Miss Universe 2019 | Juan Sebastian's FEARLESS Final Top 20

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:48 am

What's up Missosology? I was debating even putting out a list this year because of the very short gap between prelims and finals meaning that I do not have much time, and given the fact that I did not watch the entire preliminary competition as I did not want to pay. Furthermore, it is a tricky year as the quality of girls is not as high as last year. But I did see enough on social media and youtube to make a list and that along with the pre-pageant activities have been very telling. This batch is not the greatest I am rushing this so sorry if my commentary is not perfect and a lot of my choices/placements are very bold, but I wanted to get it out. So I am going to make this quick, without further ado, here are my final Miss Universe 2019 hot picks, a balance of both personal opinion and predictions!

Alternates

- Aruba She was solid but nothing special either
- Australia She seems very accomplished, but her performance was lackluster. However she might have had an incredible interview.
- Bangladesh 50/50 about her wearing the pants in swimsuit, but she was a bit underwhelming. She still could make it.
- Barbados I am not really sold, but I have seen her name floating around a bit + she has a nice bio so I could see her making it.
- Bolivia She has stood out in the pre pageant activities
- Canada Only because she seems very polarizing, I bet she had a very interesting interview.
- Dominican Republic Beautiful but underwhelming and strange gown choice.
- Haiti Facially very beautiful, striking and has pageant experience
- Iceland Sweet face, nice story, but forgettable performance
- Japan Great performance but maybe a little too modelesque
- Nepal Accomplished but that's it
- Netherlands Olivia Jordan vibes
- Panama Counting her out because of her controversy with Dominican Republic but she has looked very beautiful, I have to give her that
- Portugal I think she's gorgeous, Marine Lorphelin vibes, could sneak in for Europe
- Sierra Leone beautiful gown performance
- Slovak Republic Very experienced, confident and solid performance.
- Spain doll face but very boring performance, still in the top tier for Europe
- Uruguay she is one of Osmel's girls and has a nice personality/is a good speaker, but her styling has been really strange and I do not understand her transformation. Maybe he is losing his touch
- Venezuela Venezuela is Venezuela after all so I cannot fully count her out but I do not think she performed strong enough to make the Top 20. She had a nice walk, but that was it. Very underwhelming styling and very low energy. Disappointing and should not have been chosen.

Top 20

Singapore - Mohana Prabha (Wild Cards)

My dark horse of the year. I did not see her full prelim performance but I thought she did a solid job in evening gown. I am obsessed with her look + the fact that she has been trained by Pia Wurtzbach's trainer is huge. I think she could sneak into the Top 20.

Belgium - Angeline Flor Pua (Europe)

She placed at Miss World, I think she will place at Miss Universe too. She comes across as very relatable in her social media posts and I think she did a solid job in both swimsuit and evening gown.

Croatia - Mia Rkman (Europe)

One of the most beautiful faces this year, has a great bio and picked a really daring gown which I loved. She has a warmth about her too and I think she should snag one of Europe's spots after prelims.

Indonesia - Frederika Alexis Cull (Africa & Asia Pacific)

Still not a fan of her nor her transformation, still think she is trying to be a Nia Sanchez copycat, but this is not a strong year and she did well enough to make the cut. I still do not see what everyone else sees but she will definitely be up there.

India - Vartika Singh (Wild Cards/Fan Vote Winner)

She has a gorgeous face, but I was slightly underwhelmed from what I saw in prelims. If Nehal could not place last year, I have obvious reservations about Vartika placing this year, but it is nowhere near impossible and she seems to have a solid fan base so I think she can get in.

Peru - Kelin Rivera (Wild Cards)

Girl can walk so well, I am very impressed with her preliminary performance! She has pageant experience and it shows. I am not over the moon with her but she did a very nice job and definitely enough to make the cut.

Albania - Cindy Marina (Europe)

I think Cindy left a lot to be desired in the preliminary competition especially with that god awful gown choice, but she is so well-spoken and her biggest strength is in front of the microphone. That along with her facial beauty and maybe some help from Fadil should get her a spot in the Top 20.

Chile - Geraldine González (Wild Cards)

I think Geraldine did not shine how a lot of people expected her to in the concentration, but she still has everything it takes to place. She has a great bio and a great walk, I would have chosen a different gown but she still did a solid job in the preliminaries.

Ireland - Fionnghuala O'Reilly (Europe)

I was very underwhelmed by Fionnghuala's preliminary performance, especially since she has been one of my heavy favorites and I have seen her potential. She is very IMG and I have no doubt killed the interview so I have not lost hope. She should change her gown for the finale!

Mexico - Sofia Aragón (The Americas)

Sofía was one of the stars of the preliminary competition, especially having her walk interrupted by the sweep, she was not phased at all. I was a little worried because Lupita has completely lost her mind and touch the past few years but she did a very good job, chose a great gown, has a great story and is very empowered. I think she will definitely place and has the capacity to go way further than this tomorrow night!

Top 10

Thailand - Paweensuda Drouin (Africa & Asia Pacific)

The biggest disappointment. Paweensuda got easily overshadowed by the other girls in concentration and the preliminary competition. Her performance last night was not bad by any means, it just seemed like she did not want to be there. She will definitely still place as she has a massive fan base and has amazing oratory. There is still a part of me that feels like she is going to peak when it matters and will pull out all the tricks during the telecast and end up winning, but her performance so far is not of a Miss Universe.

Vietnam - Thuy Hoang (Africa & Asia Pacific)

Thuy has always floated a little under the radar for me, behind girls like Philippines and Thailand until the preliminary competition. I always knew that she was prepared very well and has a great story but she was styled to her perfection. Her gown was very sexy but she was one of the only girls to take a risk with their gown which I really respect. She has the capacity to win the entire pageant and if not this year, I expect Vietnam to have their first Miss Universe sometime in the next five years.

USA - Cheslie Kryst (The Americas)

Cheslie’s biggest strength is that when she speaks, when she walks, and how she presents herself, everything comes across as so effortless. She has clearly spent a lot of time in the gym and most Miss USAs I feel like just give up and do not want to be Miss Universe and you can tell that Cheslie has been working her ass off to become Miss Universe. The only criticism I have of her performance is that I did not like the color of her gown on her and I would have gone with something that pops a little more.

South Africa - Zozibini Tunzi (Africa & Asia Pacific)

The most underrated girl this year. Zozibini may not be the most accomplished and may not have the perfect body, but girl can talk! She may not be as hyped as Demi or Tamaryn but I have no doubt that she made huge waves in her interview. She has one of the edgiest looks this year and I love the fact that she does not look like a stereotypical beauty queen. She has what it takes to win!

Brazil - Julia Horta (The Americas)

What Julia embodies is exactly what IMG is looking for. She is a fantastic speaker even given the opportunity to have her own TED Talk and uses her social media platform for good. She prides herself on being a feminist and women’s empowerment is what her brand is all about which the jury will eat up. However, I felt she played it a little safe in prelims and I think the hair could have been better, but it was enough to make Top 20. She may be using the same exact strategy that Demi and Catriona used, by saving the best for last.

Top 5

Philippines - Gazini Ganados (Africa & Asia Pacific)

I think Gazini is one of the most facially beautiful girls this year and is clearly the strongest from Asia. Her walk is perfectly suited for HER and makes her body look perfect. My biggest concern about Gazini was her oratory, however it seems like she has improved TREMENDOUSLY. Her social work and hearing that she was recognized by the UN shows that she is way more than a pretty face and that will carry her far in the competition.

Puerto Rico - Madison Anderson (The Americas)

The star of the preliminary competition. What I love most about Madison is that whenever she speaks, she comes across as such a warm and welcoming person which is exactly what IMG is looking for. Every year after Thailand has hosted Miss Universe so far, Puerto Rico has won the crown and I think the chances of that pattern continuing this year are very high.

Top 3

2nd Runner-Up
Kenya - Stacy Michuki (Wild Cards)

This is a risky placement but I would not put her here if I did not think it was possible. Stacy has the face of the pageant, and her preliminary performance was fantastic. But what worries me is she is very young and I do not know how she interviews (I have heard her speak a little but not enough to make a fair assessment). Nonetheless, she has been featured a lot by the MUO and I think she is even strong enough to pull off a surprise win. After all it was exactly 20 years ago when Mpule Kwelagobe did the same.

1st Runner-Up
France - Maëva Coucke (Europe)

I have not always been a fan of Maëva but she came to Miss Universe for redemption from her MW stint and I think she got it. I love the new short hair, her body has improved tremendously and she seems much more charismatic. Even with her fall, she did a fantastic job in the preliminary competition, has an excellent walk and one of the best gowns. Furthermore, the fact that she was not phased by her fall shows that she is confidently beautiful and that is something I do not think the jury will ignore.

Miss Universe 2019
Colombia - Gabriela Tafur Nader (The Americas)

Am I biased? Extremely. But she came to win just like she said she would and obliterated all these girls. She has not had a single wrong foot during her time in Atlanta. I only put my girls as my winner when I feel they truly can seriously win the crown (which is rare) and I feel that way with her. She is the full package: beauty, stage presence, x-factor, brains, great oratory, great social work and a heart of gold. Plus, I think it would be super fitting if Colombia wins on the last year of Steve Harvey’s contract, think about it!

That's all, tell me what you think!

[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: Juan Sebastian
Date of Birth: 06 Apr 1990
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Pharmacist
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Horse
Hobbies/Interests: music, gambling & miss universe
Message: Like give it up at this point. It's me, I win, you lose hahahahaha

Re: Miss Universe 2019 | Juan Sebastian's FEARLESS Final Top

Postby dabunique » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:52 am

Ugh this is so happening

[youtube]A7BOmQaEEcM[/youtube]
dabunique
PAGEANT APPRENTICES are novice experts & connoisseurs.

Real Life Name/Nick: David
Date of Birth: 19 May 1977
Sexual Orientation: Not sure
Profession: Hotel Accountant
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Music, movies, cooking, pageants, friends, laughin
Message: Life is like a runway, so u better walk over dem haterz

Postby The Alchemist » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:21 am

Solid top 5. Colombia is a solid choice. I will put Vietnam over PR if I were to judged. Vietnam is 1st ru in my list
The Alchemist

Real Life Name/Nick: Mar
Date of Birth: 15 Jul 1984
Profession: Traveler
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: Traveling

Postby MOCHA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:59 am

I wouldn't be surprised if we have two lawyers as a 1-2 punch duo.

Colombia has Paulina. USA has Olivia.

We could potentially see Colombia and USA as the final top 2.
MOCHA
BEAUTY EXPERTS have very GOOD TASTE in beauty.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:40 pm

MOCHA wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we have two lawyers as a 1-2 punch duo.

Colombia has Paulina. USA has Olivia.

We could potentially see Colombia and USA as the final top 2.

I can easily see that
[youtube]Dq_uy1qcO-k[/youtube][youtube]5hXShNmEc44[/youtube][youtube]tQbbdvmyjS8[/youtube]
Juan Sebastian

Postby MOCHA » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:45 pm

This is Colombia's to lose.

So many Colombians here at the Marquis. Probably they outnumbered Thais and Filipino fans. Shocking! >:)

Good luck dear.

PS... Colombian men are meow! >:) That's all.
MOCHA

Profession: Beauty Expert
Hobbies/Interests: Motherhood

Postby ThatCanadian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:46 pm

Juan what an incredible list! We actually share four of our top 5! France, PR, Colombia, and Kenya :D it's going to be such a bloodbath but I'm confident in our girl :hx :hx
ThatCanadian

Date of Birth: 18 Apr 1996
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Cher's disciple
Hobbies/Interests: hoarding, online shopping

Postby UNO - God of Beauty » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Love seeing Colombia as your top bet.
Thank u for also considering France and Kenya.
You have a solid top 5. I agree on what you wrote about Thailand.

5/6

I have India and you have Puerto Rico.

UNO - God of Beauty

Real Life Name/Nick: Uno
Date of Birth: 13 Jun 1984
Profession: Airline Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: surfin, travelin

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:08 pm

ThatCanadian wrote:Juan what an incredible list! We actually share four of our top 5! France, PR, Colombia, and Kenya :D it's going to be such a bloodbath but I'm confident in our girl :hx :hx

Thank you friend! I am confident too but it will not be a bloodbath, this batch is not that strong and I am feeling really good about her actually. I am rarely this confident!
Juan Sebastian

Postby Juan Sebastian » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:12 pm

UNO - God of Beauty wrote:

Love seeing Colombia as your top bet.
Thank u for also considering France and Kenya.
You have a solid top 5. I agree on what you wrote about Thailand.

5/6

I have India and you have Puerto Rico.

Thank you! France and Kenya are kind of surprises for me but they both performed super well, I never saw Kenya coming but she is fantastic!
Juan Sebastian

Postby chorr » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Same top 3! >=p >=p >=p

Truth bombs, truth bombs everywhere!
chorr

Profession: none
Hobbies/Interests: tambays

Postby mvgc » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:24 pm

great list

I onbly disagree with you with singapore and belgium (both in my opinion were boring as hell in the prelims specially singapore)

It would be great seeing gabriela winning tonight but all the ladies in the top 5 deserve it also

she has worked so hard for that and i know she would be a great miss universe
mvgc
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Christopher Chukanov
Date of Birth: 18 Sep 1987
Profession: Veterinarian, personal trainer in process
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Hobbies/Interests: Gym, animales, Music, Beauty pageants, languages

Postby kristopherbondoc » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:44 pm

Pretty solid top 5, but I have to replace Kenya with Vietnam or Brazil.
kristopherbondoc

Real Life Name/Nick: Kristopher
Date of Birth: 08 May 1994
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Research Assistant
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Science, Philosophy, Languages, Gymnastics, Dance

Postby valleriam » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:59 pm

I hadn't seen this! You did good. My advice: Less alternates, too many alternates in this list and that doesn't go with the fearless thing you're selling. Other than that, well done. Congrats to Gaby Tafur, she was my winner as well.
MY FINAL CHOICES FOR MISS UNIVERSE 2022:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1954551
valleriam

Date of Birth: 24 Jan 1988
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: HBIC
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty

Return to Miss Universe