BIG-4: most-crowned country in international beauty pageants

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

BIG-4: most-crowned country in international beauty pageants

Postby Nand » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:08 pm

BIG-4: The Countries with the Most Beauty Pageant Crows

By: Cristina Eloisa Baclig - Content Researcher/Writer / @CeBacligINQ INQUIRER.net / 03:52 PM December 11, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — For years, the Philippines has proved to the world, or the universe rather, why it is known as a beauty pageant powerhouse. In terms of being the country with the most crowned beauty queens, the Philippines finished second on the list, a German market and consumer data company reported.

In a chart shared by Statista, the Philippines trailed behind Venezuela in the list of countries with the most crowns and titles from the Big Four international pageants – Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss International, and Miss Earth.

Venezuela, home of 23 crowned beauty queens, ranked first. The Philippines, along with the United States, meanwhile reigned in second place with a total of 15 crowns each.

Crowned Filipinas

Since 1952, four Filipinas have successfully won the crown and title of Miss Universe.
In 1969, Gloria Diaz made history after being the first Filipina to bring home the Miss Universe crown. The then 18-year-old morena beauty charmed the crowd with her graceful presence and witty answers.

Four years after Diaz’s momentous win, the country cinched the title once again when Margarita Moran entered the pageant. During the question and answer portion, Moran impressed the judges with her honest answer.
When asked what she would first buy with a million dollars, Moran responded by saying: “A house and lot because it’s the most expensive thing and I can’t afford it. If I had a million bucks, I’ll buy a house and lot and live by myself and other people of course.”

Pia Wurtzbach meanwhile broke the 42-year drought when she was crowned Miss Universe 2015 after a dramatic mix-up. Initially announced by host Steve Harvey as first runner-up, Wurtzbach was able to show the world and the universe, that she is “confidently beautiful with a heart.”

Three years later, Catriona Gray won the most coveted title. Gray wowed the pageant spectators with her strong stage presence. Donning a flaming red gown by Mak Tumang, she made the audience go gaga over her now-famous “lava walk.”

Megan Young in 2013 won the elusive Miss World title for the country. Young’s coronation also made the country the first to win in five major international beauty pageants.

Meanwhile, since 1960, six Filipinas have been named Miss International. Perhaps the most memorable queen in the list is Melanie Marquez, who became popular because of her quirky Q and A response in 1979: “I like everything about me, I am contented with my long-legged.”

The country’s Miss International titleholders are Gemma Cruz (1964), Aurora Pijuan (1970), Lara Quigaman (2005), Bea Santiago (2013), and Kylie Verzosa (2016).
As for Miss Earth, which was established in the Philippines in 2001, four Filipina beauty queens were successfully crowned. Karla Henry reigned in 2008, Jamie Herrell in 2014, Angelia Ong in 2015, and Karen Ibasco held the title in 2017.

“Out of 15 Filipina winners of major contests, only four won a Miss Earth title. The first Big Four winners from the Philippines were in fact chosen much earlier. Gemma Teresa Guerrero Cruz won Miss International in 1964 and Gloria Diaz has crowned Miss Universe in 1969, highlighting the long history of pageant success in the country,” Statista said.

Home-field advantage?
In the data released by Statista, it has noted that since 1952 and 1951, U.S.-based Miss Universe and UK-based Miss World “have favored their homegrown beauty queens to some extent.”

Based on the running tally of Miss Universe winners, the U.S. topped the list with a total of eight crowns. However, despite not having the homecourt advantage, both Venezuela and the Philippines successfully caught up.

“Nations in close association with organizing countries have in the past been more likely to receive the respective title, as the examples of India (six Miss World titles), Jamaica (four Miss World titles), Gibraltar, Bermuda, and Grenada (one Miss World title each) show,” Statista further reported.
“For the U.S.-based Miss Universe contest, Puerto Rico has received the most titles behind the United States and Venezuela,” the company added.
Compared to Miss Universe and Miss World, Miss International which is organized by Japan has only crowned one Japanese beauty queen since its establishment in 1960.
Miss Earth, on the other hand, contributed only four crowns for the country.
Statista remarked that in 2020, the Philippines-based committee gave out the title to the U.S., ” but might have regretted the decision [since it has] caused the country to tie with the Philippines for second-most Big Four titles.”

Read more: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1370730/s ... z6gWLUrqVj

Nand
PIONEERS are the most experienced members of Missosology.

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Re: BIG-4: most-crowned country in international beauty page

Postby FranciaREGINA » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Only Big Four :-P Excluding the Miss Supranational and Miss Gwand Intl. contests

Venezuela deserves to occupy the first place for all the crowns they have obtained and the credit goes to Osmel Sousa (who was unjustly fired by the Cisneros Organization accused of prostituting some candidates).

Philippines is the country that has won the Miss International's Crown the most times
Meanwhile, since 1960, six Filipinas have been named Miss International. Perhaps the most memorable queen in the list is Melanie Marquez, who became popular because of her quirky Q and A response in 1979: “I like everything about me, I am contented with my long-legged.”
FranciaREGINA
AMBASSADORS represent their country.
AMBASSADORS represent their country.

Date of Birth: 22 Dec 1993
Sexual Orientation: -----------
Profession: Esteticienne
Hobbies/Interests: photography, Holistic medicine

Postby Akosi Junior » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:36 am

Indonesia is no.1 >:<
Akosi Junior
ELITES are highly regarded as FINEST posters of Missosology.

Real Life Name/Nick: jenna
Date of Birth: 09 Aug 1969
Profession: callgirl
Western Zodiac Sign: Leo
Chinese Zodiac: Monkey
Hobbies/Interests: reading

Postby robert schumann » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:49 am

No Supra? Lol
robert schumann
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Date of Birth: 12 Aug 1982
Profession: teacher
Western Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Hobbies/Interests: art,reading books,surfing the net

Postby Elyerno Zabagguri » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:19 am

MAJORITY OF THE PAGEANT OUTLETS, INCLUDING NEWS MEDIA OUTLETS ONLY RECOGNIZE BIG-4 PAGEANTS. NO BIG 5, BIG 6, BIG 7, OR BIG 100.
Elyerno Zabagguri
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.
ENTERTAINERS are FUNNY people.

Real Life Name/Nick: Superstar Elyerno
Date of Birth: 02 Sep 1988
Sexual Orientation: Gay
Profession: Writer, Producer, Talent Manager
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Dragon
Hobbies/Interests: Beauty Pageants, Showbiz

Postby Geeyourhair » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:15 pm

[quote
Statista remarked that in 2020, the Philippines-based committee gave out the title to the U.S., ” but might have regretted the decision [since it has] caused the country to tie with the Philippines for second-most Big Four titles.”

[/size][/color][/quote]

I don't get why Statista give that last statement. Why would the Philippines regret giving the Miss Earth title to the USA? On the contrary, everyone in the Philippines is happy USA got it.
Geeyourhair

Date of Birth: 01 Jan 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Professional
Western Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Hobbies/Interests: social media

Postby manoypoe » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:54 am

Geeyourhair wrote:[quote

[/size][/color]

I don't get why Statista give that last statement. Why would the Philippines regret giving the Miss Earth title to the USA? On the contrary, everyone in the Philippines is happy USA got it.[/quote]

Just to make it intriguing. :-*
manoypoe
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.
MODERATORS are responsible to maintain order.

Date of Birth: 15 Apr 1975
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Assassin of Idiots
Western Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Hobbies/Interests: Web surfing

Postby Nand » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:41 am

manoypoe wrote:
Geeyourhair wrote:[quote

[/size][/color]

I don't get why Statista give that last statement. Why would the Philippines regret giving the Miss Earth title to the USA? On the contrary, everyone in the Philippines is happy USA got it.

Just to make it intriguing. :-*[/quote]

You got it right.
Nand

Date of Birth: 21 Dec 1985
Hobbies/Interests: Swimming

Return to GENERAL