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT WAS THAT SOYINI SHOULD HAVE MADE TOP 3.
the critic

Postby MrBeau » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:41 pm

the critic wrote:

ROSHELLE IS THE NEW CHANTEL DAVIS OF JAMAICAN PAGEANTS. CHANTEL WAS 1ST RUNNER UP TO YENDI, CROSSKILL AND BAYLIS EVEN THOUGH SHE DESERVED TO BEAT THE LATTER 2. ROSHELLE HAS BEEN 1ST OR 2ND RUNNER UP.

BUT ROSHELLE MIGHT BE A GOOD LUCK CHARM. ALL THE WOMEN WHO WON OVER HER PLACED TOP 5 INTERNATIONALLY...KACI AND SANETA. I THINK TONI-ANN WILL DO GREAT AT MW TOO. I DON'T KNOW IF WE WATCHED THE SAME PAGEANT BUT TONI WAS CLEARLY THE WINNER AND SHE MADE SURE TO HAVE THE BEST PERFORMANCE ON FINAL NIGHT NOT TO LEAVE A SPECOF DOUBT. THE ONLY THING I HEARD PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT WAS THAT SOYINI SHOULD HAVE MADE TOP 3.

Who did these people expect Soyini to replace? Her response knocked her out of the elusive top 3. %-(
MrBeau
MrBeau
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 20 Jun 1978
Profession: Entrepreneur
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants/Sports

Postby bigmanting » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Toni-Ann came across fake or like she was acting when she answered her questions, and the spontaneous opera singing was cringeworthy. Roshelle or Alanna would have been more worthy winners. I don't think Toni-Ann will go far at all.
bigmanting
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: big man ting
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1987
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: professional
Hobbies/Interests: being me

Postby the critic » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:28 pm

kristof wrote:Tomorrow is the finale at the Jamaica Pegasus. I hope it'll have a good stream or live broadcast.

Unlike last year where Kadijah was the obvious winner this year is a little more competitive/ uncertain. I see three girls who are strong in three different areas who could win the crown. After reviewing them on IG and Facebook I'm personally leaning towards one who can realistically earn a placement in London.

Top 6
Kadijah McIntosh, Soyini Phillips(Possible BWP), Brianna Knight (People's Choice)

Roshelle McKinley- shes physically the most beautiful and has improved from her previous stints. Her weakness is still her weakness...which is connecting in interviews and leaving an impression. Shes still lacks depth and purpose and that's what's ultimately matters in this pageant. After four years I think she should have returned convincingly a winner. Especially since we have some of the same judges like Cindy Breakspeare, Sophia Max Brown and Richard Nevers who might remember her from 2015.

I'll place her 2nd Princess

Alanna Wanliss- shes a strong contender, law school graduate, modest personality, good speaker and fairly good looking when styled properly. She looked at ease in her pre-judging photos like she aced the session. Shes a contestant that checks all the boxes but isn't the most memorable. It might be troubling for her that she didn't land in the winner's circle of any fasttrack events especially Beach Beauty and Top Model- If look is the parameter in top 5/3 she might lose out.

I have her peaking at...
1st Princess

Toni-Ann Singh has the trademark of a winning personality with her youthful and playful vibes and a big voice. I think she is favoured to win and it's obvious why. She has charm and confidence and knows how to sell her personal brand. She has made her presence felt during the competition and she has the beauty to hold her own. Height might be a disadvantage but that didn't hurt Solange or Kadijah in their time so ...

I think she still needs to be refined in some areas. She strikes as an all rounder and has mastered her talent which I think could give her some international mileage if she wins.

She's my Miss Jamaica World 2019.

THIS WAS S SOLID PREDICTION, KRISTOF...EVEN WITH IT TURNING OUT TO BE A TOP 6 IN THE FINALS. @-)

MY FEELING THAT ROSHELLE WOULD LIKELY PLACE HIGHER THAN ALANNA ACTUALLY PLAYED OUT IN THE END.
the critic

Postby kristof » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:03 pm

the critic wrote:
kristof wrote:Tomorrow is the finale at the Jamaica Pegasus. I hope it'll have a good stream or live broadcast.

Unlike last year where Kadijah was the obvious winner this year is a little more competitive/ uncertain. I see three girls who are strong in three different areas who could win the crown. After reviewing them on IG and Facebook I'm personally leaning towards one who can realistically earn a placement in London.

Top 6
Kadijah McIntosh, Soyini Phillips(Possible BWP), Brianna Knight (People's Choice)

Roshelle McKinley- shes physically the most beautiful and has improved from her previous stints. Her weakness is still her weakness...which is connecting in interviews and leaving an impression. Shes still lacks depth and purpose and that's what's ultimately matters in this pageant. After four years I think she should have returned convincingly a winner. Especially since we have some of the same judges like Cindy Breakspeare, Sophia Max Brown and Richard Nevers who might remember her from 2015.

Alanna Wanliss- shes a strong contender, law school graduate, modest personality, good speaker and fairly good looking when styled properly. She looked at ease in her pre-judging photos like she aced the session. Shes a contestant that checks all the boxes but isn't the most memorable. It might be troubling for her that she didn't land in the winner's circle of any fasttrack events especially Beach Beauty and Top Model- If look is the parameter in top 5/3 she might lose out.

I have her peaking at...
1st Princess

Toni-Ann Singh has the trademark of a winning personality with her youthful and playful vibes and a big voice. I think she is favoured to win and it's obvious why. She has charm and confidence and knows how to sell her personal brand. She has made her presence felt during the competition and she has the beauty to hold her own. Height might be a disadvantage but that didn't hurt Solange or Kadijah in their time so ...

I think she still needs to be refined in some areas. She strikes as an all rounder and has mastered her talent which I think could give her some international mileage if she wins.

THIS WAS S SOLID PREDICTION, KRISTOF...EVEN WITH IT TURNING OUT TO BE A TOP 6 IN THE FINALS. @-)

MY FEELING THAT ROSHELLE WOULD LIKELY PLACE HIGHER THAN ALANNA ACTUALLY PLAYED OUT IN THE END.

I guess like the judges I couldn't decide who to leave out so I just posted the six. Brianna was leading Toni in People's Choice so I knew she'd win and Soyini has been working at her BWP so I knew that would propel her.

I think Roshelle should give MUJ another shot.

kristof
GRAPHIC DESIGNERS are creative minds & beautifiers of the forum.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1990
Profession: Artist
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: Internet, Pageant, Music

Re: MISS JAMAICA WORLD '19 - TONI-ANN SINGH

Postby kristof » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:16 pm

kristof

Postby kristof » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:54 pm

Toni-Ann was discovered by Terri-Karelle at a Caribbean diaspora pageant in Florida where she represented Jamaica and won. She was encouraged to join Miss Jamaica World.

In the lead up to MJW she was being trained by Davina Bennett and Jermaine Dyer (Davina's pageant mentor).

kristof

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:49 am

kristof wrote:
the critic wrote:

Top 6

I have her peaking at...
1st Princess

I guess like the judges I couldn't decide who to leave out so I just posted the six. Brianna was leading Toni in People's Choice so I knew she'd win and Soyini has been working at her BWP so I knew that would propel her.

I think Roshelle should give MUJ another shot.

it breaks my heart that she never got a title, I hope she gives MJU one more try she belongs on the miss universe stage
yellowyam1

Postby jamaicangirl » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:47 pm

Congrats to the new queen!! She is deserving. Maybe Rochelle could try MJU 1 last time. She is gorgeous!!
jamaicangirl

Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: PARTYING

Postby the critic » Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:13 pm

the critic

Postby Jon A » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:23 pm

Best Jamaican winner I can remember
She has to fix her styling but she has everything it takes to win

Best of luck to her
Jon A
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 19 Jan 1973
Profession: consultant
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Travelling, Pageants

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Jon A wrote:Best Jamaican winner I can remember

Best of luck to her

What’s wrong with her styling ?
yellowyam1

Postby the critic » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:19 pm

the critic

Postby Jon A » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:05 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
Jon A wrote:Best Jamaican winner I can remember

Best of luck to her

What’s wrong with her styling ?

So this is just my opinion, and intended in the most supportive way so please don't take offense in any way...

I see Toni's real strength in her vibrance - and this pulled down look takes that away. I would love for her to find a way to wear her curls in full more natural form (in the way Ophelie Miss France has), not in the way that some girls do with a lot of product that makes it look oily. Not easy but I am sure there are many hair artists that know how to do this. Second, her whole makeup palette and clothing needs to go upmarket. I think they did this beautifully with Kadijah last year, so I hope they will as well. In her finale look she looked like she was wearing an orange polyester curtain, it just Brought her down. The gown itself is fine, the issue for me is that it does not suit her personality. She is a classy, well educated girl - and her style has to "class up" to match - this look would work much better on a younger, physically forward girl. Finally a way to showcase her amazing skin tone - the best of Indian and Caribbean....it's marvelous, and should be an asset.
Jon A

Postby the critic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:18 pm

the critic

Postby the critic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:24 pm

FILMING THE MISS WORLD INTRODUCTION.

the critic

Postby the critic » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:26 pm

the critic

Postby obrigado » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:04 pm

the critic wrote:

She is very miss world. can't find any flaws. makes me excited for miss world this year
obrigado

Real Life Name/Nick: obrigado
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1975
Profession: fashion merchandiser
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: fashion, tennis, travel

Postby the critic » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:10 am

the critic

Postby Jon A » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:28 pm

She reminds me a lot of Denny Mendez
And also a little Zoe Kravitz
Jon A

Postby soledad » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:13 am

One of Miss World's favorite country will place high again this year
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby the critic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:47 am

JAMAICA

the critic

PreviousNext

Return to Miss World