MISS WORLD 2018 | Official Coverage

Re: MISS WORLD 2018 is Vanessa Ponce de León From MEXICO

Postby ThatCanadian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Congratulations Mexico :!! :!! stunning winner!

The only other thing I can say since I did not follow closely is how disappointed I am for Maeva from France. Sylvie really wanted to pander to Morley's Cooking Show attitudes and thought sending the winner was going to win her any favours...nope. The girl was stunning but if Morley does not want you, she won't care. What a waste.

ThatCanadian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 18 Apr 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Cher's disciple
Hobbies/Interests: hoarding, online shopping

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

bootsguy wrote:
unbreakable wrote:
Mexicoooooooooooo :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx :hx

Perla you can Rest now , you have been avenaged

Yeah the pageant fans were shocked by Perla Beltran's runner up finish in 2009 with an upset win of the plain jane Gibraltar which is actually a British territory...

LOL. HOW DID YOUR PREDICTION WORK OUT?
the critic
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:53 pm

ThatCanadian wrote:Congratulations Mexico :!! :!! stunning winner!

The only other thing I can say since I did not follow closely is how disappointed I am for Maeva from France. Sylvie really wanted to pander to Morley's Cooking Show attitudes and thought sending the winner was going to win her any favours...nope. The girl was stunning but if Morley does not want you, she won't care. What a waste.

I LIKE MAEVA BUT IM GLAD THAT SYLVIE'S GAME PLAN GOT CRUSHED. SHE SHOULD HAVE DECLARE MAEVA'S PARTICIPATION MUCH EARLIER AND WORKED ON A WINNING STRATEGY.

ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT SYLVIE REALLY WANTS.
the critic

Postby Clayton » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Arduina wrote:

Someone saw the video of Marine Lorphelin saying that Maëva deserves more and that Belarus is not that charismatic? =D>
Clayton
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Zéphyr
Date of Birth: 02 Dec 2000
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Law
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Being a D.I.V.A!

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I MUST CONGRATULATE MISS BELARUS.
USUALLY GIRLS FROM HER COUNTRY ARE STUNNING BUT SO QUIET AND NOT GREAT SPEAKERS SO THEY DON'T GET NOTICED. FOR A SMALL COUNTRY IN EUROPE THEY DID GREAT AND SHE WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE.
the critic

Postby Arduina » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:05 pm

the critic wrote:

I LIKE MAEVA BUT IM GLAD THAT SYLVIE'S GAME PLAN GOT CRUSHED. SHE SHOULD HAVE DECLARE MAEVA'S PARTICIPATION MUCH EARLIER AND WORKED ON A WINNING STRATEGY.

She should crown a Miss Universe France AND a Miss World France on coronation night and prepare them both accordingly period. Let the MFO ask the girls their preferences during the close-door interview and deal with it! I'm so fed up with the drama every year ...

And bloody train them in English. I'm going to send them my resume, I used to coach in English :p And damnit it, ELOQUENCE !!

Any link for the final Q&A ??? My streaming froze at that moment :'(
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Date of Birth: 03 Dec 1978
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Quality System Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm

SHOUT OUT TO MISS BELGIUM. SHE WAS ONE OF MY FAVES FROM EUROPE AND I'M GLAD SHE MANAGED TO SECURE A JUDGES PICK FOR THE TOP 30.

I WISH HER ALL THE BEST IN HER AVIATION CAREER.
the critic

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Arduina wrote:
the critic wrote:

She should crown a Miss Universe France AND a Miss World France on coronation night and prepare them both accordingly period. Let the MFO ask the girls their preferences during the close-door interview and deal with it! I'm so fed up with the drama every year ...

And bloody train them in English. I'm going to send them my resume, I used to coach in English :p And damnit it, ELOQUENCE !!

FRANCE DOES SEND GIRLS WHO ARE NATURALLY MISS WORLD TYPES WITH OUT EVEN TRYING. THE DISCONNECT IS WITH THEIR APPROACH AND NOT LANGUAGE. LAST YEARS GIRL WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE KIND OF LIKE HOW BELARUS TURN OUT THIS YEAR.

I THINK THEY NEED TO HAVE A TRAINER LIKE MARINE LORPHELIN WHO UNDERSTANDS THE PROCESS. MARINE WAS THE PRECURSOR TO ROLENE STRAUSS. TOO BAD SHE COMPETED WITH MEGAN YOUNG.
the critic

Postby Leo1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:17 pm

Congrats to Mexico! Totally deserving win! Her styling at the beginning of the pageant was questionable, but she bounced back. Finally Mexico has achieved what they’ve been robbed of multiple times.

Sad that Chile didn’t advance to the Top 12. Such a pretty girl! I thought Nepal deserved to be in the top 5. She had that Miss World aura. Thailand is deserving nonetheless. The Caribbean placements were all out of wack, except for Jamaica’s. Puerto Rico & Trinidad & Tobago would’ve been way better options over Martinique & Barbados. I might be the only one who wasn’t on France’s bandwagon. Sorry, she lacked that spark and she did look a bit a older.

With the exception of the glitches, this edition wasn’t so horrible. I like the continental system. Even though it kicks out deserving girls, it gives an opportunity to non favorites to prove themselves.

I do think the H2H challenge is a bit unfair to some countries. If they use the continental system for the first part of the H2H challenge and then do the BWAP knockouts, it would be fairer.
Leo1
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 11 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: NOB
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Volleyball

Postby Clayton » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:19 pm

the critic wrote:
Arduina wrote:
the critic wrote:

FRANCE DOES SEND GIRLS WHO ARE NATURALLY MISS WORLD TYPES WITH OUT EVEN TRYING. THE DISCONNECT IS WITH THEIR APPROACH AND NOT LANGUAGE. LAST YEARS GIRL WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE KIND OF LIKE HOW BELARUS TURN OUT THIS YEAR.

I THINK THEY NEED TO HAVE A TRAINER LIKE MARINE LORPHELIN WHO UNDERSTANDS THE PROCESS. MARINE WAS THE PRECURSOR TO ROLENE STRAUSS. TOO BAD SHE COMPETED WITH MEGAN YOUNG.

Marine said to Mw organisation that she doesn’t wanted to win
Clayton

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:25 pm

THE WINNING ANSWER!
I LIKED HOW MEXICO TOOK THE MIC AND WALKED FORWARD. SHE TOOK CONTROL LIKE A REAL WINNER. I BET SHE HAS TONS OF EXPERIENCE IN PUBLIC SPEAKING.
the critic

Postby theblob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Arduina wrote:
the critic wrote:

I have to agree. Waiting until the last minute to decide who gets to compete where is so dumb. It leaves the girls no time to prepare whatsoever. Especially since Miss World and Miss Universe are completely different ball games and you can't just transition from one to another that easily. Not only that, Eva didn't even know whether she would get to compete at all for months because rumors were circulating that Lison might get chosen. It's so unfair to her because now she's in Thailand seemingly unprepared with no support from the MFO.
Last edited by theblob on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theblob

Real Life Name/Nick: Blobberz
Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2015
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Profession: Professional Trollist
Hobbies/Interests: Trolling

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:28 pm

the critic wrote:

SHOUT OUT TO MISS BELGIUM. SHE WAS ONE OF MY FAVES FROM EUROPE AND I'M GLAD SHE MANAGED TO SECURE A JUDGES PICK FOR THE TOP 30.

I was low-key rooting for her to get the Europe crown. If it had happened, i would have screamed with joy.

Jonathan Nguyen
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: Jonathan Nguyen
Date of Birth: 10 Aug 1997
Profession: Software Developer
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe and Miss World

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:29 pm

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I am so happy for my Mexican friends, this crown was LOOOOONNNGGGG overdue and you finally did it, Vanessa looked and spoke amazing there was no way Morley could not crown her. She is the perfect Miss World I love her and she is such a beautiful person inside and out. I am so proud of her and I am not even Mexican!

My livestream was terrible and I couldn’t watch half of the show because it kept on freezing and I thought she announced Mexico as the first runner up because Miss Thailand was standing by the throne alone and I was like oh no but she was so excited and I did not realize then I saw Manushi out the sash on her and I was so happy!

But anyways, from what I saw of the show, I hated it, there were way too many hosts, the stage was terrible, I get why Julia tried to be creative but for me it did not work. The format was terrible and I did not get the Top 30 catwalk thing and there should have been a Top 15, 3 girls from each continent advance instead of 12 or not have a system at all, some girls were ROBBED because of it like Chile & Nepal especially. I do not know if Morley made Thailand the runner up to take the attention away from Miss Universe or if she was just great but Nepal deserved Top 5 for Asia and Oceania. Also why were there not two runner ups and I wish all the Top 5 stood together in their crowning instead of with their continental groups.

And as for France, I knew the minute she would have to open her mouth she would be eliminated because she is bad at Engliah and was a mess during the h2h challenge. Sylvia just wasted a lot of money on a trip to Sanya and Maëva is not even one of the best Miss France. No offense to any French members but I laughed so hard when I saw Belarus beat her
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:30 pm

Leo1 wrote:
Congrats to Mexico! Totally deserving win! Her styling at the beginning of the pageant was questionable, but she bounced back. Finally Mexico has achieved what they’ve been robbed of multiple times.

Sad that Chile didn’t advance to the Top 12. Such a pretty girl! I thought Nepal deserved to be in the top 5. She had that Miss World aura. Thailand is deserving nonetheless. The Caribbean placements were all out of wack, except for Jamaica’s. Puerto Rico & Trinidad & Tobago would’ve been way better options over Martinique & Barbados. I might be the only one who wasn’t on France’s bandwagon. Sorry, she lacked that spark and she did look a bit a older.

With the exception of the glitches, this edition wasn’t so horrible. I like the continental system. Even though it kicks out deserving girls, it gives an opportunity to non favorites to prove themselves.

I do think the H2H challenge is a bit unfair to some countries. If they use the continental system for the first part of the H2H challenge and then do the BWAP knockouts, it would be fairer.

I KINDA LIKE H2H AS IT IS NOW. IT BALANCES OUT WHAT THE FANS WANT AND THE JUDGES CLOSE TO THE ORG GET THE FINAL SAY.

IF YOU NOTICE THE TOP 5 WERE EITHER H2H OR JUDGES PICK. ITS A SIGN OF WHICH FAVOURITES WONT WIN EXAMPLES ARE NEPAL AND FRANCE WHO BOTH LOST THEIR H2H.
the critic

Postby trinitruth » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm

congrats from tnt .
trinitruth

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1970
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: P.I.
Hobbies/Interests: The truth will come to light
Message: For the love of country we must speak out with the truth

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:32 pm

the critic wrote:

USUALLY GIRLS FROM HER COUNTRY ARE STUNNING BUT SO QUIET AND NOT GREAT SPEAKERS SO THEY DON'T GET NOTICED. FOR A SMALL COUNTRY IN EUROPE THEY DID GREAT AND SHE WAS A PLEASANT SURPRISE.

I’m still mad when she got it over France. But, i can’t deny she was so likable when she spoke with Angela Chow. On the other hand, it was hard for me to catch up with what France was trying to say. Regardless, i still think France was robbed.

Jonathan Nguyen

Re: MISS WORLD 2018 | Official Coverage

Postby theblob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:34 pm

aloha94 wrote:
firerprince wrote:
I am not surprised that Katarina clapped :=p Shhhhhhhh let's keep it a secret why :)>-

Haven't been following this pageant so a bit out of the loop. I thought Kat was a strong candidate when she won Miss World Philippines. Why did she clap?

Cuz she showed up looking like this

theblob

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
the critic wrote:

I was low-key rooting for her to get the Europe crown. If it had happened, i would have screamed with joy.

YES SHES SUCH A NATURAL AND SHE STOOD TALL DESPITE THE RACISM SHOWN TOWARDS HER AFTER HER CROWNING.
the critic

Postby theblob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
the critic wrote:Image

ONE THING I ADMIRE ABOUT LATINO PEOPLE IS THEIR UNITY AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND HIW THEY SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

LOOK AT THE GENUINELY EXCITED REACTION OF PERU AND VENEZUELA...IT EVEN RUBBED OFF ON MEXICO'S NEIGHBOUR USA.

CONGRATS VANESSA PONCE DE LEON. YOI ARE A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BEAUTIFUL WITH A PURPOSE AND YOU'VE MADE HISTORY AND REPRESENTED MEXICO WELL.

I noticed this too. The way Venezuela, USA and Peru reacted was priceless. They were genuinely happy for Mexico.

Look at USA's guns. Damn, that bitch is strong.
theblob

Postby Arduina » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 pm

the critic wrote:
Arduina wrote:She should crown a Miss Universe France AND a Miss World France on coronation night and prepare them both accordingly period. Let the MFO ask the girls their preferences during the close-door interview and deal with it! I'm so fed up with the drama every year ...

I don't know, most of their training is styling, hair, make-up, catwalk (which is quite new), but they count on her year as a Miss France (media tour, associations meetings, signing sessions, trust me a Miss France is really busy in her year) for eloquency and such. Clearly that's not enough. Maëva's BWAP was nice, clearly not the best, but genuine since her mother is a cancer survivor. Except she did not have what it takes to transfert her eagerness to defend this project and engage people. Even in French mind you. Just like when I say that her smile on pictures does not reach her eyes. See what I mean? She definitely wanted it, but she lacked passion where it definitely is needed in Miss World. This especially is why Aurore was so much stronger last year. Same goes with Marine.

Anyways, I'm proud of our first ever winner in Top Model :) That is an achievment. Let us learn and come back stronger next year :)

Again, should have she reach top 5, she would have been eater alive by Mexico and Thailand (sorry I could not hear the others). She flopped her top 12 question so that's it :) Fair and square :)

Asked to tell more about herself, ALL the girsl talked about their studies, their career, their inspirations, their family ... Maëva? "Yeah my French accent is strong when talking in English but just remember the international language is love"... girl ... what the hell were you thinking? Pageant patty as hell and so not answering the initial question!
Image TEAM FRANCE
Arduina

Date of Birth: 03 Dec 1978
Profession: Quality System Manager
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry

Postby theblob » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:38 pm

firerprince wrote:
Now bring this back to McDonalds ya'll
=;))

I CAN'T @ this "throne" they got from the dollar store. =;))
Last edited by theblob on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theblob

Postby the critic » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
the critic wrote:

I’m still mad when she got it over France. But, i can’t deny she was so likable when she spoke with Angela Chow. On the other hand, it was hard for me to catch up with what France was trying to say. Regardless, i still think France was robbed.

WHEN I SAW HET LINED UP WITH FRANCE AND SCOTLAND I KNEW SHE'D BE AN UPSTTER. EUROPE IS ALWAYS MW MOST DIFFICULT GROUP TO PREDICT. I WAS EXPECTING NORTHERN IRELAND TO BE THE UPSTTER IN THE LONG RUN.

I MUST SAY COUNTRIES LIKE UKRAINE SHOULD STUDY THIS GIRL LIKE A THESIS. SHE HAS THE X FACTOR.
the critic

Postby Clayton » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:42 pm

MY REVIEW :

This is probably the pageant that shocked me the most in y life =b

First, Philippines out of the top 30.. I felt very bad for Kat and filipinos.

Quite surprised that Martinique made it to the top 30 and Guadeloupe no ..

I AM TOTALLY SHOCKED THAT MARTINIQUE MADE THE TOP 12 WTF GIRL !

VENEZUELA LOOKED VERY GOOD I TOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA DO A TOP 12

IM VERY HAPPY FOR PANAMA SHE DESERVES IT! SHES A SWEETHEART

SINCE TH TOP 30 WAS CALLED FOR ME IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT MEXICO AND FRANCE DESERVED TO BE THE TOP 2

WHEN FRANCE WASN'T CALLED AS THE CONTINENTAL QUEEN I TOUGHT IT WAS A MISTAKE I WATCHED MY BOYFRIEND AND I SAID I THINK THEY'RE GONNA DO LIKE ONE TIME IN MISS USA WITH TEXAS AND ANNOUNCE A 6TH GIRL AND THIS WILL BE FRANCE, EVEN SCOTLAND WAS MUCH BETTER THAN BELARUS THAT WASN'T IN MY TOP 30 .. I STILL DONT KNOW WHY MAEVA HAVEN'T MADE IT BECAUSE SHE LOOKED SPONTANEOUS AND MADE A JOKE ABOUT HER ACCENT , THIS WAS SHORT BUT STILL GOOD..

AFTER THAT, IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT THE TOP 2 WAS THAILAND AND MEXICO AND I WROTE THIS ON MISSOSOLOGY! SHE DESERVED TO WIN WHEN WE SEE HER OVERRAL PERFORMANCE BUT I DONT FIND HER FACE ATTRACTIVE

MMH, I THINK THIS WAS A REMEMBER FROM THIS CRAZY SHOW
Clayton

Postby Jonathan Nguyen » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:43 pm

theblob wrote:
Jonathan Nguyen wrote:
the critic wrote:Image

ONE THING I ADMIRE ABOUT LATINO PEOPLE IS THEIR UNITY AND SENSE OF COMMUNITY AND HIW THEY SUPPORT EACH OTHER.

LOOK AT THE GENUINELY EXCITED REACTION OF PERU AND VENEZUELA...IT EVEN RUBBED OFF ON MEXICO'S NEIGHBOUR USA.

CONGRATS VANESSA PONCE DE LEON. YOI ARE A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF BEAUTIFUL WITH A PURPOSE AND YOU'VE MADE HISTORY AND REPRESENTED MEXICO WELL.

I noticed this too. The way Venezuela, USA and Peru reacted was priceless. They were genuinely happy for Mexico.

Look at USA's guns. Damn, that bitch is strong.

Don’t mess with USA lol

Jonathan Nguyen

Postby venice » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:46 pm

Clayton wrote:
Arduina wrote:

Someone saw the video of Marine Lorphelin saying that Maëva deserves more and that Belarus is not that charismatic? =D>

I love that pic. The HYPED favourite and the REAL Miss World.
[youtube]mXrWiJcmvBI[/youtube]
venice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Dance Instructer
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, costume design, make up

Postby venice » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Miss World has been moving in the right direction since 2016. The show is getting better each year and the format changes each year. :=p

CONGRATS To Mexico!!! =c3

I never liked Perla Beltran so this one is a tribute to Dafne Molina and Andrea Meza.
[youtube]mXrWiJcmvBI[/youtube]
venice

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Dance Instructer
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, costume design, make up

Postby cronista » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:13 pm

IanC062 wrote:
Viva Mexico !

Congratulations cronista, kukulkan and other Meixcan forumers. You've waited a long time. Bask in it !

:!!

WE HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED SO MANY TIMES BY MISS WORLD, THAT I THINK WE ARE STILL HOLDING OUR BREATH, WAITING FOR THE MISS WORLD ORGANIZATION ANNOUNCES THEY READ THE NAMES WRONG...MEXICAN FANS ARE HAPPIER THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE DESPITE THE LOVE- HATE RELATION WE HAVE WITH JULIA MORLEY.
cronista
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.
PREDICTIONISTS are known to give sharp & accurate pageant forecasts.

Date of Birth: 26 Jun 1979
Profession: writter
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Hobbies/Interests: TV, Sports, Poker

Postby Colonel Sanders » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:14 pm

Congratulation to all my Mexican friends.
Very deserving winner!
Vanessa is a winner from the get go! I notices her aura during H2H Challenge. Her public speaking skill is impecable!
Thailand is doing an amazing job too!
=D> =D> =D>

ImageImageImage
Colonel Sanders

Date of Birth: 21 Jun 1988
Profession: Coffee Shop Owner / Part Time Model
Hobbies/Interests: Kentucky Fried Chicken

Postby The Duchess » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Last Year I said Mexico should win, ended up 1st Runner Up

this year I said Mexico as 1st Runner Up, and she won =;)) oh lord
The Duchess

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

PreviousNext

Return to Miss World