▌►♚ MISS GHANA 2018 ★ Nana Ama Benson ♚◄ ▌

Re: ▌►♚ MISS GHANA 2018 ★ September 29 ♚◄ ▌

Postby Johnnie Walker » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Johnnie Walker
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Johnnie Walker
Date of Birth: 23 May 1976
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: DI
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: Orchids and the world of pageantry

Postby Johnnie Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:56 am

the critic wrote:john2000doe ALWAYS MAKES INTERESTING THREADS. WELL RESEARCHED AND WELL PRESENTED.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MISS GHANA SCANDAL LAST YEAR. I FEEL THE ND HAS LOST GRIP OF THE PRESTIGE THAT WAS BUILDING. I DO NOT SEE A PLACEMENT FOR GHANA THIS YEAR.

Thank you! :"> :-* I am grateful for your compliment!

I have been following the Miss Ghana pageant since the first period of Media Whizz Kids. I don't remember exactly but I think it was since Maame Ewurafua Hawkson. My favorites, taking in account that my taste, beautywise, is westernised, from those times was Serena Naa Dei Ashi-Roye. From Sparrow times, none of them. And from Inna times, Giuseppina, Margaret Dery and of course Naa Oakiley Shooter. With regard to the groups, 2013 (Giusseppina) and 2012 (Naa). And the weakest, this one. I believe it is a consequence of the scandals and bad press. Regarding the issue of the queens speaking about exploitation, in my opinion, it is neccesary a reading between the lines. Who will capitalise on this? Anyway, I agree with your comment, I don't see a placement for Ghana this year neither.

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:11 am

FOUNDER'S DAY
Central Hotel, Accra

Every 21 September is Founder’s Day in Ghana. This holiday commemorates the birthday of Ghana’s main independence leader, first prime minister, and first president, Osagyefo Kwame Nkrumah.

Johnnie Walker

Postby the critic » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:50 pm

john2000doe wrote:
the critic wrote:john2000doe ALWAYS MAKES INTERESTING THREADS. WELL RESEARCHED AND WELL PRESENTED.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE MISS GHANA SCANDAL LAST YEAR. I FEEL THE ND HAS LOST GRIP OF THE PRESTIGE THAT WAS BUILDING. I DO NOT SEE A PLACEMENT FOR GHANA THIS YEAR.

I have been following the Miss Ghana pageant since the first period of Media Whizz Kids. I don't remember exactly but I think it was since Maame Ewurafua Hawkson. My favorites, taking in account that my taste, beautywise, is westernised, from those times was Serena Naa Dei Ashi-Roye. From Sparrow times, none of them. And from Inna times, Giuseppina, Margaret Dery and of course Naa Oakiley Shooter. With regard to the groups, 2013 (Giusseppina) and 2012 (Naa). And the weakest, this one. I believe it is a consequence of the scandals and bad press. Regarding the issue of the queens speaking about exploitation, in my opinion, it is neccesary a reading between the lines. Who will capitalise on this? Anyway, I agree with your comment, I don't see a placement for Ghana this year neither.

I THINK IF THE MWO HAD A BETTER ALTERNATIVE IN GHANA THEY WOULD HAVE REVOKED THE LICENCE OF THE CURRENT FRANCHISE HOLDER. UNTIL THEN IT WILL CONTINUE AS SUCH.

WHICH IS SAD BECAUSE GHANA WAS INCHING CLOSER TO BEING A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH IN AFRICA.
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby Johnnie Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:26 pm

VISIT TO LISTER HOSPITAL

CENTRAL - BRONG-AHAFO - EASTERN - VOLTA - GREATER ACCRA - Medical Team member - Dr Edem Hiadzi
Medical Team member - NORTHERN - UPPER EAST - UPPER WEST - WESTERN - ASHANTI

CENTRAL

BRONG-AHAFO

VOLTA

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:26 pm

NORTHERN

UPPER EAST

UPPER WEST

ASHANTI

EASTERN - VOLTA - UPPER EAST - UPPER WEST - BRONG-AHAFO - WESTERN
GREATER ACCRA - ASHANTI - Medical Team member

Johnnie Walker

Postby LyJonas » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 pm

john2000doe wrote:

::LYJONAS APPROVED::

Amazing thread! Thank you for your interest in our national contest! Doing a better job than I am - and I'm the Ghana Ambassador here Haha. There's reason behind my silence on this year's contest though. It seems rushed and hastily organized (look at the poor quality of those contestant promo photos. Yuck) to find a contestant for Miss World 2018. It seems all three winners from last year's contest resigned because there was no runner up to take over from Margaret. I look at this batch and remember Naa Okailey Shooter's batch of delegates... That year when we were spoiled for choice :( Ever since Naa handed down her title it's been scandal after scandal after scandal. Things blew up this year with Margaret resigning and penning a looong essay alleging her mistreatment, adding to the claims of mistreatment from Antoinette, Giuseppina, Margaret (Giuseppina's runner up) and a few other contestants. It's been a messy year. No offence to the contestants, but I strongly believe they just scooped whoever walked into the audition this year. I too see no placement. Not by a long shot.

As far as pageants go in Ghana now, Miss Universe Ghana is where it's at. There was a snazzy TV show capped off with a glamorous finale and everything.
LyJonas
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jon
Date of Birth: 21 Aug 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, working out, photography..Lotsa stuff :-)

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:33 am

VISITING SPONSORS

Mentorship session with James Ebo Whyte (Motivational Speaker)

VOLTA - ASHANTI - UPPER WEST - CENTRAL - BRONG-AHAFO - UPPER WEST - NORTHERN
WESTERN - GREATER ACCRA - EASTERN

Frm L-R: UPPER WEST - UPPER EAST - EASTERN - VOLTA
From R-L: ASHANTI - WESTERN - NORTHERN - BRONG-AHAFO

VOLTA - CENTRAL - GREATER ACCRA - UPPER WEST - EASTERN

BRONG-AHAFO

CENTRAL - GREATER ACCRA - UPPER WEST

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:35 am

MENTORSHIP SESSION WITH GHANA'S MEDIA PROFESSIONAL & TOURIST AMBASSADOR
Cooker's Delight Restaurant

Abeiku Santana is a Ghanaian journalist and a multiple awards winning Radio/TV Presenter. In 2016, he was announced as a Tourism Ambassador for Ghana. In 2017, he was listed in top 100 Tourism personalities in West Africa by Balafon Awards West Africa Committee of Experts. He will be the master of ceremonies for the Grand finale of the 2018 Miss Ghana pageant.

Abeiku Santana and the 2018 Miss Ghana candidates

EASTERN - UPPER EAST

NORTHERN - WESTERN - EASTERN - UPPER EAST - Abeiku Santana

On last week, the 2018 Miss Ghana candidates were mentored by Abeiku Santana as part of their activities for this year’s pageant. According to the Miss Ghana Organization, the mentorship programme, which was held at the Cooker’s Delight Restaurant in Accra, was on media etiquette and the contestants were taken through all they need to know about the media, including how to speak and react to issues in the media space. The candidates engaged the celebrated radio presenter and asked pertinent questions in reference to the topic to prepare themselves for their engagements with the media before and after the pageant.

UPPER WEST - GREATER ACCRA

GREATER ACCRA - ASHANTI - BRONG-AHAFO - CENTRAL

ASHANTI - BRONG-AHAFO - CENTRAL - VOLTA

CENTRAL - VOLTA

WESTERN - EASTERN - UPPER EAST - Abeiku Santana

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:36 am

UPPER EAST - GREATER ACCRA - WESTERN - EASTERN - UPPER WEST - Oheneyere Gifty Anti (Journalist & TV host)
NORTHERN - VOLTA - CENTRAL - BRONG-AHAFO - ASHANTI

UPPER EAST - GREATER ACCRA - WESTERN - EASTERN - UPPER WEST - Oheneyere Gifty Anti
Cooker's Delight Owners - NORTHERN - VOLTA - CENTRAL - BRONG-AHAFO - ASHANTI

EASTERN - Abeiku Santana

Abeiku Santana - NORTHERN

Abeiku Santana - ASHANTI

Frm L-R: GREATER ACCRA - WESTERN - EASTERN - UPPER WEST - Abeiku Santana - Cooker's Delight Owners
From R-L: CENTRAL - BRONG-AHAFO - VOLTA - NORTHERN

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 am

LyJonas wrote:
john2000doe wrote:

Amazing thread! Thank you for your interest in our national contest! Doing a better job than I am - and I'm the Ghana Ambassador here Haha. There's reason behind my silence on this year's contest though. It seems rushed and hastily organized (look at the poor quality of those contestant promo photos. Yuck) to find a contestant for Miss World 2018. It seems all three winners from last year's contest resigned because there was no runner up to take over from Margaret. I look at this batch and remember Naa Okailey Shooter's batch of delegates... That year when we were spoiled for choice :( Ever since Naa handed down her title it's been scandal after scandal after scandal. Things blew up this year with Margaret resigning and penning a looong essay alleging her mistreatment, adding to the claims of mistreatment from Antoinette, Giuseppina, Margaret (Giuseppina's runner up) and a few other contestants. It's been a messy year. No offence to the contestants, but I strongly believe they just scooped whoever walked into the audition this year. I too see no placement. Not by a long shot.

As far as pageants go in Ghana now, Miss Universe Ghana is where it's at. There was a snazzy TV show capped off with a glamorous finale and everything.

OMG :"> :"> :"> Thank you very much! :=p :=p :=p

I knew that you are the Ghana's Ambassador and thought that surely there were reasons behind your silence. It was too venturesome to compose this thread but I have wanted to work on it for a long time now and the opportunity came. I wished to write a thread without intending to be exhaustive about the scandals issue but trying to inform about the current status. Even today, there are people who have not yet been aware of Margaret Dery relinquished her title, to mention one example.

Unfortunately, I have released it too late but it was due to the nightmare that we are living in Venezuela with this dictatorship, in terms of electricity cuts, Internet access blocking, the slowest Internet connection speed in America, etc.

Regarding the 2017 runners up, I thought like you that maybe they have resigned but I haven't read anything about it or maybe there is a demand of a winner from the MWO because Inna has sent 1st runners up in 2014 and 2017 and they (MWO) are trying to put the house in order worldwide. And I agree with your comment that It has been a messy year for the Miss Ghana Organisation.

With regards Miss Universe Ghana, it was a great batch, very good final show, including the 3 tie breakers with Q&A rounds that led to continued and lasting tension with no foreseeable end. Good winner but I prefered Tekor or Silvia. Anyway, good luck to Akpene.

Johnnie Walker

Postby LyJonas » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:39 pm

john2000doe wrote:
LyJonas wrote:
john2000doe wrote:

OMG :"> :"> :"> Thank you very much! :=p :=p :=p

I knew that you are the Ghana's Ambassador and thought that surely there were reasons behind your silence. It was too venturesome to compose this thread but I have wanted to work on it for a long time now and the opportunity came. I wished to write a thread without intending to be exhaustive about the scandals issue but trying to inform about the current status. Even today, there are people who have not yet been aware of Margaret Dery relinquished her title, to mention one example.

Unfortunately, I have released it too late but it was due to the nightmare that we are living in Venezuela with this dictatorship, in terms of electricity cuts, Internet access blocking, the slowest Internet connection speed in America, etc.

Regarding the 2017 runners up, I thought like you that maybe they have resigned but I haven't read anything about it or maybe there is a demand of a winner from the MWO because Inna has sent 1st runners up in 2014 and 2017 and they (MWO) are trying to put the house in order worldwide. And I agree with your comment that It has been a messy year for the Miss Ghana Organisation.

With regards Miss Universe Ghana, it was a great batch, very good final show, including the 3 tie breakers with Q&A rounds that led to continued and lasting tension with no foreseeable end. Good winner but I prefered Tekor or Silvia. Anyway, good luck to Akpene.

I think you might be right, with MWO demanding a winner and not a runner up. I sorta see why MWO would ask that of us. The last time we sent a runner up she was an absolute airhead. One day I'll do a thread on the scandals and bring everyone up to speed with what's going on with the Miss Ghana Org. I think they're currently fighting Margaret, Giuseppina and her runner-up, and Antoinette in court now. Side note - it's pageant day and I'm not even excited. Not going to bother predicting who is going to win.

As for Miss Universe, I have hope for Akpene. She's refreshing to look at. Silvia was far too rehearsed but still managed to come off as rough around the edges (the girl practically shouted all her answers during the interview rounds). It came down to Akpene and Tekor for me. Both girls are brilliant, well-spoken and sophisticated - but Akpene has a more toned body and superior walk. I trust Menaye and her gang. They got Ruth in shape in about two months - I can only imagine what they can do with Akpene! I hope they let her go back to her natural hair!

Sad to hear of what's happening in Venezuela. My heart goes out to you guys! <3
LyJonas

Postby karangolos » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:23 am

MISS GHANA 2018 is Nana Ama Benson

karangolos

Real Life Name/Nick: Carlos
Date of Birth: 22 Nov 1920
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: computer
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: FIFA World cup, Beauty pageants, Eurovision

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:35 am

MISS GHANA 2018
TOP 5

EASTERN REGION: Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem

VOLTA REGION: Vera Seyram Selase

NORTHERN REGION: Laila Issaka

WESTERN REGION: Elizabeth Mary Maclean

CENTRAL REGION: Nana Ama Benson

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:12 am

At the end of the event, Nana Ama Benson was crowned by Inna Patty, CEO of Exclusive Events Ghana, and it was announced that she will represent her country at the 69th edition of the Miss World competition in 2019 and not in 2018. Will be present Ghana at the 2018 Miss World contest?

MISS GHANA 2018
CENTRAL REGION: Nana Ama Benson

1st Runner Up
NORTHERN REGION: Laila Issaka

2nd Runner Up
WESTERN REGION: Elizabeth Mary Maclean

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:28 am

Videos courtesy of Ghana TV

INTRODUCTION OF CONTESTANTS

[youtube]wCftHzI84LQ[/youtube]

QUESTION & ANSWER TIME WITH CONTESTANTS

[youtube]4YfHPr4NYYw[/youtube]

FINAL SESSION TO CROWN THE WINNER

[youtube]9ris2WIBs3s[/youtube]

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:56 am

Nana Ama Benson is a 23-year-old graduate of University Ghana Nursing School. She also won Beauty with a Purpose, Most Disciplined, Miss Bikini and Miss Eloquence Awards during the 2018 Miss Ghana Grand Finale.

TOP 5
EASTERN Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem - VOLTA Vera Seyram Selase - NORTHERN Laila Issaka
WESTERN Elizabeth Mary Maclean - CENTRAL Nana Ama Benson

1st Runner Up Laila Issaka - Miss Ghana 2018 Nana Ama Benson - 2nd Runner Up Elizabeth Mary Maclean

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:35 am

According to the Grand Finale host, Abeiku Santana, Nana Ama Benson is expected to represent Ghana at next year's Miss World 2019 pageant. As you may recall, Margaret Dery resigned as Miss Ghana 2017 due to an assortment of grievances against the pageant organizers. Thus, Ghana might sit out December's Miss World 2018 pageant. Or does Inna Patty has an Ace up her sleeve? Is Josephine Aryitey? LyJonas, by chance, do you know if she is married?

Johnnie Walker

Postby LyJonas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:55 pm

john2000doe wrote:

According to the Grand Finale host, Abeiku Santana, Nana Ama Benson is expected to represent Ghana at next year's Miss World 2019 pageant. As you may recall, Margaret Dery resigned as Miss Ghana 2017 due to an assortment of grievances against the pageant organizers. Thus, Ghana might sit out December's Miss World 2018 pageant. Or does Inna Patty has an Ace up her sleeve? Is Josephine Aryitey? LyJonas, by chance, do you know if she is married?

No, she isn't married.Since Josephine's charity project (the borehole for drinking water) was recently launched, I guess she might be considered to represent Ghana this year. I would have thought Sung Maryanne Billey (top 5, Miss Ghana 2012) would have been chosen since she served as Inna's personal assistant for awhile, but I just found out she resigned from her position as well :-|
LyJonas

Postby Johnnie Walker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Laila Issaka (1st Runner Up) - Nana Ama Benson (Miss Ghana 2018) - Elizabeth Maclean (2nd Runner Up)

Nana Ama Benson (Miss Ghana 2018)

Inna Patty (CEO of Exclusive Events) - Laila Issaka (1st Runner Up) - Bice Osei Kuffour (Pageant judge)
Nana Ama Benson (Miss Ghana 2018)
Akumaa Mama Zimbi (Pageant judge) - Elizabeth Maclean (2nd Runner Up) - Abeiku Santana (Show host)

Johnnie Walker

Re: ▌►♚ MISS GHANA 2018 ★ Nana Ama Benson ♚◄ ▌

Postby Johnnie Walker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 pm

BRONG-AHAFO Peggy Agyekum Boateng - ASHANTI Anita Nana Yaa - UPPER WEST Veronica Safo Adu-Nti

UPPER EAST Juliet Afinaomi Mokpokpo - WESTERN Elizabeth Mary Maclean

GREATER ACCRA Rhoda Naa Shika

UPPER EAST Juliet Afinaomi Mokpokpo

BRONG-AHAFO Peggy Agyekum Boateng

VOLTA Vera Seyram Selase (Finalist)

EASTERN Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem (Finalist)

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:53 pm

TOP 5
EASTERN Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem - VOLTA Vera Seyram Selase - NORTHERN Laila Issaka
WESTERN Elizabeth Mary Maclean - CENTRAL Nana Ama Benson

WESTERN Elizabeth Mary Maclean (2nd Runner Up)

NORTHERN Laila Issaka (1st Runner Up)

EASTERN Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem - VOLTA Vera Seyram Selase - CENTRAL Nana Ama Benson

Johnnie Walker

Postby the critic » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:11 pm

WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO SEND THIS YEAR'S WINNER TO MW 2019 WHEN IS CROWNED WITH ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE FOR MW 2018?
the critic

Postby LyJonas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 pm

the critic wrote:WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO SEND THIS YEAR'S WINNER TO MW 2019 WHEN IS CROWNED WITH ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE FOR MW 2018?

You can never have too much time to prepare, methinks. Give her time to grow into her role. Experiment fully with styling and speaking (she's quite eloquent already) and more importantly, extensively work on her BWAP project(s).
LyJonas

Postby Johnnie Walker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:17 am

EASTERN - UPPER WEST - GREATER ACCRA - BRONG-AHAFO - ASHANTI - VOLTA - NORTHERN - WESTERN - CENTRAL

EASTERN - VOLTA

Finalist - TOP 5 Nana Yaa Owusu-Achempem

Finalist - TOP 5 Vera Seyram Selase

2nd Runner Up Elizabeth Mary Maclean

1st Runner Up Laila Issaka

MISS GHANA 2018 Nana Ama Benson

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:18 am

Nana Ama Benson took home, apart from the Miss Ghana crown, a compact-Mini sport utility car designed and manufactured by the Indian Mahindra & Mahindra (Mahindra KUV 100) and the 1st and 2nd runners up received Hyundai Grande i10 official cars each.

Johnnie Walker

Postby Johnnie Walker » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:27 am

MISS GHANA 2018
Nana Ama Benson

Johnnie Walker

Postby the critic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:45 pm

LyJonas wrote:
the critic wrote:WHAT SENSE DOES IT MAKE TO SEND THIS YEAR'S WINNER TO MW 2019 WHEN IS CROWNED WITH ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE FOR MW 2018?

You can never have too much time to prepare, methinks. Give her time to grow into her role. Experiment fully with styling and speaking (she's quite eloquent already) and more importantly, extensively work on her BWAP project(s).

OR ENOUGH TIME TO RESIGN UNDER INNA PATTY'S REGIME.
WHO WILL GO IN 2018 OR WILL THEY WITHDRAW?
the critic

Postby Johnnie Walker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:50 pm

BACK AND FORTH

Today, October 10, Nana Ama Benson, who was crowned and bestowed with the title Miss Ghana 2018 on last Saturday, September 29, was listed on the official Miss World website as this year's Ghana representative at the 68th edition of the Miss World competition.

Johnnie Walker

Previous

Return to Miss World