The Truth About Politics In Pageantry

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

The Truth About Politics In Pageantry

Postby Oma-san » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:32 pm

The truth about politics in pageantry.

First, let's evaluate the pattern of wins per the organization's native country.

Miss Universe is an American-based company and has the most number of wins 8 for the US followed closely by Venezuela with 7 wins. The Miss Universe delegates from the US have been lackluster in most cases. I wouldn't place representatives like Tara Connor, Deshauna and Nia Sanchez even in the Top 20 based on their preliminaries. And there are many more.

The trend of black winners from 2016 have been dissatisfactory because the delegates were not standouts or contenders. However, the current Miss USA who is black is impressive.

Miss World

The British-owned organization boasts of 4 wins for the United Kingdom behind the reigning two countries, India and Venezuela with 6 wins. Britain may not be the top winner but many of their finalists and winners both in the finals and fast-tracks have been unexceptional.

Since both the USA and the United Kingdom share a similar pattern in Miss World and Miss Universe, with both the countries not receiving much attention in the other pageant that they don't own and when they produce results in their own pageants, it's with unspectacular delegates, parallels can be drawn.

Are they partial to their delegates in their respective pageants? Definitely. I think it's more obvious in Miss Universe with Miss USA but the United Kingdom is not better in Miss World either. An ex-Miss Mauritius even wrote how Miss USA was given special treatment and first-serve during hair and makeup backstage.

Moving on to...

Miss Earth

Miss Earth is Philippines-owned and was an acceptable pageant system-wise until the back to back win in the 2010s followed by increasing preference to the Philippines. The winners though were pretty but what made Filipina delegates such a success and laid out an impression was their strive and hardwork to win the crown in Miss Universe and Miss World. In Miss International, Philippines has an easier road but the winners from Miss International have been better than those from Miss Earth from the Philippines.

Miss International

The Japanese have struggled with results in Miss Universe and Miss World though the delegates are promising but this hasn't been the case in their native-owned pageant, Miss International even though they've won only once. Though Japan had a good run in the two decade long Miss Earth pageant, the results have gone down in recent years.

And the other powerhouses....

Names readily come to mind...

Venezuela

Puerto Rico

and the new countries

Colombia

South Africa

While the erstwhile country India seems not to be making an impression these days except for the recent Miss World win.

First, Venezuela. Venezuela has bagged the most crowns in almost all pageants. While the national director focused primarily on the physical appearance, most Venezuelan delegates engage very well. This is true or else, Venezuelan delegates would not be able to replicate the same results in Miss World. So my conclusion is Venezuela is deserving of their success.

Colombia is an old-time performer whose recently regained momentum and produced consecutive top placements at Miss Universe and other pageants. However, they seem to lose their steam once more.

South Africa didn't have a track record in their pageant history but they've made their mark recently. But I don't think they'll maintain the momentum from that success.

India has great advantages in pageants because almost all educated Indians are English-speakers with the language being the medium in education and administration within the country. India does seem to be favoured in Miss World. For example: the beauty with a purpose projects of most Miss Indias are unexceptional and do not stand out with the projects of the other delegates especially in recent years.

However, the results in Miss Universe have been very fair and I believe it could be similar in Miss World with two sure wins (1994 and 1997) and Reita Faria because pageants at that time were not competitive as it is today. While Manushi Chillar is very eloquent and I don't mind her being the winner, she wasn't exceptional. As for the back to back wins in1999 and 2000, the winners were in my opinion, undeserving.

Coming to Puerto Rico. Puerto Rico has won Miss Universe 5 times and Miss World twice. They've also won crowns in Miss Earth and Miss International recently as well as other minor pageants. But have they been fair? The ones from Miss Universe and Miss World have not. While some delegates from Puerto Rico have been competitive like Zuleyka Riviera and Dayanara Torres, others weren't. They did not have the best catwalk nor were the most intelligent or any other point that really stood out. The manipulation of scores in the judging panel by Puerto Rican judges have been a factor as well.

So what are your thoughts? Do share.

Oma-san
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: Elle
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 2008
Sexual Orientation: Bicurious
Profession: Associate Professor
Hobbies/Interests: love, love, love my girls

Re: The Truth About Politics In Pageantry

Postby Stoichio » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:14 am

For Miss World, you have to include their British colonies and former colonies and you will be surprised that more than 50% of the winners have association to UK. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))
Stoichio
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 2011
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Number 1
Hobbies/Interests: Nature tripping

Postby Virginia Dalisay » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:17 am

No Philippines... really?!? They have more crowns than South Africa... Why ??? :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O =;)) =;)) =;)) :%)) :%)) :%))

ImageImage
Virginia Dalisay
SUPER STARS are POPULAR or CHARISMATIC posters.

Date of Birth: 14 Feb 1991
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Archeologist
Hobbies/Interests: Live the life you love and Love the life you live.
Message: Never be a prisoner of your past. It was just a lesson, not a life sentence.

Postby RainBernardi » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:22 am

not because I am Filipino but you seemed to be really bitter for the Philippines in pageantry. Even if you take out ME wins, Philippines will still tally behind Venezuela.
RainBernardi
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: rain
Date of Birth: 08 Sep 1981
Profession: IT
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Rooster
Hobbies/Interests: miss universe

Postby Oma-san » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:42 pm

RainBernardi wrote:not because I am Filipino but you seemed to be really bitter for the Philippines in pageantry. Even if you take out ME wins, Philippines will still tally behind Venezuela.

No. I said the Miss Earth winners from the Philippines are not as impressive as the ones in Miss World and Miss Universe from the Philippines.
Oma-san

Postby venice » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:47 am

Stoichio wrote:

For Miss World, you have to include their British colonies and former colonies and you will be surprised that more than 50% of the winners have association to UK. =;)) =;)) =;)) =;))

Most if not all countries that speak English as their official language or one of their official languages has historical association with the UK via colonization, including the USA. Those are the countries that compete most consistently at Miss World since the 50s hence most likely to win, and win on multiple occasions.

There are too many DUMB asses here on Missosology who spew nonsense with confidence. Or they know better and are blinded by bias.
[youtube]mXrWiJcmvBI[/youtube]
venice
PROFESSIONALS are DIPLOMATIC and QUALITY posters.

Profession: Dance Instructer
Hobbies/Interests: Dancing, costume design, make up

Postby venice » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:01 am

Bias happens naturally especially if the judging panel is not diverse. People tend to prefer or relate to others of their own kind or ponder to people that support their ideals. Its no coincidence that countries in the Americas do better at Miss Universe while Europeans do better at MW. It doesn't necessarily mean there is a political agenda behind some outcomes.
You also mentioned girls who are successful despite not standing out. We have been in an era where personality trumps physical beauty. The judges are seeing several stunners, its possible they are desensitized from choice over load and are swayed by the girls who connect on a personal level with their overall vibe.

The whole concept of pageants is political and that won't change.
venice

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:11 am

DURING TRUMP ERA, MISS UNIVERSE IS A POLITICS.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Stoichio » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:31 am

venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

Most if not all countries that speak English as their official language or one of their official languages has historical association with the UK via colonization, including the USA. Those are the countries that compete most consistently at Miss World since the 50s hence most likely to win, and win on multiple occasions.

There are too many DUMB asses here on Missosology who spew nonsense with confidence. Or they know better and are blinded by bias.

You are the DUMB ASS here for failing to recognize FACTS.
To date, there are still several British Overseas Territories existing, and the first one that comes to mind is GIBRALTAR.
BERMUDA still a British overseas territory, GRENADA (a UK commonwealth), JAMAICA (a commonwealth)
All these territories have won Miss World but you don’t see them placing high (or even placing at all) in other pageants, including the minor ones. In the case of Jamaica, they place fairly well in Miss Universe, but at least their girls that placed there are beautiful. While the ones that placed high (and even win in MW) are below average girls (i.e. 1993, 2019). If these girls were not from Jamaica nor from a British territory or colony, I doubt they even placed in the first cut.

For the big countries, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND to this day remains a commonwealth and have Queen Elizabeth as their queen. And they all get the British advantage in Miss World.

Another one of the most important former colonies of UK, is INDIA. Many of the Indian girls placed very high undeservingly. The only deserving winners were Aishwarya, Diana and Priyanka, the other 3 MW from India won because of having the advantage of being a former British colony. (Reita and Yuktha looked like grandmother/auntie when they won, while Manushi is very basic when all the make-up are removed, and she’s not really good in comm skills. I don’t know how she won in 2017 after copying the answer of Miss Sri Lanka. Her answer was the greatest COPY QUOTE in pageant history, but the world who watched thought it was her original idea :%))

BOTTOM LINE is: In Miss World, UK countries, territories, commonwealth and former colonies get UNFAIR ADVANTAGE from the organization. Because girls from countries not in those classifications hardly make it even if they send goddesses, intelligent and talented girls.

And the Miss World BWAP (Bribers With a Purpose) also gets unfair advantage: they are China, Indonesia and Puerto Rico (or shall I say Wilnelia Merced coz she’s the only one doing under the table deals) :%)) :%))

Stoichio

Postby Oma-san » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:08 pm

I never saw China winning BWAP and the two winners have not been unacceptable. People didn't accept Wen Xia Yu's because the fans from India, Philippines, etc. delegate was beaten. Yet Wen Xia Yu was more beautiful than Vanya Mishra and Queenirich Rehman and she won Talent. Her win was more deserving than Olivia Culpo's in Miss Universe.

Also, I don't think Priyanka was a deserving winner. Judging from her final look and final answer. Her runners up were prettier and well-spoken too.

L'Oreal also made its way into the Indian market in the second half of the 90s and the endorsers were primarily Femina winners like Aishwarya.
Oma-san

Postby venice » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

To date, there are still several British Overseas Territories existing, and the first one that comes to mind is GIBRALTAR.
BERMUDA still a British overseas territory, GRENADA (a UK commonwealth), JAMAICA (a commonwealth)
All these territories have won Miss World but you don’t see them placing high (or even placing at all) in other pageants, including the minor ones. In the case of Jamaica, they place fairly well in Miss Universe, but at least their girls that placed there are beautiful. While the ones that placed high (and even win in MW) are below average girls (i.e. 1993, 2019). If these girls were not from Jamaica nor from a British territory or colony, I doubt they even placed in the first cut.

For the big countries, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND to this day remains a commonwealth and have Queen Elizabeth as their queen. And they all get the British advantage in Miss World.

Another one of the most important former colonies of UK, is INDIA. Many of the Indian girls placed very high undeservingly. The only deserving winners were Aishwarya, Diana and Priyanka, the other 3 MW from India won because of having the advantage of being a former British colony. (Reita and Yuktha looked like grandmother/auntie when they won, while Manushi is very basic when all the make-up are removed, and she’s not really good in comm skills. I don’t know how she won in 2017 after copying the answer of Miss Sri Lanka. Her answer was the greatest COPY QUOTE in pageant history, but the world who watched thought it was her original idea :%))

BOTTOM LINE is: In Miss World, UK countries, territories, commonwealth and former colonies get UNFAIR ADVANTAGE from the organization. Because girls from countries not in those classifications hardly make it even if they send goddesses, intelligent and talented girls.

And the Miss World BWAP (Bribers With a Purpose) also gets unfair advantage: they are China, Indonesia and Puerto Rico (or shall I say Wilnelia Merced coz she’s the only one doing under the table deals) :%)) :%))

You are not just dumb but also a liar or just really bad at geopolitical history and math. You are here claiming more than 50% of the winners have British association when in reality only 25 of the 69 winners are from Britain or its former diverse empire (28 if you add the USA).
The winner from Bermuda was also the same woman who was runner up in Miss Universe in 79.
Grenada has only competed at MW twice.

These countries hardly compete at MW before and after their one off success. They rarely if ever compete in other pageants major or minor so why bring up their record at other pageants when they rarely if ever compete? What are you trying to prove?

Don't be hating on these countries because your country has failed to capture the multiple crowns YOU THINK it deserves. You seem bitter and pathetic, it's showing in your rants.

venice

Postby Stoichio » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:45 pm

Oma-san wrote:I never saw China winning BWAP and the two winners have not been unacceptable. People didn't accept Wen Xia Yu's because the fans from India, Philippines, etc. delegate was beaten. Yet Wen Xia Yu was more beautiful than Vanya Mishra and Queenirich Rehman and she won Talent. Her win was more deserving than Olivia Culpo's in Miss Universe.

Also, I don't think Priyanka was a deserving winner. Judging from her final look and final answer. Her runners up were prettier and well-spoken too.

L'Oreal also made its way into the Indian market in the second half of the 90s and the endorsers were primarily Femina winners like Aishwarya.

In 2012: the winner should have been either Wales or Mexico (that Vanya girl was undeserving in Top 5, she had no grace nor class on stage.) I like Wen Xia, though. But I really thought, Julia was pressured to let China win that year. Julia was shaking when she was announcing the winners =;)) =;))
Stoichio

Postby Stoichio » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm

venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

You are not just dumb but also a liar or just really bad at geopolitical history and math. You are here claiming more than 50% of the winners have British association when in reality only 25 of the 69 winners are from Britain or its former diverse empire (28 if you add the USA).
The winner from Bermuda was also the same woman who was runner up in Miss Universe in 79.

These countries hardly compete at MW before and after their one off success. They rarely if ever compete in other pageants major or minor so why bring up their record at other pageants when they rarely if ever compete? What are you trying to prove?

Don't be hating on these countries because your country has failed to capture the multiple crowns YOU THINK it deserves. You seem bitter and pathetic, it's showing in your rants.

You are good in Math, then what is 1 divided by 0??? 8-} 8-}

You really went and counted all the winners LOL. Poor guy he never came across what is “HYPERBOLE” in elementary. =;)) =;))

They hardly compete yet they won, right? That’s a solid proof how the unfair advantage of these brit territories.

The blatant fact remains: these Brit territories and former colonies + the Bribers with a Purpose get unfair advantage every year. They are the only ones who can win with below average looking girls. It would be good if they are universally beautiful but in most cases, they are not. And these were the most controversial editions.

Why do you keep on injecting USA? Though they colonized some states of the present US, USA is never written as former territory of UK as a whole; plus, MW has always had animosity of US because of Miss Universe being more popular and had better winners in the first 40 years of the pageants. Many MW titles in the past became pornstars =;)) =;)) =;))

You research about the history of MW so you will know how dark its history is. There is one blog by a MW fan from Venezuela who has entries in details about this pageant in its yearly edition since 1951. And he wrote everything in detail. Even if he is a MW fan, he didn’t sugarcoat the bad things about this pageant.

Stoichio

Postby venice » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:37 pm

Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

You are good in Math, then what is 1 divided by 0??? 8-} 8-}

You really went and counted all the winners LOL. Poor guy he never came across what is “HYPERBOLE” in elementary. =;)) =;))

They hardly compete yet they won, right? That’s a solid proof how the unfair advantage of these brit territories.

The blatant fact remains: these Brit territories and former colonies + the Bribers with a Purpose get unfair advantage every year. They are the only ones who can win with below average looking girls. It would be good if they are universally beautiful but in most cases, they are not. And these were the most controversial editions.

Why do you keep on injecting USA? Though they colonized some states of the present US, USA is never written as former territory of UK as a whole; plus, MW has always had animosity of US because of Miss Universe being more popular and had better winners in the first 40 years of the pageants. Many MW titles in the past became pornstars =;)) =;)) =;))

You research about the history of MW so you will know how dark its history is. There is one blog by a MW fan from Venezuela who has entries in details about this pageant in its yearly edition since 1951. And he wrote everything in detail. Even if he is a MW fan, he didn’t sugarcoat the bad things about this pageant.

"They hardly compete yet they won, right? That’s a solid proof how the unfair advantage of these brit territories."

Sorry but after reading that I couldn't go any further with your dumb post. Do you think judges care if a country competed before? I didn't know there was a secret rule that countries had to compete several times before being considered for a win. :%))

No wonder Missosology is becoming so irrelevant. They have idiots like you here parading as pageant experts on the forum.
venice

Postby fermnedoza » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:08 pm

Indeed,. Miss World is the most politicized pageant. While UK itself won only four times;. they won by proxies a number of times with their former colonies. Grenada won their first and only MW title with their very own Prime Minister as Chairman of the judging panel
fermnedoza

Real Life Name/Nick: fernan
Date of Birth: 19 Sep 1975
Profession: sales representative
Chinese Zodiac: Rabbit
Hobbies/Interests: reading books and browsing the internet.
Message: thanks for offering us a site where we could share ideas and share our passion for beauty pageants.

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:14 am

fermnedoza wrote:Indeed,. Miss World is the most politicized pageant. While UK itself won only four times;. they won by proxies a number of times with their former colonies. Grenada won their first and only MW title with their very own Prime Minister as Chairman of the judging panel

You can read this Miss World insights: (currently at 1997 edition)
https://rodriguezmatute.home.blog/

About Miss World 1970 results:
https://rodriguezmatute.home.blog/2020/ ... orld-1970/
ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Postby ajsy0203 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:17 am

IT WAS NOT FIXED.-

On Tuesday, November 24, Eric Morley, Director of Mecca Promotions, organizer of the Miss World contest, offered details at a press conference where he clarified that the contest had not been arranged. Issued details and an explanation of how to vote in the contest. Mr. Morley said, showing the voting ballots with the results, that he had “little enthusiasm” for giving an explanation. He said he felt that way because he had been told that, no matter what he said, most of Fleet Street felt that the Miss World contest had been “bent.” Mr. Morley continued to emphasize that Mecca could not win anything with the victory of Miss Grenada. And he added: “Will the press accept, please, a very sincere statement that in the 20 years of the Miss World contest it has never been manipulated or altered in any way? And while here, it never will be.” Mr. Morley said the storm “seems to have reached the Prime Minister of Grenada,” who was one of the judges of the contest. But he stressed that there were nine judges and asked if they had all been “bent.” “It is an insult to them to think that they could be, and the very idea of ​​the majority voting system is to ignore the extremes. Even if the vote of the Prime Minister of Grenada was reversed, by altering his vote for Miss Grenada from first to seventh, she would still have won both for our majority voting system and for points. ” “And in normal circumstances I find the press fair and reasonable. But this ‘trial by insinuation’ is affecting my business and my family.” “I can assure you that, no matter how much they dig, they will never find anything wrong in Miss World, except, as always, in a difference of opinion about the winner. That is something I have no control over.”

Finally, Mr. Morley said: “May I suggest that if more accusations are made about the contest, that the consultations be directed to the Chairman of the judges, Mr. Peter Dimmock of the BBC, since neither I nor any person employed by Mecca was on the panel of judges”. In the details of the evaluation, Mr. Morley showed that three of the girls obtained a unanimous vote in the first round. They were Miss Africa South and Miss Grenada, both non-white, and Miss Israel. Miss Sweden, “barely arrived” in the second round with four votes of nine. Morley said the final selection of 15 to seven finalists showed that all the judges voted for Africa South and eight for Granada, Sweden received four and reached the last seven by the quality vote of the president of the judges, as did Miss United Kingdom who had tied with Miss United States”. No other girl was close to Miss Africa South and Miss Grenada and it became a matter of who appeared best in the final personality interview. Morley said Miss Grenada gave the best interview. He explained that the candidates were evaluated under the majority voting system. Then he showed the final score. Four judges voted for Miss Sweden, two for Miss Grenada, two for Miss Africa South and one for Miss Israel. But he noted that Miss Grenada obtained five second places and a third, the majority, while Miss Sweden only had a fourth, a fifth and three sevenths. In terms of points, Miss Grenada scored 50, Miss Africa South 43 and Miss Sweden 38 (see table). He said he was omitting the names of the judges, but that he would be prepared to show them in few weeks. Regarding Miss Grenada, Mr. Morley said: “In general, it was accepted that she gave the best interview, and this tipped the scales in her favor.”

ajsy0203

Postby esquire27 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:28 am

Miss Earth used to crown amazing women. Until, the questionable back to back win and of course that of karen ibasco! I just like jamie herell and sandra seiffert from all the miss earth philippines.
esquire27

Date of Birth: 15 Nov 1981
Western Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Hobbies/Interests: mag-videoke, mag-bakasyon, tambay

Postby Stoichio » Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:16 pm

Miss World is and will always be the most questionable among the major pageants because:
1. There is no reputable auditing firm to verify the judges scores (do they even judge at all? :%)). They are simply displays or shall I say guests with VIP seats in the front row.

2. Every year, the bamboozlers change their criteria to favor the girl/country they want to win months before the competition starts.

3. They have what they call fast tracks yet they don’t even show to the world the full clips of these mini-competitions (even in their youtube channel). It is because, the discerning public will clearly see the girls that the org favors won’t do well. So they have to hide these from the public so they can manipulate their scores privately.

4. MW is only all about the money. They deceive the public using the Beauty with a Purpose as a charity fundraiser but the money they raise from these fundraising goes straight into the bank of Morley and spend only a meager 1% of that money (or even lower) for one or 2 charities in the world. They are evils wearing a saints cloak to deceive the world.

MW have many dark secrets. Go visit the blog of rodriguezmatute and you will see their many secrets (e.g. Steve Douglas stealing money and running away, Julia’s involvement in an affair, how Eric Morley pick a 32 year old woman in the streets of London and ask her to represent Australia and many more =;)) 8-}
Last edited by Stoichio on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stoichio

Postby Bonitillo Campanella » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:02 pm

Stoichio wrote:

l never even thought of that OH MY GOD 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

what an eye opener! :-O :-O :-O
Angela, gracias por hacer historia guapa!
=D>

Bonitillo Campanella

Real Life Name/Nick: Estibaliz Kloutier
Date of Birth: 01 Jul 1994
Profession: PR Maven
Western Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Miss Universe, MW, MI

Postby Stoichio » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:26 pm

venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:
venice wrote:
Stoichio wrote:

[/b]

[size=150]
T

"They hardly compete yet they won, right? That’s a solid proof how the unfair advantage of these brit
Sorry but after reading that I couldn't go any further with your dumb post. Do you think judges care if a country competed before? I didn't know there was a secret rule that countries had to compete several times before being considered for a win. :%))

No wonder Missosology is becoming so irrelevant. They have idiots like you here parading as pageant experts on the forum.

Venice the dark penis (LOL) is the dumbest of all the dumb MW fanatics.
He does not even know what is 1 divided by 0, go back to Grade 1 and learn something to fill your empty brain :%))

You cannot even defend why they don’t hire a reputable auditing firm.
All companies and organizations WITH INTEGRITY in the world hire an auditing firm to verify their records. MWO don’t do that because it has ZERO INTEGRITY.

These types of ORGS exists to CHEAT, CHEAT and CHEAT!

Come back once you have proof (as solid records of scores) and verified by a reputable auditing firm; else, they are BIG TIME CHEATERS. And the evidence is the absence of an auditing firm.
t]]

Stoichio

Postby Oma-san » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:23 pm

Yet the crown and format still looks good. The show simply needs to be interesting. They do have a great set of finalists but the winner is the one that's the least likeable in the entire pageant. Miss World needs to be run by a new international org.
Oma-san

Postby Iknowbeauty » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:25 pm

I don't care to defend MW, but about Priyanka being undeserving

Had Miss World not crowned her they would have regretted it to this day & forever.
Iknowbeauty
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 15 Oct 2015
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: student
Western Zodiac Sign: Libra
Chinese Zodiac: Dog
Hobbies/Interests: Pageants

Postby life » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:58 pm

People keep blabbering on about Miss World being partial to its former colonies. How about Philippines, which is a former American colony, being favored by Miss Universe, which is an American run pageant ?
life

Real Life Name/Nick: life
Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1984
Western Zodiac Sign: Gemini
Hobbies/Interests: chat,browse,meet people,play

Postby Stoichio » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 pm

life wrote:People keep blabbering on about Miss World being partial to its former colonies. How about Philippines, which is a former American colony, being favored by Miss Universe, which is an American run pageant ?

You don’t seem to know the difference, how blind 8-}
1. Miss Universe is more transparent in telling the audience how the girls are judged according to a set of criteria. MW hides the criteria from the public to give room for them to manipulate the scores/rankings.
2. Miss Universe instructs their judges not to talk to each other nor with any contestants. MW judges are always seen in footages talking to each other during the pageant. That means there is high possibility that each one is influencing each other’s own judgment. And another bad this is, MW allows NDs to judge and these NDs are always in communication with his/her own candidate.
3. Again, there is no reputable organization verifying MW’s judging process (which implies DISHONESTY).

So, you see, that’s how HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE the MW’s selection process is.

You are quick to pinpoint Philippines but you failed to see that PH did have a 10-year drought in Miss Universe. Whatever placement PH had, it was a result of our reps performance and hardwork according to the criteria given by Miss Universe Org.

Now, if you want to argue about colonies, as if you have seen Guam or Northern Marianas (tiny island territories of USA) won already. While in MW, unknown and small territorieS/colonies of UK can easily win even if they are participating only once or twice in its history LOL! =;)) =;))

Stoichio

Postby life » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:50 pm

Yeah, right, tiny territories of USA did not win Miss Universe? Puerto Rico, anyone? Hello... ? Puerto Rico won 5 times already. Philippines (US colony) won 4 times. How blinded can you be from your inherent bias?

You wanna justify fairness with PH's 10-year drought in Miss Universe? If that is the case, even India had a long drought in MW between Priyanka in 2000 and Manushi in 2017.

You wanna talk about Miss Universe's transparency? When was the last time they showed the judges scores? Just because they make the girls parade in a swimsuit and evening doesn't mean they are transparent. Cause who knows how the judges are scoring them?

You are bitter towards MW because Catriona failed to win it. And blinded by your gratitude towards Miss Universe because they just reserve a top 10 spot for you guys, well until Gazini flopped in that too. But weren't you guys so elated when an undeserving Gwedoline placed 1st runner up at MW? Back then, you seemd to think MW is so fair !

So PH placements were a result of your reps' performance and hardwork. But MW winners don't put in any performance and hardwork? Wow. How shamelessly baised can you be?

I am not stupid like you to say that MW is unbiased but so is Miss Universe. Every pageant favors the countries that are beneficial for them. You need to have a balanced perspective and be objective about criticism. Don't let jingoism cloud your objectivity.

Worse than MW and Miss Universe is the Filipino run Miss Earth which blatantly places Philippines every year and even crowns them back to back. First clean up the corruption in your own country, then point fingers at others.
life

Postby ajsy0203 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:26 am

life wrote:Yeah, right, tiny territories of USA did not win Miss Universe? Puerto Rico, anyone? Hello... ? Puerto Rico won 5 times already. Philippines (US colony) won 4 times. How blinded can you be from your inherent bias?

You wanna justify fairness with PH's 10-year drought in Miss Universe? If that is the case, even India had a long drought in MW between Priyanka in 2000 and Manushi in 2017.

You wanna talk about Miss Universe's transparency? When was the last time they showed the judges scores? Just because they make the girls parade in a swimsuit and evening doesn't mean they are transparent. Cause who knows how the judges are scoring them?

You are bitter towards MW because Catriona failed to win it. And blinded by your gratitude towards Miss Universe because they just reserve a top 10 spot for you guys, well until Gazini flopped in that too. But weren't you guys so elated when an undeserving Gwedoline placed 1st runner up at MW? Back then, you seemd to think MW is so fair !

So PH placements were a result of your reps' performance and hardwork. But MW winners don't put in any performance and hardwork? Wow. How shamelessly baised can you be?

I am not stupid like you to say that MW is unbiased but so is Miss Universe. Every pageant favors the countries that are beneficial for them. You need to have a balanced perspective and be objective about criticism. Don't let jingoism cloud your objectivity.

Worse than MW and Miss Universe is the Filipino run Miss Earth which blatantly places Philippines every year and even crowns them back to back. First clean up the corruption in your own country, then point fingers at others.

Different taste, different opinions, different standards. You forgot something, Miss Universe and Miss Earth have independent auditing firms to tabulate and verify the results.
ajsy0203

Postby life » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:50 pm

ajsy0203 wrote:
life wrote:

Different taste, different opinions, different standards. You forgot something, Miss Universe and Miss Earth have independent auditing firms to tabulate and verify the results.

Well, it is you who forgot to practise what you preach. If you are so accepting of "different tastes, opinions and standards" then why don't you just accept the taste, onions and standards of Miss World too? You wanna talk about about "independent auditing firms". What can these firms ensure at the most? That all the judges scores have been added correctly? Can they look inside the mind of a rigged judge who has purposefully scored someone too high and someone else too low?
life

Postby the critic » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:45 pm

life wrote:Yeah, right, tiny territories of USA did not win Miss Universe? Puerto Rico, anyone? Hello... ? Puerto Rico won 5 times already. Philippines (US colony) won 4 times. How blinded can you be from your inherent bias?

WOW, WOW. I LOVE HOW YOU SO ELOQUENTLY SHUT THIS CLOWN DOWN.
the critic

Date of Birth: 26 Jul 1985
Profession: Journalist
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty, fashion photography

Postby life » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:20 pm

the critic wrote:
life wrote:

WOW, WOW. I LOVE HOW YOU SO ELOQUENTLY SHUT THIS CLOWN DOWN.

Thank you The Critic :">
life

Next

Return to GENERAL