Page 416 of 425

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:31 am
by Dibss
MariaAndreina wrote:
Wow.


Image


:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

How can people be so full of themselves and think they're superior than the others? They have the same features as human beings with some variations. I don't get the delusion especially coming from our forefathers. DAMN. Glad it's changing because it's about damn time.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:31 am
by zoey
kurtij wrote:Image


Paulina gurl you need to eat :-O :-O :-O

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:01 am
by Handsama
Sophia7 wrote:
danram wrote:
I loved seeing and hearing the Top 3's speeches! Very strong and hard to figure out who the judges will favor.

I find Miss South Africa very attractive after seeing and hearing her during the finals. I think her eloquence, composure, regal bearing, etc. all combined to make her very, very attractive and stand out from the rest.

I love Gazini and she looked beautiful last night. She did her best and she exceeded my (our?) expectations. She was the most confident and most eloquent as i've ever seen and heard her. Bravo! She really did improve a lot in the communications area. Let's not be greedy... placing at Miss Universe for 10 years is a great great blessing!

It does seem that Miss Universe is more serious than ever before to make communication skills as a big differentiator while finding the most attractive and best presenter/spokesperson combined. Looking great physically and SS/EG performance will probably nab a contestant a Top 20 placement (I have few complaints about the Top 20, except that I wish Miss Chile, Japan, and Aruba managed to sneak in). I think we'll see in the succeeding years that after the Top 20 is chosen, and especially when winnowing down to Top 5 and Top 3, they will look more and more into the communication skills---which is fine to me because, in essence, the Top 20 could arguably be already considered all equal in the beauty department --- after that, it's a matter of who can capture the judges' own criteria for who will be the best spokesperson.

So to the new Miss Universe Philippines org, find the best combination of beauty, confidence, and communication skills next year! From this year's batch of Bb. Pilipinas, I still think Gazini was the best choice.






Gazini was the most beautiful Philippine candidate. I wish she has practice it over and over to sound it like a conversational speech!


Sorry Sophia but I kinda disagree with your thought process on this. Why should a non native English speaker be judged on how well she can speak like an American? This is why I take issue with cutting the semifinalists in half based on the 15 second rehearsed speech. I would find it extremely unfair if the judges based their decision on how well someone is able to articulate her ideas in so short a time because it gives an advantage to women raised in English speaking nations.

I actually liked the Philippines’ focus on elderly care. Most of the time, we hear contestants talk about children’s needs so I find it refreshing that someone spoke about the need to take good care of our aging parents and grandparents.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 am
by firerprince
MariaAndreina wrote:
Wow.


Image



WOW INDEED

The 3 races banned from being seen (in the right photo) were standing last night holding each others arm in the stage viewed by millions of people. =c3

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:26 am
by MOCHA
First of all, congratulations to TEAM MEXICO!!! :!!

Sofia was on FIRE last night. So consistent and natural. Very warm and sincere on stage. You can feel her heart shine in and out. :hx

She's probably the strongest Miss Mexico I've seen in such a long time. TOTAL PACKAGE!!! *te amo*


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:32 am
by MOCHA
Like a fine wine! 8->

Doing a stellar job spearheading the Miss Puerto Rico Organization.

Congrats Denise and team PR.


Image
Image

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:06 am
by taleyblue
Anyone here love my daughter!!? >:) ImageImage
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 am
by nycla2
:-*

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:18 am
by Guuy_15
I can honestly say that, even though I wanted Madison to win with every molecule of my body, am genuinely happy that South Africa was crowned. Her eloquence is beyond anything i've seen. I don't even consider her responses "answers" to the questions, they're statements, they're moods, they're testimonials. I can already see an amazing reign for her as she has this ability to draw people in with her words. I am so happy for South Africa and I wish her an amazing, fruitful, and life-changing reign.

My beautiful amazing Madison. I am so happy that you made so far--all the way to 1RU! You let the distractions, the bashing, the haters, and all the negativity, from locals and foreigners alike, fuel you're desire to prove them all wrong. Even though you didn't win the crown, you won what is possibly an even bigger prize: the respect and admiration from those who thought you could never represent them.

You represent the boricuas in the diaspora, who for one reason or another may not have had the privilege to grow up on the island, but they have taken every bit of the culture, traditions, and values everywhere they go. You, along with Kiara, and most importantly, Denise, have restored the importance of a once crumbling MUPR. May Kiara and Madison light up the path for our next queen to ascend to her universal crown!

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:20 am
by Queen of the Clouds
Shandi and Susie mentioned something that I think would be a good idea. Instead of opening statements, have the top twenty compete in swimsuit, then cut them into a top ten from there. The top ten can then compete in evening gown and an "opening statement" round (although they wouldn't be opening) in their evening gowns. It is a bit unfair to only allow ten girls to walk the runway and cutting the girls in half from the start based on a rehearsed speech is just a bad idea imo.

Personally, I would propose bringing back the first Q&A round that was featured in late-90s Miss USA (not sure if it was ever in Miss Universe). Rapid-fire questions are a much better way to judge a girl's speaking than listening to her recite a short speech that she had days to memorize and think about.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 am
by Devlin
Handsama wrote:
Sophia7 wrote:
danram wrote:
I loved seeing and hearing the Top 3's speeches! Very strong and hard to figure out who the judges will favor.

I find Miss South Africa very attractive after seeing and hearing her during the finals. I think her eloquence, composure, regal bearing, etc. all combined to make her very, very attractive and stand out from the rest.

I love Gazini and she looked beautiful last night. She did her best and she exceeded my (our?) expectations. She was the most confident and most eloquent as i've ever seen and heard her. Bravo! She really did improve a lot in the communications area. Let's not be greedy... placing at Miss Universe for 10 years is a great great blessing!

It does seem that Miss Universe is more serious than ever before to make communication skills as a big differentiator while finding the most attractive and best presenter/spokesperson combined. Looking great physically and SS/EG performance will probably nab a contestant a Top 20 placement (I have few complaints about the Top 20, except that I wish Miss Chile, Japan, and Aruba managed to sneak in). I think we'll see in the succeeding years that after the Top 20 is chosen, and especially when winnowing down to Top 5 and Top 3, they will look more and more into the communication skills---which is fine to me because, in essence, the Top 20 could arguably be already considered all equal in the beauty department --- after that, it's a matter of who can capture the judges' own criteria for who will be the best spokesperson.

So to the new Miss Universe Philippines org, find the best combination of beauty, confidence, and communication skills next year! From this year's batch of Bb. Pilipinas, I still think Gazini was the best choice.






Gazini was the most beautiful Philippine candidate. I wish she has practice it over and over to sound it like a conversational speech!


Sorry Sophia but I kinda disagree with your thought process on this. Why should a non native English speaker be judged on how well she can speak like an American? This is why I take issue with cutting the semifinalists in half based on the 15 second rehearsed speech. I would find it extremely unfair if the judges based their decision on how well someone is able to articulate her ideas in so short a time because it gives an advantage to women raised in English speaking nations.

I actually liked the Philippines’ focus on elderly care. Most of the time, we hear contestants talk about children’s needs so I find it refreshing that someone spoke about the need to take good care of our aging parents and grandparents.


like i said in the previous pages, there was no real Top 20, the Top 10 was the one selected by the judges in the preliminary and they were the "can she speak?" ladies that Lu was talking about

how come Peru made it to Top 10 when she was a mess delivering her speech not to mention boring and lifeless and giddy, the whole Top 20 delivering their speech was basically ceremonial IYKWIM

you Philippinos were robbed because they took your girl outta Top 10 via the speech round. They basically decided that they're gonna select the winner among the 10 that they selected (yah know, the smart girls, the lawyers, the social workers, PR was there to appease them obviously)

don't get me wrong, my girl Zozi owned that night but I know some tea so imma spill it to you guys

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 am
by nycla2
What a Decade! 10 year streak including 2 Miss Universe crowns and Best in National Costume. Proud of these queens. Mabuhay. Filipino Pageant Fans are the best!! Looking forward to the new MUP org, new era, new beggining! #reserved :7

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:28 am
by 100Mile
Arduina wrote:
koji wrote:My prediction was right: they will crown a black girl. MISS AMERICA: BLACK GIRL. MISS TEEN USA: BLACK GIRL; MISS USA: BLACK GIRL. Miss Universe: BLACK GIRL. OR PART BLACK.

YOU DECIDE WHICH WORD YOU WOULD CHOOSE TO DESCRIBE THESE MIXED GIRLS.


I think this is unfair to South Africa, black or white, her answer was powerful and make her a blondie with blue eyes, she would still have annihilated Mexico and Puerto Rico.






She's got personality too. #:-S Based on the YT videos with her fellow delegates..Miss SA was so easy to get along with..very friendly, jolly, cheerful and fun.. :hx She's so secure about herself. Like Cat..she's a People person.. >:D< That's probably the reason why all the girls are so happy about her winning.. <:-P :hx









.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:41 am
by soledad
Queen of the Clouds wrote:Shandi and Susie mentioned something that I think would be a good idea. Instead of opening statements, have the top twenty compete in swimsuit, then cut them into a top ten from there. The top ten can then compete in evening gown and an "opening statement" round (although they wouldn't be opening) in their evening gowns. It is a bit unfair to only allow ten girls to walk the runway and cutting the girls in half from the start based on a rehearsed speech is just a bad idea imo.

Personally, I would propose bringing back the first Q&A round that was featured in late-90s Miss USA (not sure if it was ever in Miss Universe). Rapid-fire questions are a much better way to judge a girl's speaking than listening to her recite a short speech that she had days to memorize and think about.


MUO FOX want it to be a UN convention, talk show, news program segment or a political debate feels that attracts more ratings and buzz in their opinion. %-(

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:58 am
by fortela
that ridiculous introductory speech cut my goddesses Philippines and Albania from the top ten. at least they should have included swimsuits to trim down to top ten. a healthy beautiful body promotes women empowerment. a sick unhealthy body is negative to the mind. feminists idealists should be smart enough to know that

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:12 am
by Nina Cleopatra
IMG wants to slowly attract and absorb Miss America viewership, Bad news. Miss Universe will become some sort of hybrid between both Pageants.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 am
by taleyblue
Universal aura!

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:18 am
by taleyblue
I have so many words to praised my daughter Miriam!!r u ready!!? >:)

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:22 am
by taleyblue
Thailand!! >=p >=p >=p

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:34 am
by taleyblue
MariaAndreina wrote:


Im starting to "get" her win. Her win is symbolic; she is resonating with people. And i think this is precisely what every single pageant fan (myself included of course) needs to get their heads across: Miss Universe is no longer about who is the most beautiful, who has the best catwalk, who has the best body. Miss Universe is about finding a woman who is innovative, charismatic, intelligent, marketable. Lu made it very clear: CAN SHE SPEAK? And this isn't about finding the most intelligent either. Miss Universe needs to be more than that. Otherwise, girls like Ireland should have been minimum Top 5. This is about someone who radiates star quality, someone impactful. Coincidently, these are all qualities that Zozi possesses. Bearing this criteria in mind, a final night performance wouldn't have been necessary to determine who would be the winner. From the moment Zozi departed to ATL, it was evident she was radiating winner vibes. And i remember very well making a comment on this thread that South Africa had that winner look, radiating charisma.

Thanks to winners like Catriona and Zozi, Miss Universe is now known for their wits and uniqueness rather than the scandals and flopped Q&A's, much like the MUO itself tried to market itself in the late 2000's. This girl has so much potential to become a star one way or the other. Unfortunately, we already saw the MUO wasting all the potential Catriona possessed. But we shall see.

Coming in to a new decade, it will be important to understand these changes and adjust, or ditch pageants all together.
still they crown a stunner!!

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 am
by nycla2
I LOVE PAULINA AND CATRIONA'S REACTION HERE SO ADORABLE

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:41 am
by MOCHA
Catriona's majestic blue gown was pure perfection on stage. When she walked out in that gown, she took my breath away and I thought ocean waves were coming. So hypnotic! 8->

It was the best gown I've ever seen as an outgoing titleholder. *i have vids of it up-close*

If she competed that night wearing this number, she would have annihilated the top 10 girls. She knows how to kill the gown portion with power and impact.

It's also nice to see former winners together and be part of the sisterhood.


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:43 am
by taleyblue
She's Gorgeous!!

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:52 am
by kurtij
taleyblue wrote:Thailand!! >=p >=p >=p


KIM DOCEKALOVA AND ANNTONIA PORSILD ARE BETTER THAN THIS TWO.

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:56 am
by nycla2
Thank You Catriona, Salamat! You have a great future ahead, wish u all the best :hx

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:56 am
by JamesCedricLim
I got what Miss Universe organization's message is sending about to all of us. They want someone who is not just beautiful, most importantly she should have something between her ears.

BUT.....I dont want to be sound bitter or whatsoever.

What i observed during Catriona's reign was they never really maximize her full potential being a good speaker? Oh yes, she made so many appearances in US programs etc, but thats it. She never had a speaking engagement that made an impact to the universe to say the least. If MUO is really telling us or sending a message that what they need is a good speaker then so be it. But they failed BIG time to Catriona.

There are so many potential speaking engagement in USA that they could have been arrange for Catriona to discuss WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, DREAMS, BULLYING, LABELLING WOMEN, BEING FEMINIST, EDUCATION, CHILDREN, AIDS AWARENESS, ETC ETC.. These could have been most pressing topics discussions. She could have done it in all UNIVERSITIES in the USA or abroad. Just my two cents....

Now that we have Zuzubini who speaks eloquently i hope she will not suffer the same fate as Cat.


Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:07 am
by yellowyam1
JamesCedricLim wrote:I got what Miss Universe organization's message is sending about to all of us. They want someone who is not just beautiful, most importantly she should have something between her ears.

BUT.....I dont want to be sound bitter or whatsoever.

What i observed during Catriona's reign was they never really maximize her full potential being a good speaker? Oh yes, she made so many appearances in US programs etc, but thats it. She never had a speaking engagement that made an impact to the universe to say the least. If MUO is really telling us or sending a message that what they need is a good speaker then so be it. But they failed BIG time to Catriona.

There are so many potential speaking engagement in USA that they could have been arrange for Catriona to discuss WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, DREAMS, BULLYING, LABELLING WOMEN, BEING FEMINIST, EDUCATION, CHILDREN, AIDS AWARENESS, ETC ETC.. These could have been most pressing topics discussions. She could have done it in all UNIVERSITIES in the USA or abroad. Just my two cents....

Now that we have Zuzubini who speaks eloquently i hope she will not suffer the same fate as Cat.



the new miss universe will get along of attention from the minorities, she is already surpassed the 1 million mark on IG, she will be booked and busy with projects from people of color.They wasted Cat time for real, she could have done so much for the miss universe but they wasted her

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:28 am
by JamesCedricLim
yellowyam1 wrote:
JamesCedricLim wrote:I got what Miss Universe organization's message is sending about to all of us. They want someone who is not just beautiful, most importantly she should have something between her ears.

BUT.....I dont want to be sound bitter or whatsoever.

What i observed during Catriona's reign was they never really maximize her full potential being a good speaker? Oh yes, she made so many appearances in US programs etc, but thats it. She never had a speaking engagement that made an impact to the universe to say the least. If MUO is really telling us or sending a message that what they need is a good speaker then so be it. But they failed BIG time to Catriona.

There are so many potential speaking engagement in USA that they could have been arrange for Catriona to discuss WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, DREAMS, BULLYING, LABELLING WOMEN, BEING FEMINIST, EDUCATION, CHILDREN, AIDS AWARENESS, ETC ETC.. These could have been most pressing topics discussions. She could have done it in all UNIVERSITIES in the USA or abroad. Just my two cents....

Now that we have Zuzubini who speaks eloquently i hope she will not suffer the same fate as Cat.



the new miss universe will get along of attention from the minorities, she is already surpassed the 1 million mark on IG, she will be booked and busy with projects from people of color.They wasted Cat time for real, she could have done so much for the miss universe but they wasted her


Exactly my point. I hope they will do something else to the new Miss Universe. Catriona also high rocketed her IG even before the Finals night. It started to reach Millions in just a day after her SLOW-Mo Twirl during Prelims. Catrionas reign was not to productive...not enough. But now i am hopeful that she will use this new platform so she could help so many young women children now that she is no longer associated with MUO. She can have so many speaking engagement, charities left and right with no restrictions at all.

Well Good luck to Miss Universe 2019. All the best my dear beauty and of course to Catriona, the world or universe is waiting for you now. there so many things you could do now, spread your wings even more and fly high...

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 am
by yellowyam1
JamesCedricLim wrote:
yellowyam1 wrote:
JamesCedricLim wrote:I got what Miss Universe organization's message is sending about to all of us. They want someone who is not just beautiful, most importantly she should have something between her ears.

BUT.....I dont want to be sound bitter or whatsoever.

What i observed during Catriona's reign was they never really maximize her full potential being a good speaker? Oh yes, she made so many appearances in US programs etc, but thats it. She never had a speaking engagement that made an impact to the universe to say the least. If MUO is really telling us or sending a message that what they need is a good speaker then so be it. But they failed BIG time to Catriona.

There are so many potential speaking engagement in USA that they could have been arrange for Catriona to discuss WOMEN EMPOWERMENT, DREAMS, BULLYING, LABELLING WOMEN, BEING FEMINIST, EDUCATION, CHILDREN, AIDS AWARENESS, ETC ETC.. These could have been most pressing topics discussions. She could have done it in all UNIVERSITIES in the USA or abroad. Just my two cents....

Now that we have Zuzubini who speaks eloquently i hope she will not suffer the same fate as Cat.



the new miss universe will get along of attention from the minorities, she is already surpassed the 1 million mark on IG, she will be booked and busy with projects from people of color.They wasted Cat time for real, she could have done so much for the miss universe but they wasted her


Exactly my point. I hope they will do something else to the new Miss Universe. Catriona also high rocketed her IG even before the Finals night. It started to reach Millions in just a day after her SLOW-Mo Twirl during Prelims. Catrionas reign was not to productive...not enough. But now i am hopeful that she will use this new platform so she could help so many young women children now that she is no longer associated with MUO. She can have so many speaking engagement, charities left and right with no restrictions at all.

Well Good luck to Miss Universe 2019. All the best my dear beauty and of course to Catriona, the world or universe is waiting for you now. there so many things you could do now, spread your wings even more and fly high...

the problem is that pageants are a thing of the past unless it's in Asia. The new miss universe will get attention, from the black community because of her hair and beautiful black girl magic.I am sure Tyler will work with her.Oprah already spoken about her.That black girl magic is in full effect, black women no longer have to wear wigs and weaves or bleach their skins to be considered beautiful, if IMG use the new miss universe the proper way they can earn a lot cash, she made history and there is money to be made from her victory

Re: ▲▼▲ SOUTH AFRICA IS MISS UNIVERSE 2019 ▲▼▲

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:30 am
by Arduina
BOP wrote:

Yesterday I had a flashback


Got the same one ;) Does anybody have Mexico's on video ???