Will a Teen win Miss Universe again?

Will a Teen win Miss Universe again?

Postby stuff » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:04 pm

In early years of Miss Universe teens had been winning a lot. Armi Kuusela and Christiane Martel were 17 when they won. Gloria Diaz was 18 when she won.

I guess during those times there is a huge preference of Youth over experience. The last few winners had been from women on pushing mid 20s and even late 20s doing better. Why do you think 18 to 19 years olds cannot win anymore?

Miss Universe age limit is now 28 and I heard they are even considering to make it older.

Why do you think older women does better these days?

stuff
Dark green members are SEMI-ACTIVE posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: stuff
Date of Birth: 27 Jun 1985
Profession: robber
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: watching

Re: Will a Teen win Miss Universe again?

Postby esperasave » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:16 pm

stuff wrote:In early years of Miss Universe teens had been winning a lot. Armi Kuusela and Christiane Martel were 17 when they won. Gloria Diaz was 18 when she won.

I guess during those times there is a huge preference of Youth over experience. The last few winners had been from women on pushing mid 20s and even late 20s doing better. Why do you think 18 to 19 years olds cannot win anymore?

Miss Universe age limit is now 28 and I heard they are even considering to make it older.

Why do you think older women does better these days?

Miss Universe is a job. You need to be qualified with your portfolio to be outstanding among the rest. They can win if the candidate knows how to handle themselves infront of so many people publicly and socially.
esperasave
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: medical
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:32 pm

I read somewhere that Miss International has now raised the age limit to 30 years old. I welcome that development. I hope the other big-4 pageants follow suit. I like mature women to be title holders because maturity will give some credibility to the title they hold. I can't imagine an 18-year olds giving speeches to people and talking about women empowerment, leadership ek ek and the audience listening are mature women or professional women.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:53 pm

Demi Leigh was the youngest Miss Universe winner in the IMG era at age 22. Stefania is the last "teen" Miss Universe winner in the final years of Trump era. Olivia Culpo is the last Miss Universe winner below the legal adult age/age of majority in the US (21 years old).
Last edited by ajsy0203 on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:53 am

Geeyourhair wrote:I read somewhere that Miss International has now raised the age limit to 30 years old. I welcome that development. I hope the other big-4 pageants follow suit. I like mature women to be title holders because maturity will give some credibility to the title they hold. I can't imagine an 18-year olds giving speeches to people and talking about women empowerment, leadership ek ek and the audience listening are mature women or professional women.

NO WAY! 30??? Who said that?
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI
ADMINS are OFFICIAL staffers of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 am

'WAG UMASA. PURO MGA MASHONDA ANG SUMALI NGAYON SA MISS UNIVERSE.

TRANSLATION: EXPECT AN AUNTIE TO WIN MISS UNIVERSE 2020.
=;)) >:)
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby aldoteng » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:30 am

Check out the winners since 2000.

Oldest batch of winners:
Pia (26) - known for being extremely charismatic, likeable, and never-say-die
Zozibini (26) - absolutely slaying it in public speaking
Leila (25) - seems pretty dull, odd one out here
Gabriela (25) - best-praised by Paula Shugart as a professional
Oxana (24) - felt abused by MUO and had the guts to tell them to f**k themselves
Iris (24) - seems generally likeable
Catriona (24) - super strong in speaking and charisma

Meanwhile the youngest batch of winners:
Amelia (18) - hated by her batch for being a bitch
Zuleyka (18) - I don't know if her bitchy reputation is real or due to anti-PuertoRican fans, but she did seem bitchy in 2007.
Stefania (18) - okay I guess
Denise (20) - seems mature and professional, odd one out here
Jennifer (20) - known much more for physical beauty than anything else
Riyo (20) - although I like her I'm not aware if she had any particular reputation in being mature or professional
Olivia (20) - won over Janine with a face to die for, then next few years kept trying to go showbiz with some weird career choices
aldoteng
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.
INTERMEDIATES are EVOLVING posters.

Real Life Name/Nick: aldoteng
Date of Birth: 20 Jan 2008
Profession: Trading
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Singing in the shower

Postby Geeyourhair » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:56 pm

XAMURAI wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:I read somewhere that Miss International has now raised the age limit to 30 years old. I welcome that development. I hope the other big-4 pageants follow suit. I like mature women to be title holders because maturity will give some credibility to the title they hold. I can't imagine an 18-year olds giving speeches to people and talking about women empowerment, leadership ek ek and the audience listening are mature women or professional women.

NO WAY! 30??? Who said that?

So it means it is not true? I read it from Angelopedia I guess. They have an article about Miss International or they mentioned Miss International on one of the articles there that I read. And it says that Miss International is changing the age limit from 27 to 30.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby mrgary » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:51 pm

The 18-year olds in the '50s, '60s, '70s and even in the '80s were more emotionally and mentally matured than the majority of teenagers these days. Perhaps, it was because of the fact that back in the day, most mothers were left in the house to raise the children while the fathers were the sole breadwinners for the family. In these day and age, both parents have to work in order to make ends meet. On top of these, technological gadgets make a lot of teenagers glued to their phones, tablets, etc constantly these days that they forget to perform their simple household duties or chores. Also, back in the day, children were allowed to play outside with neighbour's kids. We learnt from our mistakes back then through trial-and-error and self-discoveries. Nowadays, despite the overwhelming mentorship that we provide for our teenagers, a lot of them still do not know how to think outside the box, or deal with a problem in many different ways. Sad, really. This is the reason why a lot of 21-year olds these days still think like high-schoolers during my time.
mrgary
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 15 May 1969
Profession: Businessman
Hobbies/Interests: Piano-playing, Blogging, Traveling

Postby JoelR » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:21 pm

aldoteng wrote:Check out the winners since 2000.

Oldest batch of winners:
Pia (26) - known for being extremely charismatic, likeable, and never-say-die
Zozibini (26) - absolutely slaying it in public speaking
Leila (25) - seems pretty dull, odd one out here
Gabriela (25) - best-praised by Paula Shugart as a professional
Oxana (24) - felt abused by MUO and had the guts to tell them to f**k themselves
Iris (24) - seems generally likeable
Catriona (24) - super strong in speaking and charisma

Meanwhile the youngest batch of winners:
Amelia (18) - hated by her batch for being a bitch
Zuleyka (18) - I don't know if her bitchy reputation is real or due to anti-PuertoRican fans, but she did seem bitchy in 2007.
Stefania (18) - okay I guess
Denise (20) - seems mature and professional, odd one out here
Jennifer (20) - known much more for physical beauty than anything else
Riyo (20) - although I like her I'm not aware if she had any particular reputation in being mature or professional
Olivia (20) - won over Janine with a face to die for, then next few years kept trying to go showbiz with some weird career choices

Amelia wasn't hated. I saw a video years ago of her getting congratulated by all the girls. Susie and Shandi have never spoken ill about her. And we know how candid they are. Stefani is said to be a classy queen. She worked hard during her year. Zuelyka was probably coming off bitchy from all the drama her roommates were causing. Who knows how it was like for her to live in the apartment with the other two title holders and their problems.
JoelR

Date of Birth: 21 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: culinary arts
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Painting

Postby Kakak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:52 am

I wish among these ladies to be the winner, only because they're my personal favorites and of biased reason. Not sure if any of them is a teen though.

India- Adline
Cambodia- Sarita
Australia- Maria
Venezuela- Mariangel
Malaysia -Francisca
Kakak
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 13 Aug 1979
Profession: tukang karut
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Goat
Hobbies/Interests: mengarut

Postby hauteegirl » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:35 am

Kakak wrote:I wish among these ladies to be the winner, only because they're my personal favorites and of biased reason. Not sure if any of them is a teen though.

India- Adline
Cambodia- Sarita
Australia- Maria
Venezuela- Mariangel
Malaysia -Francisca

India - strong chance
Cambodia - just hype
Australia - not a chance
Venezuela - no but most likely Top 10
Malaysia sent the weakest rep facially in Malaysian history.... well, not sure about the whole history but in recent years.
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Kakak » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 am

hauteegirl wrote:
Kakak wrote:I wish among these ladies to be the winner, only because they're my personal favorites and of biased reason. Not sure if any of them is a teen though.

India- Adline
Cambodia- Sarita
Australia- Maria
Venezuela- Mariangel
Malaysia -Francisca

India - strong chance
Cambodia - just hype
Australia - not a chance
Malaysia sent the weakest rep facially in Malaysian history.... well, not sure about the whole history but in recent years.

Like I said they're just my personal favorites because for some reason I find them truly adorable and and have pleasant personality, and I included Malaysia coz I'm Malaysian and I think Francisca is one beautiful full-blooded indigenous girl and she's a talented model. No need to get triggered just because I don't fancy your girl.

When we sent Kim Leggett a Filipino misso member said we were like cheating, a Latino member said she was Latina-wannabe...when we sent Chinese and Indians you people said our rep. were uninteresting. Gosh! You can't compare Francisca to the Asians who got their good looks from mixed-race parentage and err..boob job. This is the first time we sent a Dayak girl to Miss Universe in both Malaysia's and MUO's history, and correct me if i'm wrong but even Indonesia haven't though they have larger part of Borneo. If Francisca didn't place I'm satisfied hyping her. There's other facially average girls of this edition but hyped as potential winner!
Kakak

Postby stuff » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:11 am

@Kakak All of them are on their 20s

@aldoteng Riyo Mori's full reign was documented on the reality tv Pageant Place. The Miss USA and Miss Teen USA she lives with are cunts while she is drama free. Trump did call her very pure and innocent. She never fought anyone from that reality show. The show was a hit but Season 2 never materializes. Diana Mendoza's reign would have been season 2.
stuff

Postby hauteegirl » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Kakak wrote:
hauteegirl wrote:

India- Adline
Cambodia- Sarita
Australia- Maria
Venezuela- Mariangel
Malaysia -Francisca

India - strong chance
Cambodia - just hype
Australia - not a chance

Like I said they're just my personal favorites because for some reason I find them truly adorable and and have pleasant personality, and I included Malaysia coz I'm Malaysian and I think Francisca is one beautiful full-blooded indigenous girl and she's a talented model. No need to get triggered just because I don't fancy your girl.

When we sent Kim Leggett a Filipino misso member said we were like cheating, a Latino member said she was Latina-wannabe...when we sent Chinese and Indians you people said our rep. were uninteresting. Gosh! You can't compare Francisca to the Asians who got their good looks from mixed-race parentage and err..boob job. This is the first time we sent a Dayak girl to Miss Universe in both Malaysia's and MUO's history, and correct me if i'm wrong but even Indonesia haven't though they have larger part of Borneo. If Francisca didn't place I'm satisfied hyping her. There's other facially average girls of this edition but hyped as potential winner!

There's other facially average girls of this edition but hyped as potential winner

Since you highlight this sentence this is all i can say to you. I didnt react on your post just because you didnt include my girl. You think I care about what you say? Are you gonna be the judge in Miss Universe? If you are then I'll worry about it but you're not. These girls were hyped by not their own people but no one is hyping your girl except you. I think that's the difference here. On instagram, latin pages were only talking about Thailand, Philippines and making Indonesia as the 3rd laughingstock but I dont see latin pages talking about Malaysia.

Dont get your panties in a bunch. Im just telling you what i see on her. It's got nothing to do with being mix or indigenous whatever. There are goodlooking individuals in any race, ethnicities or nationalities. FYI, I live in US for decades and just because you're white or mixed means you passed all the time as good looking. NOPE! That's not the case. And funny that you would even care about what people say about your rep. Just remember this, everyone has got to say whether it may be good or bad but at the end of the day what matters most is if you placed or win the pageant.
hauteegirl

Real Life Name/Nick: Queen
Date of Birth: 14 Jan 2008
Profession: beauty queen
Hobbies/Interests: exotic plants hobbyist

Postby Oma-san » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 pm

Pre-trump era, it's probable girls lied about their age. Take Miss India 1984 Juhi Chawla for example who claims she was born in 1968 putting her at 16 when she competed in the competition. Or even Priyanka Chopra who was 17 when she won Miss India II in 2000. Girls married early those years and didn't look young for long. But I don't think there were a lot of 18 year olds winning the pageant back then.

As for the Trump era, you know why most of the winners were so young. Just 18 year olds. If it wasn't Trump's fetishes I don't know what else it is. High society men always have a preference for young women. Not necessarily sexual but it's the image they'd like to go with for their organization.
Oma-san

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Postby XAMURAI » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:33 am

Oma-san wrote:Pre-trump era, it's probable girls lied about their age. Take Miss India 1984 Juhi Chawla for example who claims she was born in 1968 putting her at 16 when she competed in the competition. Or even Priyanka Chopra who was 17 when she won Miss India II in 2000. Girls married early those years and didn't look young for long. But I don't think there were a lot of 18 year olds winning the pageant back then.

As for the Trump era, you know why most of the winners were so young. Just 18 year olds. If it wasn't Trump's fetishes I don't know what else it is. High society men always have a preference for young women. Not necessarily sexual but it's the image they'd like to go with for their organization.

In case you forgot, Trump started with Alicia and he had a bad experience with her. Young, fresh, but had personal issues of self-entitlement.

So for the next two years, Miss Universe crowned women who were 25 and above... Brooke (27) and Wendy (26).. The only time it happened again was in 2013 when Gabriela Isler won at the age of 25.

There were years when the teenagers are more appealing for the brand image, but there were also times when they wanted a mature representative. So, I think it's ridiculous to conclude that Trump chose the winners who are teenagers to feed his fetish. Both teenage and mature women could pose an issue against Trump.
My Interview for GMA Western Visayas

[youtube]0UHn679-4P4[/youtube]
XAMURAI

Real Life Name/Nick: XAMURAI
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1979
Profession: Company Employee and Entrepreneur
Hobbies/Interests: Basketball and Camping

Postby Kakak » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:19 am

To answer the thread's question, I say the winner will not be a teen. I'm still feeling miss India Adline Castellino is the fittest to win 2020's crown. I don't find anything unlikable or boring about her.
Kakak

Postby stuff » Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:20 pm

all the fan favorites are women on their early to mid 20s.
stuff

Return to Miss Universe