European delegates at Miss Earth vs Miss Universe recently

Forum rules
Welcome to Missosology! RULES: Freedom of speech allowed but 1. NO CROSSING LIMITS AS DIRECT RACIST REMARKS, NUDE OR VIOLENT PICS. 2. NO SPAMMING/FLOODING 3. NO ADVERTISING 4. NO BLACKMAILING/VIOLATING/DIVULGING PRIVACY/personal infos of members as posting their real life pic/real life name without their consent. 5. NO AVENGING/ATTACKING MEMBERS ON THEIR PHYSICAL LOOKS 6. NO REPUTATION BUTTON ABUSE. Any question, feel free to post in the Help Desk section till a Moderator/Admin responds. HAVE FUN!

European delegates at Miss Earth vs Miss Universe recently

Postby ajsy0203 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:34 pm

In the last 2 editions of Miss Earth, the delegates from Europe were the most number of semifinalists but only few complained on this forum or in social media. But it was a sharp contrast at Miss Universe where several forumers and netizens were complained about the continental system where European delegates were the most benefited from it and claimed that they don't deserved their placements (lots of candidates from Americas were missed out in the 2018 edition).

Do you think the European girls from Miss Earth are more competitive than the European girls from Miss Universe?

ajsy0203
PAGEANT HISTORIANS are walking encyclopedias of pageantry.

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Re: European delegates at Miss Earth vs Miss Universe recent

Postby emem » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:27 pm

iba hinahanap ng Miss Earth, ganun din ang Miss Universe

why compare? =O/ =O/ =O/
emem
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.
MISSOSOLOGISTS are OFFICIALLY part of the MISSOSOLOGY FAMILY.

Real Life Name/Nick: emo
Date of Birth: 29 Feb 1916
Profession: secret
Western Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Chinese Zodiac: Snake
Hobbies/Interests: secret

Postby The Duchess » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:05 am

Well, I'm not going to get into the "are they deserving" because I feel like they had a good batch this year in Miss Universe yet sometimes they choose at least two euros that I don't understand... and then euros that I think should be there get cut. But whatever.

I do feel like pageants like Miss World and Miss Earth tend to fit more with what the European delegates offer, it doesn't mean they are more or less than other regions. Just diferrent. But I do feel those in Miss Earth tend to be a bit more competitive and fierce.
The Duchess
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.
PAGEANT EXPERTS are MASTERS & PROFESSIONAL ANALYSTS of pageantry.

Date of Birth: 01 Sep 1995
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Profession: Costume Design
Hobbies/Interests: Arts, Music, Literature

Postby ajsy0203 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:40 am

The Duchess wrote:Well, I'm not going to get into the "are they deserving" because I feel like they had a good batch this year in Miss Universe yet sometimes they choose at least two euros that I don't understand... and then euros that I think should be there get cut. But whatever.

I do feel like pageants like Miss World and Miss Earth tend to fit more with what the European delegates offer, it doesn't mean they are more or less than other regions. Just diferrent. But I do feel those in Miss Earth tend to be a bit more competitive and fierce.

At Miss Universe 2018 and 2019, there were 8 contestants from Americas made the first cut yet they still complaining about the continental system that benefited the "under-performed" European delegates especially in 2018. Most of the netizens think that there were lots of 2018 candidates from the Americas like Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico (later 1st Runner Up at MI 2019),etc. were missed out of the semifinals.
ajsy0203

Real Life Name/Nick: AJ
Date of Birth: 05 Sep 1986
Profession: Office Staff
Western Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
Hobbies/Interests: Teaching

Return to GENERAL