Will 69th Miss Universe fall below 70 candidates since 1988?

Will 69th Miss Universe fall below 70 candidates since 1988?

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:20 pm

The last time Miss Universe was threaten to fall below 70 candidates was in 2015 at the height of Latin American boycott of the pageant because their full support from Lupita Jones' protest against Donald Trump's "racist" speech about immigration issues. But it was stopped thru the intervention of IMG as they took over MUO from Trump.

Now the deadline of submitting the potential candidates is just 23 days away and some of the countries are still not yet announced their appointed candidates aside from late national pageants being held. Do you think this will be the first edition to fall below 70 candidates since 1988 or fall below 80 candidates since 2007 due to pandemic?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: Will 69th Miss Universe fall below 70 candidates since 1

Postby The Duchess » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:49 am

Probably
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby macwendy » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:59 am

I bet shy of 80 if they hold it in the first quarter--- which they should not do---too dangerous here now!
macwendy
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: matt
Date of Birth: 21 Oct 1968
Profession: md
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: movies

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:11 am

FEW CANDIDATES, MORE CHANCES OF WINNING =;))
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:58 am

Probably, especially if they will rush the two editions of the next calendar year.
No more bashers in 2022, please.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbYUDqSC1UM
Mariana Erwin
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Date of Birth: 05 Apr 1988
Profession: ***********
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Hobbies/Interests: Pageantry
Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:01 am

I would love to see them at Graceland but I don't think the venue can afford it and it would be harder unless they use an outdoor venue like an arena.

Also, watch Dani Walker's video to know more on how bashers can kill with their words.

Mariana Erwin

Message: Hello and welcome! Commenting on things in pageantry and critical of pageant issues.

Postby Philippinesupporter1998 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:08 am

In my personal opinion, I think they should have cancelled this year's edition altogether.

It's not worth holding an international pageant under the conditions that we're still living in a life-changing pandemic.
"To the Filipino haters and the pretentious trolls of Missosology, kisses!" - PhS1998
Philippinesupporter1998

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2001
Profession: unemployed
Hobbies/Interests: None at all

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:41 am

Philippinesupporter1998 wrote:
In my personal opinion, I think they should have cancelled this year's edition altogether.

It's not worth holding an international pageant under the conditions that we're still living in a life-changing pandemic.
I think they just want to have a titleholder for 2020, with no gaps between editions like Miss World and its local rival, Miss America. They can simply appoint a girl from the 2020 queens (e.g. Rabiya, Asya, etc.) but I guess that they want to be able to do it successfully like Miss USA.

Mariana Erwin

Postby The Duchess » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:17 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:

I think they just want to have a titleholder for 2020, with no gaps between editions like Miss World and its local rival, Miss America. They can simply appoint a girl from the 2020 queens (e.g. Rabiya, Asya, etc.) but I guess that they want to be able to do it successfully like Miss USA.

I think MUO is being incredibly unrealistic. And I am not saying this because I want Madison crowned or because I don't want certain 2020 queens crowned, this is all bigger than that. But I said from the beginning that the Miss Universe 2020 should not happen and I even listed the reasons and I am being proven right, because the longer they wait to do it the result will be worse. They will rush, the 2020 will have the shortest reign because you know the TV channels don't like doing editions out of the year of the title and most importantly IT'S NOT SAFE.

Problem is IMG is pretty screwed economically and cannot afford to do any of the suggestions I posted, it cannot afford not doing a physical pageant and it cannot afford to crown a 2020 queen (whether its Madison or any other girl) unless Zozibini is okay with leaving. They probably don't want to leave her in a 2 year reign because it means during all this time Zozibini cannot do the majority of the deals I am sure she has been offered since she got crowned. She is basically stuck away from her family and country spending a deadly pandemic in a place she doesn't really know, I actually feel incredibly bad for her and I applaud she has stayed for so long. The US is not getting better at handlining COVID, the Visa situation is more complicated than usual, and we don't even know if there will be more lockdowns cause the vaccine is not coming to our portion of the population by February.

And I'm sorry I don't agree with these girls trying to go into their dream of representing their country and doing all these things candidates do every year and realizing their pageant will be a 5 day affair with no activities, seclution and a reign quarantined in an apartment.

That's why World, Supra, International and Charm won't do pageants. Miss America already crowned their 2020 Queen before the pandemic so its not the same thing.

The least the world of pageantry needs in the court of public opinion is a COVID outbreak because YOU KNOW that will make the news and the extremists will say "well they are tone-deaf and superficial, are you really surprised coming from a pageant"
The Duchess

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:47 am

The Duchess wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

I think MUO is being incredibly unrealistic. And I am not saying this because I want Madison crowned or because I don't want certain 2020 queens crowned, this is all bigger than that. But I said from the beginning that the Miss Universe 2020 should not happen and I even listed the reasons and I am being proven right, because the longer they wait to do it the result will be worse. They will rush, the 2020 will have the shortest reign because you know the TV channels don't like doing editions out of the year of the title and most importantly IT'S NOT SAFE.

Problem is IMG is pretty screwed economically and cannot afford to do any of the suggestions I posted, it cannot afford not doing a physical pageant and it cannot afford to crown a 2020 queen (whether its Madison or any other girl) unless Zozibini is okay with leaving. They probably don't want to leave her in a 2 year reign because it means during all this time Zozibini cannot do the majority of the deals I am sure she has been offered since she got crowned. She is basically stuck away from her family and country spending a deadly pandemic in a place she doesn't really know, I actually feel incredibly bad for her and I applaud she has stayed for so long. The US is not getting better at handlining COVID, the Visa situation is more complicated than usual, and we don't even know if there will be more lockdowns cause the vaccine is not coming to our portion of the population by February.

And I'm sorry I don't agree with these girls trying to go into their dream of representing their country and doing all these things candidates do every year and realizing their pageant will be a 5 day affair with no activities, seclution and a reign quarantined in an apartment.

That's why World, Supra, International and Charm won't do pageants. Miss America already crowned their 2020 Queen before the pandemic so its not the same thing.

The least the world of pageantry needs in the court of public opinion is a COVID outbreak because YOU KNOW that will make the news and the extremists will say "well they are tone-deaf and superficial, are you really surprised coming from a pageant"
Well, I will just have to respect your opinion on this issue, although I would really be in favor of the girls right now who don't want to leave empty-handed or be ''ceremonial queens''. The least they could do is make two queens reign and they both crown the 2022 queen together, but I don't think the MUO wants that either. In this manner, I would leave it up to IMG and the girls themselves, since they are the delegates who want to compete.

Mariana Erwin

Postby The Duchess » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:27 am

Mariana Erwin wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
Mariana Erwin wrote:

Well, I will just have to respect your opinion on this issue, although I would really be in favor of the girls right now who don't want to leave empty-handed or be ''ceremonial queens''. The least they could do is make two queens reign and they both crown the 2022 queen together, but I don't think the MUO wants that either. In this manner, I would leave it up to IMG and the girls themselves, since they are the delegates who want to compete.

I suggested a two queen reign but they cant afford two payrolls

Problem is that unless we can make sure all of those involve quarantine before and after the pageant, which is imposible, we could be putting a lot of people in a lot of countries in danger. That's the problem with gatherings.
The Duchess

Postby iamchelsea » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:42 am

I think this year must hold its finals in a safe country (Thailand and some Asian countries are kinda safe now from COVID). If they can't they must be able to afford a bubble production, or something.. something similar done in NBA, or Big Brother where contestants stay in one building only.
iamchelsea
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.
ANGELS are the nicest persons of the forum.

Real Life Name/Nick: CHELSEA
Date of Birth: 09 Apr 1998
Profession: Student
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Earth, Miss USA, Miss Universe

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:55 am

Threat? Who gets the threat? The gullible? The sun will rise still in the east each morning even without Ms Universe being staged anytime within the year. It's not as if the world economy will cease to function without featuring Ms. Universe in the 2020 calendar.
Last edited by beautywatchnyc on Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
beautywatchnyc
VIP MEMBERS are REAL LIFE candidates or PAGEANT ORGANIZERS.

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:50 am

iamchelsea wrote:I think this year must hold its finals in a safe country (Thailand and some Asian countries are kinda safe now from COVID). If they can't they must be able to afford a bubble production, or something.. something similar done in NBA, or Big Brother where contestants stay in one building only.
To be honest, I would rather see that instead of inviting people to watch in person during this crazy situation - that was and is the case for Miss Universe Philippines and Miss France.

Mariana Erwin

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 am

iamchelsea wrote:I think this year must hold its finals in a safe country (Thailand and some Asian countries are kinda safe now from COVID). If they can't they must be able to afford a bubble production, or something.. something similar done in NBA, or Big Brother where contestants stay in one building only.

Technically Graceland is Miss USA & Miss Teen USA Bubble.
ajsy0203

Postby esperasave » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:49 am

The show must go on, rain or shine, for poorer or for richness, by hooks and by crooks, through thick or thin.
esperasave

Real Life Name/Nick: esperas
Date of Birth: 30 Aug 1973
Profession: medical
Chinese Zodiac: Ox
Hobbies/Interests: internet surfing
Message: Keep believing in the power of beauty in the human person

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:05 pm

Miss USA 2020 will compete at Miss Universe 2021 is just like Miss Virginia 2019 won Miss America 2020?
ajsy0203

Postby ajsy0203 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:16 pm

Discussion: If The Miss Globe, Miss Eco Teen and some minor international pageants successfully held their face to face pageants (even without physical distancing or mask), so Miss Universe has no right to hold face to face pageant even if with safety protocols by early 2021?

Miss Earth was able to pull a successful virtual pageant with 80+ candidates.

Note: MGI was a different case, two factors forced the pageant to move in 2021: Venezuela backed out of hosting duties and current Thai pro-democracy protests despite they have low COVID-19 cases.
ajsy0203

Postby Geeyourhair » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

I personally want Miss Universe to ultimately cancel the 2020 edition. Technically, they are not doing the pageant in 2020 so why not go directly to 2021 with this difficult situation? They should just save their resources for 2020 and mount the 2021 edition with a bang---better, bigger, and more fabulous.
Geeyourhair
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby beautywatchnyc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:24 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:Discussion: If The Miss Globe, Miss Eco Teen and some minor international pageants successfully held their face to face pageants (even without physical distancing or mask), so Miss Universe has no right to hold face to face pageant even if with safety protocols by early 2021?

Note: MGI was a different case, two factors forced the pageant to move in 2021: Venezuela backed out of hosting duties and current Thai pro-democracy protests despite they have low COVID-19 cases.

ajsy0203 do not oversimplify issues. it's not a matter of right. it's more a matter of precaution. MsU to follow the lead as taken by the minor pageants? How shallow could that be.
beautywatchnyc

Location: New York City (former) now residing in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, SW5
Real Life Name/Nick: david
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: HR Consultancy, Professional Cooking
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: Surfing D Net Cooking Travel Reading Pho2graphy

Postby Mariana Erwin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:33 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:Miss USA 2020 will compete at Miss Universe 2021 is just like Miss Virginia 2019 won Miss America 2020?
The thing is, there are already 2 candidates for Miss USA 2021- I don’t think the MUO would deny Asya the chance to even compete (although I know why fans don’t like her). At this moment, the MUO could either crown two queens or rush the girl’s reigns, and I think they are headed with the second option.

Mariana Erwin

Postby The Duchess » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:16 am

ajsy0203 wrote:Discussion: If The Miss Globe, Miss Eco Teen and some minor international pageants successfully held their face to face pageants (even without physical distancing or mask), so Miss Universe has no right to hold face to face pageant even if with safety protocols by early 2021?

It's not a matter of right or justice. Bring me similar situations not a virtual pageant IMG can't afford or pageants held in Albania or Egypt where is not even close to the same situation as the US.

It's not safe for the Miss Universe pageant to hold a pageant in the US, where it can afford to hold it, in the middle of a pandemic. They should be honest and admit this is a pageant driven entirely by the necessity of IMG and MUO to stay afloat and it will do so regardless of safety or public opinion.

In Puerto Rico there's a saying that roughly translates to "Either you do things correctly, or you don't do them at all"
The Duchess

Postby esperasave » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:10 am

The Duchess wrote:

It's not a matter of right or justice. Bring me similar situations not a virtual pageant IMG can't afford or pageants held in Albania or Egypt where is not even close to the same situation as the US.

It's not safe for the Miss Universe pageant to hold a pageant in the US, where it can afford to hold it, in the middle of a pandemic. They should be honest and admit this is a pageant driven entirely by the necessity of IMG and MUO to stay afloat and it will do so regardless of safety or public opinion.

In Puerto Rico there's a saying that roughly translates to "Either you do things correctly, or you don't do them at all"

Yes, the show must go on either rain or shine, through thick and thin, in sickness or in health, for poorer or for richness, from dusk to dawn.
esperasave

Postby The Duchess » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:39 am

esperasave wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Yes, the show must go on either rain or shine, through thick and thin, in sickness or in health, for poorer or for richness, from dusk to dawn.

This is not a wedding but a beauty pageant, not a marriage but a matter of health and security. Save me the romanticism.
The Duchess

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:06 am

Latest: Ukraine already appointed their delegate. Maybe in the coming days we might see more countries will announce their appointed delegate.
ajsy0203

Postby esperasave » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:57 am

The Duchess wrote:
esperasave wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

This is not a wedding but a beauty pageant, not a marriage but a matter of health and security. Save me the romanticism.

Miss Universe is happening on February 14 next year, the day for the lovers.
esperasave

Postby The Duchess » Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:44 pm

esperasave wrote:
The Duchess wrote:
esperasave wrote:
The Duchess wrote:

Miss Universe is happening on February 14 next year, the day for the lovers.

Not because you can doesn't mean you should =;)) day of the lovers
The Duchess

Return to Miss Universe