BEWARE - MISS YOUNG INTERNATIONAL SCAM!!!!

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

BEWARE - MISS YOUNG INTERNATIONAL SCAM!!!!

Postby Angela » Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:48 am

WARNING TO NATIONAL DIRECTORS & CONTESTANTS!!! BEWARE OF THIS GUY "ROMULO (MARK) ANCHETA". HE'S A SCUMBAG! HE'S A PROFESSIONAL SCAM ARTIST AND WAS ARRESTED IN 2008 BY PHILIPPINE AUTHORITIES FOR DECEIVING DIRECTORS AND CONTESTANTS AND RUNNING AWAY WITH THEIR MONEY!

From Critical Beauty (2/6/2011):

• HE'S BAAAAAACK! A CB reader informed me that Mark Ancheta (a/k/a Romulo Ancheta), the Filipino organizer of the revived Miss Young International pageant, is back in the pageantry circuit and is soliciting candidates for the 2011 edition of his pageant. As many of you know, Ancheta was arrested in December 2008 by Philippine authorities who had charged him for fraud. Ancheta has victimized many naive and gullible individuals (to see his track record, all you have to do is search "Mark Ancheta" in the Critical Beauty Google Search Engine and all references to his misdeeds will come up.) It's amazing how this lowlife is still being allowed to run his pageant; but it's even more amazing how gullible individuals continue to fall for his scam.

It's obvious the guy is desperately seeking sponsors and financial backers. He has changed his website host and design many times, and the current one is run by Webstarts, a free provider. The text on the site is painful to read; it is riddled with misspellings, faulty syntax, poor or wrong choice of words, dangling modifiers, and inconsistent subject/verb agreement.

In the Delegates section, notice the misspelling of countries and absence of information on each delegate. His pageant's mission is also suspect. In the History section, he writes: "The winner of this title will embark her year reign in visiting different charity organization worldwide, especially the poorest country wherein poverty and lack of education is very rampant. As Ambassadress of beauty with a purpose, the winner uses her title to help different charity organizations for children. The scope of providing them the best education, personal and physical awareness and services that will make them realized that there is still hope for this world." Notice how he borrows (steals?) Miss World's trademarked slogan, "Beauty With A Purpose." As far as visiting different charity organizations worldwide, we still have to see pictures or videos from charity events attended by his past or current titleholders.

And it seems that he is also venturing out to male pageantry: Mister Tourism International!

By the way, Ancheta is also on Facebook (and why wouldn't he be? LOL)

Angela
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Angela
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Profession: Graphics Designer
Western Zodiac Sign: Aries
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: dancing, pageants, reading, surfing Internet

Re: BEWARE - MISS YOUNG INTERNATIONAL SCAM!!!!

Postby HarrisonProdLLC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Thank you for this, people were e-mailing me about this and I wanted to be sure it was the same person. I really wish that someone with integrity would run this pageant.
HarrisonProdLLC
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Britt Harrison
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1973
Profession: Legal
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby HarrisonProdLLC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:05 pm

I just ran a check, I don't know what is going on but someone in Japan filed for the Trademark in the United States for the Miss Young International name.
HarrisonProdLLC
NEWBIES are NEW members.
NEWBIES are NEW members.

Real Life Name/Nick: Britt Harrison
Date of Birth: 15 Aug 1973
Profession: Legal
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby soledad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:33 pm

I hope the prestige of this pageant will soon be restored. Its precious history can't be wasted.
soledad
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 29 Nov 1988
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: RN
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Being single and an INFP-T

Postby manasvi vangkai » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:47 am

Please bring back Miss Young International.
Philippines will certainly dominate in this pageant.
manasvi vangkai

Real Life Name/Nick: manasvi
Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1985
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: boys and men
Message: i believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.

Return to GENERAL