Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Postby ajsy0203 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:46 am

[youtube]AL1fniyyMGY[/youtube]
Video Credit: The Pageant Nerd

The last time India made it to the Final 5 was Celina Jaitley who finished 4th Runner Up at Miss Universe 2001. After Celina, no Indian beauties made it to the Final 5. As the potential crown contender Adline Castelino tries to end the 19 year drought. What could be the factors that prevented India from advancing in the Final 5?

Last edited by ajsy0203 on Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Factors prevented India from advancing into the Final 5?

Postby Archisexure » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Luck and the timing...
Archisexure
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 18 Nov 2008
Profession: Architect
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: Architectural Design

Postby Miss Mirchi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:38 pm

Only one reason - LACK OF BUSINESS
Miss Universe doesn't even air on Indian TV anymore. The last time it aired was in 2015 or 16
And the Miss Diva pageant is a joke. Nobody watches it. Times only does it like charity.
Miss Mirchi
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: Minty
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby Stoichio » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:23 pm

Miss Mirchi wrote:Only one reason - LACK OF BUSINESS
Miss Universe doesn't even air on Indian TV anymore. The last time it aired was in 2015 or 16
And the Miss Diva pageant is a joke. Nobody watches it. Times only does it like charity.

1st: Change the name of the title.
Miss Universe is not looking for a DIVA.
There is no way the Miss Universe title (especially with IMG) will associate it with the word “diva”.
Diva has a negative connotation in pageantry, like “diva attitude”.

2nd: India is only interested with Miss World. All the other pageants are nothing. And Miss World has a huge ‘money generating’ machine in India via it’s BWAP; hence, only Miss World has business in India among all the pageants.
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby SisterStella » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 pm

There are two major factors:
1. FAKE/INSINCERE : Gone are the days of "Mother Theresa" blah blah blah. Indian queens sound rehearsed and very fake with what they say. Only MW buys it bwahahaha

2. LAZINESS/ATTITUDE : The queens specially during the IMG era should be hardworking, dedicated, passionate about their work and full of humility. We all know that Indians by nature are LAZY and ARROGANT.
:!! :!! :!!
SisterStella

Date of Birth: 19 Mar 1970
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
Profession: CEO
Hobbies/Interests: pageantry

Postby Miss Mirchi » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:14 am

Stoichio wrote:

There is no way the Miss Universe title (especially with IMG) will associate it with the word “diva”.

2nd: India is only interested with Miss World. All the other pageants are nothing. And Miss World has a huge ‘money generating’ machine in India via it’s BWAP; hence, only Miss World has business in India among all the pageants.

As much as I hate the name Miss Diva, i don't think MUO has a problem with it. Paula Shugart has herself attended a Miss Diva finale.. even last year Paula had sent a video message for Lara and contestants during the finale. And 2 reigning MUs have attended the pageant as a judge. I don't think if MUO had a problem they would've done any of these things.

Tbh even MW as a pageant isn't that popular in India anymore. Hardly anyone watches it. I know because I work in media industry. MW is still aired in India because they ofver TV rights for throwaway prices in India. The whole reason why girls participate in Femina Miss India more is because they want Bollywood success like Aishwarya and Priyanka.

One good thing is that since barely anyone cares about Miss Diva, more pageant fans participate in it. Girls like Nehal, Vartika and Adline had been dreaming of winning Miss Universe and not just land a successful bollywood debut.
Miss Mirchi

Real Life Name/Nick: Minty
Date of Birth: 10 Feb 1990
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants

Postby amanda obdumb » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:43 am

Miss India no longer makes it to the Top 5 at Miss Universe because Thailand always takes her spot.
amanda obdumb
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: amanda obdumb
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: pageant girl
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: boys to men
Message: I can show to the world, the universe rather, that I am Thai-ness with a heart.

Postby MissoCA » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:39 pm

This is actually an old query from Indian pageant enthusiasts. I think we've all pretty much narrowed it down to 3 solid reasons as to why India is no longer a factor.

1. The whole Miss Diva thing is all wrong - been saying this for years.
2. It's not a written pre-requisite to send pretty girls to Miss Universe, but I think you kinda have to (I say that lightly with humor). A FEW of your past delegates looked the part in pre-pageant PHOTOS but their competition transformations have been total fails! The rest of the girls you've sent were just so average looking (face and most definitely body) and I've questioned their semifinal berths. Let's be real! Based on this, Adline will probably look outdated in May when she shows up and you'll end up projecting your griping on other Asian countries who seem to have figured out the magic formula while Lara Dutta's diva organization continues to flop.
3. I think the world now knows that Indians aren't great business partners in the world of Miss Universe.

I tell you what, India will always be a front runner in Julia Morley's world for two reasons: Anglo Saxon British girls all look like Camilla Parker Bowles, and India is Great Britain with melanin!!!!! I say stick to "winning" Miss World. Forget about Miss Universe because India is no longer a factor and won't be for a very very long time.

...but, Indian people, miracles do happen!!!! ;)
MissoCA
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Allie
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1996
Profession: Consumer - the pricier the better
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, style, and hot guys of course.

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:26 am

MissoCA wrote:This is actually an old query from Indian pageant enthusiasts. I think we've all pretty much narrowed it down to 3 solid reasons as to why India is no longer a factor.

2. It's not a written pre-requisite to send pretty girls to Miss Universe, but I think you kinda have to (I say that lightly with humor). A FEW of your past delegates looked the part in pre-pageant PHOTOS but their competition transformations have been total fails! The rest of the girls you've sent were just so average looking (face and most definitely body) and I've questioned their semifinal berths. Let's be real! Based on this, Adline will probably look outdated in May when she shows up and you'll end up projecting your griping on other Asian countries who seem to have figured out the magic formula while Lara Dutta's diva organization continues to flop.
3. I think the world now knows that Indians aren't great business partners in the world of Miss Universe.

I tell you what, India will always be a front runner in Julia Morley's world for two reasons: Anglo Saxon British girls all look like Camilla Parker Bowles, and India is Great Britain with melanin!!!!! I say stick to "winning" Miss World. Forget about Miss Universe because India is no longer a factor and won't be for a very very long time.

I hope Adline will not fall the same fate as Nehal or Urvashi (perceived crown contenders to actual clappers)?
ajsy0203

Postby MissoCA » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:50 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
MissoCA wrote:This is actually an old query from Indian pageant enthusiasts. I think we've all pretty much narrowed it down to 3 solid reasons as to why India is no longer a factor.

I hope Adline will not fall the same fate as Nehal or Urvashi (perceived crown contenders to actual clappers)?

Urvashi was a crown contender? Hell, that's news to me. She looked like a chubby frog.
MissoCA

Real Life Name/Nick: Allie
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1996
Profession: Consumer - the pricier the better
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Fashion, style, and hot guys of course.

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:34 am

MissoCA wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:

Urvashi was a crown contender? Hell, that's news to me. She looked like a chubby frog.

I think Urvashi was a perceived crown contender before her lackluster performance at Miss Universe 2015 preliminaries.
ajsy0203

Postby Zinnia » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:42 am

Different management, different standards..... Some countries can easily adjust to follow and mold their queens to the new standard, some can't. Either they're stucked from the old mold, or they are having a hard time to transition. One example is when a girl is competing Miss Universe for IMG era with a transformation and packaging of a "Trump era" caliber where face and performance won't make you reach Top 10. Example if Gazini competed during the Trump era, she might nail it all the way to the Top 5.... Or if Shamcey Supsup with a good academic background competed during the IMG era, very high chance she will win it. things like that, it's only my opinion. Bottomline, I think the timing is not perfect.

Miss Universe 2022 is like a rollercoaster ride.
FULL OF SURPRISES !!!

Zinnia
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 02 Apr 1995
Profession: student
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants, Fashion, Music, Food

Postby roccor » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:18 am

Desi fatigue— too formulaic. If you send Meenakshi to Miss Universe, India will be back!
roccor
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.
CORRESPONDENTS are OFFICIAL pageant REPORTERS & PHOTOGRAPHERS of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: Rocco R
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: Hotties. Surfing.

Postby Poseidon88 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 am

They just have to stop sending Sushmita and Lara prototypes then they can rock it again. Just like the Philippines sending Miriam clone during the early 2000s
Poseidon88

Real Life Name/Nick: Cool Guy
Date of Birth: 12 Apr 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Model
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Pageant

Postby life » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:30 am

Wow, some of the Filipinos, no matter even if they live in the United States or elsewhere, are so jealous about their country not placing in Miss World. They come up with conspiracy theories that India places in Miss World because India used to be British Colony etc. How about coming up with some conspiracy theories on why Philippines keeps placing in the American run Miss Universe? Did Pia Wurzbach not "famously" say that Philippines used to be an American colony and that Filipinos love the American culture? Guess America is returning that favor to the Philippines now. If we get down to stereotyping women, we can come up with colorful adjectives for the Filipino women too. But I won't stoop so low.
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Postby Galunggong » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Venus Raj ended India’s famine in the Miss Universe pageant .

And now Rabiya Mateo will bulldoze her way to the finals .
Galunggong

Date of Birth: 21 Nov 2000
Profession: eating fishes
Hobbies/Interests: fishing

Postby Galunggong » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:55 am

It’s a monstrosity that India sent the likes of Usoshi Sengupta, Vasuki Sunkavalli, Shilpa Singh , Urvashi Rautela etc to the Miss Universe pageant .
Galunggong

Postby Galunggong » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:02 am

Ushoshi Sengupta vs Venus Raj

Galunggong

Postby Stoichio » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:05 pm

Miss Mirchi wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

As much as I hate the name Miss Diva, i don't think MUO has a problem with it. Paula Shugart has herself attended a Miss Diva finale.. even last year Paula had sent a video message for Lara and contestants during the finale. And 2 reigning MUs have attended the pageant as a judge. I don't think if MUO had a problem they would've done any of these things.

Tbh even MW as a pageant isn't that popular in India anymore. Hardly anyone watches it. I know because I work in media industry. MW is still aired in India because they ofver TV rights for throwaway prices in India. The whole reason why girls participate in Femina Miss India more is because they want Bollywood success like Aishwarya and Priyanka.

One good thing is that since barely anyone cares about Miss Diva, more pageant fans participate in it. Girls like Nehal, Vartika and Adline had been dreaming of winning Miss Universe and not just land a successful bollywood debut.

Did Paula volunteer to attend or the Miss Diva Team invited her?

Let’s just put it this way: what do you think is the reason why MUO asked major players in Miss Universe (e.g. Philippines, Colombia, Brazil, Thailand to have a separate national org and pageant that bears “Miss Universe” in the name?

It’s good that India has a separate pageant for Miss Universe but to call it another name aside from the usual MU-(name of country) is like telling MUO, “we don’t care about the name Miss Universe, we have our own brand to promote.”. It would be good if it is named Miss INDIA only, like in Miss USA, Miss France, Miss South Africa. If you know what I mean.

Last edited by Stoichio on Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoichio

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Oma-san » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 am

ajsy0203 wrote:
MissoCA wrote:
ajsy0203 wrote:

I think Urvashi was a perceived crown contender before her lackluster performance at Miss Universe 2015 preliminaries.

She is a ditzy dolt no doubt but her physical advantage was best betted on in 2012. It was also before she went to Bollywood and became overconfident. Plus, those boob jobs and loud makeup, weight gain made her look older.
Oma-san

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby stuff » Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Bring the franchise back to FMI
stuff

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Postby yellowyam1 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:54 am

Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???
yellowyam1
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Real Life Name/Nick: nick
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1982
Profession: manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: watching beauty pageants

Postby Oma-san » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

Most of the girls in India are dark. It's more of a class issue. Darker people mean they've been working out in the sun.

It's better you look at the pressing issue of of having deserving black contestants noticed in Miss Universe especially those from Africa where white girls (Michelle McLean and Demi-Leigh Peters) have won Miss Universe for the African continent. Rather than looking for darker girls in other countries.
Oma-san

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby yellowyam1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:27 am

Oma-san wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

Most of the girls in India are dark. It's more of a class issue. Darker people mean they've been working out in the sun.

It's better you look at the pressing issue of of having deserving black contestants noticed in Miss Universe especially those from Africa where white girls (Michelle McLean and Demi-Leigh Peters) have won Miss Universe for the African continent. Rather than looking for darker girls in other countries.

Stop trying to make an issue out of something that isn’t there I am commenting on a video I watched . And the person that I am talking about her skin complexion was mentioned. So I don’t see the problem. I asked if the girl can re enter because of her stunning looks
yellowyam1

Postby life » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:22 am

Can you post the link to that YouTube video. I wanna know who that girl is.
life

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:07 am

yellowyam1

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:10 am

yellowyam1

Postby ritikapal » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:22 am

Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

You are talking about Manya Singh. And first thing first she did not compete in Miss India Universe rather Femina Miss India, the winner of which goes to Miss World and MGI. The top two winners are very deserving and were always pageant expert and crowd favourite. While I personally appreciate Manaya's story, things don't add up in her story which many of us who have followed the pageant closely have observed.

Coming to your question, can she recompete. Possibly, yes, but she should not, she's more popular than the winner (which is true), but she isn't made for international pageants. Her story pushed her as one of the top 3 winners and that's how it should be, the stronger girls are going for MW & MGI respectively. And as far as skin color is concerned, we have had dark coloured winners, many actually, but people don't acknowledge that, Adline's (Miss India Universe 2020) has brought a new dimension to Miss Diva and she will surely make us proud. What Adline has shown is that to participate in a pageant you need to study the pageant well, something both she and Aavriti (Miss Supranational India 2020) have done. So, going forward we can expect a great batch for Miss Diva, considering the pageant will now move to an earlier date like the previous editions.

Miss India is more popular hence we get better gals, but, with the insistence of the org more and more girls are able to understand the ask for Diva and henceforth we can expect great girls, especially, in the next edition.
ritikapal

Real Life Name/Nick: Ritika
Date of Birth: 29 Oct 1992
Profession: Working
Hobbies/Interests: Reading

Postby yellowyam1 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:02 pm

ritikapal wrote:Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

You are talking about Manya Singh. And first thing first she did not compete in Miss India Universe rather Femina Miss India, the winner of which goes to Miss World and MGI. The top two winners are very deserving and were always pageant expert and crowd favourite. While I personally appreciate Manaya's story, things don't add up in her story which many of us who have followed the pageant closely have observed.

Coming to your question, can she recompete. Possibly, yes, but she should not, she's more popular than the winner (which is true), but she isn't made for international pageants. Her story pushed her as one of the top 3 winners and that's how it should be, the stronger girls are going for MW & MGI respectively. And as far as skin color is concerned, we have had dark coloured winners, many actually, but people don't acknowledge that, Adline's (Miss India Universe 2020) has brought a new dimension to Miss Diva and she will surely make us proud. What Adline has shown is that to participate in a pageant you need to study the pageant well, something both she and Aavriti (Miss Supranational India 2020) have done. So, going forward we can expect a great batch for Miss Diva, considering the pageant will now move to an earlier date like the previous editions.

Miss India is more popular hence we get better gals, but, with the insistence of the org more and more girls are able to understand the ask for Diva and henceforth we can expect great girls, especially, in the next edition.

Thanks for the response and thanks for being respectful
yellowyam1

Postby life » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:47 pm

yellowyam1 wrote:
ritikapal wrote:Saw a video on YouTube about one of the miss Indias that competed at miss India universe, she didn’t win but she place I think one of the runner ups and her story was truly amazing. She was poor and ran away from home and made it to miss India universe and made her parents so proud. She was one of the darker girls. Her story had me crying and cheering her on. I don’t live in India so I don’t know how true this is but some were saying that she is more popular than the actual winner. She is such a stunner and so IMG background story does anyone knows if she can compete again next year ???

Thanks for the response and thanks for being respectful

Oh, I absolutely like this girl. I don't know how genuine her story is. But even without a story, she's just so stunning. In my view, she should try for Miss Universe India later. I love that she spoke in her language during the Femina Q&A round. For a change, I would love to see an Indian speaking her native tongue at Miss Universe and using an interpreter. It would be so cool ! I don't remember any Miss India who answered in her own language at an international pageant.
life

Next

Return to Miss Universe